Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 3 of 23)

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Jordan W.
Jordan W.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple, eco friendly and great design!

So easy to put together, great storage underneath, sturdy enough, great height. Love that it extends past the mattress. Would recommend this simple design and great company. The bed was delivered the next day!

Hey Jordan,
Thanks so much for the review, love reading that the reasons we designed the bed are actually practical and working for our customers!
Sweetest Dreams,
The Dream Team

Leanne
LeanneSydney, NSW

Best bed ever

Instructions were clear and easy to follow. Assemble time is quick and you can do it solo no problem. Base is sturdy and doesnt squeak or shift and looks nice with clean lines. Very comfortable too. Highly recommend this product and i should've bought one years ago

Linda DSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A beautiful bed in our newly renovated room.

This bed is so different to all the others I have been researching for months. We bought one for our son who is a big boy so weight tolerance was important. Tick one for Koala. We also have animals so we needed a water resistant bed. Tick two for Koala. Wanted a bed that was good value for money. Tick three for Koala. A bed that looks good. Tick four for Koala. Easy delivery, no large postage cost. Tick five for Koala. Easy to assemble. Tick six for Koala. Over all, the Koala bed ticked all our boxes and then some. Highly recommended product and an awesome company to deal with. Thank you Koala.

G'day Linda,
I love all the tick, tick, ticks! That certainly is a list and I'm so happy to read that we are able to tick them all off and provide a great experience for you!
Sweet Dreams,
The dream team!

Linda D

You're very welcome. The compliment well deserved. Forgot one comment (tick) though. My husband loves that he can put his extra pillow behind the bedhead at night instead of on the floor. : )

Stylishly natural

Assembly of the base was straightforward and quick without any hiccups; sturdy with nice clean lines with a beautiful finish. Definitely no movement or creaking and cannot ever foresee this occurring with its structural design.

G'day Brian,
So glad that it was a simple and painless job to assemble the bed base, we strive to try to make people's lives easier everyday, whether is assembling the bed base once or every time you have to move.
Sweet dreams,
The Dream Team.

KimK
KimKMid North Coast, NSW

Stylish Bed

This is the best bed base we have ever owned. So simple and beautiful in design and a pleasure to put together. We wish all our furniture was as easy to assemble as the Koala bed base. The bed base has renewed our old conventional mattress and we are sleeping better than ever! Thank you Koala!!!

Meg56
Meg56South-Eastern Region, NSW

A Clever Platform for a Good Nights Sleep

Assembling this bed was easy. The CNC routing made it so and the finish is superb. There is absolutely no creaking. This bed is solid as. Some of the joints required a LITTLE gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet due to high humidity at assembly time, but no real issue and very easy to do.

Uma M.
Uma M.South East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful and quality bed base

We got the bed base late on the night we moved into our new apartment. We were exhausted and I definitely pushed for us just sleeping on the mattress on the floor and dealing with it the next day.
My partner overruled this, and I'm so glad he did because putting this base together took all of 20 minutes. it was more hassle taking the pieces out of the boxes.

The Koala Bed Base is easy to put together, well designed, looks fantastic and is so so sturdy. I absolutely love it, and am so glad we just went for it. We've been sleeping on it for about a month now and it's just perfect.

John
JohnVictoria

Best buy of 2020

Koala has revolutionised bed bases.

No more rickety slats, awkward head and footboards and no more Alan keys.
This bed is functional, easy to assemble, strong and looks great.

Thanks Koala..... can't wait to try your mattress next!

Charles P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slick, Slippery and tricky?

Chris K.
Chris K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So comfy

Love my koala bed, pillows and mattress. Went and bought my kids new mattresses as well they are so comfortable. Kids love them too. Thinking about getting a mattress to take away with me to work (fifo)

Isaac P.
Isaac P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes every other bed obsolete

Sleek and modern look. Unbelievably easy to assemble and pack away in only just minutes. Makes traditional bed assembly outdated and obsolete.
Structurally stronger and definitely has a lot less creaks ;)

Amanda
AmandaPerth, WA

All my dreams come true

Leah R.
Leah R.South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliantly Easy to put together

It was a joy to assemble the Koala bed base. And as renters I have to move every few years, and several other bed bases have died due to being disassembled and reassembled so often, but the Koala definitely won't have that problem!

Lloyd Jordan
Lloyd JordanAU

good solution

have assembled or rather watch while my daughter did as i am 70 and joints are not great but it looked simple but takes longer than 4 minutes to make

Casey M.
Casey M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love love love !

I am so in love with the natural timber bed base, the feel is smooth and it was super easy to put together ! My favourite part is storing your extra pillows snug behind the head of the bed !!! Very happy with my koala bed, will 100% be back for more koala products !

Haah103asked

We currently have a queen sized Koala base with a queen mattress and want to upgrade to a king mattress. Has anyone used a king mattress on the queen base? It looks as though there may be a couple of cm’s overhang but we don’t mind the idea ... Just want to know if it will work before we buy the mattress?

G’day Haah103,

Great question, thanks so much for sharing this!

While our bases are a bit wider than the mattress, the king mattress might be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit on to a queen base! The king mattress is 183cm in width and 203cm in length, and the queen base is 167cm wide and 228cm in length. The area of the base where the mattress sits is 202cm in length, so it might just fit length ways, but will hang over on the sides and that won’t give you the perfectly comfy sleep we want you to have!

You can see more about the dimensions of the base here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-timber-bed-base and the mattress here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-mattress

We’re here to help so if you have any other questions please let us know, or give us a call on 1800 575 337 or send us an email at support@koala.com if you’d like to chat through this further :)

Haah103

Thank you so much for your quick and thorough response!!
We might need to consider buying another base as well then. Thank you again

May W.
May W.asked

Hi there, loved the idea of a bed base that does not require a screw and easy to set up. However, a week in and I realised I'm unable to lift the bed (+mattress) to vacuum the bottom of it, where else I can clean under any other bed frames easily without moving it around. As soon as we lift the frame it starts to come undone, are we trying to move it incorrectly? Please help as I'm not happy not being able to clean under that one section of the bed base. Thanks!

G'day May,

We're chuffed that you love the idea of the Koala Bed Base! Now let's make sure you love it as much as possible.

Our team have put their heads together and come up with some ideas : ) We want your bed to slot into your home and lifestyle, just as well as the pieces slot into place! From extendable dusters to fancy robot-vacuums, we'd love to chat more about your flooring and what options could work best for you?

Our brains have also already started ticking on future bed base design options, since you make a terrific point here!

We'd love to chat with you more and see what could work best for you, if you'd like to reach out to our Customer Care team on 1800 575 337 or support@koala.com. Then hopefully we can share back our hot tips for other customers too!

Kelly R.
Kelly R.asked

I sleep more in the middle of my queen mattress. I don’t really want the base overhang of the Queen frame due to knocking shins etc on it so thinking of getting a double base as its smaller over all and the base supports seem to be more towards the centre. My mattress measurements will easily fit the double base but wanted to know if the structural integrity of the base would be compromised particularly when sitting on the edge of the bed (which I do a lot when getting ready in the mornings due to disability).

G'Day Kelly,

We're stoked the Koala Bed base has caught your eye and love your thinking outside the box here! We've taken the product team out for coffee, to get their top expertise on this one for you.

It shouldn't be an issue, but we wanted to confirm for you that a standard queen mattress is 1cm wider than our double bed base and around 7cm longer. You could remove the headboard so the mattress can slide back... but then there’s nothing locking the frame together so it’s probably not advisable. The overhang won't be a structural issue, but it comes down to your comfort and what you like :)

Helen M.
Helen M.

I have a queen size koala bed base which is good but I do find it very low to the ground. I also have the mattress which I like. Do you have any suggestions that can make the bed higher

G’day Helen,

Great question, thanks for asking! We’ve had a chat with our bed base experts here at Koala HQ to get you all the info you need.

The Koala Timber Bed Base was designed low with the perfect height in mind to make it easy to fall into bed after a long day. Your safety and comfort are the most important things to us, so we don’t have any recommendations on how to safely make it a little higher - we want to make sure you’re sleeping safely and soundly.

Our brand new Paddington Bed Base sits a little higher off the ground at 31.4cm (the timber base sits at 25.2cm), so maybe have a peek and see which one you prefer? You can peep it here: https://au.koala.com/products/paddington-bed-base

If you have any other questions or would like to chat through this further we’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or pop over an email to support@koala.com - we’re here to help, always!

See all Koala Timber Bed Base questions

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5-year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.

Emma Original MattressAd