The Good Guys Kitchens

The Good Guys Kitchens

See the Best Kitchen Renovators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for The Good Guys Kitchens? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sundayjayne
SundayjayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Read the reviews prior to consultation.

Marj
MarjWyong

Kitchen is great but the installation process was appalling

AgathaRuncible
AgathaRuncibleSYDNEY

I have waited two and a half years to write this review and still feel unhappy

manny
mannyMelbourne

Unable to deliver

My Good Guys account representative advised me on two separate occasions in oct16 that they could not deliver my kitchen in early jan17 as required by our builder due to their Xmas shutdown. So I found someone who could.

When I advised Good Guys I would terminate my account as per our contract and require a full refund $2800. Suddenly they could deliver, everything was possible. Too late for me! Then Goid Guys demanded they keep $800, because they now claim they can deliver. greedy and unprofessional.

Asra S
Asra SWerribee

Not Happy!

We had so many problems with the quality of our install. From colour variation to hinge quality and the overall level of finish. Don't bother trying to save money with these guys! We will not be doing our next renovation with them.

CCSantos
CCSantosSydney

Dream kitchen turned to nightmare ordeal!!!

Still waiting for site supervisor and electrician to install new rangehood and oven and finish cupbo

Pathetic, can't leave the house, still waiting, kitchen table and cupboard still outside, no phone call why, when or how.

Ooooooooo
OooooooooCapalaba

No real customers service

I should have gone with my gut not happy with the service sat down with the designer for 3hour to only be told at the site inspection that there was issues can not believe it 3 hours for what so a simple sullliton as made move the dishwasher from point A to point B this also meant removing from the plan 3draws so guess what go a text say it was going to cost me $1066.00 no mention of a credit for the draws also was emailed a waver for the produce a kitchen is a major expanse. This is one customer that is not feeling comfortable with this company
NOT. A HAPPY Customer at all

Disappointed.

As soon as you pay they seem to slow up. Online replies don't come back in 24 hours as they say. Pantry door scratched taking 3 weeks to get a new one as they lost the first. Cupboards and drawers out of alignment. Scratched my newly painted wall. Dented my fridge. Gyprock showing behind microwave. No back on that cabinet. Into the seventh week now. Building materials still under my patio. I run Daycare from home so I cannot let children outside to play. Lost business, new clients not wanting to use me because of long time still to go before materials are out of the way.
I've told Good Guys I want compensation. All has gone quiet.

Lucy Loutoo
Lucy Loutoo

Dale G
Dale GSydney, NSW

Extremely bad and arrogant service from the head office and my kitchen is STILL not finished!

I stupidly believed what the Salesman told me and signed for a new kitchen. It was to start 4 Feb. it did and the demolishing, electrician, plumber and carpenter and plasterer were all coordinated with ultra professional contracted professionals. Trouble was the original GGs measurements for my oven and extractor fan. Cupboards were wrong. Also the bulkheads were not included. Good Guys were to provide the contractors with correct material. Nothing ! Then I call HO I get either no answer, arrogance or we will call you back. Nothing! My apartment is in a mess as can't put most things into cupboards. No oven and I have a major party here this weekend. Forget Good Guys Kitchens. They take your money and leave you hanging....

FLANNO
FLANNO

No communication

Kitchen turned up with missing elements and damaged pieces. We are now waiting 3 weeks for replacement parts and a new sink that was buckled. No after sales service and they never return your calls

Tammy
TammyHunter Region, NSW

Very unprofessional, very stressful, no follow up.

Find out how The Good Guys Kitchens compares to other Kitchen Renovators

no customer service follow up

Terrible service and knowledge

Rohan01
Rohan01MELBOURNE

Very difficult to contact, don't adhere to timelines, quality ok

Anna Masked

Has anyone had dealings with Good Guys Frankston when having their kitchens done???

Useful idiot
Useful idiot

While I could elaborate I won't, it would take to long. Don,t go near them. It,s all there in the reviews.

Anna M

Thank you...I ended up cancelling them

Tania M
Tania Masked

The good guys Fyshwick, ACT
Has anyone in Canberra bought a kitchen from the good guys in Canberra?

Andrew
Andrew

I purchased mine from the Good Guys in Newcastle and it was supplied by the Kitchen Group in Sydney. (they also do Freedom Kitchens). Even though you are in Canberra, there may be a very good chance that your kitchen will be supplied by the Kitchen Group out of Sydney, Be Careful.

Sam777
Sam777

No matter where you live expect bad service and a poor quality kitchen with the Good Guys! Fair trading are keeping an eye on them and just need a few more people to come forward before anything can be officially done about them. I wouldn't waste your hard earned money on this company!!

Lyn
Lyn

Agree

WondaWendy
WondaWendyasked

There really are some big disparities between reviews for this company. I think it would be helpful for people leaving comments to mention the suburb they live in or the store they used as there may be a trend evident of where you might end up being able to count on good service and appropriately skilled people. Just a thought as I am very tempted - I live closest to the Capalaba store so if anyone has feedback on that, I would appreciate it.

Not Happy
Not Happy

It does not matter which store you go through because the company is a separate entity - Courtsean Pty Ltd trading as The Good Guys Kitchens.- all the kitchens are managed by their Somersby NSW store. What I can tell you is that they take your money upfront and if anything goes wrong they don't take any responsibility to get it right. One of our benches was measured incorrectly and I have had to chase the Somersby office for a replacement. They do not call you to advise you of when it will be ready, the Customer Services Manager speaks to you in a moronic and robotic way and just keeps telling you that they cannot guarantee your delivery in a speedy manner. What should have taken a week has now become a month without a functioning kitchen. They promise to organise an installer, they do, but when things go wrong they basically don't care. I have had to take over the project management of my kitchen - the plumbers refused to bring the fridge inside the house - it was the The Good Guys Store/Thomastown Vic who came to my rescue and organised for their delivery drivers to do so. I cannot speak highly enough of the sales staff at the The Good Guys store. The Kitchen Group people do not offer any compensation for your stress, your time to follow up with them or your time to organise the plumbers, tilers etc. THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY!!

jota
jota

Ours was done through the Caboolture store Queensland. We have a faulty bench top and they are trying to blame us and every time I come back they change it to another reason why its us. Still fighting but its very frustrating. Wish we'd never gone near them.

Narelle
Narelle

Same for us; nothing to do with our local store who are fantastic and very helpful. Had to continually deal with the seperate kitchen entity over the phone; no showroom or office that you can have a face to face meeting. The only way to do that is to make an appointment and wait for a consultant visit. Always had to leave a message three or four times before we received a response. Didn't want to get angry with the lady who answered the phone; she was just doing her job; but in the end she was the one that coped our angry rant. Best way to get a reasonably quick response is to send your email to the management via their message system. Do not use this company! Started off great, consultant was lovely, then that was it. The design was wrong; luckily we thoroughly checked the measurements before the kitchen was ordered. Installation was supposed to take one week; ended up being 4 months. Intaller wasn't competent and he was doing it on his own even though we have a fairly large kitchen. Cost us over $25000 and we had to arrange and pay extra to finish the bulkhead. Now several of the soft close drawers are already broken; only 1 year old. Trying to get those replaced now but clearly they are poor quality.

See all The Good Guys Kitchens questions