The Surfboard Warehouse

The Surfboard Warehouse (page 4 of 10)

Carol

CarolMerrimac

Really happy customer

I was new to surfing and had never setup a board before and the staff were really friendly and happy to help as they setup my grip, rope, fins and even showed me how to wax my board. The story was rather busy but they still spend a good half an hour with me after making my purchase to make sure I left happy. You really don't get service like this too often and it really made my day. Thanks for everything

Dave

Davegold coast

Sick super fun board!

Ordered this board in the green carbon.Was a bit worried buying with out seeing the board but was happy with the advise given over the phone. Only really wanted some thing for the small clean days over summer,but am so stoked with the way it goes and had so many good comments about how good it seems to go in all sorts of waves. really happy.cheers surfboard warehouse.

Nathan

NathanGold Coast

Great board for an older bloke

I was finding it harder getting into waves on the traditional shortboard as I have gotten older and heavier. The Zephyr is awesome with more density up front giving great paddle power and buoyancy. Getting into the waves earlier means less late drops, more waves and more fun. I'm riding the Zephyr 4" shorter than the old board too.
The team were really helpful in making my board choice as well. Great service.

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how The Surfboard Warehouse compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

Dan

DanBroom

Perfect timing!

The team at Surfboard Warehouse were really helpful in guiding me to the right size for the Zephyr. I was super impressed with how quick the turnaround from purchase to delivery was. I was hitting the surf within 2 days. The board is an absolute gem and well worth its value. Thank you SW team.

James

JamesSydney

Absolutley recomeded!

Can't speak highly enough of this board. Despite the super cheap price this board feels very durable and very well made! it's so comfortable to ride and it really is a wave catching machine! the way the width and thickness peaks around your chest make it feel like you're on a minimal despite only being 6'4" I think i may have to buy another one but slightly smaller! not to mention the delivery time was absolutely awesome, only took 3 working days and i was out enjoying it!

Jimmy

JimmySydney

You gotta get one!

Have just bought my second Vessel board and cannot speak highly enough about their performance. Have been surfing the 6'2" which is great but decided to drop down to the 5'10". such a responsive board. Have 10 boards in my garage but all I seem to surf lately are the Zephyrs'. Took the 6'2" to Indo in Aug/Sep and handled everything thrown at it. I am 70 yrs of age and find that I can still surf these boards with no problems. The Surfboard Warehouse is great with good quick delivery times and service. Would highly recommend.

Reggie

ReggiePerth

It's Good!

Very happy with the Zephyr! Fast and fun! Go one size smaller than your thinking, there's plenty of width and volume through the nose. Very easy to paddle and get waves. The delivery was very easy and fast!! Couldn't fault it.

Mick

MickSydney

One board quiver!

The Zephyr paddles easy, turns great and holds in the steeper sections as well as cruising through the fatter bits. Used in 2ft slop and 7ft peaks. Surfed it at points and beach breaks.
Excellent value for money and buying online was quick and easy, will defiantly be buying another one when i've overused my current one. (board 5'10, I weigh 68kg's, probably could of gone the 5'8)

Dez

DezTweed Heads

Punches above it's price tag!

Scott

ScottGold Coast

This one works

I am 80 kg and bought the 5''10 Zephyr from The Surfboard Warehouse. Heaps of float, wish I went smaller, but great all rounder, super fun, surfed it only 4 times and as a surfer for 40 years you know this board works straight away none of this trying to make it work. Great product knowledge and recommendation by the team, well done!

matt

mattbyron

My favourite board ever

"Was in Byron at The Surfboard Warehouse and picked up the 6.0 Zephyr. They're service was great.
Surfed mushy wategos, hollow shorie's down Suffolk/Broken way, and my local reef back here in Vic. Go's unreal in everything. Bought a Lost V3 rocket at Christmas. Is great, but gathering dust now at double the price. Wish I knew about you guys. The Zephyr is my go to now for 90% of surfs. Wouldn't mind the 6'2 for that tremor bit more volume. Like the look of the Carbon Jet too. "

Xavier

Xavierperth

Best board out!

The Surfboard Warehouse delivered my Zephyr on time and in good condition, gets every wave, it's fast, sharp turns, so stoked, highly recommended!

Shane

ShaneSunshine Coast

Unbelievable!

Grabbed a Zephyr from The Surfboard Warehouse and it's unbelievable how well this board rides for the price. Great fun,cheap board. Get on one. Great service from the Mooloolaba shop.

Jimmy

JimmyLogan

Great boards Great price!

Have been surfing the Zephyr for about three months now since I got it from The Surfboard Warehouse and have not ridden any of my other seven boards since. This board is superb. Paddles, turns and flows great.I am 70 this year (still surfin shorties) and would recommend this board to any other oldies who still want to surf short boards. They're really friendly in store too so GO GET ONE.

Great boards at good prices

I have 3 boards so far from the surfboard warehous a 7"6' AQSS Devocean, took it out in 3-4 solid snapper (probably above the recommended wave size) and it took it like a charm, the nose rocker is a nice touch on the gnarlier drops! i also own a Tajen and love it as well, the thing rips and has survived more than few gnarly wipeouts already unscathed. Just bought a carbon jet as well, i'll leave a review once I've felt it out

eglantine

eglantineTweed Heads

A retro board for all conditions

"I was first surprised at the color when i received it... It is definitely not red... but who cares because it is bloody good on the waves! Very easy paddle and take off, it generates it's own speed which allow you to focus on drawing your lines. Other than the color issue the online service was fantastic.

Mal

MalGold Coast

Think shortboard not mini mal!

Bob

BobBroom

Fun little nugget

Have taken my C-Jet from The Surfboard Warehouse out a couple times now in 1-2' with a quad set up. She paddles really well, but is a heavy little lady - that 6x6 glassing adds some serious weight to her. Seems to get in on seemingly unmake-able waves fairly easily and glides along quite smoothly. Is a fun option for the summer slop and can't wait to try her out with a single fin plus 2 option. Overall she feels like a really nice curvy little weapon. The online team were helpful in making my board choice too, Yewwww:)

Glenn

GlennPerth

Cruisy speed

Bought a Carbon Jet from The Surfboard Warehouse and it's a fun summer board, when its not critical but there is not enough push for your small board. Good in flat sections when you need speed to make the next section in those summer beach breaks Turns well, glides off the top, paddles ok. Need a few more surfs to really get a feel of it. I'll purchase again in the future from these guys because their service was very good.

Jake

JakeAdelaide

Classic

Got the I'm Not Single from The Surfboard Warehouse and once you adjust your surfing this board takes off - it's all about picking the right line. The board is fast, paddles well and can be put on rail. It's actually Burgundy in colour, not red as depicted in sample photos above, but the online service was great.

See all The Surfboard Warehouse reviews

Andy

Andyasked

Has anyone had issues with the surfboard warehouse trying to blame the consumer for manufacturing defects on the board?

I’m still going through the headache to trying to organise a claim review. They are taking so long to sort it out. Even after I supplied so many photos on three seperate occassions. I was wondering how they get away with this. All
I want is my money back. I don’t want to buy there again.

Troy
Troy

I haven't come across this problem at all mate. That's an unfortunate situation you find yourself in but if I was you, I would let them know that if it isn't rectified soon then you will be taking your complaint to consumer watch and the ombudsmen. I know you don't want to buy from them again, but maybe you could do a simple board swap. Old for new. Even though you have had a bad customer experience with them, atleast you will have a rideable board. Good luck mate.

Dazzer
Dazzer

If your on the Northern Beaches I'd talk to George at Manly Surfboards. Only ever had one issue with a board I bought from them and it was replaced instantly.

Frans H.

Frans H.asked

Those delamination issues are a worry. It would be easy to hit over 70 degrees in the sun or on a closed up car in summer. Especially in the tropics or ozzy. So its the air inside pressurizing the deck. Why not add a simple pressure release valve in the boards. Problem solved!

The Surfboard Warehouse
John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

Hi Frans, Thanks for your enquiry. So you are aware, pressure valves do not prevent delamination, as this is a side effect of the foam core literally melting. Boards that have a valve installed (such as a goretex valve) can still delaminate and either contract like a raisin as the air releases from the valve or if exposed to higher temperatures expand as the valve can only release a certain amount of air per minute (in cases where boards are left in cars this is typically the case). We run valves in all boards above 9ft but this is not to prevent heat damage.

Ben

Benasked

Has anyone owned a Walsh Surf Designs Mini Mal?

See all The Surfboard Warehouse questions