Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base

Glamping in style in a Koala bed

An “All Australian”product to promote our new Glamping venture. The Koala base and mattress tick all the boxes- it’s luxurious, spacious and comfortable for a night under the stars.
Prompt delivery, ease of assembly and visual appeal are all 5 stars.

Purchased in April 2019.

Great bed Base

Easy to put together and a solid support for my sore back. Great value so we bought 2 for our kids as well. Nice natural minimal look to them. I highly recommend.

Koala bed base

Ordered the bed base as it was on sale,delivery was fantastic, we were given 3 days to choose the next day after ordering it,ypu could even tracking the driver delivered it. Fantastic team

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala Living for $600.00.

No creaks!

My bed doesn’t creak at all anymore! It’s incredibly stable. It’s super easy to assemble, even a small girl like myself can do it alone. The underbed storage is also a bonus.

Purchased in May 2019 for $800.00.

The best sleep ever!

So easy to assemble and so comfortable to sleep in. Have spent much more on bed frames and mattresses in the past and nothing comes close to our satisfaction all-round with this bed.

Purchased in May 2019 at Koala Living Online Store.

Renter's Paradise for a price

Easy assembly, and you can use the space between the slats for storage. This bed will hands down be the easiest thing to move when my lease is up. Honestly it's amazing. It's a bit lower than most beds out there so keep that in mind when you're making your decision. A few people I know are put off by the height but I think it's perfect for rolling out of bed in the morning.

You're paying for that convenience however, there are definitely cheaper bedframes out there with more features and styling options. How much are you willing to pay for something that's convenient to move and set up once or twice (hopefully)? That's up to you.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Easy assembly

The bed is easy to assemble and it literally takes 4 minutes to put together. It is really sturdy . The shelf behind the bed head is great to place your phone charges and great place for your phone

Purchased in April 2019 for $805.00.

So easy to assemble

The queen bed bases where super quick to assemble and instructions made it even easier to follow. Looks great and quality product. We are using our own mattress and the product still looks good.

Purchased in May 2019.

All ease, no tools.

It took me 15 minutes to put the bed together, literally no tools were needed. Its sturdy, comfortable and looks modern.
Lower and heavier than expected though, no complaints besides that . 9/10

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala mattresses for $1,500.00.

Ease of Assembly

Greatest Bed base ever, so simply to put together

Assembled in less than 10 minutes, took longer to unwrap than to put together, no tools required was awesome, fantastic delivery time, ordered Wednesday, delivered following Monday within allocated time of day

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala for $850.00.

Ease of Assembly

Best bed, mattress, pillows and sheets ever.

I purchased the koala bundle recently and can’t highly recommend the purchase enough. For the price I received a sturdy natural looking bed frame, the most comfortable mattress and pillows I have ever owned and extremely luxurious sheets.

Purchased in April 2019 for $2,500.00.

Ease of Assembly

Love our bed base (and the mattress too)

What a great bed base, light to carry upstairs, so simple to assemble, doesn't creak or move in any way. Having the shelf behind to hide our books & extra pillows is a bonus. Highly recommend this base.

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala for $1,000.00.

good quality

Easy to assemble, no creaking. Good value and a fair price. Other kids also want one now. Would buy again.

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala.

Thanks for your review, Kim

Best designed bed I've ever owned.

Love the design of this bed. Easy to assemble. Doesn't creak or groan. The design of allowing to put display pillows behind the bed head is awesome. As well as the holes to allow for charging cables for phones. Would definately recommend this bed to anyone.

Ease of Assembly
Thanks Marty! Glad to hear you like the features of the base as much as we do!

Great bed base

Purchased base only and it was as easy to assemble as promised and the quickest delivery and informed all the way. Very happy with the base, colour is slightly pink though compared to pics on the website. Great company to deal with, would highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Ease of Assembly
Thanks for your review, Julie!

Super comfortable and easy to build

Crazy easy to build - no nails or screws, basically like putting together a 9 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Very comfortable, and great value.

Reviews need to have 30 words apparently. No more words needed. Just buy the same bed.

Thanks Mitch!

Where has this bed been all my life?

This bed was SO easy to put together, I did it on my own in no time! I love no slats, no screws=no creaking. And it has a pillow shelf!

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala Living for $800.00.

Thanks Susan!

Great for the money

I have had the bed for a couple of weeks and I am really happy with it. I am using it with a Eva mattress (so not koala), so am only commending on the bed base.
- Delivery was 2 days (to Newcastle area)
- Easy to assemble - did it alone.
- No creaking (in carpeted room).
- Seems fairly sturdy.
- I have had no issues with the mattress sliding as others have.
- Look for promo codes online - I came across several that worked on coupon style sites for 10% off.

Purchased in March 2019 for $720.00.

Ease of Assembly
Hi Felicity, thanks for your honest review. We really do appreciate it! Sweet Dreams

Amazing, very minor "gripes"

Love the bed, the design is great & assembly is generally very easy & straightforward.

My only gripe with it is that the bed as a whole is a little easy to slide around & move, but that's not a deal-breaker. What's more annoying is the mattress is VERY easy to slide across the bed! This makes it frustrating as you have to continually readjust it almost every night if you want to keep it in place.
Fail to readjust the mattress back in the center for a few days, and you'll see it come way off-center.

Besides that? Amazing bed & for a great price too, some may find it a little low to the ground, but I love that about it.

Thanks for making an affordable, well-built & easy to use/assemble product. :)

Purchased in November 2018.

Ease of Assembly
Hi Andrew, if you are experiencing any sliding with your mattress on the base you can send us an email: support@koala.com with your order number and we can send out some non-slip grip pads to you.Thanks for the response, I've shot thru an email to you guys! :D

Great Product

Sturdy and easy to assemble. Delivery time was quick and it’s helpful to be able to choose the delivery window. A little tricky to move once assembled without pulling slats out of place but all round great product.

Purchased in March 2019 for $800.00.

Ease of Assembly

Are there lots of photos available if the base? I am interested in how it is supported to prevent platform from bowing over time, and how feasible it is to clean under once fully assembled? Thanks
Hi there, I think we already answered this question on the 29th April. Here is a link to the website where you can view photos of the bed base: The platform will not bend or bow over time. https://au.koala.com/products/koala-timber-bed-base

Are there lots of photos available of the base please? I am interested in how it is supported to prevent platform from bowing over time, and how feasible it is to clean under once fully assembled? Thanks
Hi there! Yes, our website has plenty of photos of the bed base. For specifications and diagrams please scroll down and cick "show all details" once you are on the page below: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-timber-bed-base Our bed base can support a maximum weight of 590kg. Cleaning underneath is easy, although there are two middle sections that are unreachable (it's a grid design) Hope this helpsHi there, thanks for your reply. The unreachable bits don’t sound very easy to clean :(You can take the mattress off and lift the base up and vacuum down the middle if you’re that concerned. I don’t think other than a bit of dust there’d be much to clean. Very happy with this bed.

Can you use a double bed on a queen bed frame without it slipping off all the time?
We have designed our bed base in two sizes; Queen and King.
If you have space in your bedroom, you could definitely go for the Queen size base to use with your current double mattress.
 The only difference would be that there would be extra room around the outside of the mattress edge and at the foot of the bed!
It depends if you like this look or not! I personally like the floating ledge feature and it can hold items as an alternative to having a bedside table for example.

Here are the dimensions of the Queen bed base AND the extra bed base space with a double mattress:

Queen bed base : 228cm length x 167cm width x 80cm height