The Surfboard Warehouse

Best board I’ve ever had, but still not the right one

I was convinced by your sizing guide that I needed an longer board, I’m 95kgs and 6’4 tall, which put me in the range of a 6’6-6’8 board on the dark horse, I ignored the advice and got a 6’4, although the board was far easier to catch waves,(was sitting out with the stand up paddle boarders and still catching them) it felt like a boat to turn, I tried my brothers 5’8 dark horse and was far more impressed, it just did what I thought, turned when I wanted it too, just as easy to paddle and now regretting my 6’4 purchase, do we need an ‘extra advanced’ column? I’ve never ridden such a big board

NNN

NNNPerth, WA

Vessel Eco Bean 2 (2019)

SarahG

SarahGTallebudgerra

Really happy with my new board

My friend and I have always wanted to get stand up paddle boards to use down Tallebudgerra creek on the weekends and had hired a few from the local hire section. We went in to shop together hoping to get a deal on two but SW were unable to give us a discount which was rather dissapointing given we were purchasing two high priced items. However we still went with it as we wanted to get them intime for summer. I chose a waterborne oceanic and my friend got a waterborne evoke both in the teal colours. We have since used these boards a bunch of times and swapped out and they are remarkably light, agile and easy to paddle. I couldn't recommend these two products highly enough, the quality and finish is great.

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how The Surfboard Warehouse compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

Kelly

KellySydney

4 out of 5 stars

I'll start with the good stuff first. The board is incredibly good value and well made with a beautiful print and finish. It was packaged extremely well and better packed than anything I have received before so you guys do a great job there without a doubt.I bought a Oceanic and it is stable and paddles well just like the lady on the phone explained and she was very helpful too. My only grief is that the delivery went to the local depot and not my house, now normally this would not be such an issue but as I am in Sydney this 20km drive took over an hour in traffic to pick the board up and was extremely frustrating. A re delivery option if you are not home is needed and this is why I have give 4 out of 5 stars

Zoey.S

Zoey.SAgnes Waters

4 out of 5 stars

Board arrived quickly in just 3 days after I placed my order and the staff over the phone where really helpful and informative. The board I selected was a zephyr after coming down from a large fish and the quality looks great. Still to take it out in the water and therefore can't give you guys 5 stars yet.

eglantine

eglantineTweed Heads

A retro board for all conditions

"I was first surprised at the color when i received it... It is definitely not red... but who cares because it is bloody good on the waves! Very easy paddle and take off, it generates it's own speed which allow you to focus on drawing your lines. Other than the color issue the online service was fantastic.

Glenn

GlennPerth

Cruisy speed

Bought a Carbon Jet from The Surfboard Warehouse and it's a fun summer board, when its not critical but there is not enough push for your small board. Good in flat sections when you need speed to make the next section in those summer beach breaks Turns well, glides off the top, paddles ok. Need a few more surfs to really get a feel of it. I'll purchase again in the future from these guys because their service was very good.

David

DavidTweed Heads

Heaps of fun

Jeff

JeffSydney

What a fun ride

Really enjoy riding this board from the surfboard warerhouse. Great when it is small but also goes well when it gets over your head. Feels "skatie" to ride but that is part of the fun...Can set a rail on it too though. Won't regret buying one if you want to just have a fun board. The service in store was very helpful too!

Wazza

WazzaJervis Bay

Finally a fun board for bigger older surfers

I bought this board at the surf board warehouse and its great to finally see someone make these fun boards for bigger older guys (67 and 95kgs). This board paddles easy, catches waves easy, surfs well and is not as long as a boat! Great value and delivery service. Oh what fun and keeps you in the competition in the line up on those small days. As the years increase and some of the core strength disappears this board is part of the solution....great fun to ride and not over sized.

Duncan

DuncanByron

Great paddle power

I am in the "older" generation. Trying to stay off mals. I'm 74 Kg. I got a 5-10 Neptunes Daughter. I love this board in our flat faced, weak waves, from 2 to 4ft, maybe 5ft. I'm sure it will also handle steeper waves. Great early paddle entry. Heavily glassed but I like it. Glides, turns and drives beautifully. Helpful team at TSBW as well.

Awesome baord in average waves

"I'm 55, weigh 82kg and bought a 5'8"". It is ridiculously loose and fun in waves from knee high to shoulder high. After a few surfs and trying out different fins I found it's great with the bigger FCS Q-PC7 Quad Set. Very fast, loose and fun. My new go to board. Morgs" Service at the Palmy store was great too!

Fully stoked

"Over the moon with this board and the extras package, for a 46 year old returning to the surf after a 10 year break this board is brilliant, nice and buoyant for paddling but still easy to duck dive. I feel this is a board that will help me fall back in love with surfing. Many thanks to the guys at The Surfboard warehouse, great service, great communication, great prices and top products. Cheers, Jason Timberlake "

Carbon Jet

The product arrived and the board looks great. I purchased the 6'10" which has the volume I like. I have taken it out in some small waves and it performed well. I wouldn't mind if under the Product Description & Specifications they listed the weight of the board. I felt the board was a lot heavier than I expected which may be an advantage in some conditions, yet to see.

elli

elliSydney

Gypsea sled

Hi I'm Elli I'm 10 years old and weigh 32kg. I've only surfed it 4 times and already loving it. It turns fantastically and it paddles really well I'm so glad I got this board. its like a wave catching machine no doubts about it. It's a very fun board!! Service was also great!

Joe

JoeEvans

One hell of a log

I purchased a ReEvolution online and it is one hell of a log. The finish is impeccable and built strong and I am a real fan of the volan cloth. Local shapers charge over $2,000 for volan longboards and to find one under $1,000 is just crazy. After surfing it for the past month straight it is my go to board as it handles any wave even a ripple with ease. Well done Beau on an epic log.

Rob

RobOcean Shores

Back in the water again

Great service and quick delivery. Have been in the surf and really enjoyed the challenge of learning all over again. Can't Wait to get back in the water again. The board arrived in good shape and well protected from shipping damage. I did notice a small area of discoloration on the bottom of the board, bout a 10 cent piece a few weeks after riding it for the first time. Not a big issue but the blemish is there and is disappointing when you buy something new and the manufacturer does something like that. Can't blame SBW as you would have to look very close to even notice the color variation.

Sick super fun board

Got a performance log in the green carbon.Was a bit worried buying with out seeing the board but was happy with the advise given over the phone. Only really wanted some thing for the small clean days over summer,but am so stoked with the way it goes and had so many good comments about how good it seems to go in all sorts of waves. really happy.cheers surfboard warehouse.

Frazer

FrazerCaboolture

UNREAL

Took a leap of faith and bought this. First proper surf on it today. Like to think i am well and truly in the intermediate level now days and this thing was perfect for me. Felt like i caught 4 times as many waves as i normally do on my loved 6.8. It gets onto wave you dont even realise you are on and turns on a dime. Just get one. Made much steeper drops than i was expecting too. Where I live cant see me needing anything else 90 percent of the time. P.s service great and packaged super well

Belinda C

Belinda CKingscliff, NSW

great board great service

I recently purchased a 10" board through TSBW and very happy with it. great board for someone with entry level skills and light enough I can put on the roof of my own car without assistance. I was lucky enough to be able to go into store while in Noosa to check out the board but the service I was provided both instore and through phone dialogue was great, Mix up with the paddle I ordered but they sent out a replacement straight away, Would highly recommend

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse
See all The Surfboard Warehouse reviews

Andy

Andyasked

Has anyone had issues with the surfboard warehouse trying to blame the consumer for manufacturing defects on the board?

I’m still going through the headache to trying to organise a claim review. They are taking so long to sort it out. Even after I supplied so many photos on three seperate occassions. I was wondering how they get away with this. All
I want is my money back. I don’t want to buy there again.

Troy
Troy

I haven't come across this problem at all mate. That's an unfortunate situation you find yourself in but if I was you, I would let them know that if it isn't rectified soon then you will be taking your complaint to consumer watch and the ombudsmen. I know you don't want to buy from them again, but maybe you could do a simple board swap. Old for new. Even though you have had a bad customer experience with them, atleast you will have a rideable board. Good luck mate.

Dazzer
Dazzer

If your on the Northern Beaches I'd talk to George at Manly Surfboards. Only ever had one issue with a board I bought from them and it was replaced instantly.

Frans H.

Frans H.asked

Those delamination issues are a worry. It would be easy to hit over 70 degrees in the sun or on a closed up car in summer. Especially in the tropics or ozzy. So its the air inside pressurizing the deck. Why not add a simple pressure release valve in the boards. Problem solved!

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

Hi Frans, Thanks for your enquiry. So you are aware, pressure valves do not prevent delamination, as this is a side effect of the foam core literally melting. Boards that have a valve installed (such as a goretex valve) can still delaminate and either contract like a raisin as the air releases from the valve or if exposed to higher temperatures expand as the valve can only release a certain amount of air per minute (in cases where boards are left in cars this is typically the case). We run valves in all boards above 9ft but this is not to prevent heat damage.

Ben

Benasked

Has anyone owned a Walsh Surf Designs Mini Mal?

See all The Surfboard Warehouse questions