The Photobook Club Questions & Answers

Robinasked

Can I make one of your photobooks using an Apple Ipad

Maria
Maria

I have never used my iPad so not sure. As long as you can download the software on your iPad you should be able to do it.

kevin
kevin

Not sure, we used a computer

Hi Robin,
You can use the iPad to create a photobook on the online designer. It may be a little slower though. We always recommend using a PC when available but yes the Ipad should be fine.

Barbaraasked

Hi I trying to download on to an Apple laptop.. it will not allow me is there something extra you need to do .. it keeps saying it is a security risk..

Photorecce1

Hi Barbara, Apple are ultra cautious with software they allow onto their systems and so you may often get messages warning you of potential risks with software that has not been specifically approved by Apple themselves. I would imagine it costs a fair bit to have Apple verify your product and so many organisations who are not "selling" their software may not be able to justify the cost.
There should be no difference in running the Photobook Club software on either a laptop or desktop machine (iPads are of course a whole new ballgame). I run the Photobook Club software very successfully on my iMac and I have friends who run it on their MacBooks.
Usually if your MacBook is warning you of potentially risky / non vetted software you will be given the option to continue with the installation by disabling the "warning system" for a one off instal. Obviously beyond that point you've crossed the safety barrier! I would never, and I do mean NEVER instal anything sent to me by an organisation I didn't know, but given that I know who Photobook Club are and I have checked I'm on the correct website before downloading, I had no hesitation going ahead. Good luck and many happy Photobooks.

Barbara

Thank you for getting back to me.. even if I try and ignore it won’t let me load.. I thought that there might be something extra I needed to do... all my friends, have loaded it, from a photo book group, but none of them have macs... batbara

Barbara

Hi this is the problem... . when you register and click download, you aren’t prompted to download the file, on chrome and safari.

It just goes back to the registration page with no option to download the file

Chezza
Chezzaasked

Can you make a photo book A4 Portrid book with text and images, and what does it cost per page?

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Chezza, yes we do have an A4 Portrait Photobook which can be ordered as a Hardcover or Softcover. You can design the book however you like with as much text and images as you wish. We currently have a 20 page Hardcover A4 Portrait book on sale for $29. You can purchase a prepaid voucher which is valid for 6 months here - https://www.photobookshop.com.au/voucher

G'Day Chezza,
Not a problem creating a Portrait orientation Photobook including whatever you like in the form of photos and text (Import Maps, Greetings cards, certificates, etc too if you so wish). Photobook Club seem to limit the portrait size book to 20 pages, however for very little more you can produce a 30 x30cm book with many more pages - for example a 120 page hardcover is only $50 at present and that includes delivery. Bear in mind you choose the shape of the photo you put on the page, so if 3x2 is your favourite ratio so be it - but 4x3 or square are just as valid. Live it up!
If you remember the cost of film photography that is nothing but awesome! So between the "official Photobook Club response at $1.45 a page and mine at less than 50c a page you have a myriad of choices.
The Photobook Club/Photobook Shop downloadable software is a little "clunky" but it does enable you to produce great Photobooks once you get the hang of it- especially if you "pre-prepare" your images in something like Lightroom, Affinity, etc
Cheers and I hope that helps, Mike

Joy
Joyasked

Which external picture editor do you recommend?

Photorecce1

Hi Joy, Within PhotobookClub/Photobookshop there is a basic editor that allows your selected photos to be edited to a small degree. However initially I use Adobe’s Lightroom which is superb as an editor and organiser. However it costs about A$13 per month. As part of the $13 per month you also get Photoshop which is the ultimate image editor - but that’s a whole different level of complexity. There are other alternatives that you can buy outright that may provide very similar results, Affinity Photo and Luminar being being just a couple.
Aside from that both Microsoft and Apple offer basic editors for free. GIMP is a free download that is reputedly extremely capable - but I believe its a complex learning curve.
For Photobook preparation after my initial editing I use the downloaded version off the Photobook software which is free
One thing that is worth trying no matter what you use is the “Auto Enhance” button within the Photobook software. It’s embarrassing, but after editing a photo to perfection, very often one press of that Auto Enhance button can make it so much better.
Good Luck, Mike

Joy
Joyasked

There is a place to put in an external picture editor but I don't know the name of any. Which one do you recommend?

And
Andasked

How do I remove uploaded photos that I’ve used from the side bar?

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi there, were you using the online or desktop designer?

Lee
Leeasked

I cannot get passed submitting my details, the only one not highlighted is where I found out about this site? I have ordered a photo book before through this site, but having trouble now. I ordered a book a few years ago, would my information still be on record?

pmac
pmac

I hope this doesn’t sound stupid, but are you trying to log in?

Robyn B
Robyn Basked

I have bought several gift vouchers in the past but now I cannot see how to send them to someone else.
Do I just buy it in my own name and forward it to them? I am sure I haven't had to do this in the past.
I cant change the delivery email address without changing my own.

nea.stanford
nea.stanfordasked

While making a photo book I put my photos in auto fill how can I change this

Heather '.asked

Hi, bought a voucher, but only have iPad. Now find I can’t use it. Can’t download software. Gone in through the tablet link, but, sign in every time and project not saved despite clicking saved icon. Only shows album name as saved, but, not the work. Any help please or is this impossible on iPad? Desperate .

Helen Cartwright

Sorry Heather! Can’t help you in this one. Only ever use the software in my laptop and have never had a problem saving the work. Think you would find it a lot easier with a computer as far as moving things around and inserting photos.

Heather '.

Thanks Helen, hopefully some answers from photobooks express by email.

vicki
vickiasked

I am having trouble adding more photos to the libruary .. I select from desk top and it looks like its down loaded, but i cant find where they are going if they are going to the current project I am working on

Helen Cartwright

Vicki. I always create a folder on my desktop first and add all the photos I want to use. Then when you open your project and click download photos from computer, you can click the aptly named folder and they will all load.
Good luck! Hope this helps
Helen

Pat B
Pat Basked

how do I reorder a book

Sarah
Sarahasked

Hi, it says I've accrued 347 points in my rewards transaction but it says the balance is 0 - how do I access the 347 points? Thanks

Nicoleasked

Hi
I purchased a few items and am trying to purchase but havent got a purchase code yet
[email removed]
order number #560000

Hi
I purchased a few items and am trying to purchase but haven't received a purchase code yet
Nicole order number #560000
[email removed]

Good morning Nicole,
Thank you for your question.
We have emailed you the Voucher Codes for the order number provided.

Hi Sophie
I have not received the Voucher codes

Truong N.
Truong N.asked

Hi there,
I got a problem while uploading the photobook. Some pictures were missing. How can I fix that problems?

Good morning Truong,

Thank you for your Question.

Would you be able to email le@photobookshop.com.au and she will be able to assist you .

Please let her know the following.

1. Are you using the Downloadable Software or Website?
2. Are the Photos in the same located when you uploaded them?
If you have uploaded a Photo, then changed the location or delete them off your Desktop, it shows the Photo has done missing.
3. Please send any screenshots to help locate issue.

Thank you Truong, we hope this issue gets resolved very soon.

Colin F
Colin Fasked

how do I check my orders

Good afternoon Colin,

Thank you for your question.

You can track your order from the following link: http://www.thephotobookclub.com.au/auth/login

Thanks Colin, and we hope you have a great day!

deb
debasked

HOW DO I REORGANISE MY PAGE ORDER?

Hi Deb,

Thank you for your Question, would you be able to email le@photobookshop.com.au and specify if you are using the Website version or full Desktop version of our Software and she will be able to assist you.

Charmaine R
Charmaine Rasked

Hi, I cannot seem to be able to change the shape of a photo while cropping it. eg my photo is 25cm by 20cm. I double-click on it, then try and change it to a square but it won't allow it. It keeps the same rectangular shape. Seems to be locked.

Hi Charmaine,

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear that there is an issue with the Shape of the Photo.

Please email le@photobookshop.com.au with a screenshot of the error and she will be able to assist you.

Thanks again,

Ray B.
Ray B.asked

When I create a photo book, I sometimes create my own Page Styles and save them to the pages style listing as shown in the online getting started guide . Could anyone advise/explain where (what folder) these Page Styles are actually saved to?
Are they saved on my own computer in a folder somewhere or are they saved on the Photobookshop server?
Mine have all seemed to have disappeared.

Hi Ray,
When you save the Page Styles, its generally just for that one Project.
It should be on the Page Styles section. Just need to scroll to the end of the Page Styles section.

Trace
Traceasked

is my voucher active

Hi Trace,
Would you be able to send your Voucher Code to le@photobookshop.com.au and she will be able to assist you.

RhinoNeil
RhinoNeil

After a month I received my PhotobookShop back. Way too long. Disappointing seeing I have had about 30 items done over many years.

Get an answer from our members and The Photobook Club representatives