Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base

• Ease of Assembly

Dave M.

Dave M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Six months of happiness, before the creaking set in

I purchased the base about 6 months ago and everything was great. It arrived the following day right on schedule and I was really happy with the look of it. The dimensions are worth considering because of its extended footprint but having factored this in, all was great, until recently.... Unfortunately, over the last few weeks it has started to creak very considerable, and it is worsening. I’m someone prone to lengthy periods of wakefulness throughout the night so the interruptions are pretty problematic for me. On a good night it leaves me tossing and turning but on a worse night, I’ll be awake for 2-3 hours. I don’t know if it’s the design or what but I’m sorry my experience has turned really sour.

Purchased in March 2020.

Gabrielle B.Koala
Ellen M

Ellen MSydney, NSW

Best timber bed base

No bed creak experienced, sold firm base for our own mattress, good firm support for back.
Neat clean modern design good aesthetic look
Easy to assemble, instructions given easy to understand.
Compliments Looks well in the bedroom

Purchased in October 2020 for A$900.00.

Pidgie

Pidgie

Trouble on the double but finally got it together

Purchased in November 2020 for A$800.00.

Helen HSydney, NSW

Creaky bed

Had this base about 12 months now and I’m just about ready to throw it out as neither of us are getting a decent sleep and it’s only getting worse. Started off a little creaky and we just thought it was the wood settling into place but now it’s beyond a joke. If I roll over the slightest the bed creaks so loudly. Not really worth the price paid. Wish we had got a traditional bed base

Purchased in October 2019 for A$800.00.

Helen H

Update on review: koala promptly sent out another base and the creaking is better but it’s still creaky. Will monitor to see if it gets worse and if it does I’ll have to contact again

KoalaKoala

Great bed base and aftercare support!

Purchased in September 2019.

Solid base, solid price

Had some delays with delivery (on the courier's end) which was quickly resolved after speaking with Koala support. The base was extremely simple to assemble, is sturdy, and looks great!

Purchased in August 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$680.00.

Aaron

AaronGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easiest bed to assemble, beautiful bed

this was easiest assembly ever (click together) and it looks great. delivery was super quick too (4 hours!!). Bed doesn't creak at all. Only wish there were under drawers you could buy separately.

Purchased in August 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$850.00.

P KowalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect for purpose

Just wanted an unobtrusive bed base, quality and ease of purchase and delivery were paramount. Koala fitted perfectly. Perfect height, perfect price, perfect online order and delivery system, perfect for ease of put together (and take apart when need be), perfect sizing...just perfect.
Added bonus is stylish modern finish and storage at bed head. Well done, Koala.

Purchased in August 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$800.00.

Ease of Assembly

Looks great, very creaky.

We had the bed assembled about 12 months ago by the supplier and it looks great, but it creaks loudly whenever either of us stirs. Sadly sleep is worse since buying this bed.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$800.00.

Best Bed Base Ever!

The best bed base ever, no creaking on my end and very easy assembly (like a big jigsaw). The most idiot proof furniture there is and super sturdy. Love it!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$900.00.

Olivia T.

Olivia T.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing bedframe!

Love my new bedframe! Very easy to assemble and very solid. No creaking and I can stand on the bed without being scared of the whole thing collapsing. Definitely recommend this product!

Purchased in August 2020 for A$800.00.

Renjie T.

Renjie T.Sydney, NSW

Brilliant (tectonic) design, but with blind spots.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$680.00.

Jamie

JamieGippsland, VIC

Easy to construct, no tools required

Frame arrived in 3 easily identified boxes, unpacked with all components in the box! Easy to follow instructions and took maybe 4 minutes to construct the entire frame with easy slot guides. Once bed frame was constructed, slide koala mattress on top! DONE!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$650.00.

The best bed base Aever

I absolutely love my bed base! So easy to put together, so comfy, Doesn’t creak! Looks fantastic in my room and I can’t think of a room it wouldn’t look good in. Would definitely buy again and have recommended it to many friends already!

Purchased in May 2020.

Ease of Assembly

My headboard doesn’t fit on the bed base

I just bought a bed base and mattress 2 weeks a ago unfortunately i cannot put the headboard in so I requested for a new one. I got the new one today and still doesn’t fit. I tried watching some videos again how to set it up.. I did exactly the same thing it’s just that whenever i put the headboard it doesn’t go in easily. I’ve got no problem with the mattress and base at all it’s fine it’s just that I already got 2 headboard both of kt doesn’t fit.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,675.00.

Cameron I.Hunter Region, NSW

This one is for boinkers

My partner and I have had a struggle for the last few months where out bed was soft, uncomfortable and worst of all, very loud. A flimsy old frame where moving your pinky toe meant it screamed in agony. The Koala bed fixed this issue by providing a sturdy, amazing looking and very easy to put together frame that makes nary a peep when my partner and I are participating in extracurricular activities.

Only issue would be that the Koala bed we bought in a bundle with this frame is a bit slippy and slidey and we often have to move it back into place but it is a symbol of somewhat pride.

Thanks to Koala for making an amazing bed that has reinvigorated our lives.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,657.00.

Cameron I.

We have actually already been called this morning I believe and the slip pads are on the way!

Thanks Dream Team

Melodie

Melodie

The worst customer service I have ever experienced

Koala sell themselves as being quick to deliver items. I have been waiting over a week for my bed base and according to the tracking on my item it will probably be another week. This is despite an initial promise of 3 days. I only purchased this due to the speed of delivery as I was going to use it to style my home for sale. Their communication is appalling and when you call their number it goes straight to voicemail, but you can't leave a message. I have instigated 3 separate chats on their website to no avail. AVOID!!!!

Purchased in July 2020.

Katherine

KatherineCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love it

So fast and easy to assemble. Looks great and stylish in my room and after 10 years sleeping on a creaky bed its so quiet. Love my Koala Bed base

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$720.00.

Brett H.

Brett H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rock solid

Assembly took even less than the four minute guarantee. No creaks, no wobbles. Makes our old Ikea frame feel like it was made of matchsticks.
Even the mattress feels better! We are sleeping the best we ever have.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$650.00.

Jordan W.

Jordan W.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple, eco friendly and great design!

So easy to put together, great storage underneath, sturdy enough, great height. Love that it extends past the mattress. Would recommend this simple design and great company. The bed was delivered the next day!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$950.00.

Hey Jordan,
Thanks so much for the review, love reading that the reasons we designed the bed are actually practical and working for our customers!
Sweetest Dreams,
The Dream Team

Jenna S.

Jenna S.asked

I have hardwood floors in our bedroom and don’t want to put a rug down underneath the bed. Does the koala bed base have a rubber grip stop on the base to prevent marking the floor? I’m worried about the scratches that will be left on the floor as we are renting. Thanks.

P Kowal

As a precaution we used pieces of the cardboard packaging as a buffer between bed base and floorboards, all good.

Hi Jenna,

Our team has just had a good huddle to discuss ideas on this, plus we reached out to our product development team (the absolute experts!) to see what they recommend :) Now what did we find? There are a few good tips and tricks, but we would suggest using 'felt furniture pads' which we don't stock ourselves, but they are available at places like Bunnings Warehouse, Kmart, even Coles/Woolies often have them handy. This should make sure your floors are nicely protected :)

As a side note, thanks so much for reaching out! Our brains are whirring and we are thinking into what more we could do to give customers an even better Koala solution into the future...

If you have any more questions or there is anything else we can help you out with, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Care team on 1800 575 337 or email us at support@koala.com.

The Koala Dream Team

Ebony H.asked

I am having trouble finding bedside tables that match the colour of the koala bed base, does anyone have any suggestions?

Hey Ebony,
Check out #sleepwithkoala on insta, lots of inspiration from what other customers have used, at the moment we dont have a solution you can purchase from us but keep an eye out, you never know whats in development.
Sweet Dreams,
The Dream Team

Holly
Holly

I’m struggling with This too! For months! I wish koala would make some bedside tables that match their bookshelves and bed :(

Ebony H.

I have received some hints that they might be within the next few months! I think I’ll hold off for this pending how pricy they’ll be!

Bekasked

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to stain the bed base to a darker wood tone? I love my bed base and the support it gives but it doesn't match my bedroom furniture or aesthetic.

Meg56
Meg56

Hi Bek, The bed is made from high quality plywood and, as far as I know you could stain any colour you like. But best ask Koala. Meg.

Hi Bek,
We don't recommend re-staining the bed base as it has a veneer with a water based lacquer on it, this would need to be sanded back for any new stain to stick. It would also void the warranty on the bed.

Bek

Thank you for getting back to me! - Its such a shame it doesn't come in a darker colour or higher from the ground as this has been such a great bed for my back. Great product, can't wait to see more designs and furnishings when they come out.

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives