Polly

PollyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed with glass job

Have been happy with several previous boards from the SBW , however the glass job on the 2020 Vanquish appears very thin.
Compressions after only a few light surfs.

Kim

Kim

Dissappointed

Delivery took close to 3 weeks, left on front door step, we gave instructions to leave in a secure place, completely ignored, then opened package to find wrong product. Very dissappointing & unprofessional.

Mabbot12

Mabbot12

Weighs a ton

Bought a 9'8 mano it is a super heavy board. Weighs more than my 10'6 ECS Evo SUP bamboo construction which was bought second hand. I left a review on their own website which they have not published. I think this is poor given they do not publish the weight of the board and it is marketed as a high performance SUP board. There should be better disclosure to the customer.

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how The Surfboard Warehouse compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

jeremy

jeremy

Disappointed

After only 2 surfs on my new board cracks appeared on the top. I told them straight away and they said would only send a repair kit, which they never sent.

Surely they can make a durable surfboard that can handle more than 2 surfs before falling apart.

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse
See all The Surfboard Warehouse reviews

Andy

Andyasked

Has anyone had issues with the surfboard warehouse trying to blame the consumer for manufacturing defects on the board?

I’m still going through the headache to trying to organise a claim review. They are taking so long to sort it out. Even after I supplied so many photos on three seperate occassions. I was wondering how they get away with this. All
I want is my money back. I don’t want to buy there again.

Troy
Troy

I haven't come across this problem at all mate. That's an unfortunate situation you find yourself in but if I was you, I would let them know that if it isn't rectified soon then you will be taking your complaint to consumer watch and the ombudsmen. I know you don't want to buy from them again, but maybe you could do a simple board swap. Old for new. Even though you have had a bad customer experience with them, atleast you will have a rideable board. Good luck mate.

Dazzer
Dazzer

If your on the Northern Beaches I'd talk to George at Manly Surfboards. Only ever had one issue with a board I bought from them and it was replaced instantly.

Frans H.

Frans H.asked

Those delamination issues are a worry. It would be easy to hit over 70 degrees in the sun or on a closed up car in summer. Especially in the tropics or ozzy. So its the air inside pressurizing the deck. Why not add a simple pressure release valve in the boards. Problem solved!

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

Hi Frans, Thanks for your enquiry. So you are aware, pressure valves do not prevent delamination, as this is a side effect of the foam core literally melting. Boards that have a valve installed (such as a goretex valve) can still delaminate and either contract like a raisin as the air releases from the valve or if exposed to higher temperatures expand as the valve can only release a certain amount of air per minute (in cases where boards are left in cars this is typically the case). We run valves in all boards above 9ft but this is not to prevent heat damage.

Ben

Benasked

Has anyone owned a Walsh Surf Designs Mini Mal?

See all The Surfboard Warehouse questions