The Salt Cell Site

The Salt Cell Site

See the Best Pool & Spa Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for The Salt Cell Site? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.2
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (4)

Very poor customer service and Cell did not fit

Ordered a replacement cell paid my $400 and it came within a few days. Trouble was the replacement cell housing was poorly manufactured and would not fit the unit as claimed. Sent emails with photos describing the problem no reply sent more emails, phoned and was fobbed off when Steve answered his phone. Eventually I gave up. I had pay for a 3D printer to make an insert to get the cell working. Although it is working now I don't hold much hope that it will be good as the original. I definitely do not recommend this vendor.

Mark Tinsey
Mark TinseySydney, NSW

Pentair Free Flow Salt Chlorinator

Had one for 2 Years and 10 Months, Warranty was 3 Years, Spoke to Pool & Spa Wharehouse they looked into it, next to No Help at all, called it High Salt Damage and voided Warranty. Definitely Never use this Product again. Using a Different Pool Shop as well. Very poor Support for an expensive Unit

Stephen Grech
Stephen GrechSydney, NSW

Excellent advice

Hi Steve
Excellent advice knows all his products. I have had pools over 30 years I wish I had spoken to Steve years ago. I was looking at buying a very expensive chlorinator . Steve advice me on a Crystal Chlorinator PR 3000 .So I made the purchase on line arrived in 3 days . Easy and straightforward installation like Steve said it that good I run it on very low setting. Much cheaper than other pool shops that want you to buy their very expensive products .No one could come close to salt cell com price . Steve is very easy to talk too returns phone calls as soon as he can. Stephen Grech

Andrew H.
Andrew H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Quality Product.

The replacement Saltwater cell I received is better quality than the original. I received the new cell within two days and it fixed all my issues. Although the cell I needed wasn't listed a simple phone call and I was able to purchasing the correct part.

Tim S
Tim SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Exceptional Service

Exceptional service I cant fault Steve's service. Delivery within 2 days of order. Returned phone call promptly, was informative and helpful offering knowledge I could not get from my local pool shop.

Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Warning Warning Warning Do Not Trust This Supplier

Salt Cell NEVER received.....
I agree with all the negative responses to this business. I lost $895.00.
I was unable to obtain a courier tracking number after many attempts and a promise by [name removed] to email this to me.
Do not trust unless your happy to throwing your money away.
I have reported them to ACCC and my bank hoping to get a refund.
Finally I wish I had seen this site before I decided to use them as I certainly would have keep away....

Arthur
ArthurPerth

Complete Rip Off and ZERO Integrity

This company lacks integrity. Quick to take your money and when returning the product will not answer phone calls, or SMS, or even to the online contact form. Sent numerous messages. Tried over twenty phone calls, and at least ten plus online contact forms and SMSs.
Buyers beware and be warned. Very helpful when making enquiries, so do not be suckered.
I wished I read these reviews before I purchased from them as I am still waiting for my money back!

Judi
JudiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Salt cells.com .au

Dont waste your money ! My cell has never functioned at 100%. The 6 yr warranty means nothing and Steve fobs you off with one promise after another thats when you can get hold of him.!

Leonie
LeonieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Salt-cells.com.au - rip off

These people take your money and dont send product. Steve is a thief and a liar
Salt-cells.com.au is his new site sets them but doesnt deliver then changes the name of his company. Total scammer

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Rip Off No Warranty Won't Call Or Email You Back

I bought a replacement cell from this company less than a year ago and it stopped working 2 months ago. The cell is supposed to have a 5 year warranty. However, I have made a dozen calls and left voice messages several times but have never received a call back or message from them and it has been over 30 days since I began trying to get ahold of someone. So your warranty is useless and so is your cell after less than a year. They go under several different names in the USA but the main operation is in Australia. RIP OFF Save your money and buy elsewhere.
Beware of these sites
saltcellsupply.com
thesaltcell. com
thesaltsite. com

Salt cell worked with modification but only for 2 years

I bought a salt cell from this company 2 years ago.
They supplied me with an incorrectly sized plug but I was able to modify it by attaching my old one to make it work.
I sent them photos and rang for help. Did not get a response.
The cell has lasted 2 years and needs replacing.
Be aware as they also operate under a different name.

mike
mikecoffs harbour

Warning, do not use this company.

Laddy
LaddySydney

Disappointed in the lack of communication

I did my research and was swayed by the photos of the cell that I required. I was not after the non hard wired type and my installation would not allow it...I went with the photo as displayed on the website. When I received the item it was not as per described on the site and was not of a hard wired variety. In fact it was a multi pug variety and in fact it can be purchased at a lot of sites for a lot less including postage. I then returned the item, express post as I could not get the owners to answer any calls or respond to emails....it has been nearly 4 weeks and still no response back, either via email and or phone after multiple attempts. Extremely unprofessional and in essence I cannot recommend ...

My advice is to shop elsewhere.

Very happy with the product

Received the product within the week! The result in the item is very satisfactory. Recommend this site for its great service.

Amar Pa
Amar PaPerth

Great Customer Service

Your company was extremely helpful in aiding me in my pool chlorinator endeavors. In fact, I had a hard time with 3 other companies, none of which knew what they were talking about. Steve was courteous, knowledgable, and very helpful.