Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base

Amazing bed base

Assembled the bed in less than 5 minutes once we got the parts out of the box. Such a relief that we don't have to deal with the usual 14 x Screw A, 28 x Screw B, allan key, screwdriver required etc. So comfortable, mattress doesn't slide and bed doesn't creak - it's everything you could ask for!

Best Nights Sleep

Was expecting the mattress to slide on the base but it barely moves at all. Absolutely no creaking. will never got back to a bed with slats after experiencing how much better this bed is.

Ease of Assembly
Thanks for your review, Mark! We're pleased you like it!

Great bed for a great cause

The set up of the bed frame was so simple and straight forward, removal of old bed was an added bonus. The mattress is very soft and comfortable making for a perfect sleep every time. I suggest this bed to everyone and the cute koala toy is the cherry on top :)

Purchased for $1,250.00.

Thanks Tegan!

Great night’s sleep

Very simple purchasing and delivery experience. Purchased queen base and mattress which was very well packaged and simple to assemble, only requires one person and no Allen keys needed. The mattress is delivered vacuum packed and inflates when the vacuum is broken. Good fun to watch it inflate on the bed. The bed is solidly constructed, no creaks and the mattress is very comfortable and isolates movement of one person from impacting the other. No sagging into the middle of the bed at all.

Ease of Assembly
Thanks for your review, Pete!

Great Value

Super space efficient and easy to set up. It only took a few minutes to assemble and almost no creaking. Simple and effective product that saves you a lot of the hassle that usually comes with ordering furniture.

Thanks Cal!

This bed is awesome

The bed was very easy to assemble everything fit as it should, we replaced a latex mattress that cost more than twice what the Koala base mattress and pillows cost and the level of comfort is just as good, the other advantage is that I can move this bed without the need for a pair of weight lifters to help. The base does not creak or make noise I am very happy with my purchase.

Purchased for $2,620.00.

Great to hear you're happy with your items, Nichole!

So comfortable, but is creaky and slippery

We bought the mattress and bed together and assembly was super easy. Bed looks amazing! But after sleeping on it for a only few months it’s slowly developed a loud creak in several places every time we roll over. Safe to say the creaking gets more noticeable during other bed activities that require movement! I also regularly breastfeed our baby in bed and the mattress slips forward quite a lot whenever I’m sitting up with my back resting against the bed head. Mattress has also developed quite a permanent indentation where my husband sleeps which I hope won’t get worse with time. The mattress is super comfortable and I don’t even feel my husband roll over, but I do hear him due to the creaking which is just as disruptive during the night.

Ease of Assembly
Hi Kate, Thanks for our feedback. I would strongly recommend reaching out to our customer support team regarding both of the issues (bed base noise and the mattress indentation) if you haven't already. 1800 K SLEEP or support@koala.com

Pleasantly surprised

Thought all the reviews might be too good to be true but was pleasantly surprised. Bed frame was ridiculously easy to assemble, seriously too 5-10min max and didn’t even cause an argument between my partner and I! The Matt has taken some getting used to but it’s very comfortable. Love the security of a 120 day trial as well. Very happy customer

Ease of Assembly
Thank you for the great review, we are so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised.

Comfy

Bed Base was simple and easy to assemble. Easy to break down and move. The matress was compact and amazingly small. After unpacking , I found the mattress to be very comfortable. There is a top layer that is soft and the rest of the mattress is slightly firmer. Its very comfortable and is alot cheaper than an inner spring ensemble.

Purchased for $1,650.00.

Thanks Damien!

Great

Great bed, Easy to assemble but is a little on the heavy side so you may need a little help. Doesn’t make noise when moving around. Great sturdy and strong product.

Purchased .

Thanks for your review, Eva!

The most creaky bed I’ve ever slept on

The bed is very easy to assemble which we love and it does look great, but we had to send it back due to excessive creaking. We tried everything and it just wouldn’t stop creaking. It gets extremely annoying.

I don’t recommend this if you’d like a quiet nights sleep especially for the price.

Purchased .

Hi Cem, I am sorry to hear that this has been your experience with your timber bed-base. It is not the norm and we are always happy to replace any faulty Koala product. If you need any more support or help, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Modern contemporary look !

Sleeping alone in queen bed, no issues with creaks or sliding of the matress.

I found the assembly with the help of a friend very easy, don’t think I could have done it by myself, and I love that there are no metal parts at all.

Purchased for $1,650.00.

Ease of Assembly

Creaking every time I get into bed

I just received yesterday morning and it was easy to assemble, I reckon it took 20 minutes by myself (somewhere in the marketing/site says you can assemble in 5 minutes, not sure if it's possible though).

I already had the Koala mattres and both together makes my sleep really good.
Buuut... The bed base does creak, and is happening every time I get into bed.

In fact, i'm writing this review on the bed and when I make any movement not so smooth, it creaks :(

I really liked, the only thing is that for the price I wouldn't expect any noise at all

Ease of Assembly
Hi Victor, I am sorry to hear that your bed-base is creaking! This is definitely not the norm. Are you able to send an email with your order number to myself g.rutherford@koala.com and I can help you to get sleeping soundly again (with zero creaking!) Sweet Dreams Genevieve

Slide in the night

Absolutely love my koala bed!! So amazingly comfortable. It was easy to assemble and makes minimal noise. However, the only complaint is during intimate times the mattress slides significantly.
Also pillows are amazing! Request.... can you please please please can you make a boomerang pillow!!!

Ease of Assembly
Hi Bridget, Thank you for leaving a review! I will definitely pass on the request for a boomerang pillow to our design team. If you'd like us to send out some free non-slip pads to put between your base and mattress, please feel free to send us an email and include your order number! support@koala.com

Love it .....but the creak

Absolutely love the design and look of this bed. Very easy to assemble as promised.
Sadly the bed does creak....which is not ideal when you have a baby sleeping in the same room :-(
Also find that our koala mattress (which is amazing!!) moves around quite a bit.
Overall love the bed...am just disappointed that the creak sometimes disturbs my recently settled baby.

Ease of Assembly
Hi Laure, I'm sorry to hear the bed is making a creaking sound, this can be caused if the bed is on a floor that isn't level. If the creaking is happening every time you get into bed, please send us an email and let us know we may be able to offer some suggestions to isolate the cause of the creaking. In terms of the mattress moving, please feel free to email me with your order number if you would like some non-slip grip pads sent out to you? e.simmance@koala.com

Mattress moving is the only issue.

Hi koala we love your products. We are very happy with the newest addition of the bed base but are finding the same problem as others with the mattress moving are we able to get the non slip grips also

Certainly! Please send me your order number, Karen. e.simmance@koala.com - Eve

Sleeping soundly!

I've had the base for a couple of weeks now and I'm very happy with it. I read a lot of the reviews before I purchased it and have to agree with some of the other comments made: That the mattress does slide around alot, but some of the kitchen drawer non slip stuff underneath has helped fix this. It's not as big as in the pictures on the website. The base area around the mattress isn't enough to hold/rest things, but it still looks good. Maybe this is as I have different mattress, Not a koala one. It's creaked alot at the start, but I changed some of the base pieces about, and now it's fine, also don't put it flush against a wall, it makes alot of noise and rubs the paint, I put some little felt stick things at the back so it won't rub. Things I like: I really like how low it is. How it looks like its floating. The minimalist design The light wood colour How easy it was to put together-just me! All cardboard packaging which was easy to recycle. (some plastic and bubble wrap but not too much like most things these days!) In all I highly recommend this bed base!

An ingenious, simple bedbase

This is the best (Queen) bedbase: sturdy but relatively light, with clever, click-together assembly.
And it looks quite beautiful. However, I needed one person's help to get the pieces into place so be careful with saying everyone can put it together solo. Very glad an Australian company is making something innovative, worth the $800.

Thoroughly enjoy it!

The bed creaks a little.
It was easy to assemble, can be done by one person.
Looks simplistic but modern

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thanks for your review, Aimee!

Absolutely love it!

Love the bed base, so easy to assemble. Could do with sealing the wood for protection and also a non-slip pad perhaps?

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Jodee! Thanks so much for your review. If you'd like some non-slip pads, we'd be happy to send them out to you, free of charge. Just send us a message, support@koala.com. The timber does have a light seal already to protect the surface and also maintain the real feel and look of the timber.Thank you! This changes my review to 5 stars!