Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base

Listing monitored by Koala

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Bede I.
Bede I.Sydney, NSW

Really nice bed frame, looks great.

I bought this bed frame because It looks great and I already had the Koala mattress. The quality and finish is great and it is nice and sturdy. My only gripe is I've had it for a little while now and it is now creaking when I get into bed and also when I move in my sleep, to the point of now waking me up.

Besides the creakiness it is quality.

Purchased in January 2020.

S Anand
S AnandSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product and customer service!

Easy to assemble and the product was as per description on the website. Recommend to anyone who wants to buy a good-looking, stylish, and high-quality bed base. Quick and on-time delivery. We bought a mattress along with the base and it is very comfortable. Very happy with the product.

Purchased in July 2021.

Troy
TroyCentral Queensland, QLD

Delivery issues

Bed base was very nice and straight forward to assemble. Delivery process involved unnecessary stress and inconvenience. Tracking did not updates regularly nor provide any details about where along the line the item was. So when the item was to be delivered, no one was home because we didn't know it was arriving. Contacted number on card and the lady said it would be delivered the next day. Took the day off but it didn't come! Called again, they said we would have to contact another delivery company to book the delivery. We really like Koala products but their delivery systems need improving.

Purchased in June 2021.

Gunter

Very easy to put together

Does not creak.

So easy to put together even I can do it and I’m crapped in the head.

Has room to fit small things toward bed head. Could be taller.

bigbrit_82
bigbrit_82South East Queensland, QLD

Bed creaks

Was great to start with (support is still good) but nearly a month in and the frame creaks whenever we move. Which is disappointing given the price and the fact it's now waking our 6month old daughter.

Purchased in February 2021 for $1,000.00.

Love it

The bed base arrived quickly it was easy to put together, it doesn’t creak and it is sturdy. We were worried about the mattress sliding on the bed base but it hasn’t moved.

Purchased in February 2021.

Kivvin
KivvinHunter Region, NSW

Had issues with the bed base and frame

The bed base was creaky and too low. After posting my review I was contacted by the support team and from then on, everything was sorted by the young ladies at Koala who went out of their way to resolve my issues. It's a 5 star rating from me for the wonderful customer service staff at Koala.

Creaky

Upon putting the frame together it was creaking quite a lot. Rang up and was advised to rub beeswax on the joints which seemed to help abit but wasn't a full fix. Quite frustrating as the price isn't on the cheap side. Only a week in so will have to see how I go but at this rate I will be most likely returning it (UGHHHH).

Purchased in February 2021 for $900.00.

Fantastic Service

I did have some minor issues with the bed base where it creaked.
However, their support team reached out to me and promptly organised the replacement of a couple of parts. Now the bed base is fantastic and does not creak anymore.
The communication with their service team was absolutely amazing and smooth.
Can highly recommend the bed base, mattress and five stars for their amazing support team!

Purchased in December 2020.

Canh L.
Canh L.Sydney, NSW

So far so good

Purchased in January 2021 for $700.00.

Sturdy Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base was very easy to assemble / sturdy / no creaking / comfortable to lie on / allows free passage of air. Only negative I think it would be so much better in future if it was made to the size of the mattress. It means bed takes up a lot more room than if was made to the size of the actual mattress size rather than overhang both sides and at foot of the bed.

Purchased in December 2020 for $700.00.

Richard
Richard Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love the bedframe

Easiest bedframe to assemble. The parts are nice size so one person can do it all.

It's super sturdy and does not creak at all.

Highly recommended due to the build and price.

Purchased in December 2020 for $850.00.

emb-1489
emb-1489Sydney, NSW

Extremely squeaky at first but a simple trick fixed it.

Purchased in December 2020 for $810.00.

Dave M.
Dave M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Six months of happiness, before the creaking set in

I purchased the base about 6 months ago and everything was great. It arrived the following day right on schedule and I was really happy with the look of it. The dimensions are worth considering because of its extended footprint but having factored this in, all was great, until recently.... Unfortunately, over the last few weeks it has started to creak very considerable, and it is worsening. I’m someone prone to lengthy periods of wakefulness throughout the night so the interruptions are pretty problematic for me. On a good night it leaves me tossing and turning but on a worse night, I’ll be awake for 2-3 hours. I don’t know if it’s the design or what but I’m sorry my experience has turned really sour.

Purchased in March 2020.

Gabrielle B.Koala
Ellen M
Ellen MSydney, NSW

Best timber bed base

No bed creak experienced, sold firm base for our own mattress, good firm support for back.
Neat clean modern design good aesthetic look
Easy to assemble, instructions given easy to understand.
Compliments Looks well in the bedroom

Purchased in October 2020 for $900.00.

James.
James.asked

Why is it all made in china? And most of it is made from polyester. Seems very over priced for imported Chinese goods.

Edward J.
Edward J.asked

Do you have a semi double sized timber bed base?

G’day Edward,

Thanks for getting in touch - this is a great question!

We’ve done our research on this one and while we don’t offer semi-doubles here in Oz, we’ve compared the dimensions to our king single and double bases to help you decide which suits you best!

Our king single measures at 203cm long and 107cm wide and the double is 188cm long and 138cm wide. The semi-double base we offer in Japan is 195cm long by 120cm wide, so it’s smack bang in the middle of the two.

If you choose one and it turns our to be the wrong fit, not to worry! We have our 120-night trial for just that, so you can purchase knowing you can always return it if it’s just not right :)

If you have any other questions or need any help deciding which one will keep you comfiest, just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or shoot us an email at support@koala.com - we’d love to hear from you!

The Koala Dream Team

Kelly C.
Kelly C.asked

I am thinking to buy the koala timber bed base for my new mattress, however, I am concern if the timber surface be slippy and making my mattress moving around? Anyone have experience to share? Thanks! :)

Gunter

I’ve used it for months (although with a queen sized NON KOALA mattress and it doesn’t slip at all.

G’day Kelly,

Great question, thanks for asking! We don’t want you to be sleeping on a slip and slide and your mattress should stay in place while you’re snoozing. If you find that it is moving around, just get in touch with our awesome Customer Care squad - we’ve got some tips on how to keep it in place!

We’ve always got our 120-night trial if you find you’re not loving it too! Just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or pop an email over to support@koala.com and we’ll help organise your return for a full refund :)

Alternatively, we have our new Paddington Bed Base which the mattress sits in, so there’s no room for sliding around! You can have a peek here: https://au.koala.com/products/paddington-bed-base

We’d love to hear from you if you have any other questions or need a hand choosing the best base for you to get as cozy as can be, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

The Koala Dream Team

See all Koala Timber Bed Base questions

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5-year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.
CategoryBeds