Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base

• Ease of Assembly

Lloyd JordanAU

good solution

have assembled or rather watch while my daughter did as i am 70 and joints are not great but it looked simple but takes longer than 4 minutes to make

Purchased in March 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$680.00.

KoalaKoala

Nice sturdy basic bed frame, the flat surface is perfect for the Koala mattress

Bed came the next day after ordering online. Was very easy to unpack and assemble. No tools needed. Bought it with the king Koala mattress and they pair up perfectly. There's a little squeek on the right side when I'm getting out of bed, but will probably go away once it settles.

Purchased in December 2019.

KoalaKoala

This is super easy to set up

It assembles in literally 4 min and no tools required. It creaks a little every time you get in/ out of bed. Apart from that it is awesome. The sleep quality imrpoved a lot.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$1,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Hey thanks so much for taking the time to share the feedback with us Kay!

Find out how Koala Timber Bed Base compares to other Beds

This is incredible and easy to put together!

The creaks a little when I get out of the bed and assemble it was easy and you dont need any tools to assemble it but you need your hands though.

Purchased in November 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you Antonia for the feedback and please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@koala.com if you need assistance :-)

Mel

MelPerth, WA

Good but not what I expected

I like the design and it was easy to put together. The packages are very heavy so you really need two people, but once you unpack it one person can manage to put it together. The only thing I was disappointed about was the colour, it's not natural wood looking, the plywood is very pinkish/red in colour and doesn't match with other decore.

Purchased in October 2019 at online for A$800.00.

Love the bed base!

The bed base stays put! It does not move, creak or go bump in the night.
Was so easy to put together and I always put the extra pillows behind the headboard.
Still a lot of space underneath too for storage and slippers.
Best of all - loved the instructions that came with the packaging!

Purchased in September 2019.

Koala S.Koala

We love the instructions too Shell !

Marcel G.

Marcel G.Sydney, NSW

Renter's Paradise for a price

Easy assembly, and you can use the space between the slats for storage. This bed will hands down be the easiest thing to move when my lease is up. Honestly it's amazing. It's a bit lower than most beds out there so keep that in mind when you're making your decision. A few people I know are put off by the height but I think it's perfect for rolling out of bed in the morning.

You're paying for that convenience however, there are definitely cheaper bedframes out there with more features and styling options. How much are you willing to pay for something that's convenient to move and set up once or twice (hopefully)? That's up to you.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$800.00.

Victor

VictorSydney, NSW

Creaking every time I get into bed

I just received yesterday morning and it was easy to assemble, I reckon it took 20 minutes by myself (somewhere in the marketing/site says you can assemble in 5 minutes, not sure if it's possible though).

I already had the Koala mattres and both together makes my sleep really good.
Buuut... The bed base does creak, and is happening every time I get into bed.

In fact, i'm writing this review on the bed and when I make any movement not so smooth, it creaks :(

I really liked, the only thing is that for the price I wouldn't expect any noise at all

Purchased in February 2019 for A$800.00.

Slide in the night

Absolutely love my koala bed!! So amazingly comfortable. It was easy to assemble and makes minimal noise. However, the only complaint is during intimate times the mattress slides significantly.
Also pillows are amazing! Request.... can you please please please can you make a boomerang pillow!!!

Purchased in November 2018.

Love it .....but the creak

Absolutely love the design and look of this bed. Very easy to assemble as promised.
Sadly the bed does creak....which is not ideal when you have a baby sleeping in the same room :-(
Also find that our koala mattress (which is amazing!!) moves around quite a bit.
Overall love the bed...am just disappointed that the creak sometimes disturbs my recently settled baby.

Purchased in January 2019.

Thoroughly enjoy it!

The bed creaks a little.
It was easy to assemble, can be done by one person.
Looks simplistic but modern

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your review, Aimee!

Absolutely love it!

Love the bed base, so easy to assemble. Could do with sealing the wood for protection and also a non-slip pad perhaps?

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Jodee
Jodee

Thank you! This changes my review to 5 stars!

Limeanna

LimeannaPerth, WA

Excellent bed for two storey home

The bed base is assembled easily and is a great price given comparable bed bases in stores. Fabulous because it comes in sections to carry up stairs. Quick delivery and no fuss purchase.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for your review!

Very happy

Very easy to put together, doesnt make a noise when i sleep on it. Love the look, the only down side is when i first got it a banged my shins a couple of times. Now im used to it, love this bed!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Thanks, Skye!

Dave F

Dave FMelbourne

Good quality

Very sturdy and easy to assemble. Exposed edges can lead to sore shins if your not careful. Some lateral mattress movement as its a smooth surface. A little on the expensive side in comparison to options from furniture stores.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Dave!

Great product

The bed is comfortable does not creak.
However not a big problem at all but the Koala Mattress we bought to go on the bed does slip a little on the base.
I would recommend this bed base. Very easy to put together and take down again.

Hi Sian,
Thanks for your review. Hope you got my message regarding the slipping-
Eve @ Koala

Mackenzie

Mackenzie

good value, looks good, easy assembly

It looks great and I put it together in about 5 mins with just me - easy peasy lemon squeezy. Doesn’t make a sound st all, like the height and plenty of store under it as well. The only downside is that the mattress moves a little, because there is nothing holding it in place, it just sits on top. If they could solve that problem then I would rate it excellent. No regrets, wouldn’t buy anything else - highly recommend :)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Hi Mackenzie!
Thank you fir your review.
We sent you a private message regarding the movement and would be happy to send ou some non-slip pads for the mattress and base.
Thanks!

LHD

LHDWollongong

Great quality except bed head

Easy to put together, looks great, good value. Only picky downside is that bed head seems like it might not withstand a lot of weight if leaning on it. Otherwise really good! I would say 4.5 stars but it wasn’t an option.

Hi LHD!
Thank you for your review!

Kab

KabSydney

Great bed base

Does not creek
Quite easy to assemble. Basically 4 minutes and is very sturdy so check.

Definitely worth the money and space behind headboard is very useful too.

I would recommend the bed base to everyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Thanks, Kab!

Fantastic product

This bed was purchased for the guest bedroom. The bed and base were easy to order and the delivery was as requested with further communication re delivery time. The bed was assembled within 5 minutes. Guests have advised the bed is very comfortable and feels sturdy. It also looks good in the room. Thank you Koala, I would recommend the product.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Bekasked

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to stain the bed base to a darker wood tone? I love my bed base and the support it gives but it doesn't match my bedroom furniture or aesthetic.

Meg56
Meg56

Hi Bek, The bed is made from high quality plywood and, as far as I know you could stain any colour you like. But best ask Koala. Meg.

Hi Bek,
We don't recommend re-staining the bed base as it has a veneer with a water based lacquer on it, this would need to be sanded back for any new stain to stick. It would also void the warranty on the bed.

Bek

Thank you for getting back to me! - Its such a shame it doesn't come in a darker colour or higher from the ground as this has been such a great bed for my back. Great product, can't wait to see more designs and furnishings when they come out.

Hammoasked

I recently purchased the koala mattress along with the bed base and was wondering if you had any tips on the mattress from slipping around? Are there any matching timber supports for the end of the bed to slot in to stop the movement of my mattress? Loving the whole ensemble by the way. Haven’t slept so well for years!

Amanda

I have a different mattress, an inner-sprung mattress, that weighs about 46 kg, and it doesn't slip around on the Koala bed base, perhaps because this mattress is so heavy. After about a week the mattress moves a centimeter or two in one direction or the other, but I just push it back when I change the sheets, and all good.

Hammo

Thanks for the input Amanda. My koala mattress is a King Size, I’ve only had it for over a week maybe it needs to settle into the base. I have not seen anyone else having this issue on here.

Freya B.
Freya B.

I’m having the same issue- purchased a week ago and wake up with there being a BIG space between the mattress and head board.

Tahlia R.asked

I’m looking into buying the koala mattress and bed base. The only problem that’s keeping me from buying the bed straight away is the height, it looks quite low. How have people found the height of it?

Amanda

Yes, it's lower than other beds I've had before, but that's what I like about it. With my old bed, I would often wonder how much it would hurt if I happened to fall out of bed onto the wood floor. With the Koala Bed, I'm quite close to the ground, and that's reassuring. With a thick inner sprung mattress, the height of the bed is about 10 cm higher than a regular dining chair, and that's high enough for getting up from and getting down into.

Lloyd Jordan

i found it too low and have put a mattress topper on to give a bit more height, still not as high as i would like but can live with it ideally should be a height that when in bed swing legs out to get up the feet should just touch the floor from a normal sitting posture currently this 6ft frame has legs bent quite a bit at the knees with feet on the ground plus the softness of the mattress was not as soft as i required for these old bones however the worry of bashing shins has only happened once since sleeping on the bed base in cple on months,

Tahlia R.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I’ve seen a few people say that it has made noise after a while? Has anyone found that?

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives