Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 2 of 12)

Listing monitored by Koala

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Chris K.
Chris K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So comfy

Love my koala bed, pillows and mattress. Went and bought my kids new mattresses as well they are so comfortable. Kids love them too. Thinking about getting a mattress to take away with me to work (fifo)

Isaac P.
Isaac P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes every other bed obsolete

Sleek and modern look. Unbelievably easy to assemble and pack away in only just minutes. Makes traditional bed assembly outdated and obsolete.
Structurally stronger and definitely has a lot less creaks ;)

Amanda
AmandaPerth, WA

All my dreams come true

Purchased in March 2020 for $780.00.

Leah R.
Leah R.South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliantly Easy to put together

It was a joy to assemble the Koala bed base. And as renters I have to move every few years, and several other bed bases have died due to being disassembled and reassembled so often, but the Koala definitely won't have that problem!

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,000.00.

Casey M.
Casey M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love love love !

I am so in love with the natural timber bed base, the feel is smooth and it was super easy to put together ! My favourite part is storing your extra pillows snug behind the head of the bed !!! Very happy with my koala bed, will 100% be back for more koala products !

Purchased in March 2020 at Online store for $1,650.00.

Debra A
Debra ASydney, NSW

Best Bed Ever

This bed arrived, was assembled and tried out less than 24 hours after I ordered it. So, not only a fantastic bed but fantastic service. Easy as anything to put together. And I especially appreciate the koala toy!
I'm a terrible sleeper so when I'm lying awake in the dead of night it's great to be doing so in such a lovely bed.

Purchased in March 2020 for $800.00.

Bridget
Bridget

Best bed ever

Assembled by myself. It was relatively easy. Hardest part is getting the pieces out of the boxes. I like the hidden storage and holes for tech. Mattress is beautiful too. Highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2020.

Jacinta P
Jacinta PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bed Base is great!

This base is so, so easy to put together! It's sturdy and strong, and everything just fits. Doesn't creek or wobble, and coupled with the Koala Mattress, it's the comfiest bed I have ever slept on. Thank you :)

Purchased in March 2020 at Koala Mattress for $1,750.00.

jacqbrown68
jacqbrown68South East Queensland, QLD

Love it - colour also brightens the room

Easy to assemble in just a few minutes, comfy to sleep on and even the dogs keep tryign to get up there to sleep, peaceful and quiet as you move,

Purchased in February 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for $680.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you and your dogs are enjoying it :)

Super fast!

Delivery is super fast, the base takes only 4 mins to put together.
The bed doesn’t creak and it is a nice neutral colour that works with most bedroom styles.
It is a low to the floor bed though, which suits me but may not suit others.

Purchased in February 2020.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback Rosie! :)

Brendan E.
Brendan E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exactly what I need, and wiring routing holes are awesome for chargers these days.

Very very easy to assemble, no tools at all, possible with one person, although two people would have it assembled in like 1 minute. Very quiet, very stable, very sturdy.

Purchased in January 2020 at Koala Living Showrooms for $600.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks Brendan! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Michelle H.
Michelle H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

So easy to assemble!!

I love the look of the bedbase. The clean lines and the timber are perfect for my bedrooom decor. I assembed it myself, but have not yet dis-assembled.
Teamed with the koala mattress, I now sleep so much better than I did on my old mattress.

Purchased in February 2020 for $800.00.

Easy As

Wow great base so easy to assemble all by myself and pull apart with no tools. Frame is solid and no creaks. Combined with Koala mattress I now sleep great

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review!!!

Excellent!!!

Prices low
Ordering and delivery simple and stress free
Assembly easy
Looks fantastic
Wonderful design allows for books, cords etc to be hidden giving my apartment bedroom a fresh uncluttered feel.
Environmentally sound- check out the website

Purchased in January 2020 for $800.00.

Koala S.Koala

We are glad you love your bed base!!!

NPG
NPGSydney, NSW

Found what I was looking for

I have been looking for a light, yet strong bed for myself. I live on my own and wanted something easy to move but strong and firm for my back problems. Koala bed is indeed a great product, does not have any chemical smell, looks great, very earthy and was so easy to unpack and assemble it, I did it myself, a woman of 60 with back problems and stairs to deal with. One thing I would love this product to have is a little bit more height, apart from that and the creaking at the beginning, which settles very rapidly, it is a very well design bed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $680.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review, and we'll make sure to pass your suggestions along to the team!!

My Wife and i Love the Koala

Yes we are very happy with it.
No creaking or groaning- very easy to assemble the bed frame (No tools ) fabulous.
The Mattress is very comfortable and so much room on the King.
Love going to bed at night .
AND the price is very good . A good quality product.

Purchased at Online .

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review Allan!

Xavier
XavierPerth, WA

Excellent, easy to put together, sturdy

Got the mattress, loved it, and the bed base is just as good. It's sturdy, really easy to put together (literally 5 minutes, and not tools required!), and high quality. Cannot recommend it enough for people also buying the mattress.

Purchased in December 2019 for $800.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for the review Xavier, we're happy to hear you love it as much as we do!

charlottec32
charlottec32

Top brand. Worth every cent.

A very chic bed for modern life, the Koala bed base is super easy to assemble (think giant lego) and is the right base for every kind of mattress and every situation. The Koala team are a joy to work with too.

Purchased in January 2020 for $720.00.

Thanks for the review Charlotte :D

Item is awesome. Great height and easy to put together

To assemble it is so easy and only a short time to do it. Love it and hubby has said on lots of occasions what a great buy with the mattress and base .. mattress has reduced snoring too ... amazing

Purchased in December 2019 at Koala online for $2,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks so much Lou & Daz!

Emy Lu
Emy LuNortheast, VIC

Looks sleek! No creaks! Love my Koala!

The Koala bed is pure bed base genius. Super easy, fun set up (did the King solo). First nights sleep on the king Koala mattress was epic, magnificent for both myself & my husband. He said “...that was the best sleep I’ve had in my life, well done babe”. I’m stoke on our purchase too! Totally worth it. Thanks Koala!

Koala S.Koala

Great to hear you guys are enjoying it Emy!!

Caroline M
Caroline MSydney, NSW

Couldn’t be more perfect!

Unbelievably easy to put together, looks amazing & having the holes at the top of the bed to put cables through is so handy!
My old bed had a Koala mattress but on an IKEA frame with slats & it is without a doubt so much better on this bed base.
It looks so nice & so typical of Koala to make such a quality product.
Can’t recommend any more highly!

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the review Caroline!

Janet S.
Janet S.Western Australia

Love the Koala mattress and base. Sleeping so peacefully now!

Not a sound from the bed and I don’t feel a thing when there’s other movement on the bed. The base was so easy to assemble and took less than half hour. Such a comfortable bed and so glad we finally purchased one.

Purchased in December 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,900.00.

Koala S.Koala

Great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review

Caseyrae12
Caseyrae12Hobart, TAS

Highly recommended!

The bed base was very easy to assemble with simple visual instructions. We have had the product for a week and had no trouble with creaking or discomfort. A highly recommended bed base.

Purchased in December 2019 for $850.00.

Koala S.Koala

This is awesome to hear !!!

Alison
Alison

This is so comfortable

Have been using the bed for just over a week and I must say I have had no backaches or sore legs. It wasn't to hard to put together it was harder moving the boxes they were heavy. No the bed base doesn't creak at all very and the bed is very comfortable.

Varunita
VarunitaSydney, NSW

Couldn't have asked for a better bed!

Have been using the bed for over 2 weeks now. It was so easy to put together! I think it took me longer to open the boxes..lol. bed base is very stable and no creaking at all.

Purchased in December 2019 for $680.00.

Koala S.Koala

Woo thanks for leaving a review! :)

Edward J.
Edward J.asked

Do you have a semi double sized timber bed base?

G’day Edward,

Thanks for getting in touch - this is a great question!

We’ve done our research on this one and while we don’t offer semi-doubles here in Oz, we’ve compared the dimensions to our king single and double bases to help you decide which suits you best!

Our king single measures at 203cm long and 107cm wide and the double is 188cm long and 138cm wide. The semi-double base we offer in Japan is 195cm long by 120cm wide, so it’s smack bang in the middle of the two.

If you choose one and it turns our to be the wrong fit, not to worry! We have our 120-night trial for just that, so you can purchase knowing you can always return it if it’s just not right :)

If you have any other questions or need any help deciding which one will keep you comfiest, just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or shoot us an email at support@koala.com - we’d love to hear from you!

Kelly C.
Kelly C.asked

I am thinking to buy the koala timber bed base for my new mattress, however, I am concern if the timber surface be slippy and making my mattress moving around? Anyone have experience to share? Thanks! :)

Gunter
Gunter

I’ve used it for months (although with a queen sized NON KOALA mattress and it doesn’t slip at all.

G’day Kelly,

Great question, thanks for asking! We don’t want you to be sleeping on a slip and slide and your mattress should stay in place while you’re snoozing. If you find that it is moving around, just get in touch with our awesome Customer Care squad - we’ve got some tips on how to keep it in place!

We’ve always got our 120-night trial if you find you’re not loving it too! Just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or pop an email over to support@koala.com and we’ll help organise your return for a full refund :)

Alternatively, we have our new Paddington Bed Base which the mattress sits in, so there’s no room for sliding around! You can have a peek here: https://au.koala.com/products/paddington-bed-base

We’d love to hear from you if you have any other questions or need a hand choosing the best base for you to get as cozy as can be, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

Haah103asked

We currently have a queen sized Koala base with a queen mattress and want to upgrade to a king mattress. Has anyone used a king mattress on the queen base? It looks as though there may be a couple of cm’s overhang but we don’t mind the idea ... Just want to know if it will work before we buy the mattress?

G’day Haah103,

Great question, thanks so much for sharing this!

While our bases are a bit wider than the mattress, the king mattress might be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit on to a queen base! The king mattress is 183cm in width and 203cm in length, and the queen base is 167cm wide and 228cm in length. The area of the base where the mattress sits is 202cm in length, so it might just fit length ways, but will hang over on the sides and that won’t give you the perfectly comfy sleep we want you to have!

You can see more about the dimensions of the base here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-timber-bed-base and the mattress here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-mattress

We’re here to help so if you have any other questions please let us know, or give us a call on 1800 575 337 or send us an email at support@koala.com if you’d like to chat through this further :)

Haah103

Thank you so much for your quick and thorough response!!
We might need to consider buying another base as well then. Thank you again

See all Koala Timber Bed Base questions

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5-year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.