Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 3 of 17)

• Ease of Assembly

Nice sturdy basic bed frame, the flat surface is perfect for the Koala mattress

Bed came the next day after ordering online. Was very easy to unpack and assemble. No tools needed. Bought it with the king Koala mattress and they pair up perfectly. There's a little squeek on the right side when I'm getting out of bed, but will probably go away once it settles.

jacqbrown68

jacqbrown68South East Queensland, QLD

Love it - colour also brightens the room

Easy to assemble in just a few minutes, comfy to sleep on and even the dogs keep tryign to get up there to sleep, peaceful and quiet as you move,

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you and your dogs are enjoying it :)

Super fast!

Delivery is super fast, the base takes only 4 mins to put together.
The bed doesn’t creak and it is a nice neutral colour that works with most bedroom styles.
It is a low to the floor bed though, which suits me but may not suit others.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback Rosie! :)

Brendan E.

Brendan E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exactly what I need, and wiring routing holes are awesome for chargers these days.

Very very easy to assemble, no tools at all, possible with one person, although two people would have it assembled in like 1 minute. Very quiet, very stable, very sturdy.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks Brendan! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Tung Dang

Tung DangSydney, NSW

I like the design of this bed base but it's not good quality

I purchased a Koala bundle: mattress and bed base. The mattress is very good and I have reviewed it as 5 stars in other review. But the bed base is not good for sleeping because it makes loud squeak sound when hoping in or out the bed or rolling our bodies. So I have to return the bed base and keep the mattress. I appreciate helpful support from Koala which makes returning the bed base smoothly.

Michelle H.

Michelle H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

So easy to assemble!!

I love the look of the bedbase. The clean lines and the timber are perfect for my bedrooom decor. I assembed it myself, but have not yet dis-assembled.
Teamed with the koala mattress, I now sleep so much better than I did on my old mattress.

Easy As

Wow great base so easy to assemble all by myself and pull apart with no tools. Frame is solid and no creaks. Combined with Koala mattress I now sleep great

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review!!!

Excellent!!!

Prices low
Ordering and delivery simple and stress free
Assembly easy
Looks fantastic
Wonderful design allows for books, cords etc to be hidden giving my apartment bedroom a fresh uncluttered feel.
Environmentally sound- check out the website

Koala S.Koala

We are glad you love your bed base!!!

NPG

NPGSydney, NSW

Found what I was looking for

I have been looking for a light, yet strong bed for myself. I live on my own and wanted something easy to move but strong and firm for my back problems. Koala bed is indeed a great product, does not have any chemical smell, looks great, very earthy and was so easy to unpack and assemble it, I did it myself, a woman of 60 with back problems and stairs to deal with. One thing I would love this product to have is a little bit more height, apart from that and the creaking at the beginning, which settles very rapidly, it is a very well design bed.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review, and we'll make sure to pass your suggestions along to the team!!

jbauer

jbauerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overpriced

Quite frankly I was surprised when I received this bed base. It's pretty ugly and in my opinion, extremely overpriced for how basic a finish it is. I don't get the hype, sorry...At $300 I would give this five stars.

Koala S.Koala

We are so sorry to hear the bed base doesn't meet you expectations! If you would like to email us at support@koala.com, we would love to help you out.

My Wife and i Love the Koala

Yes we are very happy with it.
No creaking or groaning- very easy to assemble the bed frame (No tools ) fabulous.
The Mattress is very comfortable and so much room on the King.
Love going to bed at night .
AND the price is very good . A good quality product.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review Allan!

Xavier

XavierPerth, WA

Excellent, easy to put together, sturdy

Got the mattress, loved it, and the bed base is just as good. It's sturdy, really easy to put together (literally 5 minutes, and not tools required!), and high quality. Cannot recommend it enough for people also buying the mattress.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for the review Xavier, we're happy to hear you love it as much as we do!

Top brand. Worth every cent.

A very chic bed for modern life, the Koala bed base is super easy to assemble (think giant lego) and is the right base for every kind of mattress and every situation. The Koala team are a joy to work with too.

Thanks for the review Charlotte :D

Item is awesome. Great height and easy to put together

To assemble it is so easy and only a short time to do it. Love it and hubby has said on lots of occasions what a great buy with the mattress and base .. mattress has reduced snoring too ... amazing

Koala S.Koala

Thanks so much Lou & Daz!

Emy Lu

Emy LuNortheast, VIC

Looks sleek! No creaks! Love my Koala!

The Koala bed is pure bed base genius. Super easy, fun set up (did the King solo). First nights sleep on the king Koala mattress was epic, magnificent for both myself & my husband. He said “...that was the best sleep I’ve had in my life, well done babe”. I’m stoke on our purchase too! Totally worth it. Thanks Koala!

Koala S.Koala

Great to hear you guys are enjoying it Emy!!

Caroline M

Caroline MSydney, NSW

Couldn’t be more perfect!

Unbelievably easy to put together, looks amazing & having the holes at the top of the bed to put cables through is so handy!
My old bed had a Koala mattress but on an IKEA frame with slats & it is without a doubt so much better on this bed base.
It looks so nice & so typical of Koala to make such a quality product.
Can’t recommend any more highly!

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the review Caroline!

Janet S.

Janet S.Western Australia

Love the Koala mattress and base. Sleeping so peacefully now!

Not a sound from the bed and I don’t feel a thing when there’s other movement on the bed. The base was so easy to assemble and took less than half hour. Such a comfortable bed and so glad we finally purchased one.

Koala S.Koala

Great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review

Caseyrae12

Caseyrae12Hobart, TAS

Highly recommended!

The bed base was very easy to assemble with simple visual instructions. We have had the product for a week and had no trouble with creaking or discomfort. A highly recommended bed base.

Koala S.Koala

This is awesome to hear !!!

Alison

Alison

This is so comfortable

Have been using the bed for just over a week and I must say I have had no backaches or sore legs. It wasn't to hard to put together it was harder moving the boxes they were heavy. No the bed base doesn't creak at all very and the bed is very comfortable.

Varunita

VarunitaSydney, NSW

Couldn't have asked for a better bed!

Have been using the bed for over 2 weeks now. It was so easy to put together! I think it took me longer to open the boxes..lol. bed base is very stable and no creaking at all.

Koala S.Koala

Woo thanks for leaving a review! :)

Kelly R.

Kelly R.asked

I sleep more in the middle of my queen mattress. I don’t really want the base overhang of the Queen frame due to knocking shins etc on it so thinking of getting a double base as its smaller over all and the base supports seem to be more towards the centre. My mattress measurements will easily fit the double base but wanted to know if the structural integrity of the base would be compromised particularly when sitting on the edge of the bed (which I do a lot when getting ready in the mornings due to disability).

G'Day Kelly,

We're stoked the Koala Bed base has caught your eye and love your thinking outside the box here! We've taken the product team out for coffee, to get their top expertise on this one for you.

It shouldn't be an issue, but we wanted to confirm for you that a standard queen mattress is 1cm wider than our double bed base and around 7cm longer. You could remove the headboard so the mattress can slide back... but then there’s nothing locking the frame together so it’s probably not advisable. The overhang won't be a structural issue, but it comes down to your comfort and what you like :)

The Koala Dream Team

Mary H.asked

Our bed is now three months old but despite perseverance it is still creaking at every move and causing interrupted sleep and frustration. What can we do?

Ellen M
Ellen M

*The bed base is set up on a thick carpeted room
*all pieces are set up as instructed.
*try resetting/rearranging the pieces supporting the 3 flat base pieces to get a tighter fit
Hope suggestions help

Jenna S.

Jenna S.asked

I have hardwood floors in our bedroom and don’t want to put a rug down underneath the bed. Does the koala bed base have a rubber grip stop on the base to prevent marking the floor? I’m worried about the scratches that will be left on the floor as we are renting. Thanks.

P Kowal
P Kowal

As a precaution we used pieces of the cardboard packaging as a buffer between bed base and floorboards, all good.

Hi Jenna,

Our team has just had a good huddle to discuss ideas on this, plus we reached out to our product development team (the absolute experts!) to see what they recommend :) Now what did we find? There are a few good tips and tricks, but we would suggest using 'felt furniture pads' which we don't stock ourselves, but they are available at places like Bunnings Warehouse, Kmart, even Coles/Woolies often have them handy. This should make sure your floors are nicely protected :)

As a side note, thanks so much for reaching out! Our brains are whirring and we are thinking into what more we could do to give customers an even better Koala solution into the future...

If you have any more questions or there is anything else we can help you out with, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Care team on 1800 575 337 or email us at support@koala.com.

The Koala Dream Team

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives