2The Ketogenic Switch

The Ketogenic Switch Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for The Ketogenic Switch? Claim your listing.
Heather S.
Heather S.

Is this program safe for diabetes type 2?

Roz
Roz

Hi Heather, I believe it is, there have been many stories from participants that they are no longer diabetic. This way of eating stabilizes blood sugars and reduces hypoglycemic and hyperglycemia swings. In the early stages of changing from a sugar and carb heavy diet to this low carb diet you will need to manage the changes, but there is lots of information available in the program to help you, plus personal assistance if you need it.

Deborah N.
Deborah N.

This looks like it could be a good program, my problem is I've already done other programs and nothing really works in the long run for me, or I can't eat a certain way forever and I go back to eating oatmeal, bread, etc. I am actually thinking about this but I'm wondering if my husband could also do this with me? He has a lot of pain and is also overweight.

Rita M
Rita M

Hi Deborah, I just finished the 30 Day Dress Challenge and lost 12 pounds and am so happy with what I've learned. I've done Keto since Atkins!! But this round I wasn't losing ANY weight so when I saw the ads saying they will tell you WHAT and HOW much, I had to check it out. And it WORKS with her formula. Normally it's unlimited meat, but hers is a normal size portion, of everything. Lots of food choices. Now I'm moving onto the next bigger phase she tells you about two days before our 30 days is up. It's a yr long more extended program. I need that support, so I'm joining. I hope you do too!

Marta I.
Marta I.

thinking about doing 30 day challange for $47 do you need to purchase $9 mindset book too?
And how time consuming is the meal prep to follow im a busy shift worker anyone out there can answer?? Cheers

Suzy

Hi Marta. I started the diet on Saturday so I had time to shop and cook. It’s already pretty easy. I just have salad for lunch with tuna or leftover meat, mayo and nuts. Snacks are fruit and nuts or yoghurt and dinner is meat and cooked veg or salad. Pretty easy once u get started. Worth the $47. I’m enquiring about what happens after that. I don’t want to pay again for another plan past the 30 days.

Suzy

I didn’t pay for a mindset book. There’s videos to watch on mindset which are included

Beth B.
Beth B.

hi I have a fatty liver which could have some future health issues, I know though a change in diet it can be reversed. Can anyone tell me if others have had success with TKS in with regards to this health issue.

Marianne G
Marianne G

I believe others have had success with issues such as fatty liver, IBS, Thyroid, and type 2 diabetes. I am on the program and love it.

Misha M
Misha M

it is supposed to cure fatty liver in a few weeks, according to one of the videos Deb did during our current challenge :-)

Busy Mum and Dad
Busy Mum and Dad

I reversed my fatty liver with the keto diet, but so many people think keto is just eating bacon and eggs. Ha ha ha. That's why this course is good because it shows you the real keto.

Wendy Shoemark
Wendy Shoemark

Hello there
I have high blood pressure and am on medication plus high cholesterol 6.8 but not on meds.
I've read that the Keto diet is not suitable for those with high blood pressure
Is this true or false ??????
Thanks W

Cakes1980

Hi Wendy, there are a lot of different keto diets out there, however TKS focuses strongly on reducing inflammation within the body and supporting healthy metabolic processes. There are many women who have had great success in reducing their blood pressure and coming off meds, but each person is unique and you would need to ensure you monitor closely.

Leeanne V.
Leeanne V.

Just wondering if the ketogenic switch is neccessary after completing the 30 day challenge, and is it much dearer than the $47 challenge. I'm a bit scared by the reviews of people being charged ongoing costs (particularly because I'm in Australia and not being local makes contact more difficult if there's a problem). Thank you

Cakes1980

Hi Leeanne, it depends on your goals. If you have achieved the weight loss you wanted and feel confident in your ability to keep it off then you may not need to go to the main program. It is more expensive than the 30 Day Challenge, I paid around $350 which is lifetime access to the website materials, but only 12 month access to the facebook page.
For me the cost has been more than worth it. The program continues to focus on weight loss and long term maintenance but it is actually the mindset work that has been transformational for me. Deb and her team are incredibly informative and what I have learned about the psychological aspects of weight loss (and every other area of my life) is truly amazing. I have almost reached my desired weight loss, but I have so many other goals that I want to achieve that this program is helping me realise. I have so much more to learn and am excited to continue on this journey!

Roses67

Can you tell me a little bit about the types of foods I would be eating and when you say timing of when you eat can you expand on that a bit? I realise you cant give the whole thing away, but but done e smokes of meals and times would be helpful in deciding. But I’ve got to see if it will work for me and I’ve got 2 fussy others in the house to cook and cater for too.

Cakes1980

Hi Roses, the 30 day, one dress size challenge is the best place to start as it eases you into the concepts of TKS. You are able to have breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks if you wish, however eating must be timed at least 2 hours apart. Intermittent fasting (leaving 16 hours between your last meal of the day and first meal of the next day) is optional but encouraged a couple of times a week. Foods are all whole foods. Processed foods, sugar and grains are not eaten. Fruit maximum of twice a day in small amounts, meals consist of protein, vege and plenty of leafy greens. The program concentrates on reducing inflammation in order for the body to heal and release weight, as a part of that some veges and meat are not encouraged. It really is the best program for overall health and wellbeing I've ever seen.

Roses67

Thank you. That helps in my considerations.

Caroline
Caroline

Is this a dairy free for first 2 weeks
With 3 fats only like avocado oil
No yogurt, cheese, nuts, please advise thanks, just about to start day 1 of TKS switch after completing 30 day challenge.
I have more weight to lose however my weight has remained the same for last couple of weeks so having 2 feast days now
Please assist thanks

Chrissy T.
Chrissy T.

Yes that's right. Going dairy free can help pin point intolerances, also the detox reset phase it's fairly low in fat to get your body burning its own fat instead.

Joolz59
Joolz59

I would like to hear from healthy vegans. I cook fabulous vegan meals, ferment foods ie kimchi, kombucha etc - can i still create my healthy vegan dishes. Can you have a wine

Soozyb
Soozyb

Hi, I am not vegan but this program caters for various food choices. And it depends on what stage of the program you are on as to when you can have wine. As for fermented foods they are highly reccommended at a certain stage of the program.

Aurelie
Aurelie

Hi Joolz59. I am vegan and i’m following the TKS program. As a vegan, you’ll find that the detox phase offers little variety in your food choices. However, as you move to the active weight loss and healing phases, you’ll start reintroducing food groups that are staples for us vegan such as nuts. I decided to bite the bullet and ate pretty much the same meal for 14 days in detox. It was easier than what i thought and it went in a flash. Overall, i’m impressed by TKS. In my mind, vegan and keto were not compatible. I subscribed ready to fail. TKS proved me wrong.

Slw
Slw

Hello, I appreciate this post was from a long time ago but if you happen to see this could you tell me what you were allowed to eat in the detox phase please? I'm vegetarian and I'm uncertain what I would be able to eat in the detox phase as there seem to be no none meat protein options. Thank you

cathrine zikalala

How much is a 3 month course of theketogenic diet?

Sharon

AU$70 for the first month. Then it is your choice whether you go further. The information in the first month is invaluable and you can just continue with that if you choose, and master your Own weight and health.

Thanks for the information

Debbie
Debbie

What can't you eat on this diet? I'm vegetarian.

Tolly S.
Tolly S.

I suffer with gout. Will the high fat content result in more flare ups

Sharon

It’s not actually high fat. It’s “good fats” so no. But it will help alleviate most inflammatory issues

Marie W.
Marie W.

Debbie, it’s a low-carb, whole-food eating plan .. no sugar, limited processed foods, no high-carb veggies, no grains or legumes.

Julie towers

I am on a few medications including anti depressants..will they interfere with the challenge?

Mummy of 3

Some people in the closed KTS group have come off medications due to the health benefits of the clean eating diet. I am not a doctor, but you can take the eating plan to your Dr and see what they say.

Ok thanks for that ,

Ivanna G.
Ivanna G.

Have paid for the 30 day challenge but have been unable to download ebooks. Can’t seem to login to website as haven’t received a mail with login details. Please advise urgently?

Jay d.
Jay d.

Hi Ivanna I would email support@ketogenicswitch.com they will help you out they have a fantastic team.

Gail allan

I hate the idea of enrolling in yet another diet and can see the hesitations in my partner as I zealously talk to him about but this one is different hun! he is my strongest advocate however has seen me yo yo weight on weight off and the impact this has on my self esteem -so want to but need clarification on all hidden costs
Cheers
Gail

Les Gwilym

The cost is in the food and renewing yearly. There are supplements to buy but its up to us where we get them from. I have been dieting for thirty years but Im at home now.

Hi Gail,
The information I am learning about food and about myself is invaluable. I have learnt how sugar affects my body, learnt about gut health, portion sizes, learnt how to love myself too etc. I paid for the KTS program and Deb's Wholefood cooking school when I joined up and I pay a monthly fee of $20 for the facebook support group. For me personally I think it is better than a gym membership, which I would probably never use! The weightloss is due to diet only and no additional exercise program costs are added. I lost 10kg just doing what I do everyday. I am a stay at home distance education mum. Busy, yes I am, but I'm not flogging myself at the gym everyday to lose weight. We are recommended to buy certain whole food products which benefit us however, I have stayed very basic and only purchased what I can source locally in my town. There are no shakes to buy only real food. I love it, it is now how I eat everyday. I hope this helps you to make a great decision.

I just paid for a membership , is there a website to access all the information

I just paid for a membership , is there a website to access all the information

Gail allan

I am absolutely interested however I am also aware that we have a major birthday celebration coming up in 2 weeks at an Italian resturant I would love to join at todays offer as it is promoted as an offer for today I am keen to startafter the 8th December
Cheers
Gail

Les Gwilym

No need start now and make good choices when you go out , like steak and salad. Theres always a special something coming up. You could loose a dress size by Christmas

Anne S

Les is right. Life is full of special occassions coming up. If you wait for them to have passed before starting you'll never start. TKS is a program that teaches healthy eating and how to make good food choices while participating in the special occasions of life. Whilst it is stricter in the first few weeks and until you reach your ultimate goal weight no foods are forever not allowed. It is about learning how to manage reincorporating higher carb foods in a mindful way.

Kazzah63

How much probiotic food such as sauerkraut can you consume in a day from week 4? It doesnt specify in the body switch programme

Les Gwilym

This question is best answered by the support team. They are constantly available to members via the Facebook page. Plus thousands of ladies who have been doing the diet, I normally get an answer from someone pretty quick.

Anne S

It talks about number of servings under the section on the quantities of each food type for the Healing Phase (week 4). As Les states these types of questions are best addressed through the Facebook support page. If you've chosen not to pay for this support then please read the program materials thoroughly. The information on the program is all there.

Jack B.
Jack B.

Yeah that's is bulshit the try very hard the work on the Photoshop for example go on the advertisement of this credit and the first guy on the picture is very big on left hand picture and he doesn't have much hair on his chest and the right hand side picture he is skinny nice boy and his chest and tummy has lots of hair magic next question is what's happening to his skin when he's lost so much weight tummy skin should hanging and cover she's balls

Kazzah63

I am in week 3 of TKS and have stuck to the diet really well...the last 3 days of week 3 I have reached a plateau, which I wasn't expecting until at least week 4. Any ideas where I may be going wrong ?
I'm not sure if I should hold back in increasing my fats for week 4 and drop back down to the allocation for weeks one and 2?

Anne S

Kazzah63, information on plateuas is included in the program guide. Support for these types of question is available from the TKS team as part of the facebook group support package.

Thank you Anne...

Les Gwilym

Dont fret too much , go to the amazing support of other members. They get me through my questions every time.

Hilda W.
Hilda W.

Is it true that in the first week you only drink water and psyllium husk? Someone online said that

Les Gwilym

That person had not read the program. You eat two meals with protein and veg , two fruits and three sorts of oil like avocado , nuts. This is the healthiest diet I have ever been on , balanced , nutritious and it works. Just do it you truly wont regret it. The first week might be hard due to detoxing but not everyone struggles with that. After the mind clarity and energy are so worth it. I had a huge reduction in arthritis pain too. A truly great program

Anne S

Lea is correct. This is a great program with real whole foods from day one. Psyllium husk is optional for those that feel really hungry or need help with bowel movements. I've been on this way of eating for 10 months and have never had the psyllium husk.

Kay
Kay

How much cooking is involved as I’m very lazy in the kitchen

Les Gwilym

It’s as complicated as you want it to be. I keep it simple steak / salad , chicken stir fry etc but there are some stunning recipes if you want a change. You are given a list of ingredients so it’s up to you what you do with them. The one thing that I do cook is the bone broth , very simple but totally necessary , I love it. I just feel so well on this plan. I’m on it for life.

Angela
Angela

I've been following a low histamine diet for 12 months now and ketogenic is a bit contradictory to that... eg no nightshade, vinegar based food, pickled, chocolate, strawberries etc... will it compromise what I've done?

Les Gwilym

There are food lists so you can select which foods you choose. There is also advice from a naturopath who is terrific and can advise. the support of 9000 women on face book , I doubt you would be the only one. I hope that is helpful. If you decide to join search me out. Would love to see how you progress