The Sunglass Fix

The Sunglass Fix (page 2 of 12)

Online store, Physical store

As good as the reviews

So please with my repaired sunnies after dropping them and damaging the lenses.

Fast, efficient service with clear prompt communication turned around quickly in time for Christmas!

They even serviced my frames so now they’re as good as new!

Thank you!

Great product with the Best customer service

Multiple repeat customer over many years. We own a water sport business and have replaced Maui Jim’s and Ray Ban sunnies with new lenses from Sunglass Fix. Excellent quality, easy ordering and the most friendly, helpful customer service I have experienced.

Amazing service & extremely helpful!

The lenses are fantastic quality & the staff were super helpful. After I ordered the wrong ones, they sent me the new lenses at no extra cost & matched them to my glasses perfectly. Highly recommend!!

Very helpful

I had no difficulty finding the right lenses, but could not get the tiny screw undone. Effort, WD40, brother, prayers... nothing worked.
So I packed it all up and sent it back, and after about 10 days I got my raybans back, good as new.
Sunglasses Fix is the right name for these very helpful people.

Bob

BobAU

"Excellent service"

Excellent service from sunglass fix. My Oakley lenses were damaged and Oakley said it won't cover under the warranty and it cost me $15 to send it to Oakley for warranty check. When I ring Oakley service for replacement lenses, they said it will cost $99 for a new pair, when the whole sunglass cost only $120. Then I found sunglass fix through Google search. I ordered for a replacement lenses for my Oakley sunglasses. Received on time with out any damage. One of the lenses I received was loose from the frame. When I informed this to sunglass fix, the customer service person was ready to resend another piece with out asking further questions. Thank you very much sunglass fix. Great service and competitive price.

Matt

MattBrunei

Service is as fabulous as the product

Having ordered 2 sets of my replacement lenses, upon receiving them, I was at first disappointed to discover that 3 of my 4 lenses didn’t fit my Arnettes. I emailed Sunglass Fix and they responded within 24 hours to explain that the calibration on my sets were out and that they would immediately resend 2 new sets after having tested them for sizing. This obviously made me feel much better about the situation and despite the extra wait, it was well worth it as the extra ‘free’ pairs of lenses are awesome. Fit perfectly as promised and do the job brilliantly, as they are even better than the original lenses, which is especially important given that I live in the tropics! Outstanding service and product.

Jools

JoolsEdinburgh

Perfect fit...

I got a pair of non prescription lenses for ray ban RBX5228 glasses frame. They were perfect and the easiest lenses to take out and replace. I followed the help video and it couldn't have been simpler. I will definataly be buying again from Sunglass Fix. The delivery was quick and arrived
when they said and their communication was also excellent. Thank you for a great transaction. 10/10

Mike

MikeSydney

Doubled the life of my sunnies and saved me a heap of money

My 3 year old Prada sunnies were getting all scratched up and embarrassing. I was looking at an expensive replacement and sad goodbye, until I found these guys who were able to send me replacement lenses for $35 in under a week. Indistinguishable from the originals. Very happy.

Woody

WoodyHigh Wycombe

Fantastic

My Oakley 5s lenses had gone all bubbly. They are 50-60 quid to buy new whereas the lenses from sunglasses fix were 20 quid.
I knew they would be good quality as they are made in Australia and not some Chinese rubbish.
Quick delivery considering they were delivered from Australia. Fitted perfectly and my sunnies are now like new again. Highly recommended.

Davers

DaversHolmfirth

Amazing

I only make reviews if the service is bad or excellent. I have to say excellent on this occasion. I did have my doubts about placing an order to the opposite side of the world to the UK. I placed my order on the 4/4/18 with tracking and received the order today 9/4/18. Would recommend no problems.

Charles

CharlesLondon

Excellent Service

Very good experience with Sunglass Fix. needed some replacement lenses for my Oakley sunglasses and mistakenly ordered the wrong ones. Sent a note to Craig (CEO) and he responded on a Sunday. They sent me the correct lenses and refunded me for the ones i returned - no hassle. Really good service and will use them again.

Jimmy

JimmyLondon

Perfect - couldn't have asked for better

Replaced some chipped Prada lenses and the ones from The Sunglass Fix were better than the originals (I opted for polarised lenses). Delivery was quick. Would recommend.

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Quality replacement lenses at a fraction of the cost!

I had two $300+ designer sunnies that I was ready to toss due to badly scratched lenses. The Sunglass Fix company replaced the damaged lenses at a fraction of the cost that I was quoted by the optometrist. In my opinion the replacement lenses look and feel like they’re better quality than the originals. Throughout the process they were highly communicative, helpful and extremely responsive. I highly recommend this service.

Bruce B.

Bruce B.Camarillo, California

The Sunglass Fix is simply amazing.

I had a pair of Prada sunglasses with two badly scratched lens, one of which had actually fallen out. The Sunglass Fix replaced the lens with a quality of lens that, I believe, actually exceed the original quality of the manufacturer; quite simply, my sunglasses are better than new for a mere fraction of the price of a new pair. The communication of the company, the lightening quick repair turnaround and the amazing quality of the repair easily earn 5 out of 5 stars.

KissMiss

KissMiss

Great service.

my Ray Ban replacement lenses fit perfectly and my vision is relaxed, very happy with the customer service provided, the instructions to replace lenses were easy to understand & straight forward.

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

amazing lenses, super friendly service

these guys went above and beyond when there was a slight glitch with my order, and as it turns out, the lenses are even better than my original Maui Jim's. dead serious. HIGHLY recommend!

Lenses didn't fit in my frames

I bought lenses to fit my arnette stickup 4147. The lenses never fitted into the frames properly. The two ends you can get it with a struggle but the sides I can never get to sit in properly. Now the tint is bubbling at the top because of this.

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Perfect, best customer service as well!

Use this team to fix your glasses 100%. They will get it right, they wont charge you outrageous prices, and they respond right away. I will not be going to anybody else for sunglasses repair and I live in Los Angeles. It is totally worth it for me to ship to them every single time! Don't make the mistake of using anybody else!

Emily

EmilySydney, NSW

Quick, professional and great service

Very quick at responding to my queries, really quick to replace lenses and send back, high quality lenses. Fantastic experience all round.

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Hi Emily, thanks so much for the wonderful feedback. Very happy we could get your favorite sunglasses restored for you. enjoy and thanks again. Craig Anderson - Founder of The Sunglass Fix

The replacement lenses

Got replacement lenses which matched the old ones, were great for a few years but then the inside of the lenses started wearing or rubbing off which made them very annoying to wear as they are patchy to view through.

Mike Masked

Dear Sunglass Fix,

I have a pair of Maui Jim Stingray sunglasses. Model number is MJ-103-10. Tortoise frame. Polarised brown lens with a mirror finish. I've cracked the right lens and would like to replace. How do ensure I get the right lens colour and mirroring. And what kind of lens do you provide for this model please?

Michael

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Hi Mike, your best bet is to visit our website at this link:

This is the product for your frames. We have a wide selection of lenses we make for the Stingrays. However, it's hard to know exactly what lenses you have. From what I can tell the MJ-103-10 specifies the Stingray in the Tortoise frame but not the lens colour.

You can send our care team an email with a photo to info@thesunglassfix.com.au and they can probably help you ensure you get the closest match if you can't work that out from the website.

Hope that helps, Craig and the Sunglass Fix Team

Mike M

Thanks...I've ordered the lens'.
Best
Mike

Margaret Dasked

How long does the replacement lenses last my Maui Jims lasted 2 years lost the colour in one of the lense can’t wear them anymore looks distorted and horrible

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Hi Margaret, Replacement lenses like original lenses vary greatly in useful life. Much of the life of the lenses depends on the type of lens you have and the way they are treated and stored.
Non polarized lenses can last longer and their manufacturing process is simpler. They usually are a lens that is coloured and then treated with coatings to protect the lens.
Polarzied lenses are usually multiple lenses fused together. This fusing is usually a robust process but can deteriorate over time in extreme situations like heat or chemical attack and once the layers start to separate the process usually progresses as more things can make their way between the fused lenses causing further separation.
That said, I've seen lenses last for a week as they get scratched through a large drop or contact with a very sharp object in a bag affecting the main visual portion of a lenses. I've also seen both regular and polarized lenses last for 7 or more years with good care.
Lenses are also made from different material. Maui Jim uses Glass lenses in some of it's models as well as plastic in others. Plastic is lighter and safer and can be used in many rimless light frames models. Glass, being 3 times as heavy is usually used in full framed sunglasses. Glass is harder than any plastic hard coated lenses I've seen on the market. Therefore, it's usually stronger in terms of scratch protection. That said, one drop and the heavy lens can hit the ground and break destroying the lenses. They also tend to not be as comfortable to wear.
If I had to put an average on how often I would think people would replace their lenses I would say regular lenses would probably last a good 3 years of heavy use if kept from bad scratch scenarios. Polarized would probably last around two on average. That said, replacing lenses every 2 or 3 years would mean you have good performing, clear vision for about 6 cents a day for polarized and about 2 cents a day for regular lenses.
They can last a lot longer if cleaned with warm soapy water on a monthly basis or right after exposure to chemicals such as sun screens, bug spray, or perfumes. Also storing them in a microfiber case can do wonders for keeping them scratch free. I do find it amazing how many scratches take place when sunglasses are not in use compared to when in use.
Again, I have a pair I haven't treated considerably well that's polarized and are 6 years old. However, I've also gone through some much quicker by cleaning them on a dirty t-shirt with something that cut through the lenses.

We are always looking at ways to improve the lenses and hope that someday the technology and manufacturing processes available will improve so the lenses last even longer. However, with replacement lenses available and becoming more commonplace at least there's a much more cost effective option than buying an entire new pair when your lenses get worn. They certainly are the most important aspect in terms of performance so having clear, good performing lenses, is important.

Hope that helps, Craig Anderson CEO and founder Sunglass Fix

Margaret D

Thanks very much will have to order some more as they are the most comfortable sunglasses to wear iv had the frame for around 8 years

Jess Warren

Jess Warrenasked

Hello I was wondering if you supply replacement lenses for Burberry 3088 sunglasses ? Thanks, Jess

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

HI Jess, I just checked our site and unfortunately we don't carry the 3088's yet. However, we would have not problems making and installing a pair for you.
It's the same price as buying the lenses with the exception of mailing cost. However, it's a very easy process.
Here's more information on our site about getting us to make and install lenses for you.

Also call us in 1800 Sun Fix is you want to discuss how it works and have them help you get an order in.
Thanks, Craig and the team at Sunglass Fix