Koala Timber Bed Base

Koala Timber Bed Base (page 4 of 12)

Listing monitored by Koala

Pros

• Sturdy

• Easy to assemble

• Provides good, firm support

Cons

• Mattress sometimes slips

• Easy to knock shins against base

• Ease of Assembly

Simple but Effective

Very easy to assemble, since changing to the koala bed I have been having the best sleep ever since changing over from a bed purchased from major retailers. Have recommended this product to everyone I know.

Kez
KezMid North Coast, NSW

Happy customer

Very pleased with bed. Had a few doubts that it may have been a bit low, but these were unfounded. Previously bought Koala mattress and this bed goes perfectly with it. Doesn’t creak like our old slat bed. Perfect combination.

Aaron P
Aaron PPerth, WA

The world's best bed frame

Honestly the best bed frame I've ever bought. So easy to construct no screws or slats that will eventually break, no creeking because it just slots together and has no joins with screws or bolts to make noise. Highly recommend.

Ashley
Ashley

Simple and looks good!

Easy to put together, did it within 5 minutes. No screws and bolts and I like that it’s lower to the floor than my old bed. Good if you need to move house as well.

Dave P
Dave PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lego for adults

Easiest bed I have ever assembled (used to do this as a part time job in highschool - so consider myself an Ikea ninja).

No tools required, all just slots into place.

Will buy again.

Lucy
LucyIllawarra, NSW

Best easily assembled bed ever

I live on the NSW south coast and ordered one Koala queen bed base and received two days later. It was well packaged. Bed was the easiest to assemble with big clear instructions on long cardboard. I just love it so simple and so practical. Will be buying the mattress next. Well done Koala people

Kylie
KylieSouthwest, VIC

Easiest purchase

While I might not have put it together in 4 minutes (I was carting pieces to and from different rooms) it was incredibly simple to put together. Doesn't creak, easy to shift sideways in the room if needed. I do agree that less packaging would be ideal.

Brilliant design

Love this bed base. Doesn't creak or shift, feels solid, super easy to assemble and disassemble, looks smart. Cable management feature is handy. The wide 'floating' design does take up a bit of extra room though so don't assume it will fit where a standard ensemble base fitted before, check the measurements.

Anthony C.
Anthony C.South East Queensland, QLD

Super Easy purchase, delivery and install

Excellent products, super easy purchase and incredibly easy to install. My only wish is they would use less packaging as there is a lot of wasted cardboard to dispose of afterwards.

Koala S.Koala

Awesome ! Thanks for the feedback Anthony.

MoiraPerth, WA

Perfect no pain

Assemble my 11yr old did this in 20 mins
Creaks a little but has to settle in place just pleased I no longer have back ache. Wake up feeling awake and fresh

Moira

Hi re creaking of bed how can I stop it

CSK
CSKSydney, NSW

So easy and looks modern

I was surprised how easy this bed base was to assemble. Its strong, doesn't creak, looks contemporary & I like the white colour choice. When my son moves out of home, it will be easy for him to dissemble the bed & take it with him. I have already recommended this bed to my friends and family.

Koala S.Koala

Great CSK ! Thanks for the feedback.

Maryanne
MaryanneHunter Region, NSW

Simple, elegant and quiet

Base does not move or make any noise and looks funky. It was easy to set up and I am not handy. It was very reasonable, made in Australia out of our local products and delivered to the door within 2 days. Good for keeping footprint down

Koala S.Koala

Amazing! Great to hear of your experience, thanks :)

Easiest bed in the world to build!

I assembled this bed by myself and couldn't believe how easy it was to do. No tools required. My son came home to find his room changed and couldn't believe his Mum had done it all by herself. He's sleeping well and the bed must be so comfortable as he is now taking even longer to get up in the morning!

Koala S.Koala

That's great to hear! Thanks for your feedback :)

Caz
CazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Understated beauty!

Bed went together in five minutes, tops! No creaking or rattling and feels sturdy and solid. Looks fantastic! Haven't disassembled yet, but can see that it'll be a breeze to take apart and move, unlike our previous bed frame. Very happy with our purchase!

Drew
DrewPerth, WA

So far Best bed i have owned!

So far, I haven't noticed the bed creaking as I am only in my 2nd week with the bed however i have accidentally fall asleep more time than I have actually to go to sleep! haha

weekend just gone my partner and I laid down for a 'Nap', for her it was about 12 hours so she likes it too!
very impressed with the bed, took me about 10 minutes or so to put it together once i got it out of the boxes. I will be upgrading my second bed in my spare room so i will likely be purchasing a king to replace my current haha

Thanks Drew!

Zoe
ZoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Koala Bed Base

So easy to assemble, you literally open the box and everything clicks together in a matter of minutes. When you open one of the boxes for the bed, the instructions fold out onto a large piece of cardboard which stands up right, and you can continue to refer to, its amazing! No creaks, everything is very stable, and I love the modern floating bed look. I can also keep all of my pillows tidily behind the bed head whilst I sleep too.

Thanks, Zoe!

Patti
PattiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simply the Best

I bought two Queen Size beds and mattresses

No, the beds do not creak, and they look amazing and sit solid on a wooden floor and on a carpeted floor

I have assembled the beds and it was very easy and fun

Ez to assemble super fast delivery

Next morning deliver
Took me only 5 min to assemble the king size bed and it’s surprisingly stable
The mattress is great too Kids love it
They also help support wildlife on ur behalf

Genevieve Kennedy
Genevieve KennedyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Amazed!

WE are so happy with our bed base. The structure and ease of putting this together was phenomenal after moving house and putting up two other flat pack beds for our children.
It's extremely sturdy, no creaking or screeching with movement. Easy to clean and well designed (ie no stubbing your toes in the dark!) Could not receommend more highly!

Merryn Transton
Merryn TranstonThe Mallee, VIC

A fantastic product along with a wonderful conservation effort combined!

We purchased a Koala Bed Base and Mattress as we needed an easy option for deliver, assembly and also looking for comfort. We have not been disappointed by the quality or the comfort of the product. We were also surprised by the conservation efforts that Koala contribute on behalf of our purchase. The kids especially loved the idea the we have now adopted a Koala! Thank you.

Thanks, Merryn!

Nick
Nick

Very happy!

Super easy to put together, much much much easier than our previous IKEA bed. No stress, looks exactly like the pictures and the material is surprisingly lightweight yet sturdy. Definitely recommend

Thanks, Nick!

bretthowards2303
bretthowards2303South East Queensland, QLD

Great!

Good quality, easy to put together even for 1 person. Bed head a little wobbly but still love it. No noise from the bed, and looks great. Very happy with it.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your review, Brett!

Jay
JayRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Every mattress purchase from now on will be a koala mattress!

Mattress is Very comfortable! Very easy to assemble base, slotted together with ease. No creaking. Aesthetically beautiful! The space behind the bed head is really useful for extra pillows and blankets

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your review, Jay!

Sue B
Sue BSydney, NSW

Excellent product and service

I Bought the koala bed base to replace a creaky old one.
Ordered at 11:30 and delivery was at 13:30 well within the 4 hour window. The helpful delivery driver called with his arrival time. Bedbase flat packs were delivered to my apartment door. I unpacked, disposed of the packaging and put together the bed base on my own in less than an hour. If I had someone to help it would have taken minutes to do everything. The bed base is beautiful, functional and quiet. I love the storage for our cushions behind the headboard. Along with our koala mattress which we have had for 2 years the bed base gives a very very comfortable nights sleep.

Bushido

Great products, backed by great service.

Hi Bushido-
Thanks for your review!
If you'd like us to send you out some free, non-slip pads to stop the slipping just send us an email and our support team would be happy to get that sorted for you~
Eve @ Koala

Bushido

Thanks a lot-that’d help! What’s the email address?

Edward J.
Edward J.asked

Do you have a semi double sized timber bed base?

G’day Edward,

Thanks for getting in touch - this is a great question!

We’ve done our research on this one and while we don’t offer semi-doubles here in Oz, we’ve compared the dimensions to our king single and double bases to help you decide which suits you best!

Our king single measures at 203cm long and 107cm wide and the double is 188cm long and 138cm wide. The semi-double base we offer in Japan is 195cm long by 120cm wide, so it’s smack bang in the middle of the two.

If you choose one and it turns our to be the wrong fit, not to worry! We have our 120-night trial for just that, so you can purchase knowing you can always return it if it’s just not right :)

If you have any other questions or need any help deciding which one will keep you comfiest, just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or shoot us an email at support@koala.com - we’d love to hear from you!

Kelly C.
Kelly C.asked

I am thinking to buy the koala timber bed base for my new mattress, however, I am concern if the timber surface be slippy and making my mattress moving around? Anyone have experience to share? Thanks! :)

Gunter
Gunter

I’ve used it for months (although with a queen sized NON KOALA mattress and it doesn’t slip at all.

G’day Kelly,

Great question, thanks for asking! We don’t want you to be sleeping on a slip and slide and your mattress should stay in place while you’re snoozing. If you find that it is moving around, just get in touch with our awesome Customer Care squad - we’ve got some tips on how to keep it in place!

We’ve always got our 120-night trial if you find you’re not loving it too! Just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or pop an email over to support@koala.com and we’ll help organise your return for a full refund :)

Alternatively, we have our new Paddington Bed Base which the mattress sits in, so there’s no room for sliding around! You can have a peek here: https://au.koala.com/products/paddington-bed-base

We’d love to hear from you if you have any other questions or need a hand choosing the best base for you to get as cozy as can be, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

Haah103asked

We currently have a queen sized Koala base with a queen mattress and want to upgrade to a king mattress. Has anyone used a king mattress on the queen base? It looks as though there may be a couple of cm’s overhang but we don’t mind the idea ... Just want to know if it will work before we buy the mattress?

G’day Haah103,

Great question, thanks so much for sharing this!

While our bases are a bit wider than the mattress, the king mattress might be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit on to a queen base! The king mattress is 183cm in width and 203cm in length, and the queen base is 167cm wide and 228cm in length. The area of the base where the mattress sits is 202cm in length, so it might just fit length ways, but will hang over on the sides and that won’t give you the perfectly comfy sleep we want you to have!

You can see more about the dimensions of the base here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-timber-bed-base and the mattress here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-mattress

We’re here to help so if you have any other questions please let us know, or give us a call on 1800 575 337 or send us an email at support@koala.com if you’d like to chat through this further :)

Haah103

Thank you so much for your quick and thorough response!!
We might need to consider buying another base as well then. Thank you again

See all Koala Timber Bed Base questions

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Features:

• The Koala Timber Bed Base uses a honeycomb core to keep it lightweight and durable - it can handle up to 600kg, making it a great hangout spot for the whole family.
  • There’s a discreet storage slot behind the headboard, so you can tuck away that teddy bear you’ve told your friends you stopped sleeping with years ago.
  • The oversized platform design gives the illusion of a floating bed, so you can feel like you’re literally sleeping in a cloud.
  • The bed features cable management holes that let you keep your charging cables hidden while they’re charging within arm’s reach.
  • It’s advertised as being able to be assembled in 4 minutes by one person, making it a fuss-free affair.
  • A 5-year warranty and 120-night trial mean you can try the bed out before committing to it long-term, and gives you some peace of mind if you do end up taking the leap.
  • The Koala Timber Bed base ranges from $600 for a single to $1000 for a king sized bed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said the bed base was sturdy and didn’t creak.
  • They said that it was easy to assemble and to take apart (especially considering there was no need for tools), and that the instructions were easy to follow.
  • The bed provides good, firm support, according to reviewers.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that the mattress can sometimes slide a little depending on the type of mattress you have - although Koala also sells non-slip pads that can help with mattress slipping.
  • The edges of the base are a bit hard according to some reviewers, and you’ll likely knock your shins on them from time to time.