The Fable

Quality, ethical shirts and great customer service

I was initially drawn to The Fable after learning that their shirts were ethically made and I also appreciated the simple design for both my corporate and casual wardrobe. I purchased two shirts and they arrived in beautiful packaging and a swatch of the various other colours came with the package which I liked and will encourage me to make future purchases. I was accidentally sent one wrong shirt and was immediately sent the correct one after I got in contact and told I could keep the one I was sent by mistake as an apology. The reasonable price, quality of the fabric, free shipping, easy care and great customer service means I will definitely be loyal to this brand and recommend to all my family and friends.

Wonderful! Thank you very much for sharing. We're delighted you're happy.

Ethical, good quality, great fit, good price and accurate sizing - couldn't ask for more

Great service and fabulous shirts. Sophie sent the samples so quickly and the shirts I ordered arrived a day and a half after I ordered them. The fabric and cut are excellent, but the clincher for me is The Fable's ethical production process. I will be back!

Thank you very much. We're so pleased to hear!

The Fable is my new go-to for beautiful silk shirts

Truly impressed with The Fable silk shirts and their amazing service. Love too they are ethically made.
From swatches posted to you to the end product. Beautiful fabric and on-trend cut. What an exciting find.

We're so pleased to hear. We hope you enjoy your shirts.

High quality, high ethics

These are beautiful shirts with great attention to detail (the buttons!). Gorgeous colours and drape of fabric. The customer service is also 5 star: high level of care, goodwill and responsiveness.

Thank you for the feedback. We're delighted to hear and hope you enjoy the shirts.

Beautiful, quality shirts

Excellent customer service and beautiful shirts. My order was delivered really efficiently to New Zealand. I had to do an exchange as needed a different size which was a really easy process. Love that they send swatches of other shirt colours, very cool.

Great to hear thank you - we hope you enjoy the shirts!

Very happy with my purchase.

I have been extremely happy with my purchase from The Fable. The product is so beautiful and of the highest quality and excellent value for money. The owner Sophie was particularly helpful when I was unsure of sizing and was more than happy to assist. Thank you, Sophie!

We're so pleased to hear! We hope you enjoy your shirt and thanks for sharing your experience.

Top Quality - in both product and service

Dealing with Sophie to order a shirt for my wife (and to then exchange it for a different size) was a real pleasure. Add to that the fact that the shirt is a beautiful fabric and well-made and the result is well and truly five stars.
One suggestion - how about a telephone contact number? Dealing via email can be a bit cumbersome.

Thanks very much for your feedback Gavin. We're so pleased to hear this. We've noted your feedback for a contact number and are going to look to implement this.

Great shirts and service

I ordered 3 lovely new shirts from the fable. The style of the shirts is versatile (ie good for work or casual), the colours are beautiful and the fabric is high quality. In addition, I had to exchange one shirt as the egyptian Sands colour didn't suit my skin tone. I emailed Sophie and a blue acqua replacement arrived in a day!

Wonderful - we're so pleased to hear. Thank you Louise. We hope you get lots of good wear out of your shirts!

Beautiful design, gorgeous fit - can wear with anything

Such lovely shirts , I have a few and they fit with So many different looks and feel so good to wear. Easy to take care of and the colours are divine!

Thank you Stacey - this is great to hear. We're so pleased. We hope you enjoy your selection of our shirts.

Happiness is........................

my recently purchased Fable shirt. It is quite wonderful.....beautiful fabric, a favourite colour and very well made (love the seams). Communication with Sophie has been excellent and easy. Packaging is beautifully presented.

Thank you Margaret! We are so pleased to hear. We hope you enjoy the shirt.

Beautiful silk shirts

I have all of the basic colour long sleeve silk blouses. Beautiful silk.... Soft to touch...easy to care for...classic design....beautiful wokmanship...no fuss returns....definately recommend this company...thank you the fable...your blouses are executive quality

Such lovely feedback, thank you Tanya. We hope you enjoy your wardrobe of our shirts :)

Best shirt for all occasions

I've loved the addition of The Fable shirts to my wardrobe. They're perfect for work and for casual wear too. The silk is great quality! I have many colours now.

Thank you for the kind words Chloe. We're so pleased to hear. Enjoy your line up of our shirts.

I love my new silk shirt

My new 'The Fable' shirt is what has been missing in my wardrobe! The silk is beautiful and so well made. Fantastic quality which is also very easy to clean. I love it!

Great to hear! Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Beautiful shirts & incredible customer service!!

I tried the fable as love a silk shirt but am useless at dry cleaning so they were perfect! The fit is spot on & fabric is beautiful, Absolutely perfect for dressing up or down. Also Sophie the owner has nailed how to do customer service, goung absolutely above and beyond on both orders & everything was beautifully presented & personalised. Fan for life!!

We're delighted to hear this. Thank you very much. We hope you enjoy your shirt and the lack of dry cleaning :)

I have these shirts in almost every colour!

The Fable shirts are my go to every day. I wear them to work with pants or a skirt, and on the weekends with my jeans. The silk is easy to wash, iron and take care of. I have bought these shirts for friends and family, and they're also addicted. Once you go Fable, you won't go back!

Thanks very much for sharing your experience with us! We hope you enjoy your line up of our shirts.

The Ultimate Silk Shirt

The Fable silk shirts are the perfect piece; they are wonderful quality, ethically thoughtful, beautiful colours and priced competitively. I love my shirts because you can dress them up or down, no matter the occasion

We're so pleased to hear. Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Absolutely happy

The shirts I purchased came very speedy in beautiful packing unfortunately I had to size up due to not measuring correctly (I'm a 10 and the medium fit better) but the exchange process was quick and simple with great communication from The Fable. In only a few days I received my new shirts and they fit perfect. The silk is sturdy but still flows well. Very well made products and they look absolutely beautiful. I am such a happy customer and they are my new favourite work shirts. Would recommend for anyone looking for a great quality but decently priced business shirt or even going out top when dressed differently.

Many thanks for leaving your feedback. We hope you enjoy your shirts and get great use out of them both in and out of the office!

Beautiful shirts!

Silk shirts are an absolute staple in my wardrobe and I couldn't be happier with my new additions from The Fable. The fabric is gorgeous, the colour range is really beautiful and the make is excellent. They arrived quickly and there was no problem with exchanging for a larger size (I'm a little more busty than I give myself credit for). Will definitely be buying more.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to hear! We hope you enjoy your shirts.

Excellent customer service

The Fable provide impeccable customer service as well as lovely silk shirts. I needed to exchange my shirt for a larger size. I sent it Friday afternoon and I had the larger size the following Monday! The shirts are delivered in a smart box with a token of all the other coloured shirts they sell. Would highly recommend these shirts.

We're so pleased to hear this! We hope you enjoy your shirt and a lot of wear out of it.

Sheer luxury!

By far one of the softest, well-cut, shirts I've brought. Feels as smooth, as well, silk on the body, and I've had more compliments than I can count. The packaging is fantastic & the swatches are a genius move. Further, they're produced ethically in India (which makes them a rarity these days in the fast fashion industry), something that makes me even more inclined to buy the whole collection. Seriously feels like a luxury high-end piece at a really accessible price point.

We're so pleased to hear this! We hope you continue to get many more compliments on your shirt :)

Hi, just wondered if the sizes have changed recently.. Bought 2 size M shirts a few months ago that fit great, but a recent purchase of an M has me swimming in the shirt? Please advise. Thanks.
Hello, thanks for reaching out. We haven't changed our sizing although our fabric has changed slightly so depending on when you placed your last order, this could be why you're noticing a difference. We have easy exchanges and returns so please send us an email at info@thefable.com.au and we can find a solution for you :) Jessica

Hi there! is the white spot or rose quartz colour transparent?
Hello Lana, Dalmatian isn’t transparent however we recommend wearing a nude bra with Rose Wuartz as it has a degree of transparency. Very best, Jessica

I'm thinking of buying the new T-Shirt in white but wondering how see-through, can I wear it with a nude bra and that wouldn't show?
Hi Evas, You can. If you wear a nude or white bra underneath it will not be visible. Let me know if I can further assist. JessicaI wore it without a singlet (beige bra) for my first wear and felt exposed at work. I feel like I need a singlet under the white shirt.

Similar listings