Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 3 of 12)

Listing monitored by Koala

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Paul S.
Paul S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

exceptional quality

No it doesn't creak, very easy too assemble like a jigsaw puzzle due to the simplistic and clever design:
I specifically purchased the bed because of the minimal assembly required.
love it
thanks

Koala S.Koala

Thanks Paul for your feedback!

Eliana
ElianaFar North Queensland, QLD

The best bed base I've ever had!!

Assembly was easy! No tools needed. Instructions a breeze. Took us literally 20 min to unpack and assemble a king size bed frame and plonk the mattress on top. Soundless sleep with no creaking or movement. Cant even feel when my other half jumps in to bed! Has awesome storage function at the head of base where I put my extra pillows, and a perfect little cord hole to have your charger handy! We love it!

Koala S.Koala

Awesome to hear, thank you Eliana for sharing your feedback with us :-)

Anjali P.
Anjali P.

Perfect bed...

Easy to assemble and strong bedbase. Really happy with my koala bedbase and mattress combo, I highly recommend all the Koala products. Best part is they delivered it next day.
Thanks team koala...

Koala S.Koala

Amazing! Thank you Anjali :-)

Shania H.
Shania H.Hunter Region, NSW

Beautiful bed base!

Love the look of this bed base, I always get comments about it when people see it. I was able to put it together easily all by my self (young small female). Its perfectly steady and I love the storage it provides underneath and behind the bed head! Very happy with my purchase.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you Shania for sharing your amazing feedback :-)

Haylee H.
Haylee H.Florey 2615, ACT

Perfect, love it!

Perfect and easy to assemble, took us easily less than 5 minutes to put it together. It looks great as well and paired with the mattress is very comfortable. Delivery was fast too.

Koala S.Koala

Perfect Haylee!! thank you for sharing your experience :-)

Kylie
KylieSydney, NSW

Fastest service possible and a comfortable nights' sleep

Bed comes flat packed with simple instructions, its super easy to put together and because it has no nuts and bolts or springs, it doesn't creak or squeak at all! Its very comfortable and my husband and I love it.

Koala S.Koala

YAY that is great to hear, thanks for the review Kylie :)

Best bed frame

The bed frame arrives on same day!! It is sturdy, easy to assemble and looks great. No bulky designs, useful features like space to store behind the headrest and cable pockets. The wood quality and color is soothing. You know what your furniture is made up of here. We moved house and it was the easiest piece of furniture to dissemble, move around and assemble. We have got two king bed frames and few of our friends have bought it after us and are happy with the purchase. Best investment.

Koala S.Koala

Awesome Nayak, thank you for sharing :-)

Ingrid S.
Ingrid S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick delivery!

Delivered within four hours of purchasing which was amazing.
Easy to slot together and looks great.
However it does creak a fair bit - I have a friend with a Koala bed base which doesn't do this, so I'm not sure if its just an issue with mine? A bit disappointing, not sure what to do to fix it.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you Ingrid for sharing your feedback :-)
Could you please reach out to us at support@koala.com and we will assist?

Laura D.
Laura D.Southwest, VIC

Great design

We've purchased two of the Koala bed bases and they were really simple to put together. Bed is a stylish minimalist design and each piece slotted together perfectly and seems very sturdy.

Koala S.Koala

Great to hear Laura, thank you for your feedback :-)

Nicole
NicoleSydney, NSW

Love it!

The bed was easy to put together, feels solid once built and it doesn't creak or groan. Its beautiful look at and convenient with the space to have cords and storage behind the headboard.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your feedback! So glad you're happy

Simple and functional

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your honest feedback! :)

Colin
Colin

No Worries... seriously though... your mattresses are crazy comfy... best sleep and we never want to get out of it!

Koala S.Koala

Haha this means the world to us - THANK YOU!

Better sleep

We are in our 70s and were hoping to get better quality sleep. I am pleased to say the Koala bed and mattress has given us deeper sleep because it seems to take the shape of our bodies without disturbing each other. No more back pain for me in the morning.

Koala S.Koala

So glad you're enjoying it!

James E
James EGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

great bedbase

bed does not creak
Have assembled it and very easy to do. As yet have not dissembled base but it looks really easy to do
Highly recommended to other buyers a

Koala S.Koala

Very happy to hear that it was easy to put together :)

Carla
Carla

Love it!

Love the bed base, super easy to assemble and looks great. It has a very natural colour which looks good with other furniture. We are very happy with our purchase.

Koala S.Koala

Hello Carla, we are so happy to hear! Thank you for sharing your review :-)

Frustrated
FrustratedVictoria

Brilliant Purchase!

Easy website to navigate, quick delivery, amazing customer service with a call I had to make re something I had not thought off with size. So simple to assemble took like 10 minutes, looks fabulous and is super comfortable. A very clever design. So glad I did my investigation on line.

Koala S.Koala

Ahh awesome! Thank you for leaving your review :-)

Deefer
DeeferMawson 2607, ACT

Just what I wanted

Easy to assemble, no tools required, didn't need the instructions. Well thought out storage and cable holes. Perfect base for the Koala mattress. Clean uncluttered lines keep it visually elegant.

Awesome Deefer !

Hummy63
Hummy63Sydney, NSW

Great simple bed base!

Super easy to assemble. Very thoughtful design in terms of space under the bed and also behind the headboard. Has holes in places to make it more convenient for running power cables etc. for phone charger or lamps. Smooth cut on the edges and overall great quality. Would definitely recommend it.

Geat to hear Hummy63 !

Josie
JosieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love it

The bed was completely easy and quick to put together.
Very stylish and efficient design and love all the extras - the hole for your cables and aeration for your mattress and the storage back behind for extra pillows etc.
The bed base is larger than the mattress so you have a complete border around the bed which is great for your phones, fan remote controls etc.
Very happy with everything!

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for your feedback !

Liz
LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great bed

Great solid bed, assembled easily by just one person; like the spaces under the bed as I could fit sizeable plastic containers underneath out of sight. ; flexible and on the day delivery options for after hours, and timely delivery makes the whole relocating ordeal more pleasant.

Great Liz !

Mel DP
Mel DPWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent bed base

So easy to assemble. It looks great in our minimalist scheme. It's great to be able to tuck extra pillows and blankets behind the headboard - less clutter. Delivery was super quick, even to a regional area.

Love our new bed!

So easy to put together, no creaking, no annoying slats moving, all positives, furniture assembly made easy for once! Would definitely recommend! Why spend hours setting up your bed? Just order a koala!

Exactly Happy customer !

Ian
IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best!

This bed base is a great design and way better than normal slatted bases. It's very quick and easy to assemble, looks great and it almost makes making the bed a pleasure!

Susan Harrington
Susan HarringtonNorthern Region, NSW

Watershed moment for beds

My Koala bed and mattress, are a unique combination. Finally someone has made beds simple! The bed went together in minutes and I know I can dissemble the bed just as quickly, to move it around the room if I please. The mattress and bed are exceptionally comfortable - with a cool streamlined look. This combination is ground breaking and the new wave of bedding!

Jayn
JaynCentral West, QLD

Great Bed very happy

No the bed doesn't creak it is great and very comfortable.
I assembled this bed by myself found it rather easy and way better than having to bolt together. It only took me so long as it didn't fit the space and I had to change it around but would definitely recommend it and when I can afford it will look at getting the mattress.

Cindy F
Cindy FSydney, NSW

Super comfy!

Bed still working good since beginning of year. Very easy to assemble as well. Overall i'm very happy with this purchase. I feel it will last for ages. Thank you!

Edward J.
Edward J.asked

Do you have a semi double sized timber bed base?

G’day Edward,

Thanks for getting in touch - this is a great question!

We’ve done our research on this one and while we don’t offer semi-doubles here in Oz, we’ve compared the dimensions to our king single and double bases to help you decide which suits you best!

Our king single measures at 203cm long and 107cm wide and the double is 188cm long and 138cm wide. The semi-double base we offer in Japan is 195cm long by 120cm wide, so it’s smack bang in the middle of the two.

If you choose one and it turns our to be the wrong fit, not to worry! We have our 120-night trial for just that, so you can purchase knowing you can always return it if it’s just not right :)

If you have any other questions or need any help deciding which one will keep you comfiest, just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or shoot us an email at support@koala.com - we’d love to hear from you!

Kelly C.
Kelly C.asked

I am thinking to buy the koala timber bed base for my new mattress, however, I am concern if the timber surface be slippy and making my mattress moving around? Anyone have experience to share? Thanks! :)

Gunter
Gunter

I’ve used it for months (although with a queen sized NON KOALA mattress and it doesn’t slip at all.

G’day Kelly,

Great question, thanks for asking! We don’t want you to be sleeping on a slip and slide and your mattress should stay in place while you’re snoozing. If you find that it is moving around, just get in touch with our awesome Customer Care squad - we’ve got some tips on how to keep it in place!

We’ve always got our 120-night trial if you find you’re not loving it too! Just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or pop an email over to support@koala.com and we’ll help organise your return for a full refund :)

Alternatively, we have our new Paddington Bed Base which the mattress sits in, so there’s no room for sliding around! You can have a peek here: https://au.koala.com/products/paddington-bed-base

We’d love to hear from you if you have any other questions or need a hand choosing the best base for you to get as cozy as can be, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

Haah103asked

We currently have a queen sized Koala base with a queen mattress and want to upgrade to a king mattress. Has anyone used a king mattress on the queen base? It looks as though there may be a couple of cm’s overhang but we don’t mind the idea ... Just want to know if it will work before we buy the mattress?

G’day Haah103,

Great question, thanks so much for sharing this!

While our bases are a bit wider than the mattress, the king mattress might be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit on to a queen base! The king mattress is 183cm in width and 203cm in length, and the queen base is 167cm wide and 228cm in length. The area of the base where the mattress sits is 202cm in length, so it might just fit length ways, but will hang over on the sides and that won’t give you the perfectly comfy sleep we want you to have!

You can see more about the dimensions of the base here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-timber-bed-base and the mattress here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-mattress

We’re here to help so if you have any other questions please let us know, or give us a call on 1800 575 337 or send us an email at support@koala.com if you’d like to chat through this further :)

Haah103

Thank you so much for your quick and thorough response!!
We might need to consider buying another base as well then. Thank you again

See all Koala Timber Bed Base questions

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5-year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.