The Photobook Club

The Photobook Club (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by The Photobook Club

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness
Kerryn
KerrynBrisbane

Dark, Darker and Darkest

I too have been a loyal Photobookclub user and have purchased many books through them. Over the past 2 years I have found the pictures to be getting darker and darker. I am so disappointed with my last few productions. In the past I have had to have some reprinted due to the darkness and colour disparity. I keep going back because I love the products and service, but no more!! I have beautiful photos that deserve to be shown at their best, not this inferior product I am now coming to expect. They do use some excuse about colours on computers being different to printers, but I have so many beautiful books from several years back that do not reflect the same darkness that my most recent ones do. So enough is enough!! I am moving on .

The Photobook Club
Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Kerryn, thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to hear your photobooks are too dark. If you can please send some photos through to sophie@thephotobookclub.com.au I can have these assessed and we can reprint the book for you.

Sam
SamMelbourne

Worst company ever

I ordered a photobook & spent A LOT of money and time on it to find out that half the photos didnt work. No one bothered to let me know though, they just printed it & sent it out like normal. When I contacted them about it they didnt care. I asked them how to change the template on a new one I had created (and spent hours on organising all the photos in chronological order) and their response was to just delete it and start again. I will be deleting it and will NEVER using this company again.

ant364

Believed to be a scam! Do not use it ...even with a GroupOn voucher

Clement
ClementMelbourne

Beware of hidden Charges

Beware og hidden charges. warning guys
been charged for extra $120!!!! avoid at all cost.
the worst photo book ever.

Max V
Max VBrisbane

Frustrating design, order never arrived.

Tried to design 2 laser etched bread boards which I got a groupon voucher for. Designer is really frustrating, wouldn't enlarge my picture properly. I had to end up putting my design on a huge white background so that when I zoomed I could actually get my image where I wanted it. Then come checkout time you can only enter one promo code so I had to place a second order, once again really frustrating. And now 2 weeks later it seems that my order has just disappeared into the ether....

Star
Star

Absolutely Awful Service - Product never arrived

Purchased Calendar last November (and had it made in time for christmas delivery) but it NEVER arrived.

After 3 mths of follow up and getting zero response from PhotoBookClub, the unhelpful staff now claim the Voucher has "expired", so they are going to charge more than the original purchase price to "reactivate" the Voucher - and their website is really difficult to navigate/use.

Kloe
KloeMelbourne

Worst purchase

I saw the photobookclub on GroupOn for personalised magnet deals, offer was for x3 10 packs. In the end i found it so confusing on how to order this with the coupon as the website only allowed me to order x1 10 pack. I tried calling the company, the phones did not even work. An automated "press 1 for this, press 2 for that started, then when i tried pressing buttons nothing registered. I emailed them and never received a response, however started receiving junk mail from them. I got 10 magnets for the deal price of 30 plus 5 dollars postage on top of it! Magnets look like crap as well. Waste of money and time.

have photobook closed down

Has photobook now closed down , cannot be contacted .phones have been disconnected in all states, we are waiting for a book but still in time frame Hope it is still coming.

Laney
Laney

Still waiting.

Ordered.photo book on Feb 1st. Despite 4-14 day promise still waiting. Order still showing as 'in production'. Won't bother again. Poor performance compared to.previous company.

Quality photobook. Poor service. Spammy

Received a few good photobooks from them. Ran into some issues with recent order. Submitted a ticket about 2 weeks ago. Not a single response to date, other than the first automated response. Also, pretty spammy marketing. Sends a promo email every few days. I think it is important for people to see these other aspects of this business.

Netski
NetskiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I gave 3 stars for slow processing

The canvas I ordered itself was good and I was happy, but upon ordering another for my daughter's birthday, I found them to be very slow with "processing" and no other updates on the account. I advise if you are wanting this in good time, make sure you order a good month or more beforehand. Other than that, good and cheap.

TAKING THEIR EYE OFF THE BALL

I have made several Photo books which in the past have been of a very high standard but my last experience was most out of character. I believe they used to do the job very well with great support staff to help you with any issues. The colour of my last books cover was so dark the title blended with the photo on the cover which was also so dark all definition of the scene was lost. I realise that they have moved to new premises, and with each new email I have noticed that their range has gone out of control. Is it a case of getting too big, trying to do everything but not doing any properly.

I'm Happy

Stacey
StaceyMulgrave

This company harasses their customers

Do not sign up or purchase anything from this website. 12 months after I made an order (which never went through and I had to be refunded), they email me 3-4 times per week! I have unsubscribed via their website countless time! I have emailed asking them to remove me from their mailing list! I have messaged them on facebook asking me to remove me from their mailing list!

SLP27
SLP27

No Customer Service

I have used this company for several photobooks and generally am pleased with the result. But the latest one will be my last through this company. I first registered my complaint 4 months ago and despite obtaining one of the so-called tickets I have heard nothing. I have emailed a number of times and actually got through on the phone once to be told they had not received any of my emails (the address was correct) and to send it all again. Needless to say I have again heard nothing. You cannot get though to the LiveChat as it is never on. However they still manage to bombard my email with their advertising!

Terrible customer service

With so many places offering these items I wish I had gone elsewhere. They're very difficult to get hold of and just fob you off when you do get through. Told orders will take 4-14 business days, so far I've been waiting over a month and still no sign. I ordered in plenty of time to send my order overseas, not sure that's going to happen now. When you do speak to someone they obviously don't care and have a bad attitude and they're quite happy to behave in such a careless manner. Definitely won't use them again.

LKT
LKTMelbourne

Do Not Purchase Through This Company

Worst company I have ever dealt with. Did not receive product in specified time frame, have emailed three times in one week - no reply. Tried calling but couldn't get through. Can't believe this company can even be operating. They have taken my money but not supplied me with the product, utterly disappointment & pretty annoyed.

kmitchell_Vic
kmitchell_VicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The online system is SHOCKING to use - the end product was loved by the receiver.

The system crashes constantly, and I could not get anything to work. It took an insane amount of time for the thing to eventually work, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't be bothered spending any more time on it. The product was a chopping board engraved. My friend really loved it, so I guess the quality was good. You need time and patience if you want to use this product!

Kayla
Kayla

Waste of time & money!!!!!

I purchased a 60 page photo book, mouse pad and canvas print. I was not able to use the vouchers.
The photo book kept defaulting to 20 pages and after contacting technical support, I was able to add another 40 pages however none of my photos would upload.

I have attempted to phone customer service at least 4 times and each call is unanswered. I have sent emails asking for a return phone call. I get no phone calls but I do receive an email advising me that I missed their calls - I've had NO missed calls!!!

Absolutely pathetic. I have emailed and requested a refund but my request has been ignored.

Do not use this company!

Mark
Mark

Quality of the photobooks are great - website and tools to create - terrible

The website and the download tool are the worst - system is slow and constantly crashes. A photobook shouldn't be a painful experience to create. If you finally complete then the book is fantastic and good quality and arrives promptly.

Unworkable Website. No Help from Customer Service

We have found this site to be extremely hard to use, confusing and totally infuriating. Customer Service response was "go to the website and follow the steps, it's easy", after we'd tried doing that for ages. It's anything but easy. Would never use or recommend them again.

Sally
Sally

Worst online photobook experience

Shorty
ShortySouthwest, VIC

Quality is not up to scratch. Customer service is pathetic.

I have used several on-line photo developers. This mob are by far the worst. The process of putting together an order involves far too many hoops to jump through and the software is full of glitches. The customer service, if you could call it that, is woeful. If you have a problem, the attitude seems to be "too bad but we've already got your money". Use a local service, or if you have to take your chances on-line, there are much better options out there. Avoid.

JN8
JN8Melbourne

Not delivering as promised

If there is a negative rating, I would put negative on this.
My voucher extension was not honoured. I have tried to contact them many times, but I was ignored. I am thoroughly disappointed with them. Even after showing their own email to say that the voucher should still be valid on the day that I was going to use it, they ignored it.They do not care about their customer!!!
All those amount of work I put in to have my photobook printed on the voucher I bought, and the extension that they granted me - useless!!! A waste of time, a waste of my money.
They said they will look into it, it's almost 3 weeks now, not a word from them.