Listing monitored by The Photobook Club

• Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Disappointing

Hi David,
Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear of this issue. Please feel free to email us at business@photobookshop.com.au and we can try to assist you further.

Hi David,
Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, we haven't received an email to the above email. Are you please able to email chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au so they can assist you further with your enquiry and refund.

SergePerth, WA

Was good before but not anymore

We used this service every year for over 5 years now. Prices are great, but as camera quality improves, the quality of albums degrade. Now even images taken with the pro camera look like they were printed at home on an ink jet printer. Tried their better quality option but liked it even less.
They have a good customer service and fix issues quickly - had few albums over the years reprinted for obvious stuff ups.
This year (just received one this week) did not bother messaging them - dont think a reprint will be any better than the one I got.
Will try some other service next year

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction

Hi Serge,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed with your recent order. Please feel free to contact chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au as we would love to assist you further.

Serge

as mentioned already, I know that I can probably get a reprint, but I do not think it will be any better as my previous attempts came out the same

Kat H
Kat H

Book printed badly - chopped off borders, not true to preview

Spent a long time using the downloaded software to make my travel photo book. Made sure it was all evenly laid out photos on the page and well within the red margins.
Book arrived today with many of my photos chopped off at the top, or not evenly set on the page, the spine title was chopped off too, and the spine colour not solid (picture wrap from front cover going into spine colour).
Paper quality was good and photo quality good, but it's like the printer printed maligned or something? Will be contacting Photobook club

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Kat! We would love to follow up further with you. Could you please contact riaana@photobookshop.com.au with your order number and they will be able to assist you. Thanks!

Photorecce1

Can't talk about the quality of the Photobook - It hasn't arrived! Thanks for nothing Aramex

PhotobookClub usually produce a good product at a reasonable price - all good so far. I like their product.
Unfortunately they also us a very poor delivery service to Western Australia in the form of Aramex (formerly the inaccurately named Fastway). Parcel left Melbourne 26/10 its now 10/11 and I paid extra for Aramex's "express service". I could cycle the Nullarbor faster. Oh my how lovely Australia Post looks. The very serious COVID 19 situation is causing great harm and hardship - its also giving a minority of slack organisations their best excuse ever. PhotobookClub risk their reputation being rubbished by a poor quality transport mob - its not the first time Aramex have let me down.

Deepthika L.
Deepthika L.Hunter Region, NSW

Not too bad

Not too bad. What I ordered wasn’t what I expected but they got in touch with me after my initial post here and they were fairly good about it. Anyway, quality not great but at least their communication is better.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Deepthika. Sorry to hear about your recent experience with your product! If you would like to email riaana@photobookshop.com.au, they will be able to assist you further :)

Travers
TraversMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent photo books, but very flimsy calendars

The soft cover and hard cover photo books are excellent. Very impressed with the quality of the photos. The software was a bit challenging, though. They really need to simplify the editing processes.

I made up a 2020 Double A4 Hanging Calendar. The photo quality is excellent, but the paper is very thin and not suitable for hanging. Last year, I used BigW Photo's to make a 2019 Double A4 Hanging Calendar and it was much better quality, being printed on sturdy cardboard with a spiral binder. The BigW Photos (and Harvey Norman Photos) calendars are significantly better quality than the Photobook Club calendars.

Dark print photobooks

I have been using The Photobook Club for a few years now. Prices are always good. Found the printing on photobooks is not as good as before. It is a bit too dark. Always have high res files. Calendars are ok. Hope they can fix their printing on photobooks.

Ruby List
Ruby ListMelbourne

It’s ok, not great

Customer service is slow and all promises on site such as delivery time is embelished. Have placed order and am looking forward to the products ordered.

Long time customer, never again

Long time customer, almost 8 years now. I have never had to contact them about my orders. Don’t believe their 7 day processing time and don’t bother with express post. They will not fulfil their promises. Put my items on hold because they thought there was an issue, which there wasn’t and they didn’t even bother to contact me to fix this proposed issue.
When telling them about the issues, the customer service are robots and don’t help you.
Long time customer no more.
Never been so disappointed with a company after ordering from them for so long.

Caroline
CarolineSydney

Usually great, production issues at the moment

I love the books I've had so far, but there's something going on at the moment. The website is claiming 2-7 business days for production, but I'm on 20 business days and counting on my last photo book order (it was claiming 2-7 days when I placed the order, too). I've been in touch with them a few times about it, and I saw someone else leave a similar comment on Facebook (where their review tab is suspiciously missing) so it's a known issue at the moment, but still the website carries on claiming 2-7 business days for production. Meanwhile, I ordered a different product and received it within a week.

Adz
AdzVictoria, 3350

Even after a reprint, the photos aren't square on the page!! :(

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Adz, thank you for taking the time to review us. Our Operations Manager is currently working on this issue with you and has contacted you directly.

shazc
shazc

Too Dark

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Shaz, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your photobooks. If you can contact us directly we can resolve this issue for you. Please forward all details of your orders and some photos to sophie@thephotobookclub.com.au .

Kerryn
KerrynBrisbane

Dark, Darker and Darkest

I too have been a loyal Photobookclub user and have purchased many books through them. Over the past 2 years I have found the pictures to be getting darker and darker. I am so disappointed with my last few productions. In the past I have had to have some reprinted due to the darkness and colour disparity. I keep going back because I love the products and service, but no more!! I have beautiful photos that deserve to be shown at their best, not this inferior product I am now coming to expect. They do use some excuse about colours on computers being different to printers, but I have so many beautiful books from several years back that do not reflect the same darkness that my most recent ones do. So enough is enough!! I am moving on .

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Kerryn, thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to hear your photobooks are too dark. If you can please send some photos through to sophie@thephotobookclub.com.au I can have these assessed and we can reprint the book for you.

Not the same quality as previous.

Similar happened to me since they change the software. The colour bleeds on my last order unlike my previous orders. They replaced it but still the same. It might be related to their option if you want it to enhance the pictures when ordering.

Fester
FesterPerth

Almost non- existent service

I have similar issues. Order placed early January, still waiting. Queried via email 17th February and got an apology with notation that it will be coming but no sign. As it stands now, the telephone link is erratic, more often than not doesn't work, web links also erratic, and now I can't sign in to my account. Have previously loved this product but now, like others, am wondering if the business has gone bust. it's s pain as I have three vouchers to use. And they continue marketing. There's something not right here.

Robin
Robinasked

Can I make one of your photobooks using an Apple Ipad

Maria
Maria

I have never used my iPad so not sure. As long as you can download the software on your iPad you should be able to do it.

kevin
kevin

Not sure, we used a computer

Hi Robin,
You can use the iPad to create a photobook on the online designer. It may be a little slower though. We always recommend using a PC when available but yes the Ipad should be fine.

Barbaraasked

Hi I trying to download on to an Apple laptop.. it will not allow me is there something extra you need to do .. it keeps saying it is a security risk..

Photorecce1

Hi Barbara, Apple are ultra cautious with software they allow onto their systems and so you may often get messages warning you of potential risks with software that has not been specifically approved by Apple themselves. I would imagine it costs a fair bit to have Apple verify your product and so many organisations who are not "selling" their software may not be able to justify the cost.
There should be no difference in running the Photobook Club software on either a laptop or desktop machine (iPads are of course a whole new ballgame). I run the Photobook Club software very successfully on my iMac and I have friends who run it on their MacBooks.
Usually if your MacBook is warning you of potentially risky / non vetted software you will be given the option to continue with the installation by disabling the "warning system" for a one off instal. Obviously beyond that point you've crossed the safety barrier! I would never, and I do mean NEVER instal anything sent to me by an organisation I didn't know, but given that I know who Photobook Club are and I have checked I'm on the correct website before downloading, I had no hesitation going ahead. Good luck and many happy Photobooks.

Barbara

Thank you for getting back to me.. even if I try and ignore it won’t let me load.. I thought that there might be something extra I needed to do... all my friends, have loaded it, from a photo book group, but none of them have macs... batbara

Barbara

Hi this is the problem... . when you register and click download, you aren’t prompted to download the file, on chrome and safari.

It just goes back to the registration page with no option to download the file

Chezza
Chezzaasked

Can you make a photo book A4 Portrid book with text and images, and what does it cost per page?

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Chezza, yes we do have an A4 Portrait Photobook which can be ordered as a Hardcover or Softcover. You can design the book however you like with as much text and images as you wish. We currently have a 20 page Hardcover A4 Portrait book on sale for $29. You can purchase a prepaid voucher which is valid for 6 months here - https://www.photobookshop.com.au/voucher

G'Day Chezza,
Not a problem creating a Portrait orientation Photobook including whatever you like in the form of photos and text (Import Maps, Greetings cards, certificates, etc too if you so wish). Photobook Club seem to limit the portrait size book to 20 pages, however for very little more you can produce a 30 x30cm book with many more pages - for example a 120 page hardcover is only $50 at present and that includes delivery. Bear in mind you choose the shape of the photo you put on the page, so if 3x2 is your favourite ratio so be it - but 4x3 or square are just as valid. Live it up!
If you remember the cost of film photography that is nothing but awesome! So between the "official Photobook Club response at $1.45 a page and mine at less than 50c a page you have a myriad of choices.
The Photobook Club/Photobook Shop downloadable software is a little "clunky" but it does enable you to produce great Photobooks once you get the hang of it- especially if you "pre-prepare" your images in something like Lightroom, Affinity, etc
Cheers and I hope that helps, Mike