JennyS

JennySGold Coast

Good product, Okay service

I went to the surf shop looking for a new SUP. Their range of boards is really impressive and I bought myself a Waterborne oceanic. The service was a little rushed, i came in at lunch time and i didn't have too long, after waiting to be served i left with my new board and got home to find that they didn't even put the fins or rail tape on for me so was a bit dissapointed. The board looks awesome though which makes up for it.

Trev H

Trev HSurfers Paradise

Not bad for the price

I got a stand up paddleboard last month for $800.00 which I thought was a pretty good deal. It was a 10'6 and the sales staff said it was the best size for a beginner. The board goes well and is good so far but I think I should have went a smaller size as I'm not the heaviest guy at 80kgs. Overall happy with my purchase but would have bought a 10foot if I did it second time around.

Lou D

Lou DSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Longboard snapped first day out. Issue resolved.

9' Epoxy board snapped in half first day out in 2-3 ft waves and legrope cord cut through glass tail. Wooden stringer looks like is it made of composite wood and crumbles. Company originally rejected claim but offered to have it shipped back at their expense and after inspection admitted that board was not finished as advertised and offered full refund. Have bought an EcoBean from them before and had no issues.
Have had follow up discussions with company regarding process. Very happy with final attention given to resolve.

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how The Surfboard Warehouse compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

enz

enz

boards are ok

had 4 of there boards yes they are a bit soft and ding pretty easy but they go pretty good and for the price, you really cant go past them

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

New management are stepping up and service is improving

Had a long standing issue and management made the effort to resolve it. Also the new staff in Byron store are wanting to improve service and doing a good job.

See all The Surfboard Warehouse reviews

Andy

Andyasked

Has anyone had issues with the surfboard warehouse trying to blame the consumer for manufacturing defects on the board?

I’m still going through the headache to trying to organise a claim review. They are taking so long to sort it out. Even after I supplied so many photos on three seperate occassions. I was wondering how they get away with this. All
I want is my money back. I don’t want to buy there again.

Troy
Troy

I haven't come across this problem at all mate. That's an unfortunate situation you find yourself in but if I was you, I would let them know that if it isn't rectified soon then you will be taking your complaint to consumer watch and the ombudsmen. I know you don't want to buy from them again, but maybe you could do a simple board swap. Old for new. Even though you have had a bad customer experience with them, atleast you will have a rideable board. Good luck mate.

Dazzer
Dazzer

If your on the Northern Beaches I'd talk to George at Manly Surfboards. Only ever had one issue with a board I bought from them and it was replaced instantly.

Frans H.

Frans H.asked

Those delamination issues are a worry. It would be easy to hit over 70 degrees in the sun or on a closed up car in summer. Especially in the tropics or ozzy. So its the air inside pressurizing the deck. Why not add a simple pressure release valve in the boards. Problem solved!

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

Hi Frans, Thanks for your enquiry. So you are aware, pressure valves do not prevent delamination, as this is a side effect of the foam core literally melting. Boards that have a valve installed (such as a goretex valve) can still delaminate and either contract like a raisin as the air releases from the valve or if exposed to higher temperatures expand as the valve can only release a certain amount of air per minute (in cases where boards are left in cars this is typically the case). We run valves in all boards above 9ft but this is not to prevent heat damage.

Ben

Benasked

Has anyone owned a Walsh Surf Designs Mini Mal?

See all The Surfboard Warehouse questions