Listing monitored by The Photobook Club

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Deceiving website, not reliable

I purchased double deal voucher within Queens birthday weekend, but when I tried to redeem they say its not double deal. They agreed that product was on double deal on that period, but said I got single product. I cant prove as I didn't get any screenshot, but I know what I bought and double deal mentioned in there. Also why would I buy single product when I can buy two for the same price, does not make any sense to me.

Update: After they resolve my voucher issue, I ordered my canvas prints a week ago and I received them today, so good production/delivery time. Im impressed with the quality, great colours. I have done few canvas prints with BigW before and for me these are better than BigW, overall print quality is great for the price.

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your voucher deal. Please feel free to contact chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au and they will be able to assist you further.

thisarattr
thisarattr

After contacting the CS team, they were managed to fixed the issue. As I get to know it was technical issue and updated my vouchers to reflect the actual deal benefits. Thanks team for looking into this issue.

SergePerth, WA

Was good before but not anymore

We used this service every year for over 5 years now. Prices are great, but as camera quality improves, the quality of albums degrade. Now even images taken with the pro camera look like they were printed at home on an ink jet printer. Tried their better quality option but liked it even less.
They have a good customer service and fix issues quickly - had few albums over the years reprinted for obvious stuff ups.
This year (just received one this week) did not bother messaging them - dont think a reprint will be any better than the one I got.
Will try some other service next year

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction

Hi Serge,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed with your recent order. Please feel free to contact chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au as we would love to assist you further.

Serge

as mentioned already, I know that I can probably get a reprint, but I do not think it will be any better as my previous attempts came out the same

ChappySydney

You cannot delete your account (spam emails keep arriving)

Hi,
Sorry to hear that you have been unsatisfied with your product and that you continue to receive emails from us. If you require any further assistance please email chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au and they will be able to assist you further.

Photorecce1

Can't talk about the quality of the Photobook - It hasn't arrived! Thanks for nothing Aramex

PhotobookClub usually produce a good product at a reasonable price - all good so far. I like their product.
Unfortunately they also us a very poor delivery service to Western Australia in the form of Aramex (formerly the inaccurately named Fastway). Parcel left Melbourne 26/10 its now 10/11 and I paid extra for Aramex's "express service". I could cycle the Nullarbor faster. Oh my how lovely Australia Post looks. The very serious COVID 19 situation is causing great harm and hardship - its also giving a minority of slack organisations their best excuse ever. PhotobookClub risk their reputation being rubbished by a poor quality transport mob - its not the first time Aramex have let me down.

Find out how The Photobook Club compares to other Photo Printing Services

Use them if you want blurry canvas

Ordered some canvases from them. Canvases came out blurry. Send them an email and they asked me to send some photos. Send the photos to them and no reply since after contacting them a few times. They just ignored me. There were also lines acrossed some of the canvases. Very poor quality.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Vincent, can you please email riaana@photobookshop.com.au with your order numbers. They will be able to follow this up for you.

Vincent A.
Vincent A.

I sent an e-mail as per the address provided 10 days ago but yet to received any reply. I has been 1.5 month since my initial e-mail.

Deepthika L.
Deepthika L.Hunter Region, NSW

Not too bad

Not too bad. What I ordered wasn’t what I expected but they got in touch with me after my initial post here and they were fairly good about it. Anyway, quality not great but at least their communication is better.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Deepthika. Sorry to hear about your recent experience with your product! If you would like to email riaana@photobookshop.com.au, they will be able to assist you further :)

disapointed
disapointedPerth, WA

Dont waste your money!!

Ordered a poster from these guys, it came in terrible condition, rolled up very poorly and bends and creases in it. I complained, they sent a new one, in A WORSE CONDITION than the first!
Dont bother with these guys!

Travers
TraversMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent photo books, but very flimsy calendars

The soft cover and hard cover photo books are excellent. Very impressed with the quality of the photos. The software was a bit challenging, though. They really need to simplify the editing processes.

I made up a 2020 Double A4 Hanging Calendar. The photo quality is excellent, but the paper is very thin and not suitable for hanging. Last year, I used BigW Photo's to make a 2019 Double A4 Hanging Calendar and it was much better quality, being printed on sturdy cardboard with a spiral binder. The BigW Photos (and Harvey Norman Photos) calendars are significantly better quality than the Photobook Club calendars.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Appalling delivery service. Xmas gift still not arrived!

Ellie
Ellie

Do not buy !! Terrible

CarmenSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could give negative stars....

Ordered with plenty of time to arrive based on the 4-7 business day production estimate. 3 weeks later, still in production! Emailed customer support a number of times and they dont have the decency to respond. Definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND this company!

Linda D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a shocka!

Purchased a Scoopon voucher and tried to redeam. The website basket hasn't accounted for voucher and has asked me to pay more money. When I started again, it refused my voucher code and says I need to pay another $10 to reactivate!! Tried phoning the company many times, I'm either cut off or redirected to leave my number...needless to say I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me. Very bad in every way. Take my advice & stay right away from this business.

Linda D.

No Add ons or Upgrades were selected at all. I'm sending through the screenshots. Thx

RhinoNeil
RhinoNeilWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Service level has slipped

After 20 plus orders one could say I am a loyal customer of The PhotobookShop Club.
That loyalty and satisfaction with The PhotobookShop Club is quickly disappearing. Their claim that your order will be processed in 2 to 7 business days is false. Totally false.

Worse Company to deal with

Purchase a special from Groupon and have been trying to work out their website to do Xmas ornaments it has taken me a week and l have gotten no where
Tryed to get a refund cause l have had enough and l am getting the run around badly
Please don’t buy from this company

I have emailed your company at least 6 times
At the end all l wanted was my money back which was only $9.95 and that was even to hard
Not interested as this could of been fixed a week and a half ago
Just NOT happy at all

Mark
Mark

Most painful experience of my life!!!

Bought a discount voucher and once started instantly remembered from a previous experience that I promised myself I’d never put myself through this again. Literally contracted AIDS from trying to sort this rubbish program out. Continually times out whilst trying to load pages and have to manually restart computer. Never ever again - kill me now!

Robin
Robinasked

Can I make one of your photobooks using an Apple Ipad

Maria
Maria

I have never used my iPad so not sure. As long as you can download the software on your iPad you should be able to do it.

kevin
kevin

Not sure, we used a computer

Hi Robin,
You can use the iPad to create a photobook on the online designer. It may be a little slower though. We always recommend using a PC when available but yes the Ipad should be fine.

Barbaraasked

Hi I trying to download on to an Apple laptop.. it will not allow me is there something extra you need to do .. it keeps saying it is a security risk..

Photorecce1

Hi Barbara, Apple are ultra cautious with software they allow onto their systems and so you may often get messages warning you of potential risks with software that has not been specifically approved by Apple themselves. I would imagine it costs a fair bit to have Apple verify your product and so many organisations who are not "selling" their software may not be able to justify the cost.
There should be no difference in running the Photobook Club software on either a laptop or desktop machine (iPads are of course a whole new ballgame). I run the Photobook Club software very successfully on my iMac and I have friends who run it on their MacBooks.
Usually if your MacBook is warning you of potentially risky / non vetted software you will be given the option to continue with the installation by disabling the "warning system" for a one off instal. Obviously beyond that point you've crossed the safety barrier! I would never, and I do mean NEVER instal anything sent to me by an organisation I didn't know, but given that I know who Photobook Club are and I have checked I'm on the correct website before downloading, I had no hesitation going ahead. Good luck and many happy Photobooks.

Barbara

Thank you for getting back to me.. even if I try and ignore it won’t let me load.. I thought that there might be something extra I needed to do... all my friends, have loaded it, from a photo book group, but none of them have macs... batbara

Barbara

Hi this is the problem... . when you register and click download, you aren’t prompted to download the file, on chrome and safari.

It just goes back to the registration page with no option to download the file

Chezza
Chezzaasked

Can you make a photo book A4 Portrid book with text and images, and what does it cost per page?

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Chezza, yes we do have an A4 Portrait Photobook which can be ordered as a Hardcover or Softcover. You can design the book however you like with as much text and images as you wish. We currently have a 20 page Hardcover A4 Portrait book on sale for $29. You can purchase a prepaid voucher which is valid for 6 months here - https://www.photobookshop.com.au/voucher

G'Day Chezza,
Not a problem creating a Portrait orientation Photobook including whatever you like in the form of photos and text (Import Maps, Greetings cards, certificates, etc too if you so wish). Photobook Club seem to limit the portrait size book to 20 pages, however for very little more you can produce a 30 x30cm book with many more pages - for example a 120 page hardcover is only $50 at present and that includes delivery. Bear in mind you choose the shape of the photo you put on the page, so if 3x2 is your favourite ratio so be it - but 4x3 or square are just as valid. Live it up!
If you remember the cost of film photography that is nothing but awesome! So between the "official Photobook Club response at $1.45 a page and mine at less than 50c a page you have a myriad of choices.
The Photobook Club/Photobook Shop downloadable software is a little "clunky" but it does enable you to produce great Photobooks once you get the hang of it- especially if you "pre-prepare" your images in something like Lightroom, Affinity, etc
Cheers and I hope that helps, Mike