Online store, Physical store

Very disappointing quality

I received my replacement lenses today in the UK ahead of the scheduled lead time and was excited to fit them into my old Rayban frames. The instructional video advised unscrewing the frames and popping out the old lenses. This was fairly easy. However the replacement lenses are very slightly different in curvature to the originals and fitting was considerably more difficult, so much so that in the process both of the new lenses de laminated a small amount in the edges. They are in and better than my old ones that had a scratch but certainly not perfect.

Not worth the money at all

Lens for Prada glasses could not be fitted as they were cut slightly differently to the originals. I was worried the frames would break if I pushed harder. Issue with website too - my profile showed 3 other peoples’ orders including their addresses!!

Alannahunicorn
Alannahunicorn

Problem has been solved. Thanks for your communication and assistance.

Lenses didn't fit in my frames

I bought lenses to fit my arnette stickup 4147. The lenses never fitted into the frames properly. The two ends you can get it with a struggle but the sides I can never get to sit in properly. Now the tint is bubbling at the top because of this.

Optical Retailers

Find out how The Sunglass Fix compares to other Optical Retailers

Poor fitment and customer svc

Lenses didn't fit. Took to Optometrist who had to grind them down to fit. Customer service didn't offer to refund any portion. Would not recommend

Josh
Josh
Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Product didn't fit. Service was great though!

The website, deliver, pricing eye was FABRASTIC. But the product itself was not suitable for my Rayban clubmasters. The shape and size was wrong based on the suggested lenses and now my glasses are unusable.

JennyD

JennyDasked

The Sunglass Fix

How long is shipping to Canada? Postal code N3W 2G9. I'm looking to replace polarized lenses for my husbands Maui Jim Stingrays. He's a little worried buying 'aftermarket' but you do have really good reviews. If you have anything to add to ease his mind that be great. Thx so much.

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Hi Jenny, Normally shipping to Canada can take 2-3 weeks with our free shipping or for a few dollars you can upgrade to express and get it in 1-2 weeks with tracking. However, with international borders closed all bets are off. DHL is no longer guaranteeing times. We've seen dealys of 1-3 weeks over what they state. Good news is it appears to be getting better. It's not all DHL, They use the domestic postal systems to perform the last leg within country and that's taking way longer than normal due to pandemic distancing and other reasons. Anyhow, best case at prsent is probably 2 weeks. Worse case 5 or 6.
Sorry, wish things were better but the world will get back to normal before long.
Craig and the team at Sunglass Fix

Mike Masked

Dear Sunglass Fix,

I have a pair of Maui Jim Stingray sunglasses. Model number is MJ-103-10. Tortoise frame. Polarised brown lens with a mirror finish. I've cracked the right lens and would like to replace. How do ensure I get the right lens colour and mirroring. And what kind of lens do you provide for this model please?

Michael

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Hi Mike, your best bet is to visit our website at this link:

This is the product for your frames. We have a wide selection of lenses we make for the Stingrays. However, it's hard to know exactly what lenses you have. From what I can tell the MJ-103-10 specifies the Stingray in the Tortoise frame but not the lens colour.

You can send our care team an email with a photo to info@thesunglassfix.com.au and they can probably help you ensure you get the closest match if you can't work that out from the website.

Hope that helps, Craig and the Sunglass Fix Team

Mike M

Thanks...I've ordered the lens'.
Best
Mike

Margaret Dasked

The Sunglass Fix

How long does the replacement lenses last my Maui Jims lasted 2 years lost the colour in one of the lense can’t wear them anymore looks distorted and horrible

Craig A.The Sunglass Fix

Hi Margaret, Replacement lenses like original lenses vary greatly in useful life. Much of the life of the lenses depends on the type of lens you have and the way they are treated and stored.
Non polarized lenses can last longer and their manufacturing process is simpler. They usually are a lens that is coloured and then treated with coatings to protect the lens.
Polarzied lenses are usually multiple lenses fused together. This fusing is usually a robust process but can deteriorate over time in extreme situations like heat or chemical attack and once the layers start to separate the process usually progresses as more things can make their way between the fused lenses causing further separation.
That said, I've seen lenses last for a week as they get scratched through a large drop or contact with a very sharp object in a bag affecting the main visual portion of a lenses. I've also seen both regular and polarized lenses last for 7 or more years with good care.
Lenses are also made from different material. Maui Jim uses Glass lenses in some of it's models as well as plastic in others. Plastic is lighter and safer and can be used in many rimless light frames models. Glass, being 3 times as heavy is usually used in full framed sunglasses. Glass is harder than any plastic hard coated lenses I've seen on the market. Therefore, it's usually stronger in terms of scratch protection. That said, one drop and the heavy lens can hit the ground and break destroying the lenses. They also tend to not be as comfortable to wear.
If I had to put an average on how often I would think people would replace their lenses I would say regular lenses would probably last a good 3 years of heavy use if kept from bad scratch scenarios. Polarized would probably last around two on average. That said, replacing lenses every 2 or 3 years would mean you have good performing, clear vision for about 6 cents a day for polarized and about 2 cents a day for regular lenses.
They can last a lot longer if cleaned with warm soapy water on a monthly basis or right after exposure to chemicals such as sun screens, bug spray, or perfumes. Also storing them in a microfiber case can do wonders for keeping them scratch free. I do find it amazing how many scratches take place when sunglasses are not in use compared to when in use.
Again, I have a pair I haven't treated considerably well that's polarized and are 6 years old. However, I've also gone through some much quicker by cleaning them on a dirty t-shirt with something that cut through the lenses.

We are always looking at ways to improve the lenses and hope that someday the technology and manufacturing processes available will improve so the lenses last even longer. However, with replacement lenses available and becoming more commonplace at least there's a much more cost effective option than buying an entire new pair when your lenses get worn. They certainly are the most important aspect in terms of performance so having clear, good performing lenses, is important.

Hope that helps, Craig Anderson CEO and founder Sunglass Fix

Margaret D

Thanks very much will have to order some more as they are the most comfortable sunglasses to wear iv had the frame for around 8 years

Get an answer from our members and The Sunglass Fix representatives