The Photobook Club

The Photobook Club (page 3 of 7)

Listing monitored by The Photobook Club

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Ruby List
Ruby ListMelbourne

It’s ok, not great

Customer service is slow and all promises on site such as delivery time is embelished. Have placed order and am looking forward to the products ordered.

Production time is a joke. Customer service is even worse

I purchased two items with a 2-7 business day production time frame. 24 days later and my items are still showing as in production. I have tried calling countless times and no one ever answers, I have sent emails too however no one has replied. An utter waste of money as my items will not arrive in time despite my allowing more than enough when ordering.

Long time customer, never again

Long time customer, almost 8 years now. I have never had to contact them about my orders. Don’t believe their 7 day processing time and don’t bother with express post. They will not fulfil their promises. Put my items on hold because they thought there was an issue, which there wasn’t and they didn’t even bother to contact me to fix this proposed issue.
When telling them about the issues, the customer service are robots and don’t help you.
Long time customer no more.
Never been so disappointed with a company after ordering from them for so long.

Great

I’ve been with photobook club for years now, they are very helpful. I love their products and find them very reasonably priced. When I’ve made mistakes with the ordering, they’re always helpful. I have ordered 40-50 books for myself and as gifts, I’ve lost count.

Sophie
SophieLos Angeles

the worst

Caroline
CarolineSydney

Usually great, production issues at the moment

I love the books I've had so far, but there's something going on at the moment. The website is claiming 2-7 business days for production, but I'm on 20 business days and counting on my last photo book order (it was claiming 2-7 days when I placed the order, too). I've been in touch with them a few times about it, and I saw someone else leave a similar comment on Facebook (where their review tab is suspiciously missing) so it's a known issue at the moment, but still the website carries on claiming 2-7 business days for production. Meanwhile, I ordered a different product and received it within a week.

Jennyoz
JennyozAU

Underhanded ways to get more money

Having purchased groupon vouchers for products from photo book club, was disgusted to see extra charges applied after ordering online. Upon phoning the company I was told straight away that the 20 pages were now 24 ( which was the ONLY option I was given. Service told me that I had to delete pages, NOWHERE was this said in any part of the ordering process, hence I had to having to pay extra. I ordered a soft cover 20 page booklet and it was NOT offered anywhere on their site.

Robbie
RobbieAU

Only one minus

I have been very happy with this company and its products. The help given over the phone was excellent and deliveries have been within a few days. However I feel the last two books have been darker than I would have liked. The last book which arrived within 3 days is the darkest. Too much contrast -Too colourful but missing the in between tones. If there is a next time I will not use the enhance feature and may lighten all my photos?

Book 15 has just arrived

Have been using Photobook Club for quite a few years now. Book 15 has arrived and of course it is magnificient. Am now using the Lay Flat Books, and yes it is worth the extra cost. Next time I am planning on using the Pro Lay Flat to try it out. The better your camera of course the better the pictures, we have a Cannon 500. Have also done 3 canvases and am waiting on the 4th, which I have no doubt will be great. I had a small problem with not getting a voucher emailed, that day it was looked at, next day sorted. That was really good service in my book.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Thank you for your lovely review!

Adz
AdzVictoria, 3350

Even after a reprint, the photos aren't square on the page!! :(

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Adz, thank you for taking the time to review us. Our Operations Manager is currently working on this issue with you and has contacted you directly.

shazc
shazc

Too Dark

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Shaz, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your photobooks. If you can contact us directly we can resolve this issue for you. Please forward all details of your orders and some photos to sophie@thephotobookclub.com.au .

LAnne
LAnnePerth

Personalised Drink bottles

Ordered 3 personalised kids drinks bottles. Was charged P&P on each separate bottle. Package x 1 arrived containing all 3 bottles-Lid broke off one on opening, Toddler dropped second one on ground-only from height of a 2yr old. Whole top/lid broke. Left with one out of 3 bottles. Lid is difficult to screw on. Unnecessary parts. Leaks drinks.
Complete rip off. Cheap products/plastics at high prices. Do NOT buy these bottles for your children. Absolutely useless. Will never shop from here again.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Lanne, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drink bottles. Please contact me at sophie@thephotobookclub.com.au and I can assist you.

Anna
AnnaFar North Queensland, QLD

Photobook Club / Shop

I have been ordering my photobooks from Photobookshop for a few years now and if I have a problem with a voucher or done something dumb, it is best to give them a call. Each time I have had my problem sorted out and able to carry on. Love the quality of the books and delivery service. Always buy the vouchers when a sale is on!

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Thank you for your great review Anna! :)

Kerryn
KerrynBrisbane

Dark, Darker and Darkest

I too have been a loyal Photobookclub user and have purchased many books through them. Over the past 2 years I have found the pictures to be getting darker and darker. I am so disappointed with my last few productions. In the past I have had to have some reprinted due to the darkness and colour disparity. I keep going back because I love the products and service, but no more!! I have beautiful photos that deserve to be shown at their best, not this inferior product I am now coming to expect. They do use some excuse about colours on computers being different to printers, but I have so many beautiful books from several years back that do not reflect the same darkness that my most recent ones do. So enough is enough!! I am moving on .

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Kerryn, thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to hear your photobooks are too dark. If you can please send some photos through to sophie@thephotobookclub.com.au I can have these assessed and we can reprint the book for you.

Sam
SamMelbourne

Worst company ever

I ordered a photobook & spent A LOT of money and time on it to find out that half the photos didnt work. No one bothered to let me know though, they just printed it & sent it out like normal. When I contacted them about it they didnt care. I asked them how to change the template on a new one I had created (and spent hours on organising all the photos in chronological order) and their response was to just delete it and start again. I will be deleting it and will NEVER using this company again.

ant364

Believed to be a scam! Do not use it ...even with a GroupOn voucher

Clement
ClementMelbourne

Beware of hidden Charges

Beware og hidden charges. warning guys
been charged for extra $120!!!! avoid at all cost.
the worst photo book ever.

Chile63
Chile63Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

JUST THE BEST

Sue
SueWollongong

Excellent service on faulty product

I recently had a problem with a canvas. It had a striped effect through the middle. I sent seem photos and they responded within a day to say that they would produce a new canvas which I received within two weeks. The quality and service were excellent.

TimH
TimHMelbourne

Wow! Just wow .....

A great resu;t

Had a little trouble with the designer, not as easy as the old way, but patience
won out and I finished my 120 page book and it has come back looking great. Very happy. Thank you staff
you have done a great job.

Max V
Max VBrisbane

Frustrating design, order never arrived.

Tried to design 2 laser etched bread boards which I got a groupon voucher for. Designer is really frustrating, wouldn't enlarge my picture properly. I had to end up putting my design on a huge white background so that when I zoomed I could actually get my image where I wanted it. Then come checkout time you can only enter one promo code so I had to place a second order, once again really frustrating. And now 2 weeks later it seems that my order has just disappeared into the ether....

Not the same quality as previous.

Similar happened to me since they change the software. The colour bleeds on my last order unlike my previous orders. They replaced it but still the same. It might be related to their option if you want it to enhance the pictures when ordering.

Star
Star

Absolutely Awful Service - Product never arrived

Purchased Calendar last November (and had it made in time for christmas delivery) but it NEVER arrived.

After 3 mths of follow up and getting zero response from PhotoBookClub, the unhelpful staff now claim the Voucher has "expired", so they are going to charge more than the original purchase price to "reactivate" the Voucher - and their website is really difficult to navigate/use.