Therapy Weighted Blanket

Silvia M.
Silvia M.asked

Therapy blanket is all round season? I’m in Victoria thanks Silvia

Katerina C.Therapy Blanket

Hi Silvia, thank you for your inquiry! Yes, correct and we have two different kinds of materials to choose from to better suit your preference for the blankets namely Adaptive Series and Bamboo Series.

Adaptive Series - also known as our all-year blanket for its cover that is made up of buttery-soft, micro plush side that helps keep one warm and the other side made of Bamboo that is cool to the feeling. The fabric of its inner blanket is also pure cotton. (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-blanket)

Bamboo Series - this option is more breathable and perfect for areas that have warmer weather or for users who sleep hot and tend to sweat more in their sleep. The fabric is pure Bamboo from its cover down to its inner blanket, making it more breathable. Have I also mentioned that this comes with a free pillowcase? Definitely cool! (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-bamboo-weighted-blanket)

You may also buy an extra cover as desired so you may enjoy both worlds! Let us know should you need at any time by emailing us at support@therapyblanket.com.au. Cheers!

Shannon F.
Shannon F.asked

Have emailed and put in an online question regarding where my blanket is that I ordered with express postage and have not received any responses. Getting very worried about being scammed.

Lola
Lola

I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are super busy and a small company. I found them very professional.

Susan
Susanasked

Dear All
Could anyone advise do we need to wash the cover before we first use?

Facettor
Facettorasked

We have just received (13/03/20) our Therapy Blanket.
I have a question relating to the two zippers fitted to the blanket. Is the new cover now supposed to have Two (2) zips for attachment of the blanket. Our cover only has the one blanket zipper, middle of the cover, if so, I would greatly appreciate being able to return the cover we have received for the latest version.
Because we wash our sheets on a weekly basis, we can see the 8 or so ties being difficult to handle and hard on an elderly persons back

Hi Facettor,

Could you please email support@therapyblanket.com.au with photos and your order number so that we can investigate and resolve this for you.

Warm regards,
Andrew

Caroline K.asked

Anybody not receive their blanket from this company. Australia Post don't have any details of the tracking number supplied. Maybe I have been scammed

Hi Caroline,

I'm sorry to hear that, I've checked your tracking number and your item has already made its way to Brisbane as of this morning so should be with you shortly.

For further assistance, you can email me at support@therapyblanket.com.au and I'd be happy to help

Julie
Julieasked

I have an adult daughter who suffers from trying to deal with life, if you know what I mean. Have these blankets been tested with people who have severe anxiety and depression.
What its the theory behind these blankets please?

Hi Julie,

Thanks for writing in and I definitely understand where you're coming from.

We've had many customers tell us that our products have really helped them feel more relaxed and ease their anxiety and depression.

There have been a number of studies done where weighted blankets have been tested on with people to measure their reduction in distress and clinician rated anxiety. However, I'l be honest here - the studies did not specifically state whether the participants in the study had severe anxiety or moderate anxiety. I just wanted to mention that as our weighted blankets won't always work for 100% of people.

To put it in layman terms, the theory behind these blankets is that the pressure that they deliver helps people to feel more at ease by increasing their relaxation, improving mood and helping to reduce stress levels. Here's some further reading for one of the studies done that found that participants of the study reported a reduction in distress and anxiety https://www.researchgate.net/publication/231213675_Pilot_study_of_a_sensory_room_in_an_acute_inpatient_psychiatric_unit

Grace S
Grace S

I have only had mine since March, I find it very comforting & relaxing, easy to snuggle into & I think it does help with sleeping issues. I like weight in my blankets & I think it is so evenly distributed, I just feel it suits my needs.

John D
John D

"I have an adult daughter who suffers from trying to deal with life, if you know what I mean."

I don't, but I would like to know.

Diane D
Diane Dasked

What are the measurements of the blanket please?

Hi Diane,

Our Adult weighted blanket are 122cm x 198cm and the queen sized weighted blankets are 153cm x 203cm :)

Get an answer from our members and Therapy Blanket representatives