Physical store, Online store
Brand Manager for The Optical Superstore? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Unacceptable lab work!

The staff were great and just as frustrated and disappointed as I was, with the the bad quality my glasses were when they were returned by the lab after new lenses were put in. It was the third time and they still couldn't send me proper lenses in my frames. That was the second time I returned them for the same reason while under warranty (slight fogginess on lenses) The first was 7-8 months ago ,and even back then, they had to be sent back , because the lab didn't have the correct prescription. I had to ask for my money back. The manager felt very badly as it was inexcusable.

john
johnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hyper dome store

So disappointed with a no go attitude . as I had wonted new frame . I had broken the arm .so is all I was after new frame. But optical superstore in inala help and found 2 new frames .so hyperdome optical superstore need to be better service. Was told couldn't help only send them somewhere else to be fix. Very unskilled .

MartyDarling Downs, QLD

How much longer do I need to wait.

Store LocationKearneys Spring Qld 4350
Marty

Finally picked up my glasses on the 20th March 2021. Just a couple of days shy of 3 months from the initial contact.

Jeff C.Mid North Coast, NSW

shoddy service

Daisy F.
Daisy F.South East Queensland, QLD

selling used dirty frames

Theft - False advertising - Terrible

I ordered my Hugo Boss frames through Optical Superstore on 31st Jan 2020 and paid 75. Weeks later and only after enquiring a number of times asking why they hadn’t been delivered my email was eventually answered, it said that the item had been sold out and asked me if i wanted an alternative, I didn’t. I then emailed them back a further 3 times asking for a refund. Over a week later I received a further email to inform me that my refund had been issued and that it would be in my account within 4 day. 8 days later i am still waiting for my refund 7/03/20. I have emailed every day since asking why I haven’t had my refund, NO REPLY! They are not to be trusted. Be warned! I am now taking further measures to recover my money.

d.m.
d.m.South East Queensland, QLD

Won’t go back ever

Arrived on time for my appointment
Staff condescending, rude
Waited 45 minutes whilst staff chatted with optician
Obviously staff consider customer service beneath them
Will never go back
Pines store Elanora
There are other options in the Pines
Avoid the opticle superstore

Chris
ChrisQueensland

TV Add.

TV. Add is pathetic and annoying. Staff ignored our presence after waiting for quite a while so we walked out never to return. We wont be going back to this company better service elsewhere

Joan
JoanMurray Region, NSW

Glasses out of focus

Glasses were out of focus
They were sent back but came back just the same
I could see better out of my very old pair than I could out of the new ones from optical ones

Graham Swift
Graham SwiftMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Staff no support !

Went in to get glasses for myself and wife. Wanted advice over two for one offer and the poor attempt at service was appalling. Treated like a fool for asking questions. Will never go back to that shop.

Brett.RCentral Queensland, QLD

Life changing! For all the wrong reasons!

Pathetic service, treated like a child, l was told I must be putting my glasses on top of my head, when if knowing my prescription it’s the last place I would put them!Substandard product. 8 week wait between 2 warranty issues for work safety glasses

Comet
Comet

Will NEVER go back!

Waste of money

I bought my specs from the Kippa Ring store 7 months ago. They seemed fine at first but that didn't last long, esp coz I have nerve damage due to a congenital brain condition. I went to OPSM for a second opinion coz I bought glasses from them before, & they told me that the left lens was weak & that's my good eye. I gave Optical a copy of the script from OPSM & they said there's nothing they can do about it. I didn't want a refund I just wanted glasses coz I can't see without them but all they seem to care about is money. They stuffed up my script & now I have to suffer for another year. Cheap but crap glasses. Never using them again.

Youtuber
YoutuberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible rude staff at elanora not the first time I’m never going back

The staff were condescending the first time I went, but thinking the glasses looked ok I persevered and booked an eye test online.

I was a few minutes late as it was a busy day and I couldn’t get a car park and am slow to walk being disabled. They wouldn’t listen to my reasons and cancelled my appointment without offering another. The staff were rude and unhelpful rolling their eyes when they thought I wasn’t looking. Truly AWFUL experience that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy I will never set foot in that store again and nor will my friends or family.

Brat
BratCairns

Disgusting.

Darrell B
Darrell Basked
The Optical Superstore

I have used Optical Super Store for many years with no significant problems. I recently had my second cataract surgery so needed glasses for reading and monitor. The salesperson convinced me that I needed two pairs of progressive glasses, one "inside" pair and one "screen/reading". I prepaid the full cost, around $380. I collected both pairs on Friday 26th Feb. I have a bad habit of losing glasses, so always use neck straps. On Wednesday 3rd March, I discovered that one lens had fallen out of the "inside" pair during a visit to a local shopping centre. (no hope of finding).
I returned to the store and explained that the lens fell out in less than a week and I would like it replaced.
The assistant was quite aggressive and denied any responsibility, quoting $85 to replace the lost lens.
I stated that it surely would be covered by warranty. She again denied any responsibility.
I have considered taking it up with Consumer Affairs (or whatever they are called now)
Darrell.

Jeff C.

it seems that their service is shoddy too at the store that sold you your glasses, lesson to be earnt plenty of other optometrists that probably would love your business

Unhappy52
Unhappy52asked
Physical store

If I purchases glasses through you what happens if I have a problem with the glasses? How long will you fix them?

Brett.R

Anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks and guaranteed to break again within a couple of weeks

Bill
Billasked
The Optical Superstore

Can you give a certificate of ability to drive car?

Damien K.
Damien K.

Each state in Australia has slightly different rules regarding sight testing for drivers licenses and it is advisable to contact your appropriate department to ask these FAQ’s. In NSW, if you need to undertake a full eye test to determine if you require prescription glasses to wear while driving, then you must get an appointment with an optometrist so that they can prescribe glasses as well as sign off on the document that needs to be submitted to Services NSW to complete your application for a drivers licence

See all The Optical Superstore questions