Listing monitored by The Original PC Doctor

• Job Satisfaction

Do yourself a favour and go with anyone else

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Stole laptop and won’t return calls

My daughters laptop was picked up weeks ago. Was told it would be ready by the weekend ( 3 days)... it’s been over two weeks. I rang up friday and they said it would be delivered to me by 11am Saturday.
Saturday came and by 3pm I gave them a call to find out where my laptop it. The man said he would get someone from the company to call me. I said “ if your not from the company then who are you?”. (Looks like the pc doctors just outsource someone to do the job for them). So who knows where my laptop is now.
They have stolen my laptop and I have no option to now go to police to report theft.

Denise H.

And when I call that number, (which I have like 20 times), they don’t even know who the manager is!! My calls are just going to some outsourced company who know nothing and just tell me they will pass on a message.

PETER
PETERVictoria

Not interested in service just the money they can extract from you

I call the PC Doctor for a quotation. I told them I have purchased a genuine keypad for my computer and wanted a quote to fit it. They responded by telling me that they have to order the parts for the computer and can not install my genuine part. Which is ridicules and outright poor service.
They say they are experienced technicians, if so why can't they quote a fixed price for such a simple repair.
Sad..

Phone / Computer Repair Services

Find out how The Original PC Doctor compares to other Phone / Computer Repair Services

Contact person was impatient and aggressive

The person called kathy sounded really impatient and aggressive when calling while I was so patient to look for details she need, and it was quick. Did not contact within 30 minutes either and just not worth my time to contact with.

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Important to understand what a customer needs - greed is not good.

I inquired about some help to restore some old laptops. I was followed up by a Kathy repeatedly and she was very persistent in calling me. When I finally got to speak to her, she asked me what was wrong with the laptop and I tried telling her what I could but shr didn't really understand the issues I had with it. She just immediately wanted to discuss hourly rates and book in somebody to fix it - was very aggressive to the point of wanting to negotiate on hourly rates.

Whilst finding a solution isn't a problem, if she really understood what I was looking for, she would have known that restoring laptops is a time consuming activity and I was looking for a service that was affordable, bespoke, and was not forced on me.

Luke
Luke

AVOID at all costs if you value your money!

DISAPOINTED.

They kinda refuse to help!I was trying to communicate with them 4 days!Finally i found another tecnician!They said to me that they will call. me.They never do.I call them alla the time and the answer was ok thanks we will call you.4 DAYS? REALLY? thats for wasting my time!lol

graham12
graham12Mid North Coast, NSW

not sure about quote

received one price quote on phone as they like to contact you via phone.
Them when I pushed for email quote, one price jumped from $400 to $700 for same part.
Just wonder what happens when they have your unit then what money?.

cpatriick
cpatriickSydney, NSW

Needed assistance with iTunes movie library

From the first point of contact which was ok, it just got worse. They could not come to the house and explained a remote appointment would be needed. I was not thrilled with this, however have worked in corporate for over 30 years and used to using team view and other applications.
I than spoke with the actual technician and I knew more about the issues then he did. Not happy, so cancelled the appointment and returned to Geeks2U who I have been using for a long time, outcome all fixed. The technician called and we discussed the problems. They could come to the house, which was my preference p.

IanSydney Surrounds, NSW

NO SHOW NO APOLOGY

Ian

Your manager did not initiate a call to me on Monday. I called him to lodge a formal complaint. He actually returned my earlier call on Monday. Thank you for your apology.

Erwin
ErwinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thank you!

Thank you for fixing my laptop issue. I really appreciate the assistance. Now that I can continue my work now. Bruce is really helpful and so as Kathy. She is responsive and gentle. Thanks you guys!

Review collected in partnership with The Original PC Doctor

Warning!! A very dodgy company

The policy called “no fix no charge” turned out to be a trap. They will charge you regardless( minimum 120 bucks).
My speaker was making clicking sound. After finding out my computer had a hardware fault, the technician made a diagnosis of water spillage without opening the computer. He suggested to upgrade the system or reset it. I said no, which means denying the solution offered. So they can charge you.
After I made a complaint, i was told that “you could be double charged for one problem, if the computer cannot be fixed the first time!!”

Do Not Use This Company

Initially they fixed my laptop only for it to break down two weeks later. They offered to repair it again which took over a month only for it to break down again two weeks later all the while not detailing me with an invoice or any information regarding what was wrong. Upon offering a third time they took the 99 dollar service fee for a technician to come pick it up and spent it on a courier service with terrible reviews that I couldn't contact instead which I quoted to about half of what I paid, all the while blaming it on my poor miscommunication. Extremely incompetent and unprofessional do not use this service.

Matthew S.
Matthew S.
Nick
NickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overpriced and pushy

Felt like i was being probed by a telemarketer, then the technician would not stop trying to up-sell me.
Money hungry and just trying to get every last penny from me the whole time.

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Can’t get the basics right

They reinstalled windows, set a password which I never had before - did not tell told me once the install finished it would require a restart and when I restarted I could not get in as I did not have the password so locked out of my own pc and they could not get the tech that had just left

Mike P.
Mike P.asked

Is there a restriction on reviews? I submitted an adverse review for a job done by The Original PC Doctor, following on from that review TOPCD attended and rectified My concerns. Subsequently I submitted a follow up review that has disappeared. Have tried retrievals etc. ?? Had tried to amend original review but couldn,t.
Suggestions ?? Mike P.

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Mike, thanks for reaching out to us. You can contact product review direct if you want to modify any reviews, or via logging into your account and then modifying the review that way.

DougF1asked

how do I get my computer cleaned with home service at Hackham.S/A 5163

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Doug, That is something our team can assist with. If you can please call the office on 1300 723 628 and we can organise to send a technician out to your home at time that is suitable to you, we have weekday, afterhours and weekend appointments available.

DougF1

Will it be very expensive. I'm thinking of updating my laptop. It's a MSi VR603. Have you any suggestions on what to replace it with for about $ 1,000

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Doug, It will be cheaper to fix the old machine than spend $1000 on a new one. If you want to buy a new machine we can quote that too, if you call the office on 1300 723 628 we can organise some quotes for you free of charge and no obligation. Anything else?

DougF1asked

I have been advised by my bank to have my computer cleaned. Can you help please. I live in Hackham. S'th AUST. 5163

John P.The Original PC Doctor

Hi Doug, That is something our team can assist with. If you can please call the office on 1300 723 628 and we can organise to send a technician out to your home at a time that is suitable to you, we have weekday, after-hours and weekend appointments available.

See all The Original PC Doctor questions