Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base

Super Easy purchase, delivery and install

Excellent products, super easy purchase and incredibly easy to install. My only wish is they would use less packaging as there is a lot of wasted cardboard to dispose of afterwards.

Purchased in September 2019 for $850.00.

Perfect no pain

Assemble my 11yr old did this in 20 mins
Creaks a little but has to settle in place just pleased I no longer have back ache. Wake up feeling awake and fresh

Purchased in August 2019 at Linen Line.

Ease of Assembly

So easy and looks modern

I was surprised how easy this bed base was to assemble. Its strong, doesn't creak, looks contemporary & I like the white colour choice. When my son moves out of home, it will be easy for him to dissemble the bed & take it with him. I have already recommended this bed to my friends and family.

Purchased in September 2019 for $800.00.

Simple, elegant and quiet

Base does not move or make any noise and looks funky. It was easy to set up and I am not handy. It was very reasonable, made in Australia out of our local products and delivered to the door within 2 days. Good for keeping footprint down

Ease of Assembly
Amazing! Great to hear of your experience, thanks :)

Easiest bed in the world to build!

I assembled this bed by myself and couldn't believe how easy it was to do. No tools required. My son came home to find his room changed and couldn't believe his Mum had done it all by herself. He's sleeping well and the bed must be so comfortable as he is now taking even longer to get up in the morning!

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,900.00.

Ease of Assembly
That's great to hear! Thanks for your feedback :)

Understated beauty!

Bed went together in five minutes, tops! No creaking or rattling and feels sturdy and solid. Looks fantastic! Haven't disassembled yet, but can see that it'll be a breeze to take apart and move, unlike our previous bed frame. Very happy with our purchase!

Purchased in July 2019 for $680.00.

Ease of Assembly

So far Best bed i have owned!

So far, I haven't noticed the bed creaking as I am only in my 2nd week with the bed however i have accidentally fall asleep more time than I have actually to go to sleep! haha

weekend just gone my partner and I laid down for a 'Nap', for her it was about 12 hours so she likes it too!
very impressed with the bed, took me about 10 minutes or so to put it together once i got it out of the boxes. I will be upgrading my second bed in my spare room so i will likely be purchasing a king to replace my current haha

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,700.00.

Thanks Drew!

Koala Bed Base

So easy to assemble, you literally open the box and everything clicks together in a matter of minutes. When you open one of the boxes for the bed, the instructions fold out onto a large piece of cardboard which stands up right, and you can continue to refer to, its amazing! No creaks, everything is very stable, and I love the modern floating bed look. I can also keep all of my pillows tidily behind the bed head whilst I sleep too.

Purchased in July 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $800.00.

Thanks, Zoe!

Simply the Best

I bought two Queen Size beds and mattresses

No, the beds do not creak, and they look amazing and sit solid on a wooden floor and on a carpeted floor

I have assembled the beds and it was very easy and fun

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala Sleep Alexandria for $3,700.00.

Ease of Assembly

Ez to assemble super fast delivery

Next morning deliver
Took me only 5 min to assemble the king size bed and it’s surprisingly stable
The mattress is great too Kids love it
They also help support wildlife on ur behalf

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,500.00.

Amazed!

WE are so happy with our bed base. The structure and ease of putting this together was phenomenal after moving house and putting up two other flat pack beds for our children.
It's extremely sturdy, no creaking or screeching with movement. Easy to clean and well designed (ie no stubbing your toes in the dark!) Could not receommend more highly!

Purchased in July 2019.

Ease of Assembly

A fantastic product along with a wonderful conservation effort combined!

We purchased a Koala Bed Base and Mattress as we needed an easy option for deliver, assembly and also looking for comfort. We have not been disappointed by the quality or the comfort of the product. We were also surprised by the conservation efforts that Koala contribute on behalf of our purchase. The kids especially loved the idea the we have now adopted a Koala! Thank you.

Purchased in July 2019 at au.koala.com for $1,750.00.

Thanks, Merryn!

Very happy!

Super easy to put together, much much much easier than our previous IKEA bed. No stress, looks exactly like the pictures and the material is surprisingly lightweight yet sturdy. Definitely recommend

Purchased in July 2019 for $800.00.

Thanks, Nick!

Great!

Good quality, easy to put together even for 1 person. Bed head a little wobbly but still love it. No noise from the bed, and looks great. Very happy with it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Ease of Assembly
Thanks for your review, Brett!

Every mattress purchase from now on will be a koala mattress!

Mattress is Very comfortable! Very easy to assemble base, slotted together with ease. No creaking. Aesthetically beautiful! The space behind the bed head is really useful for extra pillows and blankets

Purchased in March 2019.

Ease of Assembly
Thanks for your review, Jay!

Excellent product and service

I Bought the koala bed base to replace a creaky old one.
Ordered at 11:30 and delivery was at 13:30 well within the 4 hour window. The helpful delivery driver called with his arrival time. Bedbase flat packs were delivered to my apartment door. I unpacked, disposed of the packaging and put together the bed base on my own in less than an hour. If I had someone to help it would have taken minutes to do everything. The bed base is beautiful, functional and quiet. I love the storage for our cushions behind the headboard. Along with our koala mattress which we have had for 2 years the bed base gives a very very comfortable nights sleep.

Purchased in June 2019 for $850.00.

Ease of Assembly

Great products, backed by great service.

Having bought products from this company before, I can confirm that the products are solid, great to see a local company putting innovation in action at this level. We already have a king mattress from Koala, which is exactly as advertised. We bought this King bed to compliment the mattress and it has turned out to be an awesome match. The design is great - takes minutes to assemble and looks very nice. The only thing I haven't been able to fix is the fact that the mattress slides on the bed a bit, not sure how to keep it fixed at one spot. Not a biggie though, you can slide it back in place easily every now and then. The material is solid and the best part is that there are no slats (I hate slats) which means that the bed is nice and firm (not springy at all, which is a problem if like a flat, firm bed). There are not a lot of color-options, I think they're working on that.
I'll be buying more products from Koala (got my eyes on the bed-side tables).
There was a problem with delivery of the product but the service team got on that was able to sort it out.

Purchased in April 2019.

Ease of Assembly
Hi Bushido- Thanks for your review! If you'd like us to send you out some free, non-slip pads to stop the slipping just send us an email and our support team would be happy to get that sorted for you~ Eve @ KoalaThanks a lot-that’d help! What’s the email address?

Perfect so easy to assemble and do comfortable

Easy to assemble it only took 10 minutes by myself. I decided to move it to the other side if the room because it’s pretty big. It only took a few minutes to pull apart and put back together. Love it!

Purchased in July 2019.

Win win

We bought the Koala bed base as it would fit our king size mattress (purchased overseas) which is different to Australian king size measurements. The ordering/delivery process was faultless. The bed was a breeze to assemble and having slept on it now for over a month, we are very impressed. We have had no creaking or mattress movement. The bed looks fantastic and I didn’t realise what a bonus the storage space would be.
All that and an affordable price. Thanks Koala, keep up the good work!

Purchased in May 2019.

Thank you Deb!

So easy, sturdy and beautiful!

Really easy to assemble and some nifty little touches like the bed head having space behind it to place pillows when not using them. Love the way it looks and how much space is underneath for storage too :)

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Thanks, Shane!

Hi! I live in a fairly new building with concrete floors. On top of the concrete we have timber floorboards. Is it advisable to use/stick adhesive (Tesa) protective pads underneath the bed frame?
Great question - I would advise using the protective pads, better safe than sorry!

Can you use the bed base without the headboard? I have a beautiful headboard already and I’m wondering if i didn’t attach the time headboard would the base still function the same or would the mattress slip etc?
Hi there Asha, Great question, unfortunately the headboard does need to be attached. Sorry about that.

Hi - I have a Koala queen bed base and Koala queen mattress and was wondering in the future if I replaced the queen with a king mattress - would it fit on the queen bed base? I would have thought it could as the size difference of the mattress is in the width, just that it would take up the entire width of the bed base (which I could live with). Thanks!
Hi Natalie! Good question, Even though the Queen bed base does have that extra space the King mattress is still too wide. Measurements below: Queen bed base: 228cm L x 167cm wide King Mattress: 203cm L x 183cm wide