Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 4 of 23)

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Debra A
Debra ASydney, NSW

Best Bed Ever

This bed arrived, was assembled and tried out less than 24 hours after I ordered it. So, not only a fantastic bed but fantastic service. Easy as anything to put together. And I especially appreciate the koala toy!
I'm a terrible sleeper so when I'm lying awake in the dead of night it's great to be doing so in such a lovely bed.

Bridget
Bridget

Best bed ever

Assembled by myself. It was relatively easy. Hardest part is getting the pieces out of the boxes. I like the hidden storage and holes for tech. Mattress is beautiful too. Highly recommend.

Jacinta P
Jacinta PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bed Base is great!

This base is so, so easy to put together! It's sturdy and strong, and everything just fits. Doesn't creek or wobble, and coupled with the Koala Mattress, it's the comfiest bed I have ever slept on. Thank you :)

Find out how Koala Timber Bed Base compares to other Beds

Nice sturdy basic bed frame, the flat surface is perfect for the Koala mattress

Bed came the next day after ordering online. Was very easy to unpack and assemble. No tools needed. Bought it with the king Koala mattress and they pair up perfectly. There's a little squeek on the right side when I'm getting out of bed, but will probably go away once it settles.

jacqbrown68
jacqbrown68South East Queensland, QLD

Love it - colour also brightens the room

Easy to assemble in just a few minutes, comfy to sleep on and even the dogs keep tryign to get up there to sleep, peaceful and quiet as you move,

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you and your dogs are enjoying it :)

Super fast!

Delivery is super fast, the base takes only 4 mins to put together.
The bed doesn’t creak and it is a nice neutral colour that works with most bedroom styles.
It is a low to the floor bed though, which suits me but may not suit others.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback Rosie! :)

Brendan E.
Brendan E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exactly what I need, and wiring routing holes are awesome for chargers these days.

Very very easy to assemble, no tools at all, possible with one person, although two people would have it assembled in like 1 minute. Very quiet, very stable, very sturdy.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks Brendan! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Tung Dang
Tung DangSydney, NSW

I like the design of this bed base but it's not good quality

I purchased a Koala bundle: mattress and bed base. The mattress is very good and I have reviewed it as 5 stars in other review. But the bed base is not good for sleeping because it makes loud squeak sound when hoping in or out the bed or rolling our bodies. So I have to return the bed base and keep the mattress. I appreciate helpful support from Koala which makes returning the bed base smoothly.

Michelle H.
Michelle H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

So easy to assemble!!

I love the look of the bedbase. The clean lines and the timber are perfect for my bedrooom decor. I assembed it myself, but have not yet dis-assembled.
Teamed with the koala mattress, I now sleep so much better than I did on my old mattress.

Easy As

Wow great base so easy to assemble all by myself and pull apart with no tools. Frame is solid and no creaks. Combined with Koala mattress I now sleep great

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review!!!

Excellent!!!

Prices low
Ordering and delivery simple and stress free
Assembly easy
Looks fantastic
Wonderful design allows for books, cords etc to be hidden giving my apartment bedroom a fresh uncluttered feel.
Environmentally sound- check out the website

Koala S.Koala

We are glad you love your bed base!!!

NPG
NPGSydney, NSW

Found what I was looking for

I have been looking for a light, yet strong bed for myself. I live on my own and wanted something easy to move but strong and firm for my back problems. Koala bed is indeed a great product, does not have any chemical smell, looks great, very earthy and was so easy to unpack and assemble it, I did it myself, a woman of 60 with back problems and stairs to deal with. One thing I would love this product to have is a little bit more height, apart from that and the creaking at the beginning, which settles very rapidly, it is a very well design bed.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review, and we'll make sure to pass your suggestions along to the team!!

jbauer
jbauerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overpriced

Quite frankly I was surprised when I received this bed base. It's pretty ugly and in my opinion, extremely overpriced for how basic a finish it is. I don't get the hype, sorry...At $300 I would give this five stars.

Koala S.Koala

We are so sorry to hear the bed base doesn't meet you expectations! If you would like to email us at support@koala.com, we would love to help you out.

My Wife and i Love the Koala

Yes we are very happy with it.
No creaking or groaning- very easy to assemble the bed frame (No tools ) fabulous.
The Mattress is very comfortable and so much room on the King.
Love going to bed at night .
AND the price is very good . A good quality product.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review Allan!

Xavier
XavierPerth, WA

Excellent, easy to put together, sturdy

Got the mattress, loved it, and the bed base is just as good. It's sturdy, really easy to put together (literally 5 minutes, and not tools required!), and high quality. Cannot recommend it enough for people also buying the mattress.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for the review Xavier, we're happy to hear you love it as much as we do!

Haah103asked

We currently have a queen sized Koala base with a queen mattress and want to upgrade to a king mattress. Has anyone used a king mattress on the queen base? It looks as though there may be a couple of cm’s overhang but we don’t mind the idea ... Just want to know if it will work before we buy the mattress?

G’day Haah103,

Great question, thanks so much for sharing this!

While our bases are a bit wider than the mattress, the king mattress might be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit on to a queen base! The king mattress is 183cm in width and 203cm in length, and the queen base is 167cm wide and 228cm in length. The area of the base where the mattress sits is 202cm in length, so it might just fit length ways, but will hang over on the sides and that won’t give you the perfectly comfy sleep we want you to have!

You can see more about the dimensions of the base here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-timber-bed-base and the mattress here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-mattress

We’re here to help so if you have any other questions please let us know, or give us a call on 1800 575 337 or send us an email at support@koala.com if you’d like to chat through this further :)

Haah103

Thank you so much for your quick and thorough response!!
We might need to consider buying another base as well then. Thank you again

May W.
May W.asked

Hi there, loved the idea of a bed base that does not require a screw and easy to set up. However, a week in and I realised I'm unable to lift the bed (+mattress) to vacuum the bottom of it, where else I can clean under any other bed frames easily without moving it around. As soon as we lift the frame it starts to come undone, are we trying to move it incorrectly? Please help as I'm not happy not being able to clean under that one section of the bed base. Thanks!

G'day May,

We're chuffed that you love the idea of the Koala Bed Base! Now let's make sure you love it as much as possible.

Our team have put their heads together and come up with some ideas : ) We want your bed to slot into your home and lifestyle, just as well as the pieces slot into place! From extendable dusters to fancy robot-vacuums, we'd love to chat more about your flooring and what options could work best for you?

Our brains have also already started ticking on future bed base design options, since you make a terrific point here!

We'd love to chat with you more and see what could work best for you, if you'd like to reach out to our Customer Care team on 1800 575 337 or support@koala.com. Then hopefully we can share back our hot tips for other customers too!

Kelly R.
Kelly R.asked

I sleep more in the middle of my queen mattress. I don’t really want the base overhang of the Queen frame due to knocking shins etc on it so thinking of getting a double base as its smaller over all and the base supports seem to be more towards the centre. My mattress measurements will easily fit the double base but wanted to know if the structural integrity of the base would be compromised particularly when sitting on the edge of the bed (which I do a lot when getting ready in the mornings due to disability).

G'Day Kelly,

We're stoked the Koala Bed base has caught your eye and love your thinking outside the box here! We've taken the product team out for coffee, to get their top expertise on this one for you.

It shouldn't be an issue, but we wanted to confirm for you that a standard queen mattress is 1cm wider than our double bed base and around 7cm longer. You could remove the headboard so the mattress can slide back... but then there’s nothing locking the frame together so it’s probably not advisable. The overhang won't be a structural issue, but it comes down to your comfort and what you like :)

Helen M.
Helen M.

I have a queen size koala bed base which is good but I do find it very low to the ground. I also have the mattress which I like. Do you have any suggestions that can make the bed higher

G’day Helen,

Great question, thanks for asking! We’ve had a chat with our bed base experts here at Koala HQ to get you all the info you need.

The Koala Timber Bed Base was designed low with the perfect height in mind to make it easy to fall into bed after a long day. Your safety and comfort are the most important things to us, so we don’t have any recommendations on how to safely make it a little higher - we want to make sure you’re sleeping safely and soundly.

Our brand new Paddington Bed Base sits a little higher off the ground at 31.4cm (the timber base sits at 25.2cm), so maybe have a peek and see which one you prefer? You can peep it here: https://au.koala.com/products/paddington-bed-base

If you have any other questions or would like to chat through this further we’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or pop over an email to support@koala.com - we’re here to help, always!

See all Koala Timber Bed Base questions

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5-year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.

Emma Original MattressAd