Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base

Mel

MelPerth, WA

Good but not what I expected

I like the design and it was easy to put together. The packages are very heavy so you really need two people, but once you unpack it one person can manage to put it together. The only thing I was disappointed about was the colour, it's not natural wood looking, the plywood is very pinkish/red in colour and doesn't match with other decore.

Purchased in October 2019 at online for $800.00.

Love the bed base!

The bed base stays put! It does not move, creak or go bump in the night.
Was so easy to put together and I always put the extra pillows behind the headboard.
Still a lot of space underneath too for storage and slippers.
Best of all - loved the instructions that came with the packaging!

Purchased in September 2019.

Koala S.Koala

We love the instructions too Shell !

Marcel G.

Marcel G.Sydney, NSW

Renter's Paradise for a price

Easy assembly, and you can use the space between the slats for storage. This bed will hands down be the easiest thing to move when my lease is up. Honestly it's amazing. It's a bit lower than most beds out there so keep that in mind when you're making your decision. A few people I know are put off by the height but I think it's perfect for rolling out of bed in the morning.

You're paying for that convenience however, there are definitely cheaper bedframes out there with more features and styling options. How much are you willing to pay for something that's convenient to move and set up once or twice (hopefully)? That's up to you.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Victor

VictorSydney, NSW

Creaking every time I get into bed

I just received yesterday morning and it was easy to assemble, I reckon it took 20 minutes by myself (somewhere in the marketing/site says you can assemble in 5 minutes, not sure if it's possible though).

I already had the Koala mattres and both together makes my sleep really good.
Buuut... The bed base does creak, and is happening every time I get into bed.

In fact, i'm writing this review on the bed and when I make any movement not so smooth, it creaks :(

I really liked, the only thing is that for the price I wouldn't expect any noise at all

Purchased in February 2019 for $800.00.

Slide in the night

Absolutely love my koala bed!! So amazingly comfortable. It was easy to assemble and makes minimal noise. However, the only complaint is during intimate times the mattress slides significantly.
Also pillows are amazing! Request.... can you please please please can you make a boomerang pillow!!!

Purchased in November 2018.

Love it .....but the creak

Absolutely love the design and look of this bed. Very easy to assemble as promised.
Sadly the bed does creak....which is not ideal when you have a baby sleeping in the same room :-(
Also find that our koala mattress (which is amazing!!) moves around quite a bit.
Overall love the bed...am just disappointed that the creak sometimes disturbs my recently settled baby.

Purchased in January 2019.

Thoroughly enjoy it!

The bed creaks a little.
It was easy to assemble, can be done by one person.
Looks simplistic but modern

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your review, Aimee!

Absolutely love it!

Love the bed base, so easy to assemble. Could do with sealing the wood for protection and also a non-slip pad perhaps?

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Jodee
Jodee

Thank you! This changes my review to 5 stars!

Limeanna

LimeannaPerth, WA

Excellent bed for two storey home

The bed base is assembled easily and is a great price given comparable bed bases in stores. Fabulous because it comes in sections to carry up stairs. Quick delivery and no fuss purchase.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for your review!

Very happy

Very easy to put together, doesnt make a noise when i sleep on it. Love the look, the only down side is when i first got it a banged my shins a couple of times. Now im used to it, love this bed!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Thanks, Skye!

Dave F

Dave FMelbourne

Good quality

Very sturdy and easy to assemble. Exposed edges can lead to sore shins if your not careful. Some lateral mattress movement as its a smooth surface. A little on the expensive side in comparison to options from furniture stores.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Dave!

Great product

The bed is comfortable does not creak.
However not a big problem at all but the Koala Mattress we bought to go on the bed does slip a little on the base.
I would recommend this bed base. Very easy to put together and take down again.

Hi Sian,
Thanks for your review. Hope you got my message regarding the slipping-
Eve @ Koala

Mackenzie

Mackenzie

good value, looks good, easy assembly

It looks great and I put it together in about 5 mins with just me - easy peasy lemon squeezy. Doesn’t make a sound st all, like the height and plenty of store under it as well. The only downside is that the mattress moves a little, because there is nothing holding it in place, it just sits on top. If they could solve that problem then I would rate it excellent. No regrets, wouldn’t buy anything else - highly recommend :)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Hi Mackenzie!
Thank you fir your review.
We sent you a private message regarding the movement and would be happy to send ou some non-slip pads for the mattress and base.
Thanks!

LHD

LHDWollongong

Great quality except bed head

Easy to put together, looks great, good value. Only picky downside is that bed head seems like it might not withstand a lot of weight if leaning on it. Otherwise really good! I would say 4.5 stars but it wasn’t an option.

Hi LHD!
Thank you for your review!

Kab

KabSydney

Great bed base

Does not creek
Quite easy to assemble. Basically 4 minutes and is very sturdy so check.

Definitely worth the money and space behind headboard is very useful too.

I would recommend the bed base to everyone.

Thanks, Kab!

Fantastic product

This bed was purchased for the guest bedroom. The bed and base were easy to order and the delivery was as requested with further communication re delivery time. The bed was assembled within 5 minutes. Guests have advised the bed is very comfortable and feels sturdy. It also looks good in the room. Thank you Koala, I would recommend the product.

Haiisbdbf

Haiisbdbf

So easy to assemble and for the most part a great, modern design

Easy assembly, haven’t dissembles yet. Bed doesn’t creak. Smart, simple design. I love it ! My only criticism is that there is nothing to keep the mattress in place so I does slide around sometimes

Sleeping like a baby

Mattress is firm and comfortabke and base is funky and practical. Super quick and easy purchase and delivery. Reasonable price. Highly recommended to purchase one of these great mattresses. Tick.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good solid and quiet

Very happy with the bed and base, it's solid and comfortable, love that it's environmentally conscientious and an Aussie company that's worked hard to produce an excellent product. Definitely would recommend above the other beds from bedding stores I have purchased in the past .

Date PurchasedJun 2018