Brae.p

Brae.pSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrible customer service and being ignored as stocks weren't correctly listed

Have ordered a 4/3 wetsuit and a poncho on the 8th of jan 2021. Now had to make contact after 3 weeks and still no parcel received they blamed the Christmas rush and said they were out of stock. Then cant give me a eta on when there stock is gonna come in. Asked for a refund and they said ill be contacted with the refund department a week later still no contact has been made. Struggle to even get a reply from them wont tell me anything over the phone. Havent received my refund or the products I ordered over a month ago. Takes 3-5 days to even email me back total stuffing me around very very disappointing customer service will not recommend or spend my money here and hope every one else is warned about what this business is like.

Haylee B.

Haylee B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY

We spent $1,200 on a SUP Board from this company only for it to arrive cracked at the tail end. The board was packaged well and the box was not damaged at all. This SUP board was damaged before it was packed into that box.
The company will not replace the board because apparently it’s not their problem. I am absolutely disgusted and will be taking them to consumer affairs for my full refund.
After posting on social media I have had 2 others come forward after also receiving the same treatment.
This company takes advantage of interstate buyers and sees a way for them to get rid of already damaged boards to then blame someone else.

nicole

nicoleSydney

Absolute disgrace - don’t waste your time

Having placed an order online for multiple surfboards, body boards and accessories I was still waiting for delivery after 3 weeks. It is approaching 5 weeks now and nothing has changed despite me calling every second day, being told it will be sorted today and they will call me back to confirm order is on the way. I have spoken to 6 different staff who have all done the same thing which is absolutely nothing. A week out from Christmas my kids obviously won’t be getting their presents. These guys are appalling. Don’t waste your time and money on them. Disgraceful experience

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how The Surfboard Warehouse compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

Matt

MattSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cracking SUP board & terrible warranty

Mahi mahi mini mal broken finnbox after first use

No change of mind refund

Bought a stand up paddle board as present. When tried to return for a refund, even offering to reduce refund by postage costs, only allow store credit. Which is useless.

Gabriel Cigotti

Gabriel CigottiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor Customer Service!!!

Fin plugs popped out and glass job terrible

Bought an eco bean and the middle fin just fell out on the third surf. Tried to get it repaired but two shops wouldn't touch it as there was barely any glass on the tail of the board. Tried to resolve the issue with SBW but they weren't interested. You get what you pay for.

Really? How are they in business?

Shocking service. How on earth they manage to sell a board beats me. I tried to get someone's help in one of the stores but the young staff was just useless. I think maybe they should look at who they employ!

Rubbish surfboards beware

Surfboard arrived late, ordered online & staff were rotten to deal with throughout the whole process. Board has discolored and fin plugs have popped. No follow up service at all. So disappointed.

Warranty is a joke

Used my carbon fibre paddle board 6 times and it started to bubble underneath.take it back to shop it takes more than a week to get looked at they say heat damage and no warranty. I guess they should tell people not for use in sun!! Don't drive them on the roof of your car in the sun. And the bag they sell actually contributed to "cooking" your board. Biggest waste of money!!!@@! Buyer beware

Lainie M
Lainie M

Darren GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Avoided - Spend Your Money Elsewhere!

I walked into the Mooloolaba store with the intention of buying a board for my wife only to be treated like I a second class citizen by the young guy there... He was rude, arrogant, and really wasn't that interested in helping me out at all... It was like I was wasting his time so I left and went down the road to another store and spent over $2000 on a complete setup...

Thanks for the update...

Poor quality. Poor customer service

delamination after 2 weeks. Keeping in mind is had it in the sun one time.
Offered no help and was accused of being neglectful and 100% at fault. No solutions benefited me but have them more money. When reading these reviews it seems a lot of their products have delamination issues early on. Basically if you want to buy a board and not use it because according to the staff, you can’t have any of their boards in the sun.

MarkGeelong

Poor delivery service.

The company used for delivery is called Direct freight Express because i wasn't home they returned it to their depot in Cambelfield. I'm in Geelong Cambelfield is an hour and a half drive from here and the freight company isn't open on weekends. I'd suggest organizing your own freight company to deliver. Now I'm going to have to take a day off work to go pick up my board.

Mark

Im happy to pick up from a local depot.just not one an hour and a half away that also isnt open on a weekend.

Brownie

BrownieGold Coast

Pin holes sucking water

Dean Price

Dean Price

Soft SUP avoid at all costs

I bought a Soft SUP 'Atlantis' and after a couple of flat water times it totally delaminated. I returned it and they suggested that it was my fault. After 3 long weeks they give me a new model and now this one is starting to delaminated and after the last experience I will just throw it out and save up for a better non-Chinese board.

Terrible

I bought a board and board bag had one surf on it. A couple days later I Put it on my roof and drove for a couple hours down the coast on a hot day. When o got to my destination I pulled the board out of the bag to find it had completely melted and warped. I took it back with the recipy. They took it off me for testing.. After continually contacting them they then said they would refuse to replace it or give it back to me. Don't risk it! Cheap and nasty company sells crap products! Stay away!

Soo bad!

Quentin
Quentin

No I had my receipt you simply said it was not significant enough for a new board and I threaten I informed you that I would share my exact experience online if I wasn't treated what I deemed fairly

Surfboard snapped clean in half on first surf in two foot beachie mush.

I bought a brand new board from these guys, (Tajen 5'10) and it snapped on my first surf of the board. The wave wasn't overly heavy but the board snapped clean in half on the drop. When I messaged the guys about it, I was offered 10% of my next surfboard..

Terrible

5 months old carbon SUP delaminated in normal qld summer conditions. Poorest customer service of all. I have owned 5 different SUPs and not one issue with reputable brands. Do not waste your time or money on these boards.

See all The Surfboard Warehouse reviews

Andy

Andyasked

Has anyone had issues with the surfboard warehouse trying to blame the consumer for manufacturing defects on the board?

I’m still going through the headache to trying to organise a claim review. They are taking so long to sort it out. Even after I supplied so many photos on three seperate occassions. I was wondering how they get away with this. All
I want is my money back. I don’t want to buy there again.

Troy
Troy

I haven't come across this problem at all mate. That's an unfortunate situation you find yourself in but if I was you, I would let them know that if it isn't rectified soon then you will be taking your complaint to consumer watch and the ombudsmen. I know you don't want to buy from them again, but maybe you could do a simple board swap. Old for new. Even though you have had a bad customer experience with them, atleast you will have a rideable board. Good luck mate.

Dazzer
Dazzer

If your on the Northern Beaches I'd talk to George at Manly Surfboards. Only ever had one issue with a board I bought from them and it was replaced instantly.

Frans H.

Frans H.asked

Those delamination issues are a worry. It would be easy to hit over 70 degrees in the sun or on a closed up car in summer. Especially in the tropics or ozzy. So its the air inside pressurizing the deck. Why not add a simple pressure release valve in the boards. Problem solved!

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

Hi Frans, Thanks for your enquiry. So you are aware, pressure valves do not prevent delamination, as this is a side effect of the foam core literally melting. Boards that have a valve installed (such as a goretex valve) can still delaminate and either contract like a raisin as the air releases from the valve or if exposed to higher temperatures expand as the valve can only release a certain amount of air per minute (in cases where boards are left in cars this is typically the case). We run valves in all boards above 9ft but this is not to prevent heat damage.

Ben

Benasked

Has anyone owned a Walsh Surf Designs Mini Mal?

See all The Surfboard Warehouse questions