Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 2 of 17)

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

• Doesn't creak

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Melodie

Melodie

The worst customer service I have ever experienced

Koala sell themselves as being quick to deliver items. I have been waiting over a week for my bed base and according to the tracking on my item it will probably be another week. This is despite an initial promise of 3 days. I only purchased this due to the speed of delivery as I was going to use it to style my home for sale. Their communication is appalling and when you call their number it goes straight to voicemail, but you can't leave a message. I have instigated 3 separate chats on their website to no avail. AVOID!!!!

Purchased in July 2020.

Katherine

KatherineCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love it

So fast and easy to assemble. Looks great and stylish in my room and after 10 years sleeping on a creaky bed its so quiet. Love my Koala Bed base

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$720.00.

Brett H.

Brett H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rock solid

Assembly took even less than the four minute guarantee. No creaks, no wobbles. Makes our old Ikea frame feel like it was made of matchsticks.
Even the mattress feels better! We are sleeping the best we ever have.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$650.00.

Jordan W.

Jordan W.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple, eco friendly and great design!

So easy to put together, great storage underneath, sturdy enough, great height. Love that it extends past the mattress. Would recommend this simple design and great company. The bed was delivered the next day!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$950.00.

Hey Jordan,
Thanks so much for the review, love reading that the reasons we designed the bed are actually practical and working for our customers!
Sweetest Dreams,
The Dream Team

Leanne

LeanneSydney, NSW

Best bed ever

Instructions were clear and easy to follow. Assemble time is quick and you can do it solo no problem. Base is sturdy and doesnt squeak or shift and looks nice with clean lines. Very comfortable too. Highly recommend this product and i should've bought one years ago

Purchased in July 2020 for A$680.00.

Linda DSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A beautiful bed in our newly renovated room.

This bed is so different to all the others I have been researching for months. We bought one for our son who is a big boy so weight tolerance was important. Tick one for Koala. We also have animals so we needed a water resistant bed. Tick two for Koala. Wanted a bed that was good value for money. Tick three for Koala. A bed that looks good. Tick four for Koala. Easy delivery, no large postage cost. Tick five for Koala. Easy to assemble. Tick six for Koala. Over all, the Koala bed ticked all our boxes and then some. Highly recommended product and an awesome company to deal with. Thank you Koala.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$800.00.

G'day Linda,
I love all the tick, tick, ticks! That certainly is a list and I'm so happy to read that we are able to tick them all off and provide a great experience for you!
Sweet Dreams,
The dream team!

Linda D

You're very welcome. The compliment well deserved. Forgot one comment (tick) though. My husband loves that he can put his extra pillow behind the bedhead at night instead of on the floor. : )

Stylishly natural

Assembly of the base was straightforward and quick without any hiccups; sturdy with nice clean lines with a beautiful finish. Definitely no movement or creaking and cannot ever foresee this occurring with its structural design.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$892.50.

G'day Brian,
So glad that it was a simple and painless job to assemble the bed base, we strive to try to make people's lives easier everyday, whether is assembling the bed base once or every time you have to move.
Sweet dreams,
The Dream Team.

KimK

KimKMid North Coast, NSW

Stylish Bed

This is the best bed base we have ever owned. So simple and beautiful in design and a pleasure to put together. We wish all our furniture was as easy to assemble as the Koala bed base. The bed base has renewed our old conventional mattress and we are sleeping better than ever! Thank you Koala!!!

Purchased in June 2020 for A$680.00.

Meg56

Meg56South-Eastern Region, NSW

A Clever Platform for a Good Nights Sleep

Assembling this bed was easy. The CNC routing made it so and the finish is superb. There is absolutely no creaking. This bed is solid as. Some of the joints required a LITTLE gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet due to high humidity at assembly time, but no real issue and very easy to do.

Purchased in July 2020.

Uma M.

Uma M.South East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful and quality bed base

We got the bed base late on the night we moved into our new apartment. We were exhausted and I definitely pushed for us just sleeping on the mattress on the floor and dealing with it the next day.
My partner overruled this, and I'm so glad he did because putting this base together took all of 20 minutes. it was more hassle taking the pieces out of the boxes.

The Koala Bed Base is easy to put together, well designed, looks fantastic and is so so sturdy. I absolutely love it, and am so glad we just went for it. We've been sleeping on it for about a month now and it's just perfect.

Purchased in June 2020 at koala for A$680.00.

Jay

JayVictoria

Best buy of 2020

Koala has revolutionised bed bases.

No more rickety slats, awkward head and footboards and no more Alan keys.
This bed is functional, easy to assemble, strong and looks great.

Thanks Koala..... can't wait to try your mattress next!

Purchased in July 2020 at On line for A$850.00.

Charles P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slick, Slippery and tricky?

Purchased in September 2019 for A$800.00.

Chris K.

Chris K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So comfy

Love my koala bed, pillows and mattress. Went and bought my kids new mattresses as well they are so comfortable. Kids love them too. Thinking about getting a mattress to take away with me to work (fifo)

Purchased in December 2019.

Isaac P.

Isaac P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes every other bed obsolete

Sleek and modern look. Unbelievably easy to assemble and pack away in only just minutes. Makes traditional bed assembly outdated and obsolete.
Structurally stronger and definitely has a lot less creaks ;)

Amanda

AmandaPerth, WA

All my dreams come true

Purchased in March 2020 for A$780.00.

Leah R.

Leah R.South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliantly Easy to put together

It was a joy to assemble the Koala bed base. And as renters I have to move every few years, and several other bed bases have died due to being disassembled and reassembled so often, but the Koala definitely won't have that problem!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,000.00.

Lloyd Jordan

Lloyd JordanAU

good solution

have assembled or rather watch while my daughter did as i am 70 and joints are not great but it looked simple but takes longer than 4 minutes to make

Purchased in March 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$680.00.

Casey M.

Casey M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love love love !

I am so in love with the natural timber bed base, the feel is smooth and it was super easy to put together ! My favourite part is storing your extra pillows snug behind the head of the bed !!! Very happy with my koala bed, will 100% be back for more koala products !

Purchased in March 2020 at Online store for A$1,650.00.

Debra A

Debra ASydney, NSW

Best Bed Ever

This bed arrived, was assembled and tried out less than 24 hours after I ordered it. So, not only a fantastic bed but fantastic service. Easy as anything to put together. And I especially appreciate the koala toy!
I'm a terrible sleeper so when I'm lying awake in the dead of night it's great to be doing so in such a lovely bed.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$800.00.

Bridget

Bridget

Best bed ever

Assembled by myself. It was relatively easy. Hardest part is getting the pieces out of the boxes. I like the hidden storage and holes for tech. Mattress is beautiful too. Highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2020.

Kelly R.

Kelly R.asked

I sleep more in the middle of my queen mattress. I don’t really want the base overhang of the Queen frame due to knocking shins etc on it so thinking of getting a double base as its smaller over all and the base supports seem to be more towards the centre. My mattress measurements will easily fit the double base but wanted to know if the structural integrity of the base would be compromised particularly when sitting on the edge of the bed (which I do a lot when getting ready in the mornings due to disability).

G'Day Kelly,

We're stoked the Koala Bed base has caught your eye and love your thinking outside the box here! We've taken the product team out for coffee, to get their top expertise on this one for you.

It shouldn't be an issue, but we wanted to confirm for you that a standard queen mattress is 1cm wider than our double bed base and around 7cm longer. You could remove the headboard so the mattress can slide back... but then there’s nothing locking the frame together so it’s probably not advisable. The overhang won't be a structural issue, but it comes down to your comfort and what you like :)

The Koala Dream Team

Mary H.asked

Our bed is now three months old but despite perseverance it is still creaking at every move and causing interrupted sleep and frustration. What can we do?

Ellen M
Ellen M

*The bed base is set up on a thick carpeted room
*all pieces are set up as instructed.
*try resetting/rearranging the pieces supporting the 3 flat base pieces to get a tighter fit
Hope suggestions help

Jenna S.

Jenna S.asked

I have hardwood floors in our bedroom and don’t want to put a rug down underneath the bed. Does the koala bed base have a rubber grip stop on the base to prevent marking the floor? I’m worried about the scratches that will be left on the floor as we are renting. Thanks.

P Kowal
P Kowal

As a precaution we used pieces of the cardboard packaging as a buffer between bed base and floorboards, all good.

Hi Jenna,

Our team has just had a good huddle to discuss ideas on this, plus we reached out to our product development team (the absolute experts!) to see what they recommend :) Now what did we find? There are a few good tips and tricks, but we would suggest using 'felt furniture pads' which we don't stock ourselves, but they are available at places like Bunnings Warehouse, Kmart, even Coles/Woolies often have them handy. This should make sure your floors are nicely protected :)

As a side note, thanks so much for reaching out! Our brains are whirring and we are thinking into what more we could do to give customers an even better Koala solution into the future...

If you have any more questions or there is anything else we can help you out with, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Care team on 1800 575 337 or email us at support@koala.com.

The Koala Dream Team

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5 year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.