4The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

89% · 16615 · 8%

Paul Martin
Paul MartinSydney2 posts

Fantastic little machine

Bought the little guy in early 2014. Lovely little machine sits on my kitchen bench. It does two fantastic lattes with a perfect extraction and plenty of steam to forth the milk. Get the induction top for perfect heat source every time. The machine it self is very easy to clean.
Good extraction and powerful steam nozzle, easy to clean
Only can make coffe for two people at a time :) the others can wait
Ajdean
AjdeanMelbourne

jim
jim

Great Coffee

Makes a lovely coffee, better than a conventional stove stop coffee maker. Learning/experimenting how to make the perfect cup was an enjoyable process (and easy to do with the internet; Ive learnt a lot about coffee since using this machine). And Ive recently found out The Little Guy is accompanied with great customer service too (thanks Teya).

Wim
Wim

Amazing

I have been using my Otto since October 2010, which sits beautifully on my wood stove and is used, without fail 3-4 times a day. Combined with freshly ground organic beans & good quality organic milk - this makes a royal morning ritual - every time!

This is a purchase for life and will make you really fussy next time you have a coffee elsewhere.
reliable, durable, beautiful

Amrita
AmritaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Cafe Quality Coffee

The Little Guy has been such a good investment. It's such a luxury to drink the perfect coffee at home and a lovely morning ritual. It took a little while to get the right technique but it was a fun challenge. It helped to see a demo at my local stockist. My tip - fill more and tamp less. It was indulgence to buy the stainless steel tamper but totally worth it. I also like the fact that it's compact and looks good too. And I have to mention the fantastic customer service - thank you!
Investment appliance, perfect coffee
Has turned me into a coffee snob!
ColinB
ColinBSydney

Andrew
Andrew

Gil Schilling
Gil Schilling2 posts

It's a cracker!

We have had our Little Guy (Otto originally) since they first came out. Sure they take a little time to adjust to ( what coffee machine doesn't), but the coffee and milk it does is fantastic. We take ours with us when ever we travel - even Japan! Wouldn't be without it. The after sales service and back up are great. An excellent Australian product.
Great coffee!

Alisdair BlackmanSydney, NSW2 posts

MC
MCCanberra

Love The Little Guy!

I have had the little guy for just about a year now and have enjoyed using it and drinking the lovely coffee it produces. I've had fun playing with the steamer and now can get a pretty good result and luscious froth. Had to replace the induction hob but this was done without any hassle and for free, can't argue with that so five stars for product & service from me. And it is one of the prettiest piece of kitchen equipment I've ever seen!
Its looks, its easy to use and the coffee is great.
shazi29
shazi29Perth, WA3 posts

Buy one

The Little Guy is fantastic; but for topnotch coffee you must practice, practice practice. The best shot comes from very finely ground coffee with the appropriate basket,this provides s lovely crema and supercharged coffee 'syrup', with a punch. My partner cannot believe how such a small amount of coffee can have such intense flavour.

Also their customer service is awesome, I have been in touch twice now and have had instant replies My latest problem was a lost steamer tip (after cleaning), I am getting a free replacement straight away. Awesome guys many thanks.
Investment for life, expensive electrical machines pack it in after a few years, this is a family heirloom just like the Atomic

camper
camper

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how The Little Guy Home Barista Kit compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

AH
AHPerth, WA5 posts

WORST COFFEE FOR ALL THE EFFORT

Purchased this as a present for Christmas for my partner makes the smallest amount of coffee and very hard to make even with the induction pad. we had the original Atomic which seems to work much better. For the price I don't think the little guy was value at all. I think there may be better options out there
the stainless steel
to small and difficult to make decent coffee.
s.woodward
s.woodward

Are you interested in selling it then? I'm looking for a second hand machine :-)

swissjoe
swissjoeAU16 posts

Leigh
LeighSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

John
John

Wow great coffee

I have been looking for an expresso machine for some time, reading reviews and talking to friends that have tried various machines. I did not want a big machine that takes up too much room on the bench and cost a fortune. I found the little guy, checked out the reviews and then I was able to go to a workshop. The coffee was brilliant, easy to make as I included the induction plate, beautiful to look at and compact. My wife and I love a coffee first thing, perfect for us and and this machine is so easy to clean. I love it.
Easy to use, great coffee, compact
You must get induction plate for fool proof coffee
GregW
GregWBrisbane2 posts

Linda Saunders
Linda SaundersMelbourne

Excelent Product with a Professional team behind it

I have 30 years of hospitality behind me and when I say that the Otto makes a perfect coffee , I stand by that. Must buy the induction plate that makes the timing process perfect, and once you get a hang of using it, you will ecome the A 1 barista. The extraction is incredible, and the milk produced from the steamer amazing. Buy it , learn it, and you are going to drink coffee that cannot be matched by the cafes out there. Its a brilliant design and perfect for those who do not drink alot of coffee, although I seem to be making more because of friends who have tried it. Its a sexy looking machine that takes up little room. i have also saved so much money not hunting around for the desperately needed perfect coffee fix every morning.

Best Espresso Ever
Best Espresso EverAU

dustypink
dustypinkSydney4 posts

I love this

I've had mine for 3 years now, I think, and I love it. You do need a proper grinder and I have an electric stovetop which might help. There's no good coffee where I live and I have a really small kitchen, so this was a total godsend for weekends. I find the company really good to deal with too. Eg, the rubber head seal wore out after a couple of years, so I rang up to order a new one, expecting to pay for it. They sent me a new one for free, plus a new set of baskets that fit better. And the woman I spoke to was really sweet.
Low maintenance, beautiful, reliable.
It's a bit of a faff if you want to make more than 2 coffees. You have to cool it down first.
Mish Downey
Mish DowneyAU

Worse $900 ever spent!

Returned first machine as water would leak from bottom of machine all over stove top & not produce coffee. Replacement machine produced enough steam to froth milk for first 10 cups of coffee then stopped! Now a year later am throwing machine away as cannot put metal cap back into water capsule. Not happy with the machine
The look of it is very nice
Kate
Kate

Just having the same problem.... My machine is only 2months old and the steamer is not working :( . I do hope it can be repaired as I have until now absolutely enjoyed my morning coffees

Mcoffee
McoffeeSydney2 posts

Yes it produces great coffee!

Purchased the otto due to limited bench, making a pump machine impractical. I don't like the flavour from the Nespresso or similar machines so went looking for another option. I was sceptical, but after being given a demonstration I was convinced! The coffee flavour is excellent, thick and rich. You need a decent grinder to get consistent results, I would budget for one if you don't already own one. It takes awhile to get the right grind/tamp combo right to get the best results, but when you do it's fantastic.
Small, produces excellent coffee & looks stunning.
Only produces 2 shots at a time & then must be cooled before producing more. Tales some patience to get the best result.
Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines