The Photobook Club

The Photobook Club Questions & Answers (page 4)

judylofitis
judylofitis

Hi,

I have a macbook pro with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

I have made several photobooks already but each time in order to add pictures I've copied photos from 'photo' into a folder on my desktop and then added them to pictures in the photobook from there. Could someone tell me how to add pictures straight from my photos please?

Remco
Remco

Nothing to do with hardware, simply use the left hand column where you can elect to add a folder (click on it) or select individual images. Once selected the images will appear in that column. Once in the column, you can drag them across to the pages and resize and place them.

Wendy

I hope someone can help me. My first time doing a photobook. Purchased vouchers for lay flat books. I am trying to do baby books (we’re grandparents of twins) to give to the other grandparents and Mummy and Daddy. I looked in the backgrounds of lay flat books but there isn't a soft baby background available. I can’t seem to access any backgrounds from the baby book (normal) photobook area. Only scrapbook. Can anyone give me hints as to how I can access/download them into the lay flat book area, or will I need to go online elsewhere and purchase some nice backgrounds? If this is the case, can I add them into my backgrounds in the program?

I’m just starting and I am disappointed about this. I know the books will be great, if only I can get a lovely back background.

Otherwise, does anyone know if I have bought a lay-flat book voucher and can't access the baby background, can I just do a baby book and use that same voucher?

Donna
Donna

I never use photobook backgrounds as I believe they are not that interesting. I purchase backgrounds from on line digital shops such as "Sweet Shop Design" or "The Lilypad"

Look for paper packs. Also there is a website called "Free Digital Scrapbooking" where you can get downloads for free. Once you have your background papers in a file. It is easy to add them to your photobook. Open up your project access the background tab - look to your right you'll see a little symbol like a cog wheel and arrow - click on the arrow you'll see 2 words category and add - choose add then it will ask you where you from where to get the file from - choose the file the background is in and click on the background you wish to choose or as many as you like. then it will download it for you onto their program.

I hope that is a help.

Wendy

Thanks Donna, you were a great help!

Reenie
Reenie

Can you begin a photobook and then purchase a voucher later when having it printed? I've aleady begun a project and have just noticed the vouchers. Could I buy it now and still use it when I order the project?

Evon Jenkinson
Evon Jenkinson

Reenie, you may begin as many books as you like and have them completed and sitting dormant on your computer. Then buy a voucher from Photobook club when they have their specials advertised. Once you have purchased a voucher then you upload the book to them for printing. I recommend the new flat books to my friends after I have had 2 printed in that format. I recommend Photobook Club to everyone having tried 2 or 3 other printers and seen books done by others through different companies. Their paper quality and colour reproduction are superior.

BOB
BOB

I have also done many books, some from other companies and agree that photo book club is by far the best quality and have superior editing features.

The Photobook Club
The Photobook Club   DM

Good morning Bob, Thank you for your comment,
We're very happy to hear that you are happy with the quality and editing features on our Software!
Thank you for your support, we appreciate it!

Leesa
Leesa

I have selected a standard 30 cm x 30 cm square photo book with 60 pages when I go to create book on the online designer the number of pages is noted as twenty....how do I add pages? Lisa

Meg
Meg

Hi Leesa,

I am sorry I can't help you with your question as I have not done a photo book, I have only done the chopping board. They probably won't respond to an email but you could call them, that's the only way I found helpful. I hope you get it sorted out.

Megan

Jean

You select Page menu item and choose Insert as many times as you like. Position where you want the inserted page(s) to go. You can Rearrange Pages also. If you end up needing more than your paid for 60 pages you get charged about A$1.10 for each additional page. Hope that helps

goodfitzgear2
goodfitzgear2

Have a voucher for a 60 page book 22cm x 28 cm but when I go to start my book I can only find 20 or 30 page books. Can any one tell me how to add more pages?

Debb

criscros

Select your book and when the book open go to the Page menu on the top of your computer and select Add (shift, command, i) on a Mac.

I don't use the wizard function but like to make up my own book. for instance when you make a page with picture boxes and text boxes that you might like to use for other pages, go to the "daisy" on the bottom right of the page and chooses "save left(or right, or both) as page style". that way you won't have to fiddle about getting them even. Don't forget there is no spell checker.

Hope this helps

gailipoo

Hi Debb, along the top left of your screen you will see File, edit, insert, page, view and Help. Click on Page and click insert. This inserts a double page from memory. Keep going until you each your 60. You can also rearrange the positions of the pages from here. Enjoy making your photobook.

Gail

dexter
dexter

How can I call someone at the photobook club? I cannot for the life of me find a phone number. help!!

gailipoo

It is very hard to find isn't it? One number you can try is 03-80807980. I found that on the womo website. Also The Photobookshop is apparently the same company. Their number is 03-90084658.

Good luck. Regards

Gail

criscros

03 9008 4658. Gail already answered this. You might find that you are answered by someone in Manila but they are very helpful and you don't usually have to wait long. Good luck

Karen
Karen

I don't know how to use software for downloading print for Acrylic Print. I can only see options for photo books!

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi Karen, I have not used this site before but from what I can see if you go to the homepage and click 'Home Decor' from the menu you will see an 'Acrylic Prints' option. I hope this helps.

Kek
Kek

Hi - for the calendars how many photos can you use for each month?

As many as you want.

Pilgrim11

Is there a contact number please? I gave a voucher to my husband for his birthday. He spent weeks putting together a photobook but when he went to check out, the expiry date on their system was different to the one on the voucher. I bought the voucher on WhyPayFullPrice with an expiry of 4 Nov. When he went to checkout and use the voucher last Sun 3 Nov, it didn't work. He checked their voucher checker - their system had the expiry as 31Oct instead. He contacted them straight away through the help centre. The 4 Nov expiry date is clearly shown on the voucher which we photographed and attached to the inquiry. It's been a few days now and needless to say the 4 Nov expiry date has passed. Since he couldn't use the voucher on 3 Nov, it needs to be reactivated by them so that we can put the order through asap. It's all ready to go. Yet, no answer or reply yet. They may have a backlog. If anyone is reading this from the company, please contact us as it is a simple fix for you. Thanks.

Gette

Hi, I have this number from an old email (March 2012) so I'm not sure if it's still current. Good luck - 03 9001 1347. I also have the email address smile@thephotobookclub.com.au

Pilgrim11

Thank you! I just called them and they extended it until tomorrow night so he can try again. They're in Melbourne so had a public holiday yesterday.

GMH31
GMH31

I have an issue with the second photo book that I have received through The Photobook Club. I have sent emails but only get "standard" replies that do not, in any way, address the content of my emails. I have seen a 03 telephone number somewhere but now cannot find it. Could anyone pass on this number, please? Thanks, GMH31

Pogglesgrandma
Pogglesgrandma

No I cannot find it and not in white pages

Gette

Hi, I have this number for The Photobook Club from an old email they have sent me - back in March 2012. Hopefully it's still current 03 9001 1347

Bruno27
Bruno27

I purchased a voucher about 6 months ago and I would like an extension but I have misplaced my voucher number could you help me with another number

Jane38
Jane38

Sorry I'm not sure that they give extensions on their vouchers, but if you go to their website, there are contact details for them and you could email them with your query.

marie99
marie99

I bought these 24 page softcover photo book - 21 cm x 21cm and when I put in the voucher number, it says that there's still about $19 paper fee to pay. could you explain this paper fee please...

Elle_QLD

I know this might seem obvious but firstly have you made sure you've kept within the 24 page limit? I believe they charge an extra $1.10 for every extra page.

If not perhaps you have accidentally upgraded to "premium 190gsm Matte Textured" paper?

Hope that helps.

sophie39
sophie39

I had a similar problem, first book was great received quickly, second one i dont have, have submitted several queries through contact email and had absolutely no response. I too could not find a phone number anywhere on the webiste but i note you said you rang them , this seems like my only way to get this resolved , where did you find this number

Hi!

When they finally responded to the emails they asked me to call their Melbourne office, 9am & 5.30pm, Monday-Friday.

I called, told them the problem and they said they would get back to me later on during the day. Well they didn't get back to me but the book did eventually turn up.

I've had a good experience with them lately too - I needed an extension on some vouchers because I'm away at work and a lovely lady named Kit very kindly gave me a week extension.

Good luck with it all!

Pilgrim11

What's their number please? I need to call them too as have received no reply and can't use the voucher I bought for my husband for his b'day.

Get an answer from our members and The Photobook Club representatives