The Tap Doctor

The Tap Doctor (page 2 of 5)

2.5

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
Aaron

AaronPerth, WA

Total rip off

Stay away from these rip off merchants, they charged my wife $440 to change a washing machine hose. It was on a Sunday and she knew it would be a $200 call out fee but the $240 fee to change a hose which took 10 mins is a total rip off, I rang them to complain when I got home and the guy I spoke to told me out right that it was a fair price and was surprised I thought it was steep, I’ve since spoken to other plumbers who said it’s a rip off as well!

Greg

GregWestern Australia

Peace of mind

Had a high water bill
Tapdoctor came out for a inspection
Very thorough found a leaking valve on Hws was quite hard to see but now the problem is sorted
Very happy

No call out fee LOL

No call out fee because they will rip you off without it. Over charged for a new vanity tap and water heater valve. Never again. Now using local family (honest) company. Fremantle WA

George1953

George1953AU

Poor Quality Handyman Charges Tradesman Rates.

Changed my tap washers. Didn't even reem the taps. Less than a week later I redid the dripping taps myself.
On the same day replaced water purifier canister which had a hair line crack and replaced filters.
Fitted 2 sediment filters instead of 1 sediment 1 micro filter. Probably doesn't know the difference. Didn't tighten canister properly.. Some time later my kitchen was flooded. 2am Christmas morning my house was flooded. The canister he replaced cracked. Not his fault, just the poor quality material used.

Useless and time wasting

Called them for weekend emergency problem with drain blockage, they couldnt give me any indication of price. Told me that someone will call me back but dont know when. Missed the call by 1 second and immediately called back, but they refuse to answer the phone. Obviously not interested in the work. They wasted my time and can be sure to never get another call from me. Thanks for nothing!

Deb

DebRoleystone Western Australia

Unprofessional and dishonest

Job not done

Had guy come out wasn't interested in doing job. He was told where pipes were thought he was going to get leak detector out of car but didnt. Just wasted my time.

Annoyed

AnnoyedPerth, WA

Rip off - don’t waste your money

I couldn’t get a quote over the phone - they had to come around to give one. Started the job without giving me the quote so I asked how much it was going to cost to replace a washer and one other thing on my toilet - 189-00 for a ten minute simple job. Then he wanted to charge an extra 45-00 for a hose and when I asked how much to replace washers on taps - wait for it - 75-00 a pair. Absolutely ridiculous but I was told it’s now a franchise so there we go - greedy owner. He had the nerve to ask if I wanted stickers on my water heater and a fridge magnet too - I guess they would have charged for that as well but I said no thanks. Not happy.

Very disappointed...

Tried to book a plumber yesterday from Tap Doctor, got it all arranged, yes coming at 2 pm,
he will call if he is going to be earlier....well i wasn't expecting a no show, so i have figured
that if the job is nt worth hundreds of dollars it is not worth bothering with, as it wasn't a big
job, but it needs to be fixed by a PLUMBER.....very disappointed...

neoluc

neolucAdelaide

If their driving is any sign of the quality of work - AVOID!!

My daughter and I were abused by one of their franchisee vehicles in Southern Adelaide while overtaking them on a 2 lane road! If you do 10km/h under the limit then speed up when being overtaken, you have no right to get upset with other drivers. To honk your horn and give abusive hand signals to another car, even without a 9 year old in the car looking on, is disgusting, but to do so when you are in the wrong is even worse!

wanmar57

wanmar57Perth

TOTAL RIP-OFF

Equivalent to $495 an hour - I was charged $165 for a 20-minute job - a simple, basic job of removing a tap mixer (3 bolts) and replacing it with the exact same mixer. They were meant to give me quote prior to starting the job, but I assumed it would be minimum charge - I guess DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING. I've used The Tap Doctor many times before, but will NEVER use them again - disgraceful!!!

penguin20

penguin20

I was very nervous who to choose among the many plumbers, as I have had a bad experience in the past with one of the well known Perth plumbers who didn't arrive when booked and not answering their phone in spite of their advertising their 24/7 availability. I had a bad leak in the shower and was pleasantly surprised to have excellent fast service from John, my local Tap Doctor plumber and the charges were very reasonable. I will use them again.

Galina

GalinaPerth

Too costly!!!

They charged 625$ to unblock a kitchen drain! I was told much smaller sum at the beginning, otherwise wouldn't agree to start the work. The guy made a wrong guess about the position of the pipe so he removed 11 bricks (he told me he will remove just couple to check before starting) from the patio, which then placed higher the the rest. Then we dug in the garden to find the main pipe and broke one of the reticulation sprinkles. I wouldn't be that angry if at least he told me what happen (risks of the job - I'll understand). Instead he just bury the sprinkle near the pipe and left.

Rheem Solar Loline (gas boost)

These guys just know to change everything, they don't know anything about hot water systems, 15 min, and charge me $139, didn't solve the problem.

not happy Jan

not happy JanPerth

Poor customer service, still habent finished job and overcharged.

Organised a service of my hot water system in February. Quoted me on site after seeing system. Then changed 2 valves and charged me $370. have since had other quotes for 2 valves for $250 to $270. After changing valves plumber said couldnt do the rest as didn't have the right tools or type of anodes. I paid and since then have rang them 4 times in 3 months and spoke to atea manager. He said they have the anodes but havent shown up. He also offered me a refund but havent seen that either. Useless is the word i would use to describe their skill and service. They obviously dont care about reputation as they dont have or adhere to a customer service policy.

Excellent service and professionalism

I had no hot water so I called several plumbers and no one could come out and some never returned my call. My brother suggested Warren from Tap Doctor Joondalup, and he was here on the day we called and did a great job. I would highly recommend Warren to anyone needing a plumber.

Pranav

PranavPERTH

Good service but way Overcharged

Can't fault with job just took longer than it should be but they charge really over so have few quotes before you have them. The plumber quoted me roughly but the actual bill was quite a bit different.
Three stars are for service but 0 for charging system.

Fantastic Service

Fantastic service received from the tap doctor Morley WA. Thank you David for your super quick service. This guy knows his job.

C Lam

C LamCanberra

Quite overcharged for service

philbo72

philbo72AU

Overcharged and underdelivered

The Tap Doctor charged $275 for 25 minutes work - this is an hourly rate of $550. When I queried the cost I received a long list of excuses, none of which provided a reasonable explanation for the high cost. My advice would be to check out all of the other terrible reviews on here, and then use any other plumber, not the Tap Doctor