The Optical Superstore Questions & Answers

Physical store, Online store
Brand Manager for The Optical Superstore? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4 questions from our users

Darrell B
Darrell Basked
The Optical Superstore

I have used Optical Super Store for many years with no significant problems. I recently had my second cataract surgery so needed glasses for reading and monitor. The salesperson convinced me that I needed two pairs of progressive glasses, one "inside" pair and one "screen/reading". I prepaid the full cost, around $380. I collected both pairs on Friday 26th Feb. I have a bad habit of losing glasses, so always use neck straps. On Wednesday 3rd March, I discovered that one lens had fallen out of the "inside" pair during a visit to a local shopping centre. (no hope of finding).
I returned to the store and explained that the lens fell out in less than a week and I would like it replaced.
The assistant was quite aggressive and denied any responsibility, quoting $85 to replace the lost lens.
I stated that it surely would be covered by warranty. She again denied any responsibility.
I have considered taking it up with Consumer Affairs (or whatever they are called now)
Darrell.

Jeff C.
Jeff C.

it seems that their service is shoddy too at the store that sold you your glasses, lesson to be earnt plenty of other optometrists that probably would love your business

Unhappy52
Unhappy52asked
Physical store

If I purchases glasses through you what happens if I have a problem with the glasses? How long will you fix them?

Brett.R
Brett.R

Anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks and guaranteed to break again within a couple of weeks

Bill
Billasked
The Optical Superstore

Can you give a certificate of ability to drive car?

Damien K.

Each state in Australia has slightly different rules regarding sight testing for drivers licenses and it is advisable to contact your appropriate department to ask these FAQ’s. In NSW, if you need to undertake a full eye test to determine if you require prescription glasses to wear while driving, then you must get an appointment with an optometrist so that they can prescribe glasses as well as sign off on the document that needs to be submitted to Services NSW to complete your application for a drivers licence

Lynne
Lynneasked
The Optical Superstore

Anyone had issues with lens coating its like its peeling off?

Bradstone
Bradstone

No, but mine wore off just through normal every day wear, and cleaning. (I can be vigorous with a cloth)

Comet
Comet

Yes, my husband is on his 3rd pair, all doing the same thing

Damien K.

If you have purchased a lens coating that eliminates reflection, then there are a few things that you need to do so that the coating can last longer. Firstly, clean your glasses with ingredients that are pH neutral, non alcoholic, ammonia, or acetone based as all these things will break down the coating. Never use hot water and soap and never leave your glasses directly in a hot environment (eg dashboard of car). These will destroy your glasses. Use tissues that Don’t have oils or fragrances to wipe the lenses, microfibre cloths are ok, provided they are clean and NEVER use your clothes to clean your glasses.

Other Optical Retailers