4The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

melpmelpmelp
melpmelpmelp

Stan59
Stan59Hunter Region, NSW2 posts

I don’t want to live without my Otto

I’ve had my Otto since 2011, and it took some familiarisation to get the best out of it. Now, I can’t live without it. I love the SLOW ritual of the process of making a coffee. The machine is solidly made, beautiful in your kitchen and can give consistent cafe quality coffee. Get quality beans, use them fresh, preferably grind fresh for perfect extraction. I rarely buy coffee out anymore. I get best results with the companion induction plate. All up highly valued friend in my kitchen. Show details
Robyn
RobynHobart, TAS

Absolutely, totally thoroughly hopeless

Looks great. Otherwise a total dud. Uses MASSIVE amounts of coffee. The only time it makes decent cappuccino is in the tutorials. Waste of money unless it’s just for decoration. Show details
Tony F.
Tony F.

Incredibly happy with the Little Guy

I have been incredibly happy with the Little Guy, using it at least once a day for many years. It makes a delicious coffee, and with the option of heating and frothing the milk, it is truly a great device.

Only downside is the fineness of the bean it takes - if too fine (owners stupid mistake), the machine can blow a gasket - though they do offer a very good maintenance service. Show details

KevinJ
KevinJSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Great coffee machine can't live without it

This is a great coffee machine that works and works well. You do need a little practice and follow the instructions to get the best results. After sales service is exceptional and very quick. Show details
Simon
SimonPerth

Darc
Darc

Like No Other Coffee Maker You'll Find!

Bought it online from the awesome crew at The Bircher Bar and haven't ever regretted it for a second. It's a staple on my kitchen counter and makes the best home espresso I've ever had - time and time again. I've paired it with the Little Guy Induction Plate and Little Guy Tamper too - can't recommend more!

Paddy C
Paddy C

Excellent machine, excellent customer service

We have had our little guy since my 32nd birthday (5 years now), it has unfailingly made the best coffee and has been a pleasure to use (there is a learning curve, but online tutorials will have you making perfect coffee in no time).

My review was actually prompted by the customer service, having lost the boiler lid I called to see about a replacement... this was arranged and sent within 24 hrs!

Can’t say enough good things about the product or the customer service. Do yourself a favour, buy it!

Pete
PeteSouth-Eastern Region, NSW2 posts

Live off the the grid and this guy produces 2 every day for the last seven years

Its an absolute gem at pouring shots, so far over 5000. Good espresso maker to have as I live off the grid. Plus it comes camping with me.

I have a porlex hand grinder and Covea gas burner which you can regulate the heat realy well.

Have used it every day for the last seven years, this espresso machine would suit those who are pernikity about there coffee.

Ivy
IvySouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Excellent coffee

Ive given this 4 stars instead of five for one reason, that is that youshould really purchase the invertion cooking hob that is made especially for this, as initially using this on my gas stove, i became distracted and burnt out my little guy on not one but two seperate occaisions.

This can be fixed, but it is costly and it has to be sent away.

Now that I have the invertion cooking top it is perfect. Makes wonderful coffee. I am spoilt now as when I go to purchase a coffee from a cafe it is sometimes nt as good as I can make at home.

Duck
Duck

Can’t buy a coffee any more

Have been using the Little Guy for a couple of years now and the quality of the extraction is amazing, I am no longer able to buy coffee from our local cafes and we have a lot here in Alexandria ! I recon we save about $2k a year and drink the best coffee in town !

Mark
MarkGippsland, VIC23 posts

A modern style icon that makes superb espresso

Amazing stove top coffee that matches coffee shop brews. Just a beatiful machine, not cheap but this is top notch quality in every regard and the customer service from Little Guy is 10/10, friendly and helpful from people who are clearly passionate about espresso and this product. I love my Otto

Gopala
Gopala3 posts

MaryMimBell
MaryMimBell4 posts

We love Our Little Guy and can't imagine life without him!

I bought the Little Guy (Otto) as a present for a major birthday for my husband. We've had the machine now for at least 13 yrs. We love the coffee it makes and over the years we've fine-tuned our technique with all the variables. I'm astonished it's still going after all these years and with so much use - almost every day for 13 yrs!!! It's the best present my husband has ever received I'm sure!

Andy G
Andy GMelbourne

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how The Little Guy Home Barista Kit compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Michal
Michal

Best little brewer

A great machine to make a single cup of excellent coffee. Can make the most ordinary grind into very drinkable one and for a good bean, better than you get in a coffee shop. It retains the caramel flavours that larger machines loose. Well worth the spend. I have had it now for 10 years without a problem. I met the designer Craig at the Coffee and Chocolate Fair, at the Rocks, in Sydney before it was on the shelves and put it on order straight away. Haven't been disappointed.

JB43 posts

Bit disappointing

We bought this For our travelling lifestyle in NZ. Great at first then started to leak so replaced seals. We have had it 4 years and it certainly wasn’t cheap $1100. It now won’t steam and leaks at the bottom again. Have cleaned it and no sure what we can do next - really disappointed- any tips would be appreciated

Little Cloud
Little CloudWerribee

David M
David MSeddon3 posts

fergus
fergus

The Best Coffee Ever

The little Guy makes the best coffee I have ever tasted bar none. It took a while to learn the right technique but perseverance payed off. We originally purchased our little guy for our motorhome but after the Breville decided to die. The little Guy has now pride of place on the kitchen bench.

Dave
Dave

Takes a bit to master but worth every second!!

I have owned the Little Guy now for 3 years.

We had a hard start as I learnt how to get the right grind and heat out of my stove top but after about 6-8 coffees I was drinking the best coffee I’d ever had!

I still prefer it over getting a coffee.

This little fella is great value & will pro outlast me.

A great machine!

Grange
Grange

Tilly
TillyHunter Region, NSW

we love our Little Guy and our daily coffee ritual. Recently we had an issue but after problem solving with Craig all is well, just our inexperience. Big thank you Craig, we are back to beautiful crema and well textured milk. We look forward to many more years of coffee heaven. Jeanette and Lyn

Glo Grafik
Glo GrafikMelbourne
Cate
CateLondon

A Master Class in Coffee Making

It's functional, great looking and also demands its owner to really engage in the whole coffee making process. A wonderful kit that delivers gorgeous coffee and offers the fantastic experience of being a true connoisseur. Off course we want it too look great all the time on our stove so there's some commitment to keeping the Little Boy looking brand spanking, but again worth it. It's like taking care of a cool little vintage car that delivers a great experience. Indulge coffee maestros!

Isaac
Isaac2 posts

Expect to pay big on repairs

I’ve had this machine 3 Years - made a lot of coffee on it but it’s not worth the price tag or the repair bills - Since I’ve have this coffee machine the pressure valve has gone 3 times resulting in a $180 fix each time.

Get yourself an Atomic if your opting for a stovetop. The pressure valve on that one is much simpler to fix and can be done without opening the machine up.

Tina
Tina

Adore my Otto/The Little Guy

For more than 7 years my Otto has been pumping out delicious coffee. It’s a pleasure to use. Easy and maintains the romance and ritual of having a coffee, unlike those terrible push button pods that end up in landfill. Cleaning is easy too. Results doing a second cycle are variable because of having to cool the unit. But not a big deal for me as that’s rare. To boot the customer support is exceptional. Love this product!!

Damo.
Damo.Sydney6 posts

Lunny
Lunny2 posts

The best tasting coffee - bar none!

The coffee from the the little guy is just soooo good, and my partner agrees completely. I've had many a great coffee from cafe's and at home from other machines, but the flavour of coffee from the little guy beats all.

It's not difficult to use, especially with the induction heater, which I'd recommend.

Cleaning is a doddle, so easy to wipe over and such a smart looking item as well.

Equally important is Craig's after sales service. Simply awesome. It don't get any better than this!

PROS:-

Flavour+++

Easy to clean

Easy to use

Great looks

Portability

CONS:-

Not for pumping out one coffee after another.

Julie
Julie

Part of the family

Some things in life are actually perfect. Becoming famous for giving guests barista style coffee at home is one thing but waking up to this daily dose of bliss is a joy. It’s fun and easy to use. I never get sick of the process even though I’ve done it hundreds of times now. We take it away in our vintage caravan and we would miss it dreadfully if we went on holiday without it. Never had a bad coffee out of little Otto. I expect it will actually outlast me as it’s built to last. I can’t imagine anyone not being very happy to own this shiny little guy.

Steve
SteveHobart

Little Guy a Big Hit

Forget bulky alternatives this stove top unit is compact and has great aesthetics but most importantly produces a top quality brew.

I consider it without rival as home brewing device and when coupled with its own specially made induction stove top is easy to use, and also provides scope to tinker with timing tamp and grind. Based on an icon and with engineering from the 21st century this unit will completely satisfy the most discerning home barista.

Martina
MartinaMelbourne2 posts

Fantastic

Brilliant piece of engineering: looks great & will last for ever & makes the best coffee. Took a couple of goes to get the coffee the way I like it - but SO worth it. Downside- doesn't work on all induction tops so you need to buy the mini induction

Paul T
Paul T3 posts

Absolutely love it!!!

I bought my 'Little Guy' over 6 years ago when it was branded as 'The Otto'. It's still going strong and making a fabulous cup of coffee every time. The build quality is fantastic and great to see some fantastic ingenious Australian know how at work. I take it away on holiday to rental houses at the beach so I know my good coffee will always be available wherever I am. I'd actually be quite lost without it now as it's such a Sunday morning ritual now to fill up the tank, pack the basket with coffee and wait for that fantastic double shot to come through and then froth the milk. It's definitely a keeper.

Jimmy James
Jimmy JamesWhakatane

This is perfect we can't live without it . We are a long way from good coffee so for the two of us i

We Love the coffee this guy makes and we live a long way from some good black elixir so this little fella sets us up just great in the morning! Plus if the power is out there is always gas or fire so really this is an essential bit of kit for the zombie apocalypse.....

finooola
finooolaadelaide3 posts

Jimmy
Jimmy

Brilliant little coffee machine that makes brilliant coffee

Had this little guy for a while now, it's fantastic and makes delicious cappuccinos. Took some practice to perfect as it's not something that does the work for you but I like the ritual of my morning coffee.

Also Craig gave me personal customer service when I had a problem.

Aaron G
Aaron GCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC4 posts

Chris
ChrisPerth

Changed my coffee making/buying experience!

The Little Guy is easy to get going with straight away. However, did need some playing around with timings, dosage, tamping etc to get the best coffee. Once you've found that, the coffee is of a really high quality - the taste is so good that I now rarely buy coffees at cafes

It is easy to clean and keep looking pristine. My only problem was in cleaning up into the head itself

Big Nige
Big Nige

Cafe quality coffee on our road trip

When we decided to go on the road for a couple of years or so in our camper the hardest thing to leave behind was our home coffee machine. Having spent 10 years in North Carlton and learnt to both appreciate and make really good coffee we did our research to see how we could make great coffee on the road. That's when we came across The Little Guy. And we are delighted with our find. It makes top quality shots and steams the milk to velvety perfection. And we've also had superb after sales service from Craig.