Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 2 of 9)

Slide in the night

Absolutely love my koala bed!! So amazingly comfortable. It was easy to assemble and makes minimal noise. However, the only complaint is during intimate times the mattress slides significantly.
Also pillows are amazing! Request.... can you please please please can you make a boomerang pillow!!!

Purchased in November 2018.

Ease of Assembly
Hi Bridget, Thank you for leaving a review! I will definitely pass on the request for a boomerang pillow to our design team. If you'd like us to send out some free non-slip pads to put between your base and mattress, please feel free to send us an email and include your order number! support@koala.com

Love it .....but the creak

Absolutely love the design and look of this bed. Very easy to assemble as promised.
Sadly the bed does creak....which is not ideal when you have a baby sleeping in the same room :-(
Also find that our koala mattress (which is amazing!!) moves around quite a bit.
Overall love the bed...am just disappointed that the creak sometimes disturbs my recently settled baby.

Purchased in January 2019.

Ease of Assembly
Hi Laure, I'm sorry to hear the bed is making a creaking sound, this can be caused if the bed is on a floor that isn't level. If the creaking is happening every time you get into bed, please send us an email and let us know we may be able to offer some suggestions to isolate the cause of the creaking. In terms of the mattress moving, please feel free to email me with your order number if you would like some non-slip grip pads sent out to you? e.simmance@koala.com

Mattress moving is the only issue.

Hi koala we love your products. We are very happy with the newest addition of the bed base but are finding the same problem as others with the mattress moving are we able to get the non slip grips also

Purchased in December 2018 for $800.00.

Certainly! Please send me your order number, Karen. e.simmance@koala.com - Eve

Sleeping soundly!

I've had the base for a couple of weeks now and I'm very happy with it. I read a lot of the reviews before I purchased it and have to agree with some of the other comments made: That the mattress does slide around alot, but some of the kitchen drawer non slip stuff underneath has helped fix this. It's not as big as in the pictures on the website. The base area around the mattress isn't enough to hold/rest things, but it still looks good. Maybe this is as I have different mattress, Not a koala one. It's creaked alot at the start, but I changed some of the base pieces about, and now it's fine, also don't put it flush against a wall, it makes alot of noise and rubs the paint, I put some little felt stick things at the back so it won't rub. Things I like: I really like how low it is. How it looks like its floating. The minimalist design The light wood colour How easy it was to put together-just me! All cardboard packaging which was easy to recycle. (some plastic and bubble wrap but not too much like most things these days!) In all I highly recommend this bed base!

Purchased in January 2019.

An ingenious, simple bedbase

This is the best (Queen) bedbase: sturdy but relatively light, with clever, click-together assembly.
And it looks quite beautiful. However, I needed one person's help to get the pieces into place so be careful with saying everyone can put it together solo. Very glad an Australian company is making something innovative, worth the $800.

Purchased in February 2019 for $800.00.

Thoroughly enjoy it!

The bed creaks a little.
It was easy to assemble, can be done by one person.
Looks simplistic but modern

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thanks for your review, Aimee!

Absolutely love it!

Love the bed base, so easy to assemble. Could do with sealing the wood for protection and also a non-slip pad perhaps?

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Jodee! Thanks so much for your review. If you'd like some non-slip pads, we'd be happy to send them out to you, free of charge. Just send us a message, support@koala.com. The timber does have a light seal already to protect the surface and also maintain the real feel and look of the timber.Thank you! This changes my review to 5 stars!

Brilliant

Just received the bed base couple days ago. We absolutely love it. It took awhile assembling it than I expected. The instructions could be clearer. Or little numbered stickers on the planks would have been nice. It creaks a tiny bit but hardly noticeable now. I reckon it takes couple nights to set in. The design is so functional especially the storage space behind the headboard and around the mattress for phones/ remotes. No more knocking phones to the ground when I sleep. Gorgeous bed.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thanks very much for your feedback and suggestions, really helpful :) Glad to hear you love it!

Easy to buy. Easy to build. Easy to sleep.

Reviewing a bed base is pretty hard. It does the job of holding the mattress fantastically well, what can I say. Looks alright too.

Thanks, Kris!

Amazing, beautifully design!

The ingenious design of this bed base means assembly takes no time - its just a giant jigsaw puzzle and the instructions are easy to follow, no tools required. Unpacking the pieces takes far longer than assembling the bed itself.
The bed base looks beautiful when assembled. And again, the design is so smart - there are sneaky storage spaces underneath and behind the bed head, plus holes for cords.
Delivery was amazingly quick. The only, possible downside to this bed is the mattress can slip a little on the base when engaging in more vigorous activities than sleeping (which in my opinion ads to the fun). I highly recommend this bed base.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your bed base :) If you change your mind about the slipping action, just send us an email with your order number and we can send out some non-slip grip pads :)

The best bed base ever

I brought the bed base and mattress together and what a great service this small company has got going for its self I sleep like a dream, put together in amazing time and can’t fault it I highly recommend it to everyone I know

Thanks so much, Mark!

Fantastic! Really comfortable, easy to set up and great, quick service.

My teenage daughter assembled the bed herself. It was very quick and she was thrilled! She just loves the bed. No creaking or wobbling, no problems whatsoever!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Fantastic! Thanks for leaving a review.

Great 21st Present

Bought bed & matress combo for my son’s birthday... he loved it, assembled it in less than 20 minutes & says it is the best nights sleep he has had... loves the firm matress & is thinking of purchasing the sofa as well

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Great to hear, Donna! What a generous gift :)

Construction 24mins, love shelf behind headboard, supports mattress fantastically. Very pleased all

No creaking or movement around the room
Assembly very easy 24 minutes in totally. Easy to lift and maneuver by myself.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Thank you for leaving a review!

The perfect bed and pillow!

The koala bed is the best bed I have ever purchased. It is so solid, a lovely colour and completely simple to assemble. I really didn’t think it would be as easy to put together as the website said it would be and I was very happy to be proved wrong.
The pillow is also the best pillow I have ever purchased and now I want to buy them for the whole family.
Everything was delivered quickly and packaged well, with a cute little koala included that my youngest child claimed immediately. He now wants his own koala bed just like his older brother has.
Very happy and would highly recommend Koala products to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thank you so much, Jack! Great to hear you're enjoying the pillow and bed base. *P.S If you do end up recommending Koala to your friends/family, be sure to check out our referral programme so we can reward you if they purchase :) https://au.koala.com/mates

This product is amazing! It’s not just the product, the marketing, customer service and product is a

Easy to assemble - I live in a loft apartment and had to carry each item up a ladder. Only needed help with the mattress box and that was it!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Great stuff! Thanks for taking time to leave a review, Jess.

Comfort and Simplicity comes to mind.

No Noises at all. It is simple and very easy to assemble The large, well set out and clear instructions is easy to follow and simplifies the task.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for your review, Robert

Bed Base review "to disrupt and improve the mattress industry"

It does the job for a bed base, although there are some quirks. Whether they matter you is worth considering. It comes as a few boxes of light-weight, shiny, flat wood planks, jigsawed together to form a sturdy base. However: It does creak when you move on it. The mattress slides across if you casually jump into bed. The headboard is slightly wobbly and thin and you can't balance anything on it. The lip around the sides makes the mattress look small and you can't really - nor would you - want to balance anything on there. I paid around $880 for the bed base with a discount ($950 without) and I find that a bit pricey, especially for what you get. I've had it for a month, so I'm not sure if the wood is going to expand like chipboard does in humidity. Lastly, for a multimillion dollar company, requesting two separate reviews one on their website and a review on this website (hopefully they don't get commission for) was a tad unfair. But this one must meet their mission, quoting an email from founder and multimillionaire, [name removed]: "The main reason for my email is because we have some pretty ambitious goals for Koala and we need your help to disrupt and improve the mattress industry in Australia! One of those goals is to be the most reviewed and highest rated mattress." Well, as for the mattress I recommend stop making so much money off it and lower it's RRP to make it more accessible to people's budgets.

Love it. It’s Amzing

It creaks a little bit but I only assembled it yesterday so I think it just needs to settle in a little. It was easy to put together and the packing is high quality and recyclable.

Thanks! :)

You won’t regret it

I have the entire koala bed set up - mattress, base, sheets and pillows and I love every single item. The bed base has a slight creak as most bed frames do. It took 5 minutes to assemble and looks stylish. It’s a low sitting bed frame which I enjoy. I recommend koala products to all my friends and family.

Thank you Morgan!