Therapy Weighted Blanket

Therapy Weighted Blanket

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Therapy Blanket

Pros

• 30-night trial

• Hypoallergenic glass beads

• Smart zip design

Cons

• Beads may bunch up

• Returns process can be tricky

KathGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor quality stitching

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in August 2021 for $210.00.

Kath

Email from customer service also says if they have the right to charge me 50% if they don't find the return in new condition

Therapy Blanket reserves the right to apply a 50% fee to blankets that are returned slightly below near new condition.

Melanie P.
Melanie P.South East Queensland, QLD

Fine if you only use it for a year

Similar to other users, found that the glass beads leave their pockets after a while and bunch up in the corners of the blanket. Tiny glass beads have also started coming out through the stitching. Contacted customer service to see if it was repairable (it is now 4 months outside the 12 month warranty). No interest in helping once it is outside warranty period. Won't be purchasing from them again and will try another brand. Really disappointing.

Purchased in December 2019.

Loose threads and poor stitching

Didn't think the first thing I'd do with my $200+ blanket would be fixing loose threads and poor stitching.. on both the cover and blanket itself! The zip is of poor quality and also has stitching coming loose. I've only just opened the package and have yet to try sleeping with it but this first impression is hardly great considering the price.

Purchased in November 2020.

Therapy Blanket
Katerina C.Therapy Blanket

Hi Nicole,

We are very sorry to hear this. If you could please contact our support team, we will be able to assist you with a solution. Our email is support@therapyblanket.com.au

Poor quality

The glass moves around and doesn’t stay in their pockets. The zipper connecting the cover to the blanket is of terrible quality and didn’t work at all. I emailed them and they asked me to send a video. I did this and they wrote an email back asking for further videos of the faulty zipper... I’m too scared to try returning it from all the other commmens of people having lots of trouble getting a refund.

Jill H
Jill HSouth East Queensland, QLD

King too heavy. Try a cheaper alternative first.

Purchased in July 2020 at Therapy Blanket for $249.50.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Find another supplier

Purchased in August 2020 for $235.00.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Poor customer service

I used the weight guide on their website and the blanket was so heavy I woke up with muscle pain each morning. I contacted the company who said offered no assistance and said I had to pay all return shipping to exchange. I also explained that I couldn’t carry such a heavy blanket to the post office and don’t have a car, to which the reply was ‘get a friend to help.’ That is currently not possible under the restrictions in Victoria. This all seems unreasonable when I used the guide on their website. I now have a $250 blanket I cannot use. Avoid this company.

Purchased in September 2020 for $250.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Ömer Batın G.
Ömer Batın G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If you only use it for a year!

Just after a year of purchase, the cells that keep the glass bits apart already disrupted. If you take the cover sheet off, be ready to see small glass parts all over. Besides, since the weight re-distributes once this happens, what you have at the end is a meaningless blanket with no weights at all in the middle where your body lyes under, and kilos of weight where it already sits on the bed! Waste of money at the end. Customer service gives a 50% discount for your NEXT purchase as if they do not do this to everyone who visits their website!

Purchased in May 2019 for $268.00.

phippsie
phippsie

Poorly made and doesn't last

While initially delighted with the blanket, after 12 months it has become apparent that there is a design flaw. After a time, the glass beads redistribute between the squares so some are bulging and others empty. Especially at the edges and in the middle (I had a Queen size shared between 2 people). Also the beads began to leak out of the blanket between the stitches.
Response from customer service although prompt was unhelpful. Apparently 2 months out of warranty is too long to do anything. Will try another brand for my next purchase.

Purchased in May 2019 for $300.00.

Very heavy. Returned it.

Received as a gift (bamboo blanket). The 7kg weight was too heavy, even though it was 10% of my body weight. I found I had aches in my legs after using. It didn't improve my sleep. It is nice and warm and it didn't move. We returned it and received full refund.

Purchased in May 2020 at Therapy blanket.

Heather
HeatherSydney Surrounds, NSW

Didn’t like it

jacinta f.
jacinta f.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing nights sleep but size an issue

Once I got used to sleeping under the weight I get an amazing nights sleep. However was a bit disappointed with the size. It’s supposed to be a queen blanket but you would struggle to have two people sleeping under it on a queen sized bed.

Purchased in March 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Therapy Blanket

Flawed design

These seem great at first but the stitching used to seal the beads in pockets isn't adequate at containing them after prolonged use. Both myself and my partner bought one. Both blankets got extremely lumpy within 6 months with the beads migrating away from the centre of the blanket toward the edges. One blanket even had the tiny beads leaking into the outer cover so that even removing the cover became a messy experience.

After contacting support they shipped us two replacement blankets. We were hoping they were just from a bad batch, but the new blankets are suffering the same fate after just another 6 months.

They were great at first but just don't seem to be built to last.

Purchased in April 2019.

Buyer beware. Read all the fine print.

Blanket was too heavy for me - because I didn’t have the original zip lock bags & outer cardboard box that was delivered I was not eligible for a refund. Terrible customer service.

Purchased in December 2019.

Andrew F
Andrew FLaunceston, TAS

Poorly designed and not worth the price tag.

Purchased at therapyblanket.com.au.

Review collected in partnership with Therapy Blanket

Silvia M.
Silvia M.asked

Therapy blanket is all round season? I’m in Victoria thanks Silvia

Therapy Blanket
Katerina C.Therapy Blanket

Hi Silvia, thank you for your inquiry! Yes, correct and we have two different kinds of materials to choose from to better suit your preference for the blankets namely Adaptive Series and Bamboo Series.

Adaptive Series - also known as our all-year blanket for its cover that is made up of buttery-soft, micro plush side that helps keep one warm and the other side made of Bamboo that is cool to the feeling. The fabric of its inner blanket is also pure cotton. (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-blanket)

Bamboo Series - this option is more breathable and perfect for areas that have warmer weather or for users who sleep hot and tend to sweat more in their sleep. The fabric is pure Bamboo from its cover down to its inner blanket, making it more breathable. Have I also mentioned that this comes with a free pillowcase? Definitely cool! (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-bamboo-weighted-blanket)

You may also buy an extra cover as desired so you may enjoy both worlds! Let us know should you need at any time by emailing us at support@therapyblanket.com.au. Cheers!

Shannon F.
Shannon F.asked

Have emailed and put in an online question regarding where my blanket is that I ordered with express postage and have not received any responses. Getting very worried about being scammed.

Lola
Lola

I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are super busy and a small company. I found them very professional.

Susan
Susanasked

Dear All
Could anyone advise do we need to wash the cover before we first use?

See all Therapy Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Therapy Blanket representatives

Fostering a sense of calmness, weighted blankets are engineered to help relax your body and mind and drift you into a restful night’s sleep. By applying evenly distributed pressure over your body, it simulates a feeling of being hugged.

Features

• Promotes a deeper sleep: The therapy blanket simulates the feeling of being hugged which reduces body movement and helps to maximise relaxation, enabling you to get a deeper, more restful night’s sleep.
  • Reduces stress: Therapy’s weighted blanket solution uses “deep touch pressure” to help stimulate pressure points on the body. This can help improve mood, sleep and achieve an overall feeling of calmness.
  • 30 night trial
  • Machine washable cover
  • Hypoallergenic

Products

The Bamboo Series

Made from 100% luxurious bamboo lyocell, this eco-friendly weighted blanket has remarkable breathability and feels amazing against the skin.

If you’re a hot sleeper or live in a warm environment, then Therapy’s Bamboo Series weighted blanket uses moisture wicking technology to keep you feeling cool and stress-free all night.

These weighted blankets are filled with high density glass dura-beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets, the weight is guaranteed to be evenly distributed across your whole body. The micro-beads are non-toxic, food-grade and odourless, making them the perfect choice.

Featuring a SmartZip design along with internal fasteners attaching your cover and weighted blanket, you can say goodbye to bunching and sagging.

Weighted blankets come with a complimentary bamboo pillowcase.

The Adaptive™ Series

An upgrade of The Original Series, this is Therapy’s most advanced & versatile design yet. It's reversible for summer/winter use and features an innovative SmartZip™ design.

The Adaptive Series features a two-sided cover with one side made with cooling bamboo fabric and the other made with buttery soft micro plush. This gives you the chance to pick the side that best suits your temperature preferences at any given time.

Therapy’s Adaptive Series weighted blankets are made from 100% long-staple premium cotton. They’re filled with high-density glass dura beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets.

What reviewers thought

This product is rated highly by reviewers who enjoy the heavy tucked in feeling. Some reviewers complained that the beads redistributed with use and eventually began to leak out between the stitches. The returns process tends to be tricky for those without a car - and you may not get a full refund if there are some threads missing.

Overall, reviewers were happy with the product which provided people some of the most comfortable sleeps yet.