The First Years Close & Secure Sleeper

The First Years Close & Secure Sleeper

See the Best Portacots in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

V k

V kWestern Australia

I am still using it at almost six months as my baby is quite small. I wish they made a longer version as it’s so convenient to have it on my bed at night. I also like the lamp at the top which is quite bright. I’ll be sad to stop using it soon as my baby outgrows the bed.

Purchased in February 2019.

Ease of Assembly
Safety

Holisticme

HolisticmeBrisbane

Amazing! Perfect for day sleeps & travelling

I used this when she was tiny for all her day sleeps in the living room while I'd be cooking and busy so I could keep an eye on her and she loved being close to me. I also used when we travelled. It was really handy but as I had an arms reach co sleeper cot, the deluxe model, I didn't need it for night time except travelling. Highly recommend.

Regina

ReginaPerth

Love this. Has helped heaps with my sleep which was a priority plus babys too

Snippers

SnippersSydney, NSW

Not suitable for sleeping in Queen bed with 2 adults

When my husband and I tried this out in our queen size bed it took up so much room my husband ended up putting his pillow at the other end of the bed just to get some sleep/ not fall off the bed.
Also note that to you're meant to have 1 blanket per adult so you may need to get an extra blanket/ doona each.

This product may work for you if you're planning on using it inside a cot or have a bigger bed but it is definitely not a bassinet replacement.

Mama_K

Mama_K

I really like it

I really like the close and secure sleeper as you can place it directly in the cot and no need for a bassinet.
Baby snuggle in it well and is very happy. The price is also good, I paid about $70 for it from toys r us...only catch is it's not very long and my baby outgrew it in 2 months!!

mummyof2

mummyof2Melbourne

Helpful product

I found the co-sleeper brilliant to use following my c-section. It meant that I didn't need to get out of bed repeatedly and made feeding at night so much easier.

The downside of the co-sleeper was the velcro at the end seemed superfluous and ruined the sheets on the bed. The mattress cover in the co-sleeper also had so much velcro on it that it couldn't be washed with anything else and was continually stricking together when washing it. GIven my baby vomited a bit, I needed to wash it quite often.

emm

emmsydney

good all rounder

Love this. Used this on top of my babyzen yoyo newborn nest as my little boys bed for 2 months,so he could be at bed height without having to be in the bed. Made resettling easier as i could push the pram. The length isn't the best but my little man just put his legs over the end or the side and often sleeps on his side, so his legs are curled up. We still put him in it now at 6 months for some of his day sleeps, wrapped lying on his side, on the couch, so he is supervised at all times. And my little man is quite long too.

Only ok for a short while, it's to short and noisy

The First Years Close & Secure Sleeper is ok by my standards, it is quite noisy when my baby moves, he is only 6 weeks and already kicks the foot end. If they made it longer and a little more secure it would be great! The sides could be a little more secure, when he moves it folds under his feet.

Brilliant

I used this for both my girls and worked a treat. I could pack it up and take it with me where ever I went, no need to pack a port a cot into the car when we went away.

Vox70

Vox70AU

Brilliant!

I bought one only because it was on sale but wasn't sure if I would use it! I used it for ages and I highly recommend it to everyone! My baby used it till about 4 & ½ months. It was brilliant not only for the bed but found it was also great on the couch and awesome to take to friends' places if my baby was to have a sleep at their place in a bedroom. Very happy!
Lightweight, easy to clean, folds up, easily portable, washable

firsttimemum

firsttimemummelbourne

Works for the first 2 months

I bought this sleeper to put bub in and co sleep after my Csection (I don't believe in co-sleeping due to SIDS risk but had no easier option due to my limited mobility). With my sore tummy and a constantly crying baby, the close and secure sleeper made it easier for me to check on him or pacify him without having to repeatedly get up from the bed. The downside of this sleeper - bub grew out of it before he was 8-9 weeks old, and he s a tiny baby! Unless you have an extra $70 to spare, i wouldn't recommend buying this product for a matter of few weeks.
Can co-sleep for the first 4-5 weeks, very portable, compact
Cant be used for a baby over 4-5 weeks.

Becstar

BecstarCarine

Loved it

My baby slept like a champion and I loved being so close. The nightlight was prefect for minimal disturbance and he quickly learnt night from day. My only complaint would be that he grew out of it too quickly - I would've liked to use it for longer. I would definitely use it again.

Samantha

SamanthaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best thing I ever bought

I've had my baby in here since day 1 and his now 10 weeks old. He sleeps 6-7 hours a night. I get to sleep because he is close by. I have a king bed so it allowed me and hubby to sleep without being squishy. I don't know how I would survive without this.
Only $50, compact, portable, made mummy sleep in night
The mattress can be quite loud if baby is figgity

Nicole

NicolePerth

great for the early months

This product was a life saver in the early months with my newborn. It provided peace of mind when sleeping next to my baby. We have a king size bead so there were no issues with the width for us. As it lays on top of you matress there was no issue with the comfort level.
aided sleep for the baby and me

laalaa14

laalaa14Australia

Love the close & secure sleeper

bmsp

bmsp

WIDE

I came home from hospital after having a c section and just had to have one of these so I didnt have to get out of bed each time bub woke. It was soooo wide me and hubby only just comfortably fit in our queen bed with it, but when our toddler comes in there is no chance! The matress is really plasticy and makes loud noises when you put bub in.
safe and convenient after c section and for travel
short and very wide, plastic noisy matress, overpriced

Love love loved it

This was the best my baby girl is 6 months tomorrow and we just stopped using it ( we slightly modified the length at 4 months) but it made me feel so safe as i was very scared or SIDS. Was great that we could take it anywhere and our baby loved it.
Made me feel safe, could take it anywhere
Would be good if length was adjustable but easily modified by hubby

Acheyney
Acheyney

Can you please advise on how to modify the length? My baby is 2.5 months and squished already!

Lisa
Lisa

Would love some advice on how you modified :) Thanks

GinniD

GinniDSpringfield, Missouri

Love it.

I loved this thing. I used it at home I used it on trips it went pretty much anywhere the diaper bag went, I was so happy with this product I wouldn't recommend any other if you are looking to have your baby in bed with you. It folds up nicely. Is super easy to clean if needed. The batteries on the light were easy I would say the only thing wrong with it is that the one I had the bulb fade or flickered if left on for more then a few minutes.
Easy to make mobile or have in home, easy to clean and so convienient
The light flickered on the one I had.

Jade8AU

I loved mine

It's great for co sleeping as previously said. It is small but I slightly modified mine to allow bub to sleep in it longer..... I highly recommend it as long as you don't mind modifying it so bub can sleep in it longer. It's inexpensive and folds up easy for travel. I also bought a new mattress to put in it to make it more supportive and comfy
Co sleeping safely, inexpensive. Great for travel
Too short

1drwahn
1drwahn

How did you modify it?

Jade8

I purchased another one and sewed the ends together after taking out the bottom barrier. I used it until my daughter was 7 months

misspeta

misspeta

Not long enough

My baby had grown out of this product by about one month of age. I don't understand why they don't make them longer! Fortunately I purchased and sold product on ebay so didn't waste my money. Also, the mattress is quite thin and I would imagine not terribly comfortable. Not impressed!
Allowed baby to sleep close to us in bed in the first month (he wasn't fussed on it though and we went to a bassinet instead))
Not long enough - too quickly outgrown