The Good Guys

The Good Guys (page 2 of 133)

Physical store, Online store

Worst experience - Malaga, WA store

Store LocationMalaga, WA
Dianne E

Dianne ESydney Surrounds, NSW

Don’t bother the service level is garbage

Two months I have been waiting for an item purchased from them. Their help lines are next to useless as you just keep getting transferred to the same person who wouldn’t help you in the first place. I’ve tried managers and I’m just about out of options. Think I can kiss my $100 goodbye

Store LocationOnline and Penrith NSW
Donna

DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bumbling, incorrect, and hard upsell

Store LocationNOrthlands Melbourne

Sarks9009

Sarks9009Sydney, NSW

Customer service is dead...

Instead of travelling to the nearest Apple Store some miles away I thought I would visit my usual nearby Good Guys store to buy a new device instead. After wandering around for a while seriously wondering if they had sacked all their sales staff in this covid19 era (plenty of ladies behind the perspex barriers ready to take your money though) I continued to portray for a while someone who had money and was ready to spend it. Finally, a sales person shuffled towards me with a dolly loaded with cordless phones (who buys them anymore??) but acknowledged me with a G'day and kept going, not even a "can I help you sir?" or even a "are you right mate?" So I walked out....this is what passes for customer service in Australia 2020.

Store LocationProspect NSW
Stevel

StevelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just bad customer relations

Bought an expensive (for what it was) item because I wanted a good one and it failed in 18 months. They didn't want to know. Said it was "fit for purpose for the warranty period" whatever that means and I could lodge a complaint with the ACCC. Basically "see you in court". Not very good customer service. I called the manufacturer (Breville) direct and they're sending me the updated model at a 60% discount. That was the job of the Good Guys.

Store LocationMile End
Yeni

YeniSydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever

Placed an order for click and collect but the order was stuck in the system somehow, once order went through i drove to the store only to find out it is not in stock. Service has been reactive, no phone calls no emails no apologies

Carmel

Carmel

Worst online experience ever - Do not order online - You will regret it

cvanesa

cvanesaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No response in over 2 months!

I bought a $1300 iphone XR off the Good Guys online. When I had an issue with it (screen pretty much burnt), I followed their instructions online and put in an online request. This was at the end of March, I still haven't got a response from them! I put in another request a week later, and still no response. I had to call one of the stores, the guy there was nice enough to tell me to call Apple, and Apple actually ended up resolving my issue. Really disappointed with the lack of response and customer service, won't be buying off the Good Guys again!

Elvis_80

Elvis_80Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Couldn’t organise a shower in a rainstorm.

LG Condenser Dryer TD-C80NPW:

Case: 5109421

Your Concierge team couldn’t organise a shower in a rainstorm! Very poor customer service, Calls are never returned (been waiting for a call since Friday). My family have been without a dryer for a month now. You have sent out numerous repairmen who consistently fail to repair this paper weight! Which has now leaked water all over the Laundry Floor. I demand to be reimbursed for the dryer and the extended warranty that I paid for. I have given you ample amount of opportunities to repair the dryer and now I am done. “Word of Warning” Do Not even think about sending another person to my home again unless it’s to collect the piece of junk that you sold me!

Store LocationBayswater Vic

Thuan Nguyen

Thuan NguyenSydney, NSW

I bought an XBox Wireless Controller

Renata

RenataSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just terrible

Firstly I have been given wrong advice and product did not fit despite telling the staff actual brand I currently had and size of my rangehood ( had chef and wanted bosh). After swapping rangehoods I was charge extended warranty without even asking, and now product (I did not even want it, but been told I have to have it)is far to big. I can not close one of my kitchen doors and actual fan suction is so poor that my splash back is dripping all the time. Sick of to go back because nobody cares.
Do not go to get anything in good guys unless you prepare to do multiple trips and still not be satisfied as customer.

Store LocationBrowns Plains
Asim Malik

Asim MalikGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Charged my credit card fradulently without my knowledge and consent

I bought some ACs and a fan from The Good Guys store in DFO Essendon in Melbourne on 1st December 2019 using my Go Mastercard for an amount of $4,921 . On 5 May 2020 the store charged me my card accoung with another amount of $1,396 without my knowledge and consent. When I confronted the store staff, they failed to come up with any reason as to why they charged my credit card account without letting me know. Please be aware from providing them your credit card details as there seems to be no system of customers data protection in place within this business.

Mark J.

Mark J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

concierge program comedy of errors

Store LocationChirnside Park, Victoria

Horrid customer service from Concierge

We bought a Samsung tv in 2017 with the Concierge Gold Class insurance. We have bought a lemon tv as it has been repaired 3 times with the 4th time suppose to be a refund of monies or swap for like for like product.
We have been fighting with concierge to pay us out for the failed tv and they are simply refusing.

If you pay for extra cover for the tv to be replaced after the exact same issue, it is expected that they follow through and actually do what they have been paid for. I don’t believe it is worth buying the insurance as they refuse to pay you out anyway. Reports from the staff that we went to have said the same thing.

Viva L.

Viva L.

3 times order, 3 times drop in and was sold by salespersons

1st order 79860801 Called and confirmed in stock. Dropped in and item was sold ( Sandown )
2nd-time order 79976839 Called and confirmed was a reserve, dropped in, the item was sold by a salesman ( Frankston )
3rd time order 80882548 - Called and explained about my bad experience and re-confirm in stock, dropped in, the item was sold AGAIN !!!!!. ( Brighton )

This is the worst and terrible experience of buying online. It so unreliable, untrustworthy and is so irresponsible from the branches. The good guys should give me a free microwave of my choice as I put 3 times good faiths in good guys hoping it gets it right.

Harjot G.

Harjot G.Sydney, NSW

They should be called "TheBadGuys"

I purchased a laptop online 3 weeks back. The online site clearly said the product is in stock and will ship in 3-7 business days. My laptop has not shipped yet because they don't have it in any of their stores. They can't even give me an ETA as to how long it will take. The store candidly told me that it could even take a year. What the heck? If you don't have product in stock, how can you take customer's money. It is false marketing and a SCAM!

Damian

Damian

Concierge Gold Service is not Gold at all!!!

Paid an extra $200 for the 5 year Concierge Gold Service to be told that it doesn't cover issues such as seals.

We treat this washing machine so well making sure that there is never any clothes stuck in the door/seal. Gold Service ha not quite. I was told we can't do anything about it and the guy that I spoke with was not helpful either.

What good is the extra $200??? Might have to take this up with the ACCC

Makare

Very patient and great service

Hubby and self went to the local GG at East Maitland. Bought 3 items, one (the heater) has been opened and is working wonderfully..as it sure throws out the heat..and the air flow when the 'swing button' is activated has a nice even flow. The young male salesperson who assisted us was very helpful, patient, polite, and couldn't do enough to help us with all that we wanted (to buy)..so it's a mighty big thank you to him..we were very greatful indeed.

This is the first 'review' that was written before it closed up..and it's the reason why there are 2 (reviews) on the same item, so will leave it on this page.

Why is 'pending' showing on the top left of this review?

Store Location"East Maitland (Chelmsford Drive) NSW."
Chris2424

Chris2424Sydney, NSW

Spent an hour deciding on a product, then it told me they won't deliver and it's 500km away. If you won't deliver an item then don't list it on your online store. Especially if you're not willing to transfer it between your own shops. What a joke.

Josh V

Josh VPerth, WA

Negotiate? Don't make me laugh!

I had my eye on a laptop at the good guys. It was on sale for about 5 days, but I unfortunately missed the sale. Went in a few days later to ask if I could get it at a cheaper price than the normal. I offered to split the difference between normal price and the sale price.
They said the beat they could do was take $50 off.
Any way I found a better laptop at a cheaper price elsewhere, so sucked in Good Guys.

Store LocationBelmont and Osborne park WA