Listing monitored by The Photobook Club

• Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness
Julie
JulieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Very good service and product

Have been using Photobook Club for years -my photos come out well -colour has always been good -downloading is very fast and books do not take too long to be made up and sent back to me. Have told several friends to try photobook they are happy saying it is easy to use and quality is good - Their specials are excellent and the offers are regular making it very affordable to keep making photo books - price is very good- plenty of sizes to choose from as well

Marilynn
MarilynnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Happy but disappointed as well!

I was happy with my small book ordered 0r compiled as soft cover & to my surprise given the hard cover as a gift to me. Although I had gone thru previews & had my husband re check it I found 3 spelling mistakes obviously my mistake! Which was disappointing, Could all mistakes including spelling be built into the preview to alert the customer of their mistake not just outside borders & frames or other features please.

Hi Marilynn,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and feedback. We will definitely take it on board. We appreciate your support!

linda
lindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

excellent value for money

very pleased with my 2 photobooks and 2 calendars. Staff were very helpful when I had queries and I was pleased with all the scrapbooking objects available to decorate my books. The reason I didn't give them 5 stars was because there was no way to decorate the calendars for that personal touch alongside the photos. Scrapbooking choices for the calendars would have been great.

Hi Linda,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and feedback. We will take that on board. We appreciate your support!

SergePerth, WA

Was good before but not anymore

We used this service every year for over 5 years now. Prices are great, but as camera quality improves, the quality of albums degrade. Now even images taken with the pro camera look like they were printed at home on an ink jet printer. Tried their better quality option but liked it even less.
They have a good customer service and fix issues quickly - had few albums over the years reprinted for obvious stuff ups.
This year (just received one this week) did not bother messaging them - dont think a reprint will be any better than the one I got.
Will try some other service next year

Hi Serge,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed with your recent order. Please feel free to contact chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au as we would love to assist you further.

Serge

as mentioned already, I know that I can probably get a reprint, but I do not think it will be any better as my previous attempts came out the same

Photorecce1

Can't talk about the quality of the Photobook - It hasn't arrived! Thanks for nothing Aramex

PhotobookClub usually produce a good product at a reasonable price - all good so far. I like their product.
Unfortunately they also us a very poor delivery service to Western Australia in the form of Aramex (formerly the inaccurately named Fastway). Parcel left Melbourne 26/10 its now 10/11 and I paid extra for Aramex's "express service". I could cycle the Nullarbor faster. Oh my how lovely Australia Post looks. The very serious COVID 19 situation is causing great harm and hardship - its also giving a minority of slack organisations their best excuse ever. PhotobookClub risk their reputation being rubbished by a poor quality transport mob - its not the first time Aramex have let me down.

Katica G.
Katica G.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Happy customer of 9 years

Service has been great and speedy. I have tried multiple photo book products. My favourite is the 33cm x 27cm standard photo books. Love the additional upgrades - consistent sizing of my photos much easier now.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Thank you for the great feedback Katica. We truly appreciate the support you have given us over the years, thank you!

Deepthika L.
Deepthika L.Hunter Region, NSW

Not too bad

Not too bad. What I ordered wasn’t what I expected but they got in touch with me after my initial post here and they were fairly good about it. Anyway, quality not great but at least their communication is better.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Deepthika. Sorry to hear about your recent experience with your product! If you would like to email riaana@photobookshop.com.au, they will be able to assist you further :)

Jzen
JzenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loyal customer

Excellent service with easy access to help desk. If there is a problem it is usually sorted quickly. I’ve been using service for about 8 years for books and canvases.

Travers
TraversMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent photo books, but very flimsy calendars

The soft cover and hard cover photo books are excellent. Very impressed with the quality of the photos. The software was a bit challenging, though. They really need to simplify the editing processes.

I made up a 2020 Double A4 Hanging Calendar. The photo quality is excellent, but the paper is very thin and not suitable for hanging. Last year, I used BigW Photo's to make a 2019 Double A4 Hanging Calendar and it was much better quality, being printed on sturdy cardboard with a spiral binder. The BigW Photos (and Harvey Norman Photos) calendars are significantly better quality than the Photobook Club calendars.

Julie
JulieNorth Queensland, QLD

Sturdy and reliable

Dark print photobooks

I have been using The Photobook Club for a few years now. Prices are always good. Found the printing on photobooks is not as good as before. It is a bit too dark. Always have high res files. Calendars are ok. Hope they can fix their printing on photobooks.

Ruby List
Ruby ListMelbourne

It’s ok, not great

Customer service is slow and all promises on site such as delivery time is embelished. Have placed order and am looking forward to the products ordered.

Caroline
CarolineSydney

Usually great, production issues at the moment

I love the books I've had so far, but there's something going on at the moment. The website is claiming 2-7 business days for production, but I'm on 20 business days and counting on my last photo book order (it was claiming 2-7 days when I placed the order, too). I've been in touch with them a few times about it, and I saw someone else leave a similar comment on Facebook (where their review tab is suspiciously missing) so it's a known issue at the moment, but still the website carries on claiming 2-7 business days for production. Meanwhile, I ordered a different product and received it within a week.

Robbie
RobbieAU

Only one minus

I have been very happy with this company and its products. The help given over the phone was excellent and deliveries have been within a few days. However I feel the last two books have been darker than I would have liked. The last book which arrived within 3 days is the darkest. Too much contrast -Too colourful but missing the in between tones. If there is a next time I will not use the enhance feature and may lighten all my photos?

shazc
shazc

Too Dark

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Shaz, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your photobooks. If you can contact us directly we can resolve this issue for you. Please forward all details of your orders and some photos to sophie@thephotobookclub.com.au .

Robin
Robinasked

Can I make one of your photobooks using an Apple Ipad

Maria
Maria

I have never used my iPad so not sure. As long as you can download the software on your iPad you should be able to do it.

kevin
kevin

Not sure, we used a computer

Hi Robin,
You can use the iPad to create a photobook on the online designer. It may be a little slower though. We always recommend using a PC when available but yes the Ipad should be fine.

Barbaraasked

Hi I trying to download on to an Apple laptop.. it will not allow me is there something extra you need to do .. it keeps saying it is a security risk..

Photorecce1

Hi Barbara, Apple are ultra cautious with software they allow onto their systems and so you may often get messages warning you of potential risks with software that has not been specifically approved by Apple themselves. I would imagine it costs a fair bit to have Apple verify your product and so many organisations who are not "selling" their software may not be able to justify the cost.
There should be no difference in running the Photobook Club software on either a laptop or desktop machine (iPads are of course a whole new ballgame). I run the Photobook Club software very successfully on my iMac and I have friends who run it on their MacBooks.
Usually if your MacBook is warning you of potentially risky / non vetted software you will be given the option to continue with the installation by disabling the "warning system" for a one off instal. Obviously beyond that point you've crossed the safety barrier! I would never, and I do mean NEVER instal anything sent to me by an organisation I didn't know, but given that I know who Photobook Club are and I have checked I'm on the correct website before downloading, I had no hesitation going ahead. Good luck and many happy Photobooks.

Barbara

Thank you for getting back to me.. even if I try and ignore it won’t let me load.. I thought that there might be something extra I needed to do... all my friends, have loaded it, from a photo book group, but none of them have macs... batbara

Barbara

Hi this is the problem... . when you register and click download, you aren’t prompted to download the file, on chrome and safari.

It just goes back to the registration page with no option to download the file

Chezza
Chezzaasked

Can you make a photo book A4 Portrid book with text and images, and what does it cost per page?

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Chezza, yes we do have an A4 Portrait Photobook which can be ordered as a Hardcover or Softcover. You can design the book however you like with as much text and images as you wish. We currently have a 20 page Hardcover A4 Portrait book on sale for $29. You can purchase a prepaid voucher which is valid for 6 months here - https://www.photobookshop.com.au/voucher

G'Day Chezza,
Not a problem creating a Portrait orientation Photobook including whatever you like in the form of photos and text (Import Maps, Greetings cards, certificates, etc too if you so wish). Photobook Club seem to limit the portrait size book to 20 pages, however for very little more you can produce a 30 x30cm book with many more pages - for example a 120 page hardcover is only $50 at present and that includes delivery. Bear in mind you choose the shape of the photo you put on the page, so if 3x2 is your favourite ratio so be it - but 4x3 or square are just as valid. Live it up!
If you remember the cost of film photography that is nothing but awesome! So between the "official Photobook Club response at $1.45 a page and mine at less than 50c a page you have a myriad of choices.
The Photobook Club/Photobook Shop downloadable software is a little "clunky" but it does enable you to produce great Photobooks once you get the hang of it- especially if you "pre-prepare" your images in something like Lightroom, Affinity, etc
Cheers and I hope that helps, Mike