Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base Questions & Answers

42 questions from our users

Tai S.

Tai S.asked

Do you ship to (or have outlets in) Malaysia?

Peter

Peterasked

Hi! I live in a fairly new building with concrete floors. On top of the concrete we have timber floorboards. Is it advisable to use/stick adhesive (Tesa) protective pads underneath the bed frame?

Koala S.Koala

Great question - I would advise using the protective pads, better safe than sorry!

Asha W.

Asha W.asked

Can you use the bed base without the headboard? I have a beautiful headboard already and I’m wondering if i didn’t attach the time headboard would the base still function the same or would the mattress slip etc?

Hi there Asha,
Great question, unfortunately the headboard does need to be attached.
Sorry about that.

Natalie M.

Natalie M.asked

Hi - I have a Koala queen bed base and Koala queen mattress and was wondering in the future if I replaced the queen with a king mattress - would it fit on the queen bed base? I would have thought it could as the size difference of the mattress is in the width, just that it would take up the entire width of the bed base (which I could live with).

Thanks!

Hi Natalie!
Good question,
Even though the Queen bed base does have that extra space the King mattress is still too wide.
Measurements below:
Queen bed base: 228cm L x 167cm wide
King Mattress: 203cm L x 183cm wide

Nath D.

Nath D.asked

If I don’t have a koala mattress will mine normal mattress slide on the bed base?

Jay

Nathan mate.. if you are unsure if a queen mattress will fit on a queen koala bed base.. your next question must be can you sleep With your eyes closed on a koala bed base

Hey Nath, good question.
The Koala bed base has a matte coating which will give your mattress something to hold on to.
If you do find that it moves at all, we can also send you some feee non-slip grip pads to put between the mattress and the koala bed base.
Hope this helps!
-Eve @ Koala

Phillip

Phillipasked

How high off the ground is the bed base and how high is the bedhead?

Hi Phillip!
Platform is 23.2cm above ground. Bedhead is 55cm in height (from the platform surface to the top of the bed head)
If you click on the link below then scroll down to the button that says "show all details" you will be able to ee all of the bed base measurements for each size and diagrams!

Linda S.

Linda S.asked

Recently we have moved and the removalists lost the parts that clip the bed head and base together. Can these be bought separately as it does make a difference to the sturdiness?
Linda

Hi Linda!
We'd be happy to replace these for free for you.
I can't see your full name or order number on here so if you can please reach out to us and we will get that organised!
support@koala.com
or
phone 1800 K SLEEP
-Eve @ Koala

Jay D.

Jay D.asked

What is stopping the mattress from moving? Providing I don't buy the Koala Mattress.

David
David

The mattress is quite heavy and friction with the timber base results in it not moving - we have had no problem.

Liza W.

Liza W.asked

What sheets fit the King mattress perfectly? I've purchase 2 sets, from 2 different shops, and both sets, I cannot get the last fitted base sheet corner on.

Ginny
Ginny

I bought king size sheets from Target that had a wider side. They seem to fit well .

Karen C.

Karen C.asked

Nat R asked a question 10 months ago about:
Will bed bases be released in the future for double and king single mattress?
I am also interested in a king single to replace an old squeaky pine frame.

Hi Karen,
Thanks for your question!
It is something we are looking into but at the moment we only have the Queen and King size available.

anonymousasked

Are there lots of photos available if the base? I am interested in how it is supported to prevent platform from bowing over time, and how feasible it is to clean under once fully assembled? Thanks

Hi there,
I think we already answered this question on the 29th April.
Here is a link to the website where you can view photos of the bed base:
The platform will not bend or bow over time.

anonymousasked

Are there lots of photos available of the base please? I am interested in how it is supported to prevent platform from bowing over time, and how feasible it is to clean under once fully assembled? Thanks

Hi there!
Yes, our website has plenty of photos of the bed base. For specifications and diagrams please scroll down and cick "show all details" once you are on the page below:

Our bed base can support a maximum weight of 590kg.
Cleaning underneath is easy, although there are two middle sections that are unreachable (it's a grid design)
Hope this helps

anonymous

Hi there, thanks for your reply. The unreachable bits don’t sound very easy to clean :(

Michael
Michael

You can take the mattress off and lift the base up and vacuum down the middle if you’re that concerned. I don’t think other than a bit of dust there’d be much to clean. Very happy with this bed.

schuppangus

schuppangusasked

Can you use a double bed on a queen bed frame without it slipping off all the time?

Koala S.Koala

We have designed our bed base in two sizes; Queen and King.

If you have space in your bedroom, you could definitely go for the Queen size base to use with your current double mattress.

The only difference would be that there would be extra room around the outside of the mattress edge and at the foot of the bed!
It depends if you like this look or not! I personally like the floating ledge feature and it can hold items as an alternative to having a bedside table for example.

Here are the dimensions of the Queen bed base AND the extra bed base space with a double mattress:

Queen bed base : 228cm length x 167cm width x 80cm height
Timber ledge width on the side: 14.5cm each side of mattress
Base space at foot of the bed: 25cm

Annie

Annieasked

I’m contemplating buying bedbase and mattress but concerned about comments re creaking base and mattress sliding. Have these issues been rectified at all.

Joy

Joyasked

Hi
Is this bed suitable for a pocket spring mattress. I bought zzz atelier.
Thank you.

Tegan

Yes, any mattress could go on top the base

Hi Joy,
Tegan is correct. Any mattress will work with our bed base :)

I Ch

I Chasked

hi - can the bed frame be used without the head board slotted in? cheers

Tegan

Yes, the bed head just slots in the base, it doesn’t effect the bed base

Hi there,
The headboard does need to be used.

Amy B.

Amy B.asked

Hi. We are loving our koala bed base, although it does tend to speak sometimes when I roll over or get out of bed which wakes my partner up. I'm putting it to our floor likely being uneven. Does anyone know if putting a rug underneath would help? It's the frame the squeaks not the floor though.

Tegan

I have carpet in my bedroom and it doesn’t make any noise

Anon
Anon

My room is carpeted and bed makes no noise.

TanPasked

I am interested in purchasing a Koala Bed base and I already have my own mattress that I want to place on there. I would love to know if over time people have found the squeaking of the beds to get worse and if the non-slip mats work.

Hi Tan,
The non-slip mats work well.
I have a Koala mattress and the bed base myself and haven't got the grips, it's just a matter of pushing the mattress back up tot he bed head once a week, I don't really see it as an issue personally, but I know some people do like to use the grips.
My bed base doesn't squeak, and this isn't a common problem at all, it can happen if your floor is uneven.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the responce!

You're welcome

Natania Z

Natania Zasked

What is the best drawer for the storage under the bed? Any suggestions?

Jay

None. I believe the base is designed to allow air flow so the mattress doesn’t go mouldy. Otherwise, you’ll want something narrow like 80cm wide, 50cm deep, 20cm tall so it can fit between the legs.

Bob

Bobasked

Hello is the headboard meant to wiggle a little? Mine does. Is it strong enough to lean on whilst sitting on the bed?

Hi Bob,
Yes it sure is

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives