ash r.

ash r.South East Queensland, QLD

Dark Horse 2021

Ive owned many surfboards in my life, but I'm a bit older now and have lost some paddling fitness, so I enjoy Longboards and Fishes and its not really a problem. However I wanted to feel some performance again and had my eye on a Dark Horse for a little while. 15% sale came up and I bought one, a 6'4 which is a touch over-sized for my 85kg weight. Don't care because this things catches waves, as long as it stands up with a bit of shape its on! Pumps speed comfortably through fat sections and bangs off turns with ease. Very happy with my purchase. Always thinking about the next surf, something thats been missing for a while. :)

Great board

Delivery to Victoria only took 4 days and was delivered to my front door
I ordered the Mahi Mahi clear skin Besides the fins being pretty ordinary the board looked good .Went for a surf in 3 to 5 ft waves and was surprised how good the board paddled and surfed
I would recommend that you get better fins as i did . So far I haven't had any issues and would buy another board from them

Ash

AshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The soulstice - life changing beginner board!

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how The Surfboard Warehouse compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

TroySouth East Queensland, QLD

The mighty Zepher

Larveee my new board, so excited for this surfing journey

Team at Palm beach were very welcoming and helpful in finding me a long board suitable for a beginner! When I came back to pick up board a few weeks ago, the young man went above and beyond in helping set up roof racks and the board on my car. Would highly recommend both Burleigh and Palm beach store! Thank you so much, I'm in love with my board xx

Jordy A.

Jordy A.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

ECO Bean II - Amazing Board

Loving my new EcoBean II. Picked it up from the new Sydney Store. The Manager was very knowledgeable and helpful I think her name was Tegan or Tahlia. I purchased the 6,0 with around 47L of volume. I’m 32 years old and weigh around 95kg. I’ve set the board up as a quad. First wave was a little sketchy(as I wasn’t use to the quad setup) after that it was amazing. I was by far catching more waves then anyone else out their, the board flies through the flat sections and turns really well. It’s stable and glides super fast making it easy to catch waves. I’m getting on waves quicker and easier then ever. Hadn’t had this much fun in years.
The construction of the board feels solid and well built. Stoked with my new board.

Tony P

Tony PWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Best customer service

My son recently purchased a board then realised it would not fit on small plane . Kevin at Surfboard Wharehouse went above and beyond to organise refund.Great range of boards and good price

Kyle T.

Kyle T.Mid North Coast, NSW

9.2 Malibu

My board is great, rides well and arrived via their paired freight service. Nathan was great on the phone, with my order before buying online and I’ll definitely get boards from the company again. Thanks Nathan!

evo maniac

evo maniacMandurah

6’2 eco bean

Sports & Recreation Shops

Fantastic service and great prices

Super happy i ordered my daughter a 7ft Mini Mal on Xmas day for her bday (Excellent prices if you wait for Boxing Day sales) Her Bday was on Sunday 6/01/19 and given all the public holidays over Christmas and New Years and a mix up with my address, the board arrived just in time on the Friday the 5th before her Birthday!!!!!
I couldnt believe it! SW went above and beyond to get my order to me just in time! I am very thankful to SW team! I would highly recommend their online and delivery services.

Dave

DaveWollongong

Arrived with plenty of time before christmas

I am over the moon with the service I have received from SW, I ordered a board on thursday 12/12/18 and it has arrived first thing this morning on a Monday! I was worried I wouldn't receive my parcel before Christmas due to the chrissie rush and all but they had it delivered in record time. The board was well packaged with plenty of padding, bubble wrap and cardboard to make sure it arrived safe and sound and the board looks better than the pictures. You have made me one happy customer

Andrew

AndrewGold Coast

So much fun

Got a bombora softboard in a 5'7 for under $200 and its basically the same shape as others selling for $500. The board is so much fun its super corky and paddles like a longboard but the little nugget shape allows for snappy little turns and changes the way you will surf mushy surf. It came with a set of fcs thruster fins which was a huge plus and allowed me to install my set of glass fins in. I would highly recomend this board without a doubt.

Casey

CaseyPalm Beach

Good value

Surfboard warehouse offer really good value, I have purchased three boards from them now the last being an eco and they have all been terrific boards. The eco was on sale and I had been eyeing it off for a while now and the reviews are right this board makes one foot surf fun.

Joe

JoeSouth Australia

Prompt delivery and packaged well

My board arrived in great shape and was very well packaged. It took 3 days to get from the Gold Coast to South Australia so I was very impressed. The care taken on packing my items was remarkable and Surfboard Warehouse have taken their packaging to the next level, not only was it foam wrapped and tightly packed in a large box, it even came with a kind note and thank you letter for shopping with them. Great service on both fronts.

Tristan

TristanMermaid Waters

What a steal

I dropped by the Miami shop on Saturday to have a sticky beak after getting an email about some deals in store and found they had a clearance rack with a few customs and prototype boards. I ended up grabbing a little clear skin 5'10 nugget of a thing and christ almighty does this thing go well. It 21" wide so a lot wider than my standard 19 1/4 shortie and has a fatter wider squash tail but throw her on rail and she powers through turns and is extremely responsive given the oversized tail. I am in love with it and a terrific find. Thnx guys

Sam.C

Sam.CGold Coast

Dark horse review

I purchased a dark horse by vessel shapes about a month ago as a spare board for a Indo trip as it was pretty cheap at the time and the shape looked good. I got the 5'10 which was a tad wider and slightly heavier than my JS but with a similar squash tail and just a few extra liters. As luck had it I ended up tearing a fin out on my JS on the reef day 3 and so I ended up using the dark horse for the rest of the trip. The board definitely delivered and I was able to surf my pants off for the rest of the two week trip without a single hassle. Overall the board goes relly well and held up to solid swell and for the price I will definitely be back to grab another

Nathan Clark

Nathan ClarkGold Coast

I love this board!

The shapers at SW have nailed it with the new Ecobean2 shape! I seriously am in love with this board and have been using it for like a month straight now and surfing it in anything from 1 foot crappy much to 3 or 4 foot clean slabs and the board goes seriously good! I've got the 5'6 and I weigh about 80ish kgs and the board paddles like a longboard but performs like a shorty. Duck diving is takes a little to master because of the extra float but the board seriously handles everything and makes those small and crap days a hole lot of fun. Who wants to be just cruising on a longboard when you can be throwing one of these about on the smaller days? Crazy!

As the name says it is a fountain of youth

I have been riding my fountain of youth for the past 2 or so months and it is a brilliant board. As the name says the fountain of youth truly is a fountain of youth. My paddle speed has increased, wave count has increased and the board is a tad larger than what I normally ride but still turns with ease. The board makes me feel like a spring chicken and im by no means the fittest bloke these days. Top stuff and a terrific option for those like me who have put on a few kegs over the years.

John

JohnElanora

Repeat Customer

Just purchased my second Ecobean after my first finally kicked the bucket after a solid 5 or 6 years of surfing. The eco is a great little board and has been my favourite for a long time, the new shape is a little more smooth through the turns and a really practical shape. Its got a bit more tech in it then my last one which was rather basic, this one has heaps of carbon and deck strength so I am sure it will outlast my previous one and give me some solid fun for the next few years. Thanks for making an awesome product that lasts and costs next to nothing, I don't know how you do it!

Cymatic - next level surfing!

See all The Surfboard Warehouse reviews

Andy

Andyasked

Has anyone had issues with the surfboard warehouse trying to blame the consumer for manufacturing defects on the board?

I’m still going through the headache to trying to organise a claim review. They are taking so long to sort it out. Even after I supplied so many photos on three seperate occassions. I was wondering how they get away with this. All
I want is my money back. I don’t want to buy there again.

Troy

I haven't come across this problem at all mate. That's an unfortunate situation you find yourself in but if I was you, I would let them know that if it isn't rectified soon then you will be taking your complaint to consumer watch and the ombudsmen. I know you don't want to buy from them again, but maybe you could do a simple board swap. Old for new. Even though you have had a bad customer experience with them, atleast you will have a rideable board. Good luck mate.

Dazzer
Dazzer

If your on the Northern Beaches I'd talk to George at Manly Surfboards. Only ever had one issue with a board I bought from them and it was replaced instantly.

Frans H.

Frans H.asked

Those delamination issues are a worry. It would be easy to hit over 70 degrees in the sun or on a closed up car in summer. Especially in the tropics or ozzy. So its the air inside pressurizing the deck. Why not add a simple pressure release valve in the boards. Problem solved!

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

Hi Frans, Thanks for your enquiry. So you are aware, pressure valves do not prevent delamination, as this is a side effect of the foam core literally melting. Boards that have a valve installed (such as a goretex valve) can still delaminate and either contract like a raisin as the air releases from the valve or if exposed to higher temperatures expand as the valve can only release a certain amount of air per minute (in cases where boards are left in cars this is typically the case). We run valves in all boards above 9ft but this is not to prevent heat damage.

Ben

Benasked

Has anyone owned a Walsh Surf Designs Mini Mal?

See all The Surfboard Warehouse questions