Physical store, Online store
Brand Manager for The Optical Superstore? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mizery
MizeryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripping of the blind

I have mono vision yet i have to pay full price for lenses when they put.glass as other lens
This is a blatant ripp off for the vision impaired
Its all about the $$$ stuff the disabled....

Anthony D.
Anthony D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Such wonderful staff

Visited the optical superstore in Port Macquarie for a recurring erosion of my eye. The optometrist was amazing. Reassuring, caring, and professional. I cannot recommend highly enough. 10/10.

Michael
Michael

Great service & product

Very obliging staff and the optometrist listens & spends time going through all aspects .The quality of our glasses is exceptional. Highly recommend.

susan
susan

Service is awful.

The lady was pushy in an aggressive way. Pushes you to pick a pair of glasses to what she wants you to buy. They are not as good as they used to be. Will try other stores. Cheaper doesn’t mean it’s the best way to go.
I know COVID has been hard but she was horrible and not very understanding or caring.

Store LocationEdwardstown SA

Carrie
CarrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always helpful

Every time I have had to go in with a problem with my glasses, from my undoing, they have always helped to rectify the issue with no questions asked. The selection they have, I find is a lot suited to my face.

Carolyn K.
Carolyn K.South East Queensland, QLD

I have never had a problem

I have had my eyes tested every two years, and glasses updated at the Australia Fair store for the past 6 years and have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. I have to wear multi focals and they are perfect. I also have computer glasses and prescription sunglasses from the same store and love them. No issues or complaints from me.

Why I keep coming back

Never had a problem in booking a suitable time for eye tests. Always found staff to be professional and friendly. Staff also knowledgeable in explaining how deals work with my private health insurance. Good range of affordable frames. Good value for money.

Store LocationBrookside

7 minutes

Called to make an appointment. Was offered cancelled appointment that day which I took. Arrived 7 minutes late to find my appointment had. Wen given to someone else. Wasted journey ( on my lunch break) no phone call, no offer of another appointment. Lost business.

Excellent outcome from my poor choice of frames

Service lacking

I found the staff at Riverlink lacking manners and good customer service to busy being argumentative instead of listening. I will never go back.

The Saint
The SaintGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Professional

At the Wagga store, there is an attitude of professionalism and pride demonstrated by the ladies. There is always a friendly welcome and helping nature. I am always impressed by the staff who work as a team and ensure their customers are treated well. Have only ever tried one other outfit years ago, and would never swap now from OS. Excellent service, knowledge, guidance, prices.

Excellent Service by Staff Member Danni

I hv been a customer for nearly 25 years and had issues with the last pair I purchased from Optical Superstore. I hv been going to the store ever since and almost everyone had served me trying to fix the problem. They changed the nose pads etc but nothing they did fixed the problem until I saw Danni. She took ownership and did everything possible to help me and finally the problem is fixed. She is truly amazing and I wish to say a Big Thank you to Danni for all her efforts and help to see the customer walk out happily. She is truly an asset to Optical Superstore Knox

Andrew
AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding Service from the Morayfield centre

Morley WA - The best Opticians period.

Went into The Optical Superstore Morley and after a single eye test reduced my power and helped me see better at the same time. Friendly, helpful.. all of that however after struggling with another retailer prescribing constantly stronger and stronger lenses they are a breath of fresh air. Subsequent appointments from other opticians in the branch have confirmed they are the best opticians that I have ever experienced.

Bradstone
BradstoneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Failed 4 times.

I was a loyal customer for years. Then, 4 years in a row they messed up my glasses or test. The last one was when I picked a frame, but got a call a few days later saying there was a problem and I had to go in and choose a smaller frame. Couldn't get a straight answer from them, so I assume their laboratory messed up and tried to save money by getting me to pick a smaller frame. I have moved on.

Darrell B
Darrell Basked
The Optical Superstore

I have used Optical Super Store for many years with no significant problems. I recently had my second cataract surgery so needed glasses for reading and monitor. The salesperson convinced me that I needed two pairs of progressive glasses, one "inside" pair and one "screen/reading". I prepaid the full cost, around $380. I collected both pairs on Friday 26th Feb. I have a bad habit of losing glasses, so always use neck straps. On Wednesday 3rd March, I discovered that one lens had fallen out of the "inside" pair during a visit to a local shopping centre. (no hope of finding).
I returned to the store and explained that the lens fell out in less than a week and I would like it replaced.
The assistant was quite aggressive and denied any responsibility, quoting $85 to replace the lost lens.
I stated that it surely would be covered by warranty. She again denied any responsibility.
I have considered taking it up with Consumer Affairs (or whatever they are called now)
Darrell.

Jeff C.
Jeff C.

it seems that their service is shoddy too at the store that sold you your glasses, lesson to be earnt plenty of other optometrists that probably would love your business

Unhappy52
Unhappy52asked
Physical store

If I purchases glasses through you what happens if I have a problem with the glasses? How long will you fix them?

Brett.R
Brett.R

Anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks and guaranteed to break again within a couple of weeks

Bill
Billasked
The Optical Superstore

Can you give a certificate of ability to drive car?

Damien K.
Damien K.

Each state in Australia has slightly different rules regarding sight testing for drivers licenses and it is advisable to contact your appropriate department to ask these FAQ’s. In NSW, if you need to undertake a full eye test to determine if you require prescription glasses to wear while driving, then you must get an appointment with an optometrist so that they can prescribe glasses as well as sign off on the document that needs to be submitted to Services NSW to complete your application for a drivers licence

See all The Optical Superstore questions