Listing monitored by The Photobook Club

Disappointing

Hi David,
Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear of this issue. Please feel free to email us at business@photobookshop.com.au and we can try to assist you further.

Hi David,
Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, we haven't received an email to the above email. Are you please able to email chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au so they can assist you further with your enquiry and refund.

Kat H
Kat H

Book printed badly - chopped off borders, not true to preview

Spent a long time using the downloaded software to make my travel photo book. Made sure it was all evenly laid out photos on the page and well within the red margins.
Book arrived today with many of my photos chopped off at the top, or not evenly set on the page, the spine title was chopped off too, and the spine colour not solid (picture wrap from front cover going into spine colour).
Paper quality was good and photo quality good, but it's like the printer printed maligned or something? Will be contacting Photobook club

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Kat! We would love to follow up further with you. Could you please contact riaana@photobookshop.com.au with your order number and they will be able to assist you. Thanks!

Long time customer, never again

Long time customer, almost 8 years now. I have never had to contact them about my orders. Don’t believe their 7 day processing time and don’t bother with express post. They will not fulfil their promises. Put my items on hold because they thought there was an issue, which there wasn’t and they didn’t even bother to contact me to fix this proposed issue.
When telling them about the issues, the customer service are robots and don’t help you.
Long time customer no more.
Never been so disappointed with a company after ordering from them for so long.

Adz
AdzVictoria, 3350

Even after a reprint, the photos aren't square on the page!! :(

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Adz, thank you for taking the time to review us. Our Operations Manager is currently working on this issue with you and has contacted you directly.

Find out how The Photobook Club compares to other Photo Printing Services

Not the same quality as previous.

Similar happened to me since they change the software. The colour bleeds on my last order unlike my previous orders. They replaced it but still the same. It might be related to their option if you want it to enhance the pictures when ordering.

Fester
FesterPerth

Almost non- existent service

I have similar issues. Order placed early January, still waiting. Queried via email 17th February and got an apology with notation that it will be coming but no sign. As it stands now, the telephone link is erratic, more often than not doesn't work, web links also erratic, and now I can't sign in to my account. Have previously loved this product but now, like others, am wondering if the business has gone bust. it's s pain as I have three vouchers to use. And they continue marketing. There's something not right here.

uber ticketek
uber ticketek

Terrible quality - scammy system

The worst thing about this business is that purchases are handled through a 'voucher system' (often) meaning they sell coupons for they products and depend upon people not using them. I did this and redeem 10 x photo magnets. The colour was terrible and the images were cropped. They were nearly all unusable. I had 2 more vouchers for the same product that just 'expired' (you pre-pay your purchases and then have to redeem them). If you want to use you voucher after 'expiry' there is..haw, haw, haw a CHARGE of $5 per voucher.

Scammy. And crap - real crap - quality.

I have tried customer service on the phone but of course its a labyrinth of phone menus.

I just want to use my vouchers and NOT be charged for the privilege.

From excellent to average

I have done about 25 photo books with them over the years, my last 2 orders I received the quality of the book was not as good as they used to be. Well lit pictures were way to dark. Other companies have much better templates and more variety but I always went back to the photo book club because of the excellent quality. After complaining to them in regards to the darkness of the pictures lately, they offered to reprint an old order to match the new order. Why would I reprint a good book to match a bad one. It looks like the new printer settings are different and they are not providing the same quality as before. I used to recommend them to everyone as I loved their product. The lost a loyal costumer in me.

Groupon voucher

How do u use ur Groupon voucher on this site ? I purchased a large chopping board but can't redeem it when I finish designing he product

Find out how The Photobook Club compares to other Photo Printing Services

Do not use, will get extra $ from you

I have ordered acrylic paint. I have used the template provided, all I did was to drag the picture onto the template. week after I ordered they emailed me that the photo is not stretched all the way and that they will reprint it if I pay
$50 they also refused to send me the original print.
I bought few coupons at once I also had picture book, book turned up ok but had issues in finalising ordered and uploading files.

Magpie
MagpieAU

Poor Customer Service particularly if there is a problem with their printing

Falling apart.

I received my book and am very happy with the quality of photos but after opening the book up the whole cover fell off. I also found the frames and colour backgrounds very limiting. The response from the company was always slow if I needed to ask anything and there is no email address on their website or any other contact. The only way I knew how to contact them was after I had placed an order and they sent a confirmation of receiving it.
Photos come out really clear.
The book fell apart. The service was limited and slow. The frames and backgrounds were limited.

Unhappy

Firstly, I have waited weeks for an order and wasn't happy with the response I received when I enquired about the delay. I put in four different orders for magnets and with different addresses to send as gifts. All of the magnets came to my address so now I have to pay postage to send them.
The quality was ok

DonDon
DonDonMelbourne

Voucher codes problem and delayed customer service response

Elle_QLDAU

Mixed review - no communication!

Elle_QLD

Since that one bad experience I've had really good transactions *touch wood*

Robin
Robinasked

Can I make one of your photobooks using an Apple Ipad

Maria
Maria

I have never used my iPad so not sure. As long as you can download the software on your iPad you should be able to do it.

kevin
kevin

Not sure, we used a computer

Hi Robin,
You can use the iPad to create a photobook on the online designer. It may be a little slower though. We always recommend using a PC when available but yes the Ipad should be fine.

Barbaraasked

Hi I trying to download on to an Apple laptop.. it will not allow me is there something extra you need to do .. it keeps saying it is a security risk..

Photorecce1

Hi Barbara, Apple are ultra cautious with software they allow onto their systems and so you may often get messages warning you of potential risks with software that has not been specifically approved by Apple themselves. I would imagine it costs a fair bit to have Apple verify your product and so many organisations who are not "selling" their software may not be able to justify the cost.
There should be no difference in running the Photobook Club software on either a laptop or desktop machine (iPads are of course a whole new ballgame). I run the Photobook Club software very successfully on my iMac and I have friends who run it on their MacBooks.
Usually if your MacBook is warning you of potentially risky / non vetted software you will be given the option to continue with the installation by disabling the "warning system" for a one off instal. Obviously beyond that point you've crossed the safety barrier! I would never, and I do mean NEVER instal anything sent to me by an organisation I didn't know, but given that I know who Photobook Club are and I have checked I'm on the correct website before downloading, I had no hesitation going ahead. Good luck and many happy Photobooks.

Barbara

Thank you for getting back to me.. even if I try and ignore it won’t let me load.. I thought that there might be something extra I needed to do... all my friends, have loaded it, from a photo book group, but none of them have macs... batbara

Barbara

Hi this is the problem... . when you register and click download, you aren’t prompted to download the file, on chrome and safari.

It just goes back to the registration page with no option to download the file

Chezza
Chezzaasked

Can you make a photo book A4 Portrid book with text and images, and what does it cost per page?

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Chezza, yes we do have an A4 Portrait Photobook which can be ordered as a Hardcover or Softcover. You can design the book however you like with as much text and images as you wish. We currently have a 20 page Hardcover A4 Portrait book on sale for $29. You can purchase a prepaid voucher which is valid for 6 months here - https://www.photobookshop.com.au/voucher

G'Day Chezza,
Not a problem creating a Portrait orientation Photobook including whatever you like in the form of photos and text (Import Maps, Greetings cards, certificates, etc too if you so wish). Photobook Club seem to limit the portrait size book to 20 pages, however for very little more you can produce a 30 x30cm book with many more pages - for example a 120 page hardcover is only $50 at present and that includes delivery. Bear in mind you choose the shape of the photo you put on the page, so if 3x2 is your favourite ratio so be it - but 4x3 or square are just as valid. Live it up!
If you remember the cost of film photography that is nothing but awesome! So between the "official Photobook Club response at $1.45 a page and mine at less than 50c a page you have a myriad of choices.
The Photobook Club/Photobook Shop downloadable software is a little "clunky" but it does enable you to produce great Photobooks once you get the hang of it- especially if you "pre-prepare" your images in something like Lightroom, Affinity, etc
Cheers and I hope that helps, Mike