Physical store, Online store
Brand Manager for The Optical Superstore? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mizery
MizeryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripping of the blind

I have mono vision yet i have to pay full price for lenses when they put.glass as other lens
This is a blatant ripp off for the vision impaired
Its all about the $$$ stuff the disabled....

susan
susan

Service is awful.

The lady was pushy in an aggressive way. Pushes you to pick a pair of glasses to what she wants you to buy. They are not as good as they used to be. Will try other stores. Cheaper doesn’t mean it’s the best way to go.
I know COVID has been hard but she was horrible and not very understanding or caring.

Store LocationEdwardstown SA

7 minutes

Called to make an appointment. Was offered cancelled appointment that day which I took. Arrived 7 minutes late to find my appointment had. Wen given to someone else. Wasted journey ( on my lunch break) no phone call, no offer of another appointment. Lost business.

Service lacking

I found the staff at Riverlink lacking manners and good customer service to busy being argumentative instead of listening. I will never go back.

Optical Retailers

Find out how The Optical Superstore compares to other Optical Retailers

Bradstone
BradstoneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Failed 4 times.

I was a loyal customer for years. Then, 4 years in a row they messed up my glasses or test. The last one was when I picked a frame, but got a call a few days later saying there was a problem and I had to go in and choose a smaller frame. Couldn't get a straight answer from them, so I assume their laboratory messed up and tried to save money by getting me to pick a smaller frame. I have moved on.

John
John

Ripped off once again

I visited the moray field store checked the price I would have to pay prior to eye test, agreed on price and glasses , organised eye test ready to pay for glasses price increased from $360 to $553 after arguing with saleswoman left feeling ripped off. Never go back.

Reading glasses I purchased from your company which cost me in excess of $300

Terrible service in replacement parts I would never purchase from you again and would inform family and friends not to purchase anything without checking the conditions. I purchased a frame in excess of $300 and received 12 months warranty same as if I had purchased a $90 pair? And the staff member I spoke to was rather rude and offered very little help. The part I required was going to cost $150 robbery.

PMChong
PMChongSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely poor service

Darrell B
Darrell Basked
The Optical Superstore

I have used Optical Super Store for many years with no significant problems. I recently had my second cataract surgery so needed glasses for reading and monitor. The salesperson convinced me that I needed two pairs of progressive glasses, one "inside" pair and one "screen/reading". I prepaid the full cost, around $380. I collected both pairs on Friday 26th Feb. I have a bad habit of losing glasses, so always use neck straps. On Wednesday 3rd March, I discovered that one lens had fallen out of the "inside" pair during a visit to a local shopping centre. (no hope of finding).
I returned to the store and explained that the lens fell out in less than a week and I would like it replaced.
The assistant was quite aggressive and denied any responsibility, quoting $85 to replace the lost lens.
I stated that it surely would be covered by warranty. She again denied any responsibility.
I have considered taking it up with Consumer Affairs (or whatever they are called now)
Darrell.

Jeff C.
Jeff C.

it seems that their service is shoddy too at the store that sold you your glasses, lesson to be earnt plenty of other optometrists that probably would love your business

Unhappy52
Unhappy52asked
Physical store

If I purchases glasses through you what happens if I have a problem with the glasses? How long will you fix them?

Brett.R
Brett.R

Anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks and guaranteed to break again within a couple of weeks

Bill
Billasked
The Optical Superstore

Can you give a certificate of ability to drive car?

Damien K.
Damien K.

Each state in Australia has slightly different rules regarding sight testing for drivers licenses and it is advisable to contact your appropriate department to ask these FAQ’s. In NSW, if you need to undertake a full eye test to determine if you require prescription glasses to wear while driving, then you must get an appointment with an optometrist so that they can prescribe glasses as well as sign off on the document that needs to be submitted to Services NSW to complete your application for a drivers licence

See all The Optical Superstore questions