The Original PC Doctor

See the Best Phone / Computer Repair Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by The Original PC Doctor

Gavin b.
Gavin b.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid this mob

Unhappy CustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Didn't turn up to appointments

I couldn't get an appointment within 24 hours as advertised. Made an appointment nearly 48hrs later for 1.30pm and told I was getting the "best " Apple " tech. He rang at 1.30 pm to tell me he would be there at 2.30pm and would " be on his way soon." He didn't turn up and rang at 3.45 pm to again tell me he was on his way. I asked for a discount due to being mucked around. He didn't know what to say and agreed to ring me back. He hasn't rung back or turned up.
I've missed a Xmas function because of him and am now going into hospital with a lap top that isn't functioning properly.
The contact number to ring is simply an answering service so there was no way to sort this at the time.
Now waiting to see IF they TRY and charge me.

R J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

What a joke! Don't waste your time!!

Just wow! States they can repair MACs and have a centre in Penrith with experts, but when I called said 'they neither have a centre in Penrith nor have MAC technicians' !!! What's hilarious about this is that I was actually ringing to offer them 3 perfectly good MACs for free, to use for parts or sell or whatever. They lady on the phone sounded all too happy to fob off a customer. Remove the lies on your website!!

R J.

Do yourself a favour and go with anyone else

Phone / Computer Repair Services

Find out how The Original PC Doctor compares to other Phone / Computer Repair Services

Stole laptop and won’t return calls

My daughters laptop was picked up weeks ago. Was told it would be ready by the weekend ( 3 days)... it’s been over two weeks. I rang up friday and they said it would be delivered to me by 11am Saturday.
Saturday came and by 3pm I gave them a call to find out where my laptop it. The man said he would get someone from the company to call me. I said “ if your not from the company then who are you?”. (Looks like the pc doctors just outsource someone to do the job for them). So who knows where my laptop is now.
They have stolen my laptop and I have no option to now go to police to report theft.

Denise H.

And when I call that number, (which I have like 20 times), they don’t even know who the manager is!! My calls are just going to some outsourced company who know nothing and just tell me they will pass on a message.

PETER
PETERVictoria

Not interested in service just the money they can extract from you

I call the PC Doctor for a quotation. I told them I have purchased a genuine keypad for my computer and wanted a quote to fit it. They responded by telling me that they have to order the parts for the computer and can not install my genuine part. Which is ridicules and outright poor service.
They say they are experienced technicians, if so why can't they quote a fixed price for such a simple repair.
Sad..

John P.The Original PC DoctorSend a private message

Contact person was impatient and aggressive

The person called kathy sounded really impatient and aggressive when calling while I was so patient to look for details she need, and it was quick. Did not contact within 30 minutes either and just not worth my time to contact with.

Joe
Joe

Important to understand what a customer needs - greed is not good.

I inquired about some help to restore some old laptops. I was followed up by a Kathy repeatedly and she was very persistent in calling me. When I finally got to speak to her, she asked me what was wrong with the laptop and I tried telling her what I could but shr didn't really understand the issues I had with it. She just immediately wanted to discuss hourly rates and book in somebody to fix it - was very aggressive to the point of wanting to negotiate on hourly rates.

Whilst finding a solution isn't a problem, if she really understood what I was looking for, she would have known that restoring laptops is a time consuming activity and I was looking for a service that was affordable, bespoke, and was not forced on me.

Luke
Luke

AVOID at all costs if you value your money!

DISAPOINTED.

They kinda refuse to help!I was trying to communicate with them 4 days!Finally i found another tecnician!They said to me that they will call. me.They never do.I call them alla the time and the answer was ok thanks we will call you.4 DAYS? REALLY? thats for wasting my time!lol

graham12
graham12Mid North Coast, NSW

not sure about quote

received one price quote on phone as they like to contact you via phone.
Them when I pushed for email quote, one price jumped from $400 to $700 for same part.
Just wonder what happens when they have your unit then what money?.

cpatriick
cpatriickSydney, NSW

Needed assistance with iTunes movie library

From the first point of contact which was ok, it just got worse. They could not come to the house and explained a remote appointment would be needed. I was not thrilled with this, however have worked in corporate for over 30 years and used to using team view and other applications.
I than spoke with the actual technician and I knew more about the issues then he did. Not happy, so cancelled the appointment and returned to Geeks2U who I have been using for a long time, outcome all fixed. The technician called and we discussed the problems. They could come to the house, which was my preference p.

IanSydney Surrounds, NSW

NO SHOW NO APOLOGY

Ian

Your manager did not initiate a call to me on Monday. I called him to lodge a formal complaint. He actually returned my earlier call on Monday. Thank you for your apology.

Warning!! A very dodgy company

The policy called “no fix no charge” turned out to be a trap. They will charge you regardless( minimum 120 bucks).
My speaker was making clicking sound. After finding out my computer had a hardware fault, the technician made a diagnosis of water spillage without opening the computer. He suggested to upgrade the system or reset it. I said no, which means denying the solution offered. So they can charge you.
After I made a complaint, i was told that “you could be double charged for one problem, if the computer cannot be fixed the first time!!”

Do Not Use This Company

Initially they fixed my laptop only for it to break down two weeks later. They offered to repair it again which took over a month only for it to break down again two weeks later all the while not detailing me with an invoice or any information regarding what was wrong. Upon offering a third time they took the 99 dollar service fee for a technician to come pick it up and spent it on a courier service with terrible reviews that I couldn't contact instead which I quoted to about half of what I paid, all the while blaming it on my poor miscommunication. Extremely incompetent and unprofessional do not use this service.

Matthew S.