4The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

89% · 16615 · 8%

Ace
AceRichmond-Tweed, NSW15 posts

Little Guy Blues

Had some issues with it since new, machine was replaced, steam wand still leaked. It finally blew and now at around 15 months old it won't work at all. Very stylish little stove top that when working makes a reasonable coffee but the quality and reliability is questionable. I have a 1960's Atomic that has never missed a beat. I'd say the little guy is Great when it works but is a poor imitation when compared to the real thing.

Mrs C
Mrs C3 posts

Gerry M
Gerry M3 posts

Beautiful and portable

I have had my Little Guy for over two year. Without fail it has provided excellent coffee. I love the fact there is a little art involved in achieving the perfect cup. But in the end it is very easy. Last year it travelled with me for ten months around Australia in my motor home and I never had to go without a good coffee. The amount of horrible coffees served on my trip by "cafes" and "road houses" was incredible. I high recommend the Little Guy for anybody who likes the art of coffee making.

Lisa NP
Lisa NP

The best espresso maker - practical and easy to use

We love our Little Guy and haven't stopped using it since Christmas. It's so easy to use with little cleaning needed. You can tell it's sturdy and well made and just love the look. We buy pre ground beans and the espresso is perfect with a great crema. I cant speak highly enough about the Little Guy - wish we had bought it sooner. This is one of my favourite kitchen appliances.

Alf
Alf

Jake
JakeQueensland, 40063 posts

Peter
Peter2 posts

Awesomeness

I have had my Little Guy for 2 years, I continue to have a love affair with what is the worlds sexiest coffee machine on a daily basis. With a bit of perfecting things and finding ther perfect coffee blend and milk, i can now make coffee better than any professional barister can.

Marchell.
Marchell.

Alex
Alex

Christa
ChristaQueensland
Eddie P
Eddie PPerth3 posts

Pure selfish indulgence clad in stainless steel

Before doing anything else, read the instructions and study the tutorials. The Little Guy rewards those that put the effort in with an espresso coffee bursting with a synergy of purity, intensity and class. Something this good unfortunately takes time so make sure to allocate a daily 'happy place' appointment to appreciate the best of life in a cup. The Little Guy is not for crowds, he knows his niche and doesn't make apologies to try be anything outside of design. Follow your inner voice and spoil yourself! Craig's Hiron's passion and dedication is reflected his customer service that is second to none. Thank you Craig for your past advice and help, this is the start of a lifetime Little Guy love affair...

baxter
baxter3 posts

In our top five favourite household items

The resulting coffee tastes great — better than most of the cafes within walking distance from home (except for one). We have used it pretty much every moirning since we got it. Once you get used to the routine which is very basic (easy after the first time) you just do the same thing. We use the companion induction stove top, which means just touching the on button, no fuss, perfect temperature. We have also used the induction top when our gas supply cut out — to cook bolognese sauce, and pasta, no mean feat! We travel with the kit, fantastic for country and beach holidays. Easy to clean, easier than a food processor. We love it.

Joness
Joness

We loveeeee our 'Little Guy'

We absolutely love our 'Little Guy', not only do we use it frequently at home we also take it camping... (well glamping)!

We have now purchased the induction top which took a little bit of getting used too, but well worth the purchase, we moved to a standard Gas cooker at home and found that the little guy didn't work to its potential hence the reason to purchase the induction top!

Thanks for all your help and support Craig!

Brett
Brett
Scott
ScottTathra

The ultimate coffee machine

Awesome coffee machine that produces great tasting coffee. Excellent crema, excellent steam pressure. We even take it in our caravan. We have had the machine for 6 years and it has worked flawlessly, until, last week. I got on the phone to the manufacturer who advised me to replace the pressure relief valve, $20. Easy to fix myself and it's back up and going.

Customer service is excellent!

GuyJ
GuyJ

Great machine

I purchased an 'Otto' over 5 years ago, after my Atomic started to struggle, and it just keeps getting better. Three things stand out about the Otto/TLG. First, it is an incredibly well crafted and beautifully designed machine. Second, the coffee it makes is rich and distinctive. It produces more than enough steam, although I initially struggled. This was because I started doing the milk to early. Once you get the timing right you will have no problems at all. Third, it is incredibly robust, and even better portable.

We use it multiple times each day. Love it

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how The Little Guy Home Barista Kit compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Samantha
SamanthaBrisbane2 posts

What ever did I do before the little guy came along?

I love my little guy. It's unique look makes it a talking piece of my kitchen when visitors come over. Thereafter, it doesn't disappoint with the coffee it makes. It's straight forward to use.

It's about as easy/ difficult to clean as any other coffee machine I've purchased in the past.

Pete
PeteCairns

JanetP
JanetP

No more take aways!

We love our Little Guy! The best 50th birthday present ever. The brew comes through richly filled with crema. A blast of milk and you will never buy a take away coffee again! It's beautiful design makes it a great appliance to have out. We use it daily and love it!

Deano
Deano

7 years of great coffee with the Otto

Once you get the formula together , Milk- tetra pk farm fresh. Grind- more on the finer side than course. Grinder - mini mazz . I have owned an otto for 7 years approx and I can make as good a coffee as a professional Barista every time . If your findind your coffee hit and miss then this product is not for you it takes a certain skill to master this machine , but once you do you wont go past the Otto .

I.T.Burns

CaptainDick
CaptainDick

LetsTalkMelbourne112 posts

LetsTalk

Did a bit more tamping and used half cold/half boiled water. Seemed to get better crema coming through. Although it seemed that after the beep and power is off, there is still more extraction that could come through (per my question)...

CaroliZe
CaroliZe

lesley
lesleyExeter

WOW I love the little guy

It is fantastic - no more trips to cafes - It can make it just as well as any cafe - well worth the money - I have already saved the price of the machine & induction pad in 4 months

The only minor problem is opening the port to put water in it is a bit fiddly - I have put on a mark to align the coffee handle thing with the base

soo
sooAU31 posts

Buy it

Wow, this machine really does make absolutely beautiful tasting coffee. I found it took a few trial runs at first, to tweak it to my liking. Of course, there is no doubt, this is a gorgeous looking object and another plus, it is so easy to keep clean, compared to my previous machines.The build quality appears to be of high standard so hopefully a long lasting product. Definitely recommended.

Happy Customer
Happy CustomerSouth Melbourne

A "Little Beauty" for real coffee

Beautiful design and show piece. Visitors are always in awe. Took a while to get the hang of using it but once mastered, the process although time consuming is a joy. Really informative web site and instruction book. When I had a small problem customer support was outstanding, taking the time to explain options to remedy the problem and extremely polite at the same time. Far superior to all those bulky machines and capsule units on the market, The induction unit is well worth the outlay and great to cook on as well. Very portable.

lucester
lucester4 posts

Pay.  N
Pay. N3 posts

Best coffee I've ever had

This makes better coffee than any I've bought in the store. Very simple to use and clean. Only thing to keep in mind is the preparation, process and cleaning time. You'll want to see aside 20 minutes if you're grinding beans on top of that. I love the whole process however and the result is well worth the effort. I use it almost daily and along with the induction tip it is so simple to use.

Bruce J
Bruce J3 posts

Little Guy Repeat Buy

I'm just about to buy my second one. No, nothing wrong with the first one, but that lives on our boat for perfect weekend coffees. After 6 months of weekend perfection, we now need one for home for our daily shots. Our regular "run of the mill" commercially available machine makes good coffee but it just does not measure up to the rich sweetness of the Little Guy extraction.

A great machine, looks great and well worth the money.

ChrisG
ChrisG
Watto
Watto

Best coffee maker ever

I've used the little guy every day since purchasing 4 years ago. it makes excellent coffee & is exceptional quality (It is built to last for years to come) I would highly recommend it to anyone. Great product, and definately worth the price. Have owned a more convential domestic machine around the same price point that fell to bits after a few years.

Also great for taking camping so you can have a proper flat white in the mornings!

Stan P.
Stan P.7 posts

This Little Guy is just faultless

The Little Guy home barista kit is just everything you need. Our Little Guy has been turning out coffees for over a year, perfect one day and better the next! Clean him up in about three minutes.

No moving parts.

He comes camping with us and warms up on a camping stove and if we are on 240 volt power the induction is there.

If all things were made to the standard of manufacture and performance as the Little Guy we would all be much happier.

Show reply

Tone
ToneSydney33 posts

Linda
Linda

Richard
RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Love my Little Guy !

It took me a while but I have finally mastered the Little Guy.How? Listening to Craig and his great support staff and using finely ground coffee purchased from my local coffee shop (Turkish Grade thanks to the guys at The Purple Moose in Alexandria). This machine not only makes great tasting coffee, it looks terrific.

Rowans H
Rowans HSydney

Sig
SigSydney, NSW3 posts

Great long black

I like my early morning long black. Once the coffee has been made I pour about 150ml of water in a small milk jug from an earlier coffee machine I used to own. I use the steaming arm to boll the water and add it to the coffee. This makes a good long black as I have had anywhere