• Job Satisfaction

Contact person was impatient and aggressive

The person called kathy sounded really impatient and aggressive when calling while I was so patient to look for details she need, and it was quick. Did not contact within 30 minutes either and just not worth my time to contact with.

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Important to understand what a customer needs - greed is not good.

I inquired about some help to restore some old laptops. I was followed up by a Kathy repeatedly and she was very persistent in calling me. When I finally got to speak to her, she asked me what was wrong with the laptop and I tried telling her what I could but shr didn't really understand the issues I had with it. She just immediately wanted to discuss hourly rates and book in somebody to fix it - was very aggressive to the point of wanting to negotiate on hourly rates.

Whilst finding a solution isn't a problem, if she really understood what I was looking for, she would have known that restoring laptops is a time consuming activity and I was looking for a service that was affordable, bespoke, and was not forced on me.

Luke

Luke

AVOID at all costs if you value your money!

Phone / Computer Repair Services

Find out how The Original PC Doctor compares to other Phone / Computer Repair Services

DISAPOINTED.

They kinda refuse to help!I was trying to communicate with them 4 days!Finally i found another tecnician!They said to me that they will call. me.They never do.I call them alla the time and the answer was ok thanks we will call you.4 DAYS? REALLY? thats for wasting my time!lol

graham12

graham12Mid North Coast, NSW

not sure about quote

received one price quote on phone as they like to contact you via phone.
Them when I pushed for email quote, one price jumped from $400 to $700 for same part.
Just wonder what happens when they have your unit then what money?.

cpatriick

cpatriickSydney, NSW

Needed assistance with iTunes movie library

From the first point of contact which was ok, it just got worse. They could not come to the house and explained a remote appointment would be needed. I was not thrilled with this, however have worked in corporate for over 30 years and used to using team view and other applications.
I than spoke with the actual technician and I knew more about the issues then he did. Not happy, so cancelled the appointment and returned to Geeks2U who I have been using for a long time, outcome all fixed. The technician called and we discussed the problems. They could come to the house, which was my preference p.

IanSydney Surrounds, NSW

NO SHOW NO APOLOGY

Ian

Your manager did not initiate a call to me on Monday. I called him to lodge a formal complaint. He actually returned my earlier call on Monday. Thank you for your apology.

Warning!! A very dodgy company

The policy called “no fix no charge” turned out to be a trap. They will charge you regardless( minimum 120 bucks).
My speaker was making clicking sound. After finding out my computer had a hardware fault, the technician made a diagnosis of water spillage without opening the computer. He suggested to upgrade the system or reset it. I said no, which means denying the solution offered. So they can charge you.
After I made a complaint, i was told that “you could be double charged for one problem, if the computer cannot be fixed the first time!!”

Do Not Use This Company

Initially they fixed my laptop only for it to break down two weeks later. They offered to repair it again which took over a month only for it to break down again two weeks later all the while not detailing me with an invoice or any information regarding what was wrong. Upon offering a third time they took the 99 dollar service fee for a technician to come pick it up and spent it on a courier service with terrible reviews that I couldn't contact instead which I quoted to about half of what I paid, all the while blaming it on my poor miscommunication. Extremely incompetent and unprofessional do not use this service.

Matthew S.
Matthew S.

Nick

NickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overpriced and pushy

Felt like i was being probed by a telemarketer, then the technician would not stop trying to up-sell me.
Money hungry and just trying to get every last penny from me the whole time.

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Can’t get the basics right

They reinstalled windows, set a password which I never had before - did not tell told me once the install finished it would require a restart and when I restarted I could not get in as I did not have the password so locked out of my own pc and they could not get the tech that had just left

BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Did not properly fix issue and worked slow to bump in an additional time block

The Original PC Doctor have a 14 day guarantee. My issue returned after 25 days so not covered by this policy. An identical issue to the one they solved, meaning they did not fix it.
I had them come to me and they charge by 15 minute intervals. The tech intentionally dragged his feet "fixing" the issue to bump in to the next 15 minute block.
When I called to report the issue was not fixed, the person on the phone said it's outside their guarantee but she'll happily re-book the tech to attend at the usual rates. No thanks.

ZeeZee

ZeeZeeVictoria

The worst company to deal with

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Left my laptop in worse condition

Do NOT use the original PC doctors. They took my laptop for a month and retuned it unfixed and more broken. Throughout the month I was chasing them up, trying to find out where my laptop was. I asked for a replacement laptop whilst mine was being “fixed.” They not only gave me one that didn’t work, they tried to get me to trade it for my laptop - at a cost to me! They handed the laptop back more broken (speaker cables torn off) and didn’t process my refund for weeks. I had to chase them up twice for that too. They’ve offered to assess the speaker issue and potentially fix it. It couldn’t have been anyone else! The customer service has been terrible as well. Buyer beware.

Justneedmylaptop
Justneedmylaptop
Shamiul Z.

Shamiul Z.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

After 6 weeks still I could not get my laptop back

JezzSydney, NSW

Disappointed

Sad to say have to change my original review as started off thinking they were great but don't think so now. Promised a discount which was not honoured, have asked several times now and not been refunded and discovered 3-4 days later that computer was not fixed. Tried to get it sorted in the call back time-frame which they claim to fix no charge and never got it sorted. Have resulted in getting rid of computer and buying new one. Be wary as the service seems great to start but can result in still having prob... with computer, which in our case paid to fix and did not occur. End result disappointing!!!

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Jezz, the operations manager is handling this now for you he has emailed me today on this. You will get an email and correspondence from him. Refunds take us time to process, however, the wheels are in motion. Thanks, John

FaithSydney, NSW

Your choice

Had a very nice tech come to my home, but was unable to fix my laptop, but it still cost $250. Their “fix no fee” policy does not apply to me, which I truly don’t understand. So now I still have an unusable computer, but John Pitito the director of PC Doctor, with a gesture of GOOD WILL has offered a $50 refund. If this is what this big company can do to me, taking a 3rd of my weekly wage with no second thought, it your choice to use them. Me I am sooooo very disappointed and feel cheated.

Faith

Just an update, laptop fixed, $50, cup if coffee and a retired IT man. Thankyou Kevin.

SamJ

SamJ

AVOID at all costs!

John P.The Original PC Doctor

No idea what they are like as no reply to either request for a quote

Their webpage states "If you are experiencing any problems with your technology please enter your details below and one of our helpful helpdesk staff will contact you back in 30 minutes or less."

It is now 18 hours since my first contact with no reply and approximately 3 hours since my second attempt. Obviously not interested in the business. Will find someone who is.

Marl

MarlMelbourne

I did not like this service

See all The Original PC Doctor reviews

Mike P.

Mike P.asked

Is there a restriction on reviews? I submitted an adverse review for a job done by The Original PC Doctor, following on from that review TOPCD attended and rectified My concerns. Subsequently I submitted a follow up review that has disappeared. Have tried retrievals etc. ?? Had tried to amend original review but couldn,t.
Suggestions ?? Mike P.

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Mike, thanks for reaching out to us. You can contact product review direct if you want to modify any reviews, or via logging into your account and then modifying the review that way.

DougF1asked

how do I get my computer cleaned with home service at Hackham.S/A 5163

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Doug, That is something our team can assist with. If you can please call the office on 1300 723 628 and we can organise to send a technician out to your home at time that is suitable to you, we have weekday, afterhours and weekend appointments available.

DougF1

Will it be very expensive. I'm thinking of updating my laptop. It's a MSi VR603. Have you any suggestions on what to replace it with for about $ 1,000

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Doug, It will be cheaper to fix the old machine than spend $1000 on a new one. If you want to buy a new machine we can quote that too, if you call the office on 1300 723 628 we can organise some quotes for you free of charge and no obligation. Anything else?

DougF1asked

I have been advised by my bank to have my computer cleaned. Can you help please. I live in Hackham. S'th AUST. 5163

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Doug, That is something our team can assist with. If you can please call the office on 1300 723 628 and we can organise to send a technician out to your home at a time that is suitable to you, we have weekday, after-hours and weekend appointments available.

Get an answer from our members and The Original PC Doctor representatives