The Photobook Club Questions & Answers

Mark T.
Mark T.

Hi. Long time user of this service but have just changed to a MacBook Pro
Having difficulty getting the program to work
When creating a new project and I double click on a text box the program quits “ unexpectedly “.
Any hints ?

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Mark, We did have this issue with the text box on the Macs but we have been told that the issue has now been fixed.
Can you please give it another go and if you are still having issues please let me know.

Kim C
Kim C

i am having the same problem, even after reloading the app. Help!!!

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Kim, Please contact customer support at smile@photobookshop.com.au so they can assist you further.

Kaitlin M.

I have attempted to make my book three times. It says it is uploading 1 image before I can add it to the cart. It has taken 27 hours and doesn’t seem to be progressing. Would really appreciate any help.

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Kaitlin, We have had some issues with the designer and software uploading the pictures. I believe this has been fixed though. Can you please close it and try uploading the project again? Please let me know if you continue to have any issues.

Thanks for your reply. I will try again. Cheers,

Howard R.
Howard R.

How do I order an extra book that was completed 5 months ago? I don't have a reference number only the name and date of the book.

Loz
Loz

Howard if you go into you your computer and find completed projects. Click on the book you want to duplicate and a box will come up you press duplicate and you will have to name the project and the book will open and you order as you normally do. Hope this helps kind regards Lorraine

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Howard, As Lorraine explained (thanks for that) if you go to your completed projects find the project that you are after and you should be able to reorder/duplicate. Please email us at smile@photobookshop.com.au if you require further assistance.

Joanne S.

I am uploading photos into the photobook. Most photos are uploading without a problem, but some photos seem to just bounce back into my photo folder on my mac without loading into the photobook. I have tried using the + feature to add and also dragging and dropping. The size of the photo doesn't seem to be the problem as I can have two photos taken at exactly the same time with similar size and one will load and the next one won't.

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Joanne, Can I ask what type of photo you are using and also are you creating the project via the desktop designer or the online desinger?

Joanne S.

Thank you for your response. I am using the desktop designer. The photos are IMG_2032.HEIC. The ones that don't load are mainly selfies. Others that are the same type of photo load.

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Joanne, So I have asked the team and have been told that the photos would need to be changed to Jpeg. Can you please give that a go and let me know if you have any further issues.

David
David

I have photos organised in the order they were taken on my Mac Air. When I select a file 'to add', the photos don't appear in the same order in the left side of the work panel as they were on my Mac. Is there any way around this to keep the same order?

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi David, Thank you for your question and apologies for the delay. If you wish to have the photos on the left side in order you need to name the file 001,002 ect and then once you add them to the software it should keep the photos in order. If you require any further assistance please email us at smile@photobookshop.com.au.

Rabbj
Rabbj

Can I change the size of my book after designing it?

Gador
Gador

As I have never tried that I can't answer your question. However, if I have a problem I just ring them and get an answer thaT way - they are usually very helpful

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi yes, you can but only in certain sizes. Please feel free to call us at 9088 6233 if you require any further assistance or email us at smile@photobookshop.com.au.

fwktknight

I have bought a 40 page layflat HD 30x30cm photo book, I am not sure how many pages i need yet. Can you add extra pages? How does it work. Do you need to add an extra 2 pages(front and back of page) or 4 pages ( to keep each side of book even from centre page) at a time? How much does it cost to add a pages this size?

marci

hey there fwktknight. when you are in the designing section at the top of the page it will have an option to add or delete a page or a few pages and I think from memory it costs about an extra $1 or $1.10 for each added page. Also you can rearrange pages as you create your book so that they are in the right spot so that shouldn't be a problem. I have always found if I have a question that by emailing the customer help I get a quick, accurate and fully explained answer in very short time, and have always had help when needed. hope this helps you and hope you create a fabulous book to enjoy.

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi there, Thank you Marci for answering the question. As Marci explained you can add as many additional pages as you wish (up to 120 max). You will be charged an additional fee at the checkout based on how many pages extra you have added. It's generally around $1 for an additional page. Otherwise, we can upgrade your voucher for you depending on how many pages the final book is. Please feel free to call/email us at smile@photobookshop.com.au and our team would be more than happy to assist you.

fwktknight

Thankyou both. Thats great.

Jane B
Jane B

Hello,
Can I pick up an order from you melbourne location?

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Jane, Yes, you can. We have pick up options available at the checkout. If you have selected delivery but would like to change to pick that is fine as well. Just provide us with your order number and we can change that for you.

Hong Tian
Hong Tian

My photobook has missing photos, they just disappeared without my knowledge, and these photos also disappeared from my folder.

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi, Is this a new book that you are creating or a duplicate book?

rustermellor
rustermellor

can i spread a background to spread over two pages

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Yes you should be able to

KERRY W.
KERRY W.

How do I add a white, frame to my photos?

Dave
Dave

There are frames in the creating program that you can drag onto photos. Or you can just position photos on a page and leave the page background white, that gives the impression of a white frame.

The Photobook Club   DM

Hello Kerry, What project are you creating? Dave is correct that you can drag frames on the photos for you to have frames on them.

Additionally, you can just remove the background to give it a white background.

Lloyd Glanvill
Lloyd Glanvill

I have an existing account with an old email address how can sign in

The Photobook Club   DM

Can you please provide me the old email address and the new one so I can update it on our system.

Ida G.
Ida G.

I have 50 pages of text to use in my photobook - how to import and use

Nick S.
Nick S.

You can contact Photobook Club for instructions.
My understanding is that you need to create a text box on each page individually and then paste text for that page into the box. I don't know of any way to flow the text between pages.

The Photobook Club   DM

You will be able to add text boxes on the pages of the photobook for you to be able to add those text that you have.

Please make sure that you resize the textbox for the text to fit on the page.

Di G.
Di G.

Hi, I have the same question regarding putting text into pages. I also have approx 50 pages of text. My husband tried to do this several times into a text box, but it kept shutting sown the program.

The Photobook Club   DM

Can you please try updating the software if it keeps on crashing? Do you encounter any error?

Julie

Hi. I realise my order will take longer than normal which still hasn't arrived, addressed to Laura Scully [Complete Address Removed]. My name is Julie Scully, [Email Removed]. I lost the order number to track it but remember receiving your message about 3 wks ago that it had been completed & was on it's way; I haven't received a msg to say it has arrived which I usually get, only a msg asking how my order was.

yes this is Julie Scully at [Email Address Removed]

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Julie, The order has been shipped and is already on its way to you.

You may track this P8X369877901000931502 on Australia Post to see where the order is.

Gwenda A.

My Name is Gwen Anderson, and I have purchased a total of 19 vouchers over 3 different orders and I intend to make them all the same content. Can I combine all of these vouchers into one. and when will this new voucher expire?

suzanne
suzanne

My understanding is that each voucher has an expiry date. You can ring the photo book club on (08) 6558 1617 they will be able to answer your question

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Gwenda, yes you can combine all of these vouchers into one. The new expiry date will be shown before you click to combine the vouchers. You can then order quantity 19 of the same book, just ensure you change the quantity on the checkout page when ordering.

Gwenda A.

Thank you for your help.

Gwenda A.

My name is Gwen Anderson and I have purchased a total of 19 vouchers on three different occasions and wish to combine them all as I am producing the same content for them all. How do I do this and when will this single voucher expire?

The Photobook Club   DM

Hello Gwenda, All you need to do is follow this link and follow the prompts: external link

The expiry date will be the same as what you have on the voucher.

Judith B.
Judith B.

I am in the process of making a 100 page Book. I have selected around 400 photos but they have been loading for around 36 hours. Should it take this length of time?

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Judith, No that seems to be taking a while. How is your internet connection?

Freda Fischer

Hi Judith, that is way too long. As previous response it must be your internet connection. Even issues with your internet that is way too long. Suggest you cancel & start again loading up.

Garth P.
Garth P.

i use two folders to build my photo book . some how they became combined resulting in many photos becoming blurred . I have separated the folders, if i reinstall the photos they become ok .
Is there any way of rectifying this issue, with out having to handle the issue individually?
Garth

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Garth, Are you using the online designer or the desktop software?

Liz
Liz

Sorry, Garth. I really don't know the answer. I didn't have that particular problem. I do know the software doesn't like the photos being moved from their original spot, and if you've separated the folders after putting them into the software, it probably sees them as being moved. I suspect you'll have to either reinstate the photos into the original folder or reinstate each photo individually.

Freda Fischer

Hi Garth, I found it difficult to fully understand your issue but I'm guessing that after you loaded photos into the photobook you must have moved them from the folder the photos were in on your computer when you loaded them into the photobook. If you move the location of the photos on your computer then you will have issues in your photobook. They must stay in the original folder in your computer until after you have loaded up the photobook onto the website and ordered it.

Can I make one of your photobooks using an Apple Ipad

Maria
Maria

I have never used my iPad so not sure. As long as you can download the software on your iPad you should be able to do it.

kevin
kevin

Not sure, we used a computer

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Robin, You can use the iPad to create a photobook on the online designer. It may be a little slower though. We always recommend using a PC when available but yes the Ipad should be fine.

Robin

I thought so, many thanks.

Barbara

Hi I trying to download on to an Apple laptop.. it will not allow me is there something extra you need to do .. it keeps saying it is a security risk..

Photorecce1
Photorecce1

Hi Barbara, Apple are ultra cautious with software they allow onto their systems and so you may often get messages warning you of potential risks with software that has not been specifically approved by Apple themselves. I would imagine it costs a fair bit to have Apple verify your product and so many organisations who are not "selling" their software may not be able to justify the cost.
There should be no difference in running the Photobook Club software on either a laptop or desktop machine (iPads are of course a whole new ballgame). I run the Photobook Club software very successfully on my iMac and I have friends who run it on their MacBooks.
Usually if your MacBook is warning you of potentially risky / non vetted software you will be given the option to continue with the installation by disabling the "warning system" for a one off instal. Obviously beyond that point you've crossed the safety barrier! I would never, and I do mean NEVER instal anything sent to me by an organisation I didn't know, but given that I know who Photobook Club are and I have checked I'm on the correct website before downloading, I had no hesitation going ahead. Good luck and many happy Photobooks.

Barbara

Thank you for getting back to me.. even if I try and ignore it won’t let me load.. I thought that there might be something extra I needed to do... all my friends, have loaded it, from a photo book group, but none of them have macs... batbara

Barbara

Hi this is the problem... . when you register and click download, you aren’t prompted to download the file, on chrome and safari.

It just goes back to the registration page with no option to download the file

The Photobook Club   DM

Hi Barbara, Can you please email me at chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au and I will be able to send you the installer link for you.

Get an answer from our members and The Photobook Club representatives