The First Years Close & Secure Sleeper

The First Years Close & Secure Sleeper (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Portacots in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

darkfaery7

darkfaery7Perth, WA

OK

I really love the idea of this product and have loved it for the 3 short weeks I have been able to make use of it but it is just too small. I am not sure of my babies exact length right now but he is not a large baby, slightly on the smaller side actually. Born 6Ibs8Oz and 45cm long if that gives you an idea.
-Safe cosleeping with your newborn.
-Night light
-Can easily place towel under top end to elevate for a reflux baby
-Inexpensive.
-So small my son if one month old today and already he cannot extend his legs out in the sleeper, they should make it longer, he's not bothered but I will have to find something else asap.

slenel

slenelAU

OK

If you are planning on co-sleeping I would recommend this. We weren't planning on co-sleeping and were given this as a gift. We really only used it a few times, first inside the cradle and then on a few nights when sleep deprivation meant that co-sleeping was the only option left. It worked well both times but overall it wasn't really for us and our big lug of a baby grew out of it pretty quickly anyway. The nightlight, however, comes out and we still use it as it puts out just the right amount of light.
The night light (we still use it).
Great idea if you're co-sleeping.
Really hard surface.
Found the positioner fiddly and hard to get right.
Short length.

dta_sfa

dta_sfa

OK

This is a good handy product that is very helpful in the early weeks of the babies life if bub does not want to sleep in a bassinet or if the cot seems overwhelmingly big.
This sleeper gave me confidence to have bub in bed with me the few times I have wanted to pull my hair out.
I now use this in the big cot as bub is only 6 weeks old and the big cot is overwhelming.
The sleeper is not very long. An average bub at 6 weeks is nearly to long for it.
It would be better if it was a little longer so you could at least get 3 months out of it.

Ros

RosAU

prisky

priskyAU

Good

A great product for using within a cot or for trips with a newborn. Very portable and compact. I would definitely recommend it.
Perfect for using inside a cot. I received this as a gift and since I had no plans of co-sharing I put it inside her cot. It was great in the first 3 months as the cot seemed huge in comparison to her size. It was also very convenient as a travel bed, I have used it at my parents house several times. I have also taken it on a week long trip and used it rather than taking a large portacot. It has removable fabric for washing.
Not very big. My baby is too long for it now, she is 3 months old.
Mattress is thin but doesn't seem to bother the baby.

Dianaasked

Are these safe for baby? Also are larger ones available?

E Neaves

You can buy this product in England, America and Australian from shops like Toys R us, Target, Wall mart, so I am sure they are safe. I used it for both my girls and never had any issues. I think they only come in one size.

angie

angieasked

What age do u take bub out? my son's nearly one and still wants to sleep in it helppppp

E Neaves

I don't think you should keep him in there any longer, have you tried just taking the mattress out and let him sleep on that and then slowly take that way too, it might just work.

Emmab

Emmabasked

How do u modify it? My baby is nearly 3 weeks old & will of grown out of it very soon

Jade8
Jade8

I took the end of it out and cut away the material do it was all flat, put a larger mattress in it and sewed the mesh side bits down to the bit the mattress sits on, I loved co-sleeping so eventually purchased another second hand one and attached the 2 ends together. Hope that makes sense!

Get an answer from our members and The First Years representatives