The Lady Shake Questions & Answers

Chocolate, Coffee, Choc Mint, etc...

166 questions from our users

Kerry P.

Kerry P.asked

The Lady Shake

How long does it take before you see results or lose weight on the lady shake.

Hi Kerry,
Everyone is different so it is hard to say, however you if you follow our plan as best you can, you can see a dramatic change in weight, depending on how much weight you have to loose.
We like to base our weight loss goals on 1 to 2 kilos per week, which is a healthy rate.

Monique G.

Monique G.asked

The Lady Shake

I am beginning ivf within the next few months and wanting to lose a few kgs before hand should I use the lady shakes?

Susan

Susanasked

The Lady Shake

My husband is using the Manshake. Is there much difference between them . I’ve been having one a couple times a week.

Lorraine G

Lorraine Gasked

The Lady Shake

Can I drink the lady shake hot?

Renee G.

Renee G.asked

The Lady Shake

So I brought the lady shake and have the bars on the way. What best way to lose weight with them? As I want to lose about 70 kilos all up I know it will take a while but need to get into a routine so I follow it and keep it up. So need a food and exercise routine.
I also have a back problem so unable to do lifting.

Customer S.The Lady Shake

Hi Renee, congratulations on taking the first step!
Please email customerservice@theladyshake.com.au so we can assist you further :)

Pam B.

Pam B.asked

Hi Team
I’m just about to start this lady’s shake challenge, but I’m a bit unclear on the fasting days. Is it one shakes a day and handful of nuts or two shakes a day ?

Customer S.The Lady Shake

Hi Pam, welcome aboard :) The Fast days are only optional.
However, if you wanted to implement the fast days in your plan then you would do it on 2 non-consecutive days.
You should have 2 shakes and a handful of nuts, as well as plenty of water!

Bekk J.

Bekk J.asked

The Lady Shake

Why is the lady shake so thick? Am I doing something wrong?

Customer S.The Lady Shake

Hey Bekk, The Lady Shake is thick to keep you fuller for longer. However, if you want to make it thinner you can always add more water!

Sandra Clements

I don't like how the Lady Shakes must be tweaked to make them palatable. Add a banana or use less powder or add more water or use full cream milk????? Not for me. I followed the instructions on the package and couldn't drink the product. I tried really hard. I added coffee to the coffee shake to make it taste like coffee.....I used less powder, I used one Equal to make it a bit sweeter. I added banana to the banana shake and Equal; I added chocolate syrup to the chocolate shake to help it taste like chocolate. All the additives kind of defeat the purpose....for ME. I stress, this is my experience and someone else may find the product perfect the way it is.

Customer S.The Lady Shake

Hi Sandra...would you like to email us at customerservice@theladyshake.com.au and we can see what outcome you would like to resolve this? Thanks so much
TLS

Linda F.asked

The Lady Shake

If there is minimal amount of sugar in shakes and bars how come they are sickly sweet.

Customer S.The Lady Shake

The great news is there areplenty of things you can do to change the taste and texture of the Shakes, so give them a try and let me know how you go.

You can add a handful of frozen berries, 1/2 a banana or some mango.
You can also have the shake with milk (full cream) to change the flavour. Steer away from skim milk as it is higher in sugar. Unsweetened almond milk is another option for you.

Worst case scenario you can have 1 scoop of powder instead of 2.

I hope that you try these things as our Shakes are definitely the best meal replacement on the market from a nutritional point of view you just need to find the best way to make it work for you as taste is so subjective!

Let me know how you go and if I can help you further.

Linda F.

Standard answer for every query. The answer never changes. It is an automatic answer that appears with every query. I doubt that humans even read the questions.

Vera
Vera

They say 2.4% sugar per serve. Now looking at ingredients Stevia is included. Would not have bought if I knew that.

Kristieasked

Hi,
If I am only using 1 scoop of the lady shake powder and then mixing with water can you please tell me how many calories are in this? thank you

Sandra Clements

I’m not an expert but according to the back of the pack...2 scoops is 204 calories so 1 scoop would be 102 calories.

Danielle

Danielleasked

The Lady Shake

is it ok to take lady shake whilst on diabetic meds

Customer S.The Lady Shake

Hi Danielle.... thanks so much for the message. We recommend you discussing this with your local Pharmacist or GP in relation to how the ingredients in our Lady Shake may affect any medications you are currently taking. Once they say this is fine, if you have any more questions get back to us! Regards TLS

Alyssa.M

Alyssa.Masked

The Lady Shake

Just wondering if or how much caffeine is in the drink? I like to have a coffee and a shake in the morning I was ok with the celebrity slim one when having coffee but lady shake had more of the good stuff in it so I switched I just don’t like feeling too buzzed. Thanks

Hey Alyssa,
Our Shake contains trace amounts of green tea extract and about 0.5mg of caffeine per serve.

The Coffee Shake contains the equivalent caffeine of roughly 1 cup of coffee.

Amy K.

Amy K.asked

The Lady Shake

Is the vegan lady shake ok for keto diet?

Customer S.The Lady Shake

Hi Amy, Thanks for contacting us.
Yes! The Vegan Lady Shake is low enough in NET CARBS for the shake to be keto friendly.

Dellanie H.

Dellanie H.asked

The Lady Shake

Is only having one shake and one meal bad ? Or is it more beneficial to take two shakes and one meal a day. Wanting to lose weight

Jackie
Jackie

Two shakes and one meal or three shakes.You can move these around .If you find it hard to have three a day.

Customer S.The Lady Shake

HI Dellanie. Yes to get your metabolism moving, we recommend two shakes and one healthy meal per day, with snacks, to lose weight. We would be happy to email you a guide if you want one! Just email us at customerservice@theladyshake.com.au. Regards TLS

Maureen B

Maureen Basked

Chocolate

If you reach your goal weight do you discontinue and if so do you put the weight back on .?
Maureen

Customer S.The Lady Shake

Hi Maureen... most people cut back to one shake (replacing breakfast) and maintain their weight thru this.... but some people have also lost the weight and then completely transitioned to food well too! Personal preference!

Hanna

Hannaasked

The Lady Shake

Hi Iam so constipated after a week on this. I drink 2l of water and some cups 2- 3 coffee, mild,
It’s getting worse what to do

Customer S.The Lady Shake

This can be a normal part of any change in diet, especially one high in protein. It can often take time for your body to adjust and regulate.

Please ensure that you are drinking plenty of water, the recommended amount is around 2-3 litres per day. Fish oil tablets can also be extremely helpful and Metamucil from the pharmacy or supermarket will also help.

Rest assured this will pass - literally.

Exercise also plays a large part in keeping the bowel moving so make sure you are moving enough too. If possible, try to aim for 10 000 steps per day.

Lea-Anne B.
Lea-Anne B.

Hi Hahaha I have this product a great review on taste however my review was a little bit early. on the constipation subject I too became very compacted so much so I was full up to under my rib cage, I did all the right things as well ,I had to stop taking the product and I was looking for a money back guarantee but no such luck.... after 4 days of pain I got help .its not good to add more fiber unless you have more fluid or it will have the reverse effect...Movicol & pear juice are good to help relieve fecal matter talk to a medical person as this can become a huge problem...i have two half bags & 1 unopened bag plus some packets from a variety pack $ 180 worth of products plus two bars I am stuck with .something to look into next time if there is no money back guarantee then the makers are not standing behind their product ,real shame

Amanda
Amanda

I wouldn't drink it if you paid me, it tastes so yuck... $90 wasted... disgusting

Liz Gasked

The Lady Shake

When taking my lady shake, is it ok to add some collagen powder?

I don’t see why not :)

Sure can!

Liz G

Also is it ok to add half a banana in one shake and then a handful of berries in shake number 2?

Cheryl M.asked

The Lady Shake

This is my third weeks of taking the lady shake for breakfast and lunch only during the week weekends I don’t use the shakes but they are making me extremely hungry is this normal and what can I do to stop feeling so hungry in the weekends when I don’t have the shake I don’t feel this way.

Rachael G.

I have been experiencing the same thing ! What helped me was, I purchased some of the lady bars (The chocolate ones are delicious) as something to have in between my shakes to satisfy that hunger. At the end of the day you’re burning fat which makes you hungry and any diet is mind over matter. My snacking is quite hard to over come so I would either up the amount of lady shake you’re consuming in the one go, or have a healthy snack to have in between your shakes I.e lady bar, apple (full of fibre and filling), you can get protein packed snacks (protein balls are great and you can make them at home) that are filling and packed full of good stuff, or a salad of some sort. I’m not an expert myself but I hope this helps you!

Cheryl M.

Thank you that’s great I thought I was going something wrong thanks again

Customer S.The Lady Shake

It is often hard for your body to adjust to changes in diet and you may find yourself having fleeting feelings of hunger that can simply be attributed to your body's habit of eating.

You shouldn't feel hungry on the Lady Shake program as you should be having two shakes, one meal and two snacks. However, depending on what you were eating before it may take a little time for your body to adjust to the changes.

The best way to prevent hunger is to make sure you are drinking 2-3 litres of water per day. Often you might think you are hungry, but in fact, you are just thirsty.
Carry healthy snacks with you when you can - this may include a small handful (30g) of raw nuts (no peanuts), fruit (no more than 2 pieces per day), a small tin of tuna, boiled egg and any snacks from the "recommended snack list".

When eating your main meal, you can add extra non-starchy vegetables (mostly greens) and unlimited salad to your meal to keep you fuller for longer.

Casey N.

Casey N.asked

Hello,
My husband and I are looking into the Lady/Man shake...
I am 9 month post Gastric Sleeve surgery.
Looking into the nutritional aspects, it looks great, but just wanted to see what your thoughts are.
My other concern is the fact that my stomach doesn't hold as much as it used it, and therefore things like my water consumption is quite bad (should be better) but at the moment less then 1ltr.
Also, my husband has ordered our first set (His and Hers Pack) am I still able to sign up to the website to get the recipes etc.
Thank you so much.

Jodie K

Jodie Kasked

The Lady Shake

Hi there, I have just started using the Lady Shakes. I tried the chilled water and 2 scoops of powder but struggled to drink. I have today used a handful of berries, full cream milk and 1 scoop and found this to be absolutely delicious. Can I have the full cream milk and achieve the same results.

Amelia H.
Amelia H.

Hi Jodie, you will not get the same results with the milk, as this will be significantly increasing your calorie intake.

Jan w