Shoddy workmanship, slow to do repairs
Will never rent with Ralan again. The unit is only 3 years old, we have massive structural cracks running up the CENTRE of walls, the bathroom was not waterproofed and the shower water has run between the tiles and out underneath the carpet - have reported this twice and still not fixed. The carpet is ruined, my wooden dining table that was a wedding present is ruined. The dishwasher was broken down 3 TIMES. All plants in the garden are dying for no apparent reason (even mulched and replaced plants at my own cost). All Ralan care about is ...rent, rent, rent. If I were the owner I would be extremely upset. Our security panel for the front door has never worked. We have had the air conditioning unit which was not installed properly leak through the ceiling. Can hear people upstairs walking. Don't go with Ralan - the unit are pretty but you WILL have issues.
Frustrating and Extremely incompetent
1. Re read your contract about lease break. It all depends on agents efficiency and how soon they can lease out the contract. Our agent missed open homes, updated the inspection times hours before the actual inspection, advertised at an absurd rent. Basically did everything possible that delayed leasing out the property. Basically misinformed about the market by a long shot.
2. This meant I was chasing Ralan up, calling them 2 times a day atleast for 4 weeks to get them moving.
3. Miscalculation of rent owing.
4. Delaying the release of the bond, with no apparent reason.
I am not sure if all this was intentional, I hope not, which could only mean they are absolutely incompetent. Stay away
Absolute rubbish company - avoid like the plague
Worst building company I have ever come across. We are renting an apartment on a high floor in Burwood by Ralan and the term "poor quality" has been given a new meaning;
1. Building materials of the lowest quality as evidenced by significant cracks and superficial damage within the apartment and the building hallways, after only a few years since the building was completed
2. Single glazed windows in a building right next to the train line and moderate traffic streets. These windows have also been poorly fitted as there are small gaps tha...t fail to provide sound insulation 3. Worse than amateur workmanship across the apartment as seen by the inconsistent paint job, tile placement, loose window seals 4. Absolute minimal levels of functionality from inbuilt appliances, eg, ONE tiny kitchen sink that make washing dishes close to impractical, a tiny dishwasher where medium sized plates cannot be placed on bottom tray otherwise the fan would hit it during cleaning, a tiny microwave that can only fit one bowl or plate at a time, and very limited cabinet space.
My place got flooded
The worst agency ever
They take no responsibility about anything,they just know money .
My place been flooded with water for over 2 days I tried to call them I beg them for help the just didnt care, we spend 2 nights in hotel i couldn't go to work for 2 days and I had to take my dog to doggy hotels, and all I get from them was "we can't help you" .
Now im still at hotel and my place become like a swimming pool, all my furniture has been ruined.
At the end I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS AGENCY AT ALL.
Poorly Built, No Soundproof, It's A Disaster, Good Advice Stay Away From This Rubbish.
I hear every tiny footsteps from the tenant upstairs, poorly built, no soundproof, it's a disaster. We are just tenants fortunately, Cherry Street, Warrawee!! Good advice stay away from this rubbish. I can't wait to move to a good place where I will have a good sleep.
If there is a good review for Ralan, it must somebody working for them wrote it. We are renting Ralan apt, the strata manager is really good but the whole complex is bad. Noise from the other unit just for day to day activities such as having a shower, watching TV is unbearable as it become to obvious without proper insulation I haven't been sleeping really well since we moved in.
Perfect location and reasonable price
38 Shoreline Drive, Rhodes is a great location in west of Sydney, easy to walk to Shopping centre and take the public transit. The rental price was good compare with other Apt in this area. The sound proofing is good, and what make me most happy is it is dog friendly. We had rented it for more than 6 months and we had to move out to north now.
We will surely miss the the water side view.
Questions & Answers
I am looking at buying a Ralan built unit in Eulbertie street Warrawee. How do I know that the comments made with respect to the properties in Killara and Roseville do not apply here?
To be fair honestly you don't know. It's just a chance if you are willing to take.
If I was to be subjective, it's too big of a purchase to risk giving their reputation. Now that I know the nature of this developer and the business ethics of the people I would not recommend anyone to buy from them.
It's your call tho.
Yes their building in warrawee may be of better build quality but you just don't know until you move in and find out. If I were you I'd try and source a mirvac building or a building from a smaller developer with a higher build quality
Without going into too much detail, I have extensive experience with Ralan apartments. My recommendation is that you stay well away from anything built by them regardless of the suburb, as the same builder is used for each project. You will be setting yourself up for significant ongoing cost through special levies and repairs within the unit itself. Stay away.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.