Koala Timber Bed Base

• Ease of Assembly
Jay

JayVictoria

Best buy of 2020

Koala has revolutionised bed bases.

No more rickety slats, awkward head and footboards and no more Alan keys.
This bed is functional, easy to assemble, strong and looks great.

Thanks Koala..... can't wait to try your mattress next!

Purchased in July 2020 at On line for A$850.00.

Charles P.

Charles P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slick, Slippery and tricky?

Purchased in September 2019 for A$800.00.

Chris K.

Chris K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So comfy

Love my koala bed, pillows and mattress. Went and bought my kids new mattresses as well they are so comfortable. Kids love them too. Thinking about getting a mattress to take away with me to work (fifo)

Isaac P.

Isaac P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes every other bed obsolete

Sleek and modern look. Unbelievably easy to assemble and pack away in only just minutes. Makes traditional bed assembly outdated and obsolete.
Structurally stronger and definitely has a lot less creaks ;)

AmandaPerth, WA

All my dreams come true

Purchased in March 2020 for A$780.00.

Leah R.

Leah R.South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliantly Easy to put together

It was a joy to assemble the Koala bed base. And as renters I have to move every few years, and several other bed bases have died due to being disassembled and reassembled so often, but the Koala definitely won't have that problem!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,000.00.

Lloyd JordanAU

good solution

have assembled or rather watch while my daughter did as i am 70 and joints are not great but it looked simple but takes longer than 4 minutes to make

Purchased in March 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$680.00.

Casey M.

Casey M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love love love !

I am so in love with the natural timber bed base, the feel is smooth and it was super easy to put together ! My favourite part is storing your extra pillows snug behind the head of the bed !!! Very happy with my koala bed, will 100% be back for more koala products !

Purchased in March 2020 at Online store for A$1,650.00.

Debra A

Debra ASydney, NSW

Best Bed Ever

This bed arrived, was assembled and tried out less than 24 hours after I ordered it. So, not only a fantastic bed but fantastic service. Easy as anything to put together. And I especially appreciate the koala toy!
I'm a terrible sleeper so when I'm lying awake in the dead of night it's great to be doing so in such a lovely bed.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$800.00.

Bridget

Bridget

Best bed ever

Assembled by myself. It was relatively easy. Hardest part is getting the pieces out of the boxes. I like the hidden storage and holes for tech. Mattress is beautiful too. Highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2020.

Jacinta P

Jacinta PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bed Base is great!

This base is so, so easy to put together! It's sturdy and strong, and everything just fits. Doesn't creek or wobble, and coupled with the Koala Mattress, it's the comfiest bed I have ever slept on. Thank you :)

Purchased in March 2020 at Koala Mattress for A$1,750.00.

KoalaKoala

Nice sturdy basic bed frame, the flat surface is perfect for the Koala mattress

Bed came the next day after ordering online. Was very easy to unpack and assemble. No tools needed. Bought it with the king Koala mattress and they pair up perfectly. There's a little squeek on the right side when I'm getting out of bed, but will probably go away once it settles.

jacqbrown68

jacqbrown68South East Queensland, QLD

Love it - colour also brightens the room

Easy to assemble in just a few minutes, comfy to sleep on and even the dogs keep tryign to get up there to sleep, peaceful and quiet as you move,

Purchased in February 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$680.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you and your dogs are enjoying it :)

Super fast!

Delivery is super fast, the base takes only 4 mins to put together.
The bed doesn’t creak and it is a nice neutral colour that works with most bedroom styles.
It is a low to the floor bed though, which suits me but may not suit others.

Purchased in February 2020.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback Rosie! :)

Brendan E.

Brendan E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exactly what I need, and wiring routing holes are awesome for chargers these days.

Very very easy to assemble, no tools at all, possible with one person, although two people would have it assembled in like 1 minute. Very quiet, very stable, very sturdy.

Purchased in January 2020 at Koala Living Showrooms for A$600.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks Brendan! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Tung Dang

Tung DangSydney, NSW

I like the design of this bed base but it's not good quality

I purchased a Koala bundle: mattress and bed base. The mattress is very good and I have reviewed it as 5 stars in other review. But the bed base is not good for sleeping because it makes loud squeak sound when hoping in or out the bed or rolling our bodies. So I have to return the bed base and keep the mattress. I appreciate helpful support from Koala which makes returning the bed base smoothly.

Purchased in February 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$800.00.

Michelle H.

Michelle H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

So easy to assemble!!

I love the look of the bedbase. The clean lines and the timber are perfect for my bedrooom decor. I assembed it myself, but have not yet dis-assembled.
Teamed with the koala mattress, I now sleep so much better than I did on my old mattress.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$800.00.

Easy As

Wow great base so easy to assemble all by myself and pull apart with no tools. Frame is solid and no creaks. Combined with Koala mattress I now sleep great

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review!!!

Excellent!!!

Prices low
Ordering and delivery simple and stress free
Assembly easy
Looks fantastic
Wonderful design allows for books, cords etc to be hidden giving my apartment bedroom a fresh uncluttered feel.
Environmentally sound- check out the website

Purchased in January 2020 for A$800.00.

Koala S.Koala

We are glad you love your bed base!!!

NPG

NPGSydney, NSW

Found what I was looking for

I have been looking for a light, yet strong bed for myself. I live on my own and wanted something easy to move but strong and firm for my back problems. Koala bed is indeed a great product, does not have any chemical smell, looks great, very earthy and was so easy to unpack and assemble it, I did it myself, a woman of 60 with back problems and stairs to deal with. One thing I would love this product to have is a little bit more height, apart from that and the creaking at the beginning, which settles very rapidly, it is a very well design bed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for A$680.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review, and we'll make sure to pass your suggestions along to the team!!

Hammoasked

I recently purchased the koala mattress along with the bed base and was wondering if you had any tips on the mattress from slipping around? Are there any matching timber supports for the end of the bed to slot in to stop the movement of my mattress? Loving the whole ensemble by the way. Haven’t slept so well for years!

Amanda

I have a different mattress, an inner-sprung mattress, that weighs about 46 kg, and it doesn't slip around on the Koala bed base, perhaps because this mattress is so heavy. After about a week the mattress moves a centimeter or two in one direction or the other, but I just push it back when I change the sheets, and all good.

Hammo

Thanks for the input Amanda. My koala mattress is a King Size, I’ve only had it for over a week maybe it needs to settle into the base. I have not seen anyone else having this issue on here.

Freya B.
Freya B.

I’m having the same issue- purchased a week ago and wake up with there being a BIG space between the mattress and head board.

Tahlia R.asked

I’m looking into buying the koala mattress and bed base. The only problem that’s keeping me from buying the bed straight away is the height, it looks quite low. How have people found the height of it?

Amanda

Yes, it's lower than other beds I've had before, but that's what I like about it. With my old bed, I would often wonder how much it would hurt if I happened to fall out of bed onto the wood floor. With the Koala Bed, I'm quite close to the ground, and that's reassuring. With a thick inner sprung mattress, the height of the bed is about 10 cm higher than a regular dining chair, and that's high enough for getting up from and getting down into.

Lloyd Jordan

i found it too low and have put a mattress topper on to give a bit more height, still not as high as i would like but can live with it ideally should be a height that when in bed swing legs out to get up the feet should just touch the floor from a normal sitting posture currently this 6ft frame has legs bent quite a bit at the knees with feet on the ground plus the softness of the mattress was not as soft as i required for these old bones however the worry of bashing shins has only happened once since sleeping on the bed base in cple on months,

Tahlia R.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I’ve seen a few people say that it has made noise after a while? Has anyone found that?

Leitu

Leituasked

Hi, I currently have a double sized koala mattress and looking to buy the bed frame though it only comes in queen or king. Do you think I can use the double sized mattress on the queen sized frame confortably?

Amanda

It will be comfortable enough to sleep on, but when you get out of bed, or into bed, you may be more likely to bruise your shins, because the bed frame will extend too far beyond the mattress. Also, the bed just won’t look quite right in the way the covers hang or don’t hang over a double mattress on a queen base. I know this because I used our old double mattress on our queen bed base until our queen mattress arrived, and I had all the above issues. I wouldn’t advise it.

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives