The Tap Doctor

The Tap Doctor (page 4 of 5)

2.5

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
Srac1974

Srac1974Perth

Very prompt and efficient service

I have had them out 3 times for various things and they have been great every time. Very efficient, polite and cleaned up after themselves each time.

Ineke

InekeCanning Vale WA 6155

Seriously overcharged and some sort of resolution received

ainsrussell

ainsrussellPERTH

Too expensive

I've used the tap doctor for over ten years because I found his rates reasonable and he was always prompt. This time, we had another set of taps replaced. 15 minutes and $280 later, I was shocked as two years earlier, he had done the same taps in our other bathroom, fixed our outside tap and unclogged a drain for the same price.
We're now using an independent plumber and have found that his rates are much, much more reasonable.

Ripped Off How To Avoid It

Al Terigo

Al TerigoAdelaide

Zero Communication

I needed a leaky tap fixed. The contractor came out and appeared disinterested. He told me that he would seek the parts we needed and I heard no more. 3 phone calls and 1 other contractor later (who claimed to pass a message on) and almost a month on, still no response and on the last call to the 1300 #, they couldn't see that there was an outstanding job in their system.
I would not recommend this company. They were good several years ago, but must have new contractors or believe that profit is now more important than customer service. Steer clear.

Emily

EmilyPerth

Great service from friendly staff

Highly impressed with the service provided. They did the job efficiently but were also pleasant to deal with. I would happily recommend to friends and family.

Rip OFF

A great rip off as far as some prices are concerned. No complaints with the installer. Did a great job and fair price on re-aligning a toilet system. Had to remove and lay 4 tiles 200 x 250 supplied by owner. Charge of $389.00 to lay 4 tiles that took just over an hour. What a rip off. Suggest anyone think twice before using the tap doctor.

Tap doctor that can't fix taps

Rude and not upfront about initial costs. Promised and swore that he could fix the job after telling them the problem and 5 minutes later I was told it was impossible to fix. A Tap Doctor that can't fix taps. Stay away from them!!!

Tap Doctor Canberra

Probably did a good job and did advise of cost upfront but paid more than I thought it would be to replace a tap. I took the easy way out rather than find someone else as tap was leaking badly. Would not use again as was too expensive in my opinion.

Todd S.

Todd S.

Ripped off

Thought I would give Tap Doctor a go. They replaced toilet cistern and replaced two tap washers all completed in one hour and charged $526 including a $70 investigation fee??? (think this is another name for the no call out fee) Big mistake in giving them a try. Hate to think what a big job would cost with these guys. Wish I had read all these reviews before I gave them a go.

No after hours call out

Saturday 24th Sept our hot water system starts leaking and we decide to replace it. We look in our local paper and find your add that states emergency call outs. We ring to get someone out and get told that [name removed] does our area but he doesn't do after hours. So we ask if they can send someone else but get told no there is nobody else. This is Saturday morning not the middle of the night. Thanks Pascoes for assisting.

Stay away from them !

They were not upfront at all , turns out the first hour is $230 plus the call out fee for 10 minutes for the night before at $40 dollars. $2400 for a blocked drain( 2 days work in labour only) which turned out to be the leach drain. I had stopped work by then and went with a different company . If I'm paying $430 for the first two hours I want results . Like the other reviews say they hook you then charge..

Rach

RachPerth

Avoid at all costs!!

Quoted me over 3000 dollars for work and the job seemed like a big drama with rising costs. I then told them just to unblock my kitchen sink and forget about the rest of the work. Unblocking the kitchen sink cost me 310 dollars and the bloke only took about half an hour. I then went with another Plumber who only charged me 1700 for the work that the Tap Doctor was going to charge me 3000 and rising to install a new hot water system, replace a toilet cistern and fix kitchen and bathroom taps. The other plumber didn't make a big drama out of the job nor did he take mobile phone calls while on the job. Avoid Tap Doctor at all costs! USELESS!

nicecatch2

nicecatch2Sydney, NSW

charge like a wounded bull

They did a job for my elderly mother. which was to change the laundry taps, and the bathroom taps, they charged her $750,and he took away the old brass taps which are valuable as scrap metal, unfortunately she didn't get a quote first,This company, as the other reviews say, charge like wounded bulls, and i would never ever use these guys again.,

Funky Consumer

Funky ConsumerPerth, WA

Rip off, Avoid at all costs

This is a bait and switch company. All marketing is designed to lure the general public in and then once they've got them charge like a wounded bull.

These guys come out to my cafe in Cottesloe WA to look at my hot water unit not starting. It has a basic home oldish instant hot water system that you have to push the knob in and press the ignition button to start.

The guy was there no longer than 10 mins, he didn't take anything apart, all he did was smear some vasoline on plunger that you push in. How much you wonder for all this effort.... $380.. WTH I said, he said if you want an invoice it will be $580.

Tam

Tam

Great service at an affordable price

Organised a plumber from interstate for parents in Melbourne.
Mum and Dad couldn't have been happier with the plumber sent out.
Michael the plumber was personable, efficient and affordable.
They would highly recommend using this service.

Geoff

GeoffBoondall brisbane

Plumbers

Hi guys if there's ever a great tradesman in Ryan from Seq plumbers you could not find any better than him

Emma

EmmaPerth

Absolute rip off - don't use them

No call out fee....what a joke. I had a rubber ring replaced in a toilet, which the plumber "found in his van". He was here for less than 20 minutes and of that time I spotted him checking his txt messages. Cost $145 and he said the rubber ring was $10?? Even if it was worth $10 that means their hourly rate is just over $270 an hour. Highway robbery!!! Do your homework, get a quote and make sure the plumber is experienced. I will be much more careful next time. Don't bother with The Tap Doctor !!!

Liam

Liam

Thief

Absolute rip off! $1060 for 4.5 hours work!

Will not be using you again and will be telling everyone to stay clear!

I hope you choke!

Alexandrina

Alexandrina

OVERCHARGED & SHODDY JOB

Our taps were replaced in bathroom basin during an emergency when the washer caused the tap to keep running. Tap Doctor replaced washer and taps which were the cheapest type you see at bunnings. The chrome came off the handle within a few months and there was a massive knock in the pipes @ For this service we were charged almost $500 ! Never again - We thought because they advertised previously on radio- popular program announcer that they would have credibility- what a rip offf- never - ever again :(