The Optical Superstore

The Optical Superstore (page 2 of 3)

Physical store, Online store
Brand Manager for The Optical Superstore? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Michael
MichaelORMISTON

Staff with Attitude

I have ordered Contact Lenses for the last three years and today there was an issue with the website so I called the Capalaba Store. Natalie informed me that she could order them in but that as my prescription expired on the 1st of July, I must have an eye exam. I informed her that I don,t need a prescription on the online store and she informed me that I do. The issue is that when I told her she was misinformed, she frankly stated she is not and I am welcome to go back to the website and try and if I get away with it then good luck to me. This type of attitude is uncalled for and I will look to take my business elsewhere.

Bellajaspar
BellajasparAU

Ok service and eye exam but absolutely terrible glasses and lenses.

Both my wife and I went into the Booragoon store and selected frames and had eye tests. My wife's lenses lasted three months and are scratched and unusable...the frames are hopeless and unserviceable. My glasses are similarly useless with the added fact they don't focus on what I wanted them for..too late so sad. Overall, this years experience with them is 100% worse than we had last year...otherwise why did we go back? Very disappointed with the product and recommendations. Whatever happened between the last year and now has clearly impacted on their ability to provide an acceptable product... we won't be returning.

Pathetic

I ordered a pair of glasses from the Albury optical superstore they took a month to arrive properly first I had to ring store after hearing nothing for 2 weeks they apologized and said they were sitting in lab with no name on them and they didnt have my phone number written down properly then promised in a week had to call in ten days it seems they sent wrong script so offered them to me anyway then offered to redo them and give them to me for free like it was a gift
It was poor service then after a bad review on local guide I was harassed to take it down because after all I got the glasses for free...sorry business gone wont be back again.

Service lacking

I found the staff at Riverlink lacking manners and good customer service to busy being argumentative instead of listening. I will never go back.

Cathy
Cathywagga

Sun glasses tint is terrible! Staff difficult

The Saint
The SaintGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Professional

At the Wagga store, there is an attitude of professionalism and pride demonstrated by the ladies. There is always a friendly welcome and helping nature. I am always impressed by the staff who work as a team and ensure their customers are treated well. Have only ever tried one other outfit years ago, and would never swap now from OS. Excellent service, knowledge, guidance, prices.

Ken A
Ken A

Excellant Sevice but product expensive

Been going to Optical Warehouse for 12 years - Have always found their service very good - this time I required a change of prescription in my glasses and I found their product very expensive after seeing adverts from other companies. Advise is to check around before committing,

jen
jenbrisbane

Would like to receive goods as ordered

Did not receive the frames I picked out. A family member and myself paid for transition lenses but received multicoated. Was informed that we could receive the lenses we ordered if we paid an additional $60 each. Was not offered lenses as ordered as a replacement as it was another staff member's mistake. Was not offered refund so we could go to another optometrist service.

Can see through the glasses

Excellent Service by Staff Member Danni

I hv been a customer for nearly 25 years and had issues with the last pair I purchased from Optical Superstore. I hv been going to the store ever since and almost everyone had served me trying to fix the problem. They changed the nose pads etc but nothing they did fixed the problem until I saw Danni. She took ownership and did everything possible to help me and finally the problem is fixed. She is truly amazing and I wish to say a Big Thank you to Danni for all her efforts and help to see the customer walk out happily. She is truly an asset to Optical Superstore Knox

Andrew
AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding Service from the Morayfield centre

paul.wan3
paul.wan3Victoria, Australia

Bad attitude saleswoman

Used to love this store in knox. Went to enquire about new specs and eye test. Was spoken to like a child with a stern look down attitude. Didnt want to check what i am entitled to under my private health insurance. Keep insisting that i get eye check first before she tell me more. No wonder they were quiet although another store nearby was full of people. Maybe she was having a bad day but i am not in a hurry to come back.

Find out how The Optical Superstore compares to other Optical Retailers

Morley WA - The best Opticians period.

Went into The Optical Superstore Morley and after a single eye test reduced my power and helped me see better at the same time. Friendly, helpful.. all of that however after struggling with another retailer prescribing constantly stronger and stronger lenses they are a breath of fresh air. Subsequent appointments from other opticians in the branch have confirmed they are the best opticians that I have ever experienced.

Bradstone
BradstoneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Failed 4 times.

I was a loyal customer for years. Then, 4 years in a row they messed up my glasses or test. The last one was when I picked a frame, but got a call a few days later saying there was a problem and I had to go in and choose a smaller frame. Couldn't get a straight answer from them, so I assume their laboratory messed up and tried to save money by getting me to pick a smaller frame. I have moved on.

Greg
GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service

I initially had a problem with one of their advertised specials...the salesgirl instore said they couldn't do the multicoat despite it being advertised as being included. I left a complaint on the website and then decided to call the store manager...he resolved the matter within minutes and then the state manager contacted me to make sure I was happy....GREAT service, fast response from management. The glasses arrived within a week and quality seems fine so I have no hesitation recommending them :o)

Bill
Billbrisbane

Prescription Glasses

Chris T
Chris T

Great service and with a smile

I got a lovely surprise when I took my glasses in to the Plaza store at Maroochydore to have the arm screwed back on and found I didn't have to pay! The assistant, Christine, was very efficient as she had them repaired in what seemed like seconds and also did some adjustments and they fit better than ever. Christine remembered me from the different l store I bought the glasses at over a year ago! It's great to receive such friendly and helpful service and reconfirms why we shop at Optical Superstore . Can highly recommend!

Great Staff & Customer Service

Very happy with the service I received. I had Pam help me & she was so helpful. This store has a huge range of frames.
Highly recommend Knox City Optical Superstore

John
John

Ripped off once again

I visited the moray field store checked the price I would have to pay prior to eye test, agreed on price and glasses , organised eye test ready to pay for glasses price increased from $360 to $553 after arguing with saleswoman left feeling ripped off. Never go back.

emyoma
emyomaNew South Wales

Perfect for our four-eyes family

One stop optometrist and optical dispenser! Staff are fabulous with my 9yo, repairs are easy, my health fund has 'no gap' with this franchise, lenses are much better quality than Specsavers. These guys have served out large family well! Thanks Optical Superstore+

Terayz Kathryn
Terayz KathrynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good company. marketings an issue

Lenses are high quality.
Frames vary.
They ve always been very fair, i think marketing isnt always clear which just upsets customers and frustrate staff who are in the firing line as they have to explain confusing deals. and they ' ve been getting pummeled by spec savers for years.

I' ve met some amazing patient talented staff there.

Butterfly
ButterflyHervey Bay

Terrible service

Globetrotting Steve
Globetrotting SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bucking the Trend - Adelaide Rundle Place

SullyL
SullyL

HBF fully covered my glasses, THEY riped me of $160 extra in gap fees, found out to late.

Bi focal glasses basic lens and free HBF covered frames, Yet they said my level of cover did not fully cover the cost, The Morley WA store charged me an extra $160, This year they did the same only I said no, I am going to shop around for a cheaper deal, A store in same Galleria shopping complex Morley settled the deal for me with out ANY gap as they told me I was fully covered by my health fund................I will be demanding the money they over charged me last year today, wish me luck.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Really positive experience at TOSS Myer Centre, Brisbane

Pleasantly surprised by The Optical Superstore in the Myer Centre. After looking at a $450 gap on Tiffany glasses and lenses at OPSM, I took my OPSM prescription to TOSS and was told I could get a pair of Oroton frames with new lenses for $85. When picking them up 13 days later, they adjusted them to my face and they feel good. I had been worried the lens quality might be less than OPSM but they seem great (-6.00). Definitely worth a look for the bespectacled.

Other Optical Retailers