Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 2 of 14)

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Meg56

Meg56South-Eastern Region, NSW

A Clever Platform for a Good Nights Sleep

Assembling this bed was easy. The CNC routing made it so and the finish is superb. There is absolutely no creaking. This bed is solid as. Some of the joints required a LITTLE gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet due to high humidity at assembly time, but no real issue and very easy to do.

Purchased in July 2020.

Uma M.

Uma M.South East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful and quality bed base

We got the bed base late on the night we moved into our new apartment. We were exhausted and I definitely pushed for us just sleeping on the mattress on the floor and dealing with it the next day.
My partner overruled this, and I'm so glad he did because putting this base together took all of 20 minutes. it was more hassle taking the pieces out of the boxes.

The Koala Bed Base is easy to put together, well designed, looks fantastic and is so so sturdy. I absolutely love it, and am so glad we just went for it. We've been sleeping on it for about a month now and it's just perfect.

Purchased in June 2020 at koala for $680.00.

John

JohnVictoria

Best buy of 2020

Koala has revolutionised bed bases.

No more rickety slats, awkward head and footboards and no more Alan keys.
This bed is functional, easy to assemble, strong and looks great.

Thanks Koala..... can't wait to try your mattress next!

Purchased in July 2020 at On line for $850.00.

Chris K.

Chris K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So comfy

Love my koala bed, pillows and mattress. Went and bought my kids new mattresses as well they are so comfortable. Kids love them too. Thinking about getting a mattress to take away with me to work (fifo)

Purchased in December 2019.

Isaac P.

Isaac P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes every other bed obsolete

Sleek and modern look. Unbelievably easy to assemble and pack away in only just minutes. Makes traditional bed assembly outdated and obsolete.
Structurally stronger and definitely has a lot less creaks ;)

Amanda

AmandaPerth, WA

All my dreams come true

Purchased in March 2020 for $780.00.

Leah R.

Leah R.South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliantly Easy to put together

It was a joy to assemble the Koala bed base. And as renters I have to move every few years, and several other bed bases have died due to being disassembled and reassembled so often, but the Koala definitely won't have that problem!

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,000.00.

Casey M.

Casey M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love love love !

I am so in love with the natural timber bed base, the feel is smooth and it was super easy to put together ! My favourite part is storing your extra pillows snug behind the head of the bed !!! Very happy with my koala bed, will 100% be back for more koala products !

Purchased in March 2020 at Online store for $1,650.00.

Debra A

Debra ASydney, NSW

Best Bed Ever

This bed arrived, was assembled and tried out less than 24 hours after I ordered it. So, not only a fantastic bed but fantastic service. Easy as anything to put together. And I especially appreciate the koala toy!
I'm a terrible sleeper so when I'm lying awake in the dead of night it's great to be doing so in such a lovely bed.

Purchased in March 2020 for $800.00.

Bridget

Bridget

Best bed ever

Assembled by myself. It was relatively easy. Hardest part is getting the pieces out of the boxes. I like the hidden storage and holes for tech. Mattress is beautiful too. Highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2020.

Jacinta P

Jacinta PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bed Base is great!

This base is so, so easy to put together! It's sturdy and strong, and everything just fits. Doesn't creek or wobble, and coupled with the Koala Mattress, it's the comfiest bed I have ever slept on. Thank you :)

Purchased in March 2020 at Koala Mattress for $1,750.00.

jacqbrown68

jacqbrown68South East Queensland, QLD

Love it - colour also brightens the room

Easy to assemble in just a few minutes, comfy to sleep on and even the dogs keep tryign to get up there to sleep, peaceful and quiet as you move,

Purchased in February 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for $680.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you and your dogs are enjoying it :)

Super fast!

Delivery is super fast, the base takes only 4 mins to put together.
The bed doesn’t creak and it is a nice neutral colour that works with most bedroom styles.
It is a low to the floor bed though, which suits me but may not suit others.

Purchased in February 2020.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback Rosie! :)

Brendan E.

Brendan E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exactly what I need, and wiring routing holes are awesome for chargers these days.

Very very easy to assemble, no tools at all, possible with one person, although two people would have it assembled in like 1 minute. Very quiet, very stable, very sturdy.

Purchased in January 2020 at Koala Living Showrooms for $600.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks Brendan! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Michelle H.

Michelle H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

So easy to assemble!!

I love the look of the bedbase. The clean lines and the timber are perfect for my bedrooom decor. I assembed it myself, but have not yet dis-assembled.
Teamed with the koala mattress, I now sleep so much better than I did on my old mattress.

Purchased in February 2020 for $800.00.

Easy As

Wow great base so easy to assemble all by myself and pull apart with no tools. Frame is solid and no creaks. Combined with Koala mattress I now sleep great

Purchased in December 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review!!!

Excellent!!!

Prices low
Ordering and delivery simple and stress free
Assembly easy
Looks fantastic
Wonderful design allows for books, cords etc to be hidden giving my apartment bedroom a fresh uncluttered feel.
Environmentally sound- check out the website

Purchased in January 2020 for $800.00.

Koala S.Koala

We are glad you love your bed base!!!

NPG

NPGSydney, NSW

Found what I was looking for

I have been looking for a light, yet strong bed for myself. I live on my own and wanted something easy to move but strong and firm for my back problems. Koala bed is indeed a great product, does not have any chemical smell, looks great, very earthy and was so easy to unpack and assemble it, I did it myself, a woman of 60 with back problems and stairs to deal with. One thing I would love this product to have is a little bit more height, apart from that and the creaking at the beginning, which settles very rapidly, it is a very well design bed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $680.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review, and we'll make sure to pass your suggestions along to the team!!

My Wife and i Love the Koala

Yes we are very happy with it.
No creaking or groaning- very easy to assemble the bed frame (No tools ) fabulous.
The Mattress is very comfortable and so much room on the King.
Love going to bed at night .
AND the price is very good . A good quality product.

Purchased at Online .

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review Allan!

Xavier

XavierPerth, WA

Excellent, easy to put together, sturdy

Got the mattress, loved it, and the bed base is just as good. It's sturdy, really easy to put together (literally 5 minutes, and not tools required!), and high quality. Cannot recommend it enough for people also buying the mattress.

Purchased in December 2019 for $800.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for the review Xavier, we're happy to hear you love it as much as we do!

May W.

May W.asked

Hi there, loved the idea of a bed base that does not require a screw and easy to set up. However, a week in and I realised I'm unable to lift the bed (+mattress) to vacuum the bottom of it, where else I can clean under any other bed frames easily without moving it around. As soon as we lift the frame it starts to come undone, are we trying to move it incorrectly? Please help as I'm not happy not being able to clean under that one section of the bed base. Thanks!

G'day May,

We're chuffed that you love the idea of the Koala Bed Base! Now let's make sure you love it as much as possible.

Our team have put their heads together and come up with some ideas : ) We want your bed to slot into your home and lifestyle, just as well as the pieces slot into place! From extendable dusters to fancy robot-vacuums, we'd love to chat more about your flooring and what options could work best for you?

Our brains have also already started ticking on future bed base design options, since you make a terrific point here!

We'd love to chat with you more and see what could work best for you, if you'd like to reach out to our Customer Care team on 1800 575 337 or support@koala.com. Then hopefully we can share back our hot tips for other customers too!

The Koala Dream Team

Kelly R.

Kelly R.asked

I sleep more in the middle of my queen mattress. I don’t really want the base overhang of the Queen frame due to knocking shins etc on it so thinking of getting a double base as its smaller over all and the base supports seem to be more towards the centre. My mattress measurements will easily fit the double base but wanted to know if the structural integrity of the base would be compromised particularly when sitting on the edge of the bed (which I do a lot when getting ready in the mornings due to disability).

G'Day Kelly,

We're stoked the Koala Bed base has caught your eye and love your thinking outside the box here! We've taken the product team out for coffee, to get their top expertise on this one for you.

It shouldn't be an issue, but we wanted to confirm for you that a standard queen mattress is 1cm wider than our double bed base and around 7cm longer. You could remove the headboard so the mattress can slide back... but then there’s nothing locking the frame together so it’s probably not advisable. The overhang won't be a structural issue, but it comes down to your comfort and what you like :)

The Koala Dream Team

Mary H.asked

Our bed is now three months old but despite perseverance it is still creaking at every move and causing interrupted sleep and frustration. What can we do?

Ellen M
Ellen M

*The bed base is set up on a thick carpeted room
*all pieces are set up as instructed.
*try resetting/rearranging the pieces supporting the 3 flat base pieces to get a tighter fit
Hope suggestions help

Mary H.

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5-year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.